If summoning charms were tradable...

deskjethp

Personally, I'd sell my charms, ~2k blues and ~2k crims for 40m. Blues 15k each, crims 5k each.

Stonewall337.png
[hide=Drops]Araxxor Eye x1 Leg pieces x2
GWD: 5000 Addy bar Steam B Staff x3 Z Spear x6 Sara. Hilt x2 Bandos Hilt x2 (LS, Solo)SS x6 (1 LS)
Tormented Demons: Shard x6 Slice x5 Claws x9 Limbs x3
DKS: Archer x21 Warrior x31 Berserker x30 Axe x51[/hide]

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also Bladewing, You've seen what these manipulator clans can do. It is possible.

Jagex could have just set them to a locked price like spirit shards though.

i have never seen any manipulator, clan or otherwise, indefinitely hold the prices of a non-discontinued items artificially high. so no, based on what i've seen, it is not possible.

Also Bladewing, You've seen what these manipulator clans can do. It is possible.

i have never seen any manipulator, clan or otherwise, indefinitely hold the prices of a non-discontinued items artificially high. so no, based on what i've seen, it is not possible.

well what you said was "not seen", and that still lets things be open to "posible".

although yea its allmsot certen that merchers would let them go down sometime.

mlpfim20percentcoolersi.jpg

I'm a Brony and proud of it!

i would expect such idiocy from someone attending a "fairness" rally L

you and your like talk like there exists an illuminati-esque group of "merchers" that have absolute control of the prices of any/all items they choose to fiddle with.

i would expect such idiocy from someone attending a "fairness" rally L

you and your like talk like there exists an illuminati-esque group of "merchers" that have absolute control of the prices of any/all items they choose to fiddle with.

I like you.

enaidlool.png

If you quote me please be sure to note that I'm extremely mad.

I usually agree with you, but I disagree with the point of 'no clan/merchant hold any non-discontinued item artificially high indefinitely'.

Gold jewellery, anyone?

blues -25k-30k at stable pricing, after the merchers got done with them for the first 4 months

crimson- 8-10k pretty much the best training charms in the game and people are already spending 4k+ to get 200/hour

greens- 800gp most useless charms there are, xp only a little better than gold but 5x the cost in seconds, if people want faster xp they will use crims

golds- 1000gp most cost efficient charms to use by far

Y_Z.png

I usually agree with you, but I disagree with the point of 'no clan/merchant hold any non-discontinued item artificially high indefinitely'.

Gold jewellery, anyone?

ah, good point, but the jewelry manipulations took advantage of a lack of foresight by jagex, because the rogue effectively created infinite demand, which caused the prices to continue to rise until it was fixed.

the point is that manipulation clans do not hold arbitrary control of prices in runescape.

So many things listed at the top of GE on "sales control".... you must never go there.

Exclusive Legacy Mode Player

Golvellius.png

He just successfully trolled you with "courtesy" and managed to get a reaction out of you. Lol

Blues would probably be 50k, crim 20k, greens 5k, gold 1k.

I'd say a little less than that. Half of what you said would be about right, slayer monsters drop quite a lot of charms, not just camp-able's like Wfs/Rock Lobs

Looking at the over-inflated price of dbones and the potential ability panic has to wreak havok on this commodity that would suddenly be tradable, you doubt they'd reach that high? I have no such delusions and mistrust the intelligence of the collective market. While we can logically say what they'll be worth based on what's currently being asked for just the ability to attain them, you can't say that's how much they will be when they're freely tradeable.

They would skyrocket, because people are stupid.

hzvjpwS.gif

Instead of being tradable I think a better "solution" would be for that you could trade charms up at an NPC.

Something like 3 Gold -> 1 Green, 3 Green -> 1 Crimson, 3 Crimson -> 1 Blue.

That way you don't "gain" any experience from doing this, you're just speeding up the process and making all those gold charms worth picking up. 9 Gold per crimson and 27 gold per blue seems fair to me.

That's a lovely idea. However, one issue I foresee, is all those stupid pouches no one likes to make (but still have use) might then not be made... Which would just be a hassle, when you'd need a magpie and there's none nowhere.

I have all the 99s, and have been playing since 2001. Comped 4/30/15 

My Araxxi Kills: 459::Araxxi Drops(KC):

Araxxi Hilts: 4x Eye (14/126/149/459), Web - (100) Fang (193)

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)
Boss Pets: Supreme - 848 KC

If you play Xbox One - Add me! GT: Urtehnoes - Currently on a Destiny binge 

Making a gold ring in Falador and then just walking over to Taverley and making the magpie pouch is not a huge federal issue.

But you know what I mean, some stuff is just too obnoxious to get.

I have all the 99s, and have been playing since 2001. Comped 4/30/15 

My Araxxi Kills: 459::Araxxi Drops(KC):

Araxxi Hilts: 4x Eye (14/126/149/459), Web - (100) Fang (193)

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)
Boss Pets: Supreme - 848 KC

If you play Xbox One - Add me! GT: Urtehnoes - Currently on a Destiny binge 

Making a gold ring in Falador and then just walking over to Taverley and making the magpie pouch is not a huge federal issue.

His point is, everyone will trade gold/green/crimson for blue, and no one will make gold/green/crimson familiars.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

His point is, everyone will trade gold/green/crimson for blue, and no one will make gold/green/crimson familiars.

The economy would naturally sort that out, if it happens. Blue secondaries would be much higher than they are now, and Crimson secondaries would be cheaper (since no one's actually going to use them anymore).

Or, another solution would be; Don't make it so that you get exactly the same xp with better charms. A simple fix would be make a 50% markup on the amount of charms required, making it unworthy of making Crims -> Blues

I think the cost of 99 summoning, if it were entirely buyable, would cost around the same as 99 herblore and prayer, seeing as the three contribute to combat more or less to the same degree. So I would put the figure at around 300m. 100m would be loss from shards and tertiaries. So I'd imagine a player wanting to buy 35k crims from the GE shelling out 200m or about 5.7k ea. People already pay 25% more gp/xp to train 2.5x faster with frost dragons than with dragons bones. And as blues give over twice the xp/hr over crims, i'd imagine they would be 20% more gp/xp or so. Bork with Varrock Elite done would be more profitable than an average torstol run.

well what you said was "not seen", and that still lets things be open to "posible".

although yea its allmsot certen that merchers would let them go down sometime.

To put it another way merchant clans don't target the core items that skillers buy, because there will be so many bought by skillers that additional purchases by a merchant clan aren't going to make a significant difference to price swings.

Merch clans items tend to target items which are both in lowish/medium supply (not to low or most the clan won't get to buy any, not to high or they won't be able to buy out all the supply.) and low/medium demand.

This is not charms which would be in very high demand from the skillers, and highish supply due to a temptingly high price for items which are obtainable by noobs and bots.

Some individual merchants try to take advantage of the natural oscilations in high demand/high supply items. (with added advantage that even if they make a loss they will normally be able to liquidise their assets - unlike trying to buy a merch clan item, missing the sell window, and being stuck with a pile of unsellable junk) These people aren't the manipulators.

Edit: I suppose if the vast majority of skillers decided the way to level summong was to buy Crimson and Blue and decided to ignore gold and green despite their cheaper price point then it could leave them open to be a merch clan item. I don't get the feeling it would work out that way though - I think it might be more like construction where various types of planks get used depending on the wealth of the skiller.

The economy would naturally sort that out, if it happens. Blue secondaries would be much higher than they are now, and Crimson secondaries would be cheaper (since no one's actually going to use them anymore).

Or, another solution would be; Don't make it so that you get exactly the same xp with better charms. A simple fix would be make a 50% markup on the amount of charms required, making it unworthy of making Crims -> Blues

3 crimsons gives more experience than 1 blue, same with 3 greens/crimsons etc. (Only exception is talon beasts etc. for crimsons).

Trading up wouldn't be a huge problem, since most of the other familiars are still worth making. But tradable charms would make summoning just like prayer and herblore.

The reason dragon bones cost so much is that they aren't all that easy to obtain :) Where as I get tons of charms from slayer etc.

Serena_Sedai.png
Maxed since Sunday, January 9th, 2014
Completionist since Wednesday, June 4th, 2014

3 crimsons gives more experience than 1 blue, same with 3 greens/crimsons etc. (Only exception is talon beasts etc. for crimsons).

Depends on what you make, though. I never really looked up the experience rates of those charms, but some form of mark-up would prevent abusing Golds->Blues

I'm not sure if you're agreeing or disagreeing with me. Hmm

Depends on what you make, though. I never really looked up the experience rates of those charms, but some form of mark-up would prevent abusing Golds->Blues

I'm not sure if you're agreeing or disagreeing with me. Hmm

27 golds -> 1 Blue. Means that to get if you make anything higher than Granite crab (level 16) you'll get more experience from the golds than you would the blue charm. At 9 greens -> 1 Blue anything above magpies (at 47) you'd get more xp from the greens than blues. Trading 3 crimsons to 1 blue you'll need to make Smoke Devils (61) or better to get better xp with the crimsons. This is assuming you're making Geyser titans (highest level blue). So yeah, unless you're making familiars way under your level the 3x trade up seems fair to me.

With Gold -> Crimson the cutoff point is bullants at level 40. Although the cutoff for greens -> Crimsons is 80 and the hydra.