Favourite Godsword  

82 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favourite Godsword?

• Bandos Godsword
    • Zamorak Godsword
    • Saradomin Godsword
    • Armadyl Godsword
    • None - I hate Godswords

Right, me and a few of my friends have been debating which we think the best Godsword is, i came up with the fact that there is no definitive answer to this question as slayers would like the SGS, boss killers would love the AGS (apart from Sara boss killers, they favour the ZGS I believe) and lower levelled players would like the BGS because they can realistically aim to get it.

So i thought i would ask you guys what your favourite is, and give the reasons in a comment.

Please take these into account:

Bandos: Nice high hitting special at a cheep price. 100% spec use

Zamorak: Freezes opponent, still quite cheep, very fun, good for PKing (so i have herd) 60% spec use

Saradomin: Heals and restores pray, quite pricey so still looks good, very handy for slayer. 50% spec use

Armadyl: very high hits, very expensive, awesome for boss killing and PKing 50% spec use

My favourite is the Saradomin Godsword, because it heals and restores prayer with its spec allowing for longer trips/more kills.

user1-dark.png

It is my deepest regret to inform you that this topic will explode soon. Fair warning.

SGS = EEE is better for almost everything. Useless.

ZGS = Lol. Useless.

AGS = Edge BH maybe. Really bad for boss hunting. Claws are much better. Mostly useless.

BGS = Great for six man corp teams and a few other niche things. Definitely the most useful for high level players.

Godswords suck in general and you should only buy one if you're six manning corp on a pro team.

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

I used to own and cherish the Saradomin Godsword some time ago for when i did slayer. Didn't take long for it to fall out of favor with me though once i realized the Saradomin Sword and Abyssal Whip have greater efficiency. I don't like the inconsistency of the spec either.

Then of course, i got the Enhanced Excalibur and eventually Soul Split, which sealed the deal for me.

Seeing as i don't PK and seldom partake in PvP activities, i have little use for godswords. I suppose i'd borrow the Bandos one for the spec should i start Boss Hunting.

Swainy.png

It is my deepest regret to inform you that this topic will explode soon. Fair warning.

SGS = EEE is better for almost everything. Useless.

ZGS = Lol. Useless.

AGS = Edge BH maybe. Really bad for boss hunting. Claws are much better. Mostly useless.

BGS = Great for six man corp teams and a few other niche things. Definitely the most useful for high level players.

Godswords suck in general and you should only buy one if you're six manning corp on a pro team.

Pretty much sums up my thoughts. :P

Godswords are rather outdated in my opinion.

Ags obv

Dragon drops: 82 (2 claws)

Dagannoth kings drops: 73

Barrows item count: 51

GWD drops: 54 (5 hilts: 1x bandos, 3x saradomin, 1x zamorak)

Whips: 4

Sigils: 1x spectral (FFA), 1x arcane (FFA)

I like the SGS, but alas it's one of the things I sold for my h'ween. Not sure if I'll ever replace it - I'd rather beat elite seers first, at which point I wouldn't need it nearly so much - if at all. Plus I have a Uni, so the only time SGS might be useful to me is in multi if I'm using a geyser titan. And as someone else pointed out, you can still hit 0s with it. Personally, I think it should have a guaranteed hit of 1lp regardless, or just always restore 100lp and 5 prayer.

Between extremes/overloads, turmoil/piety, maxed combat.... there's not much you actually need the accuracy of a godsword for, at least for very high level players. Most of those would rather try to get a chaotic anyways.

Incidentally, to the above posters, ZGS still has it's niche use at Sara GW. A few people like it for PVP (mostly safe PVP) because for whatever reason, these few people like freezing their opponent.

And yeah, AGS has some pk'ing uses, mostly because it protects over a lot. Dragon claws are probably better, but a lot easier to lose. (Works for me, I hunt TDs....)

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.
[spoiler=The rest of my sig. You know you wanna see it.]

my difinition of noob is i dont like u, either u are better then me or u are worst them me

Buying spins make you a bad person...don't do it. It's like buying nukes for North Korea.

Well if it bothers you that the game is more fun now, then you can go cry in a corner. :shame:

your article was the equivalent of a circumcized porcupine

The only thing wrong with it is the lack of a percentage for when you need to stroke it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png
Poignant Purple to Lokie's Ravishing Red and Alg's Brilliant Blue.

Armadyl has the coolest followers :thumbup:.

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

Dear whomever moved this, I would just like to know why this is classed as a Questionnaire? I don't think this is a question, just a general thought where everyone can post what they think. Could you please move it back?

user1-dark.png

Dear whomever moved this, I would just like to know why this is classed as a Questionnaire? I don't think this is a question, just a general thought where everyone can post what they think. Could you please move it back?

Your asking people what their favorite godsword is. It's even a bloody poll. So of COURSE it's a questionaire.

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.
[spoiler=The rest of my sig. You know you wanna see it.]

my difinition of noob is i dont like u, either u are better then me or u are worst them me

Buying spins make you a bad person...don't do it. It's like buying nukes for North Korea.

Well if it bothers you that the game is more fun now, then you can go cry in a corner. :shame:

your article was the equivalent of a circumcized porcupine

The only thing wrong with it is the lack of a percentage for when you need to stroke it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png
Poignant Purple to Lokie's Ravishing Red and Alg's Brilliant Blue.

Before the Castle Wars changes I would have gone with the Zamorak Godsword because it was a tremendous amount of fun freezing the enemy when they ran off with the flag XD but ever since the change, there hasn't been as many people playing, so I couldn't say I'd have as much fun now as I did back then.

So I decided I'd vote for the Armadyl Godsword. Simply because Armadyl is my favourite Runescape god, the specs look amazing, and you get two of them! <3

2vuhgcn.png

Your asking people what their favorite godsword is. It's even a bloody poll. So of COURSE it's a questionaire.

Its a poll, not a questionnaire, differnt things.

Heres an example of a questionnaire:

whats your name? _________

What do you like to eat? __________

Why do you play Xbox? _________

This was one question and was an opening to a "general discussion".

P.s. there is no need to rude about it... a simple "its a poll, all polls go here" would have been fine.

user1-dark.png

Its a poll, not a questionnaire, differnt things.

Heres an example of a questionnaire:

whats your name? _________

What do you like to eat? __________

Why do you play Xbox? _________

This was one question and was an opening to a "general discussion".

P.s. there is no need to rude about it... a simple "its a poll, all polls go here" would have been fine.

Sorry to inform you, but lighthearted topics like this aren't allowed in general discussions. That place is for intense discussion about efficiency, the market, comparing items, etc.

Staurolite.png

Sorry to inform you, but lighthearted topics like this aren't allowed in general discussions. That place is for intense discussion about efficiency, the market, comparing items, etc.

Can't decide if that is sarcasm or not

All skills 70+

Trails: 2 x Rune platebody (g)

Barrows: 1 x Dharok's legs

Drops: 1 x Dragon skirt | 1 x Dragon defender

Can't decide if that is sarcasm or not

It's not... this is tipit 2010 and its full of people waiting to tell you they know everything.

Exclusive Legacy Mode Player

Golvellius.png

He just successfully trolled you with "courtesy" and managed to get a reaction out of you. Lol

Yeah Godswords are pretty meager compared to the newer stuff out there. But when I had one it was the SGS because it was useful for my slaying c:

rc1tzc.png

☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢

I voted for SGS, sure it's not that very useful now sice we got the upgraded EEE, but dang it was good before.

And since I only used Godsword before, then it deserves my vote.

I tried AGS before, but it's inaccuracy was just sad. So I sold it like 2 hours after.

SGS pride for life.

this is tipit 2010 and its full of people waiting to tell you they know everything.

looking at the front page of general disc, there are the following threads that are about efficiency, the market, comparing items, etc.:

If summoning charms were tradable...

Pro DGing

3rd Age/Spirit shields/Phats Discussion

Dungeoneering Shields Discussion

Chaotic Rapier vs Longsword

out of 25 threads

BGS for corp

Stonewall337.png
[hide=Drops]Araxxor Eye x1 Leg pieces x2
GWD: 5000 Addy bar Steam B Staff x3 Z Spear x6 Sara. Hilt x2 Bandos Hilt x2 (LS, Solo)SS x6 (1 LS)
Tormented Demons: Shard x6 Slice x5 Claws x9 Limbs x3
DKS: Archer x21 Warrior x31 Berserker x30 Axe x51[/hide]

Zamorak. Why you ask?

1. Because its red.

2. All the other gods are [bleep]es.

Well, I would say pretty much the same. Except that I would like to change two things.

1. "Zamorak" should be Saradomin.

2. "red" should be blue.

Other than that I totally agree with you :D

SGS ftw. Coolest sword ever imo.

lGxorje.png

Add me if you so wish: SwreeTak

The only Godsword that was ever useful to me was the SGS, I used it regularly for slayer before I got a bunyip, and I still use it at places like Dagannoth kings, or when I'm tanking Zamorak Godwars.

whatisrush-1.png

Fisher/Woodcut------Me-----Miner/crafter----Stabber----Leecher

^Golvellius must be so proud^

FlowerPower.png