120 constitution

Star_Fox

Yes, how dare I get caught up in the idea of effort/experience being rewarded. How selfish.

It's perfectly OK to want to benefit yourself, don't worry. I was just saying that your argument that not having 99+ con would invalidate ones opinion on this matter is approximately as correct as my argument.

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, just to be clear, your argument still boils down to "but that much HP exp is hard to get and people shouldn't get an advantage for it just because they went through the effort to get it"?

Join "DG Sweepers" Clan Chat for Dungeoneering Floors | Accepting all tipiters who are Willing to Learn |

Jelly.pngOccultEpicKeyer21.pngBladewing.png

Seriously, lol @ all the people who disregard the opinion of anyone who doesn't have 99hp. I've been max melee for almost two years and outside of PvP, the hp system is not a problem. Armour that boosts lp is the way to go imo.

Also, @ xpx, what would be the point of boosting att, str etc along with hp? That would just completely negate the point of boosting the cap on hp in the first place.

Edit: To Green above me. That is purely opinion. If the cap were to be raised now I would see it as a chore to keep levelling hp when there is no urgent need for it.

Did i say there should be a boost in attack/str/def? i think not. The point is, even though boosting other combat stats could make the game really unbalanced, raising prayer, summoning or HP wouldn't have that effect, they would just improve the current gameplay with minimal drawbacks(95% of them are psychological, anyway, such as ''i have to get 120 hp to max out'' etc). As far as i can see, boosting hp would only make the game better in terms of: higher healing from brews and unicorn(and they are not usually used in pvp, thus would make room for stronger bosses) and make rushing much harder(which it absolutely should be). For pvp and 95% of MH(basically everything except corp), your maximum LP has very little to do with your combat ability, and at that, the effect is only defensive(thus it doesn't unbalance any of the combat classes). It's funny that alot of you guys mention things being unbalanced, not even thinking about it.

Quyneax, care to explain how a 1200 LP max would negate corps KO potential? Right now, you have a max of 1150 LP(99+brew) and people are still dieing there, the extra 210 LP you can have(and very few would) means you can brew once more, but still not more than 2 doses at a time, so you'd be safing at around 1100 LP instead of 1000 LP. which is not a big improvement(and one that costs 8x the time).

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

I would definitely agree that of all the combat skills, HP, Summoning, and Prayer are good candidates for being raised to 120. I can't even imagine how angry people would be if the latter two were raised, though.

"omgf jameflex 120 sum costs eleventy billion geepees@@@!111@"

With frost bones, it wouldn't even be much of a grind to raise prayer from 99 to 120 once you have the money. Summoning is fast, too.

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

Seriously, lol @ all the people who disregard the opinion of anyone who doesn't have 99hp. I've been max melee for almost two years and outside of PvP, the hp system is not a problem. Armour that boosts lp is the way to go imo.

Also, @ xpx, what would be the point of boosting att, str etc along with hp? That would just completely negate the point of boosting the cap on hp in the first place.

Edit: To Green above me. That is purely opinion. If the cap were to be raised now I would see it as a chore to keep levelling hp when there is no urgent need for it.

Did i say there should be a boost in attack/str/def? i think not. The point is, even though boosting other combat stats could make the game really unbalanced, raising prayer, summoning or HP wouldn't have that effect, they would just improve the current gameplay with minimal drawbacks(95% of them are psychological, anyway, such as ''i have to get 120 hp to max out'' etc). As far as i can see, boosting hp would only make the game better in terms of: higher healing from brews and unicorn(and they are not usually used in pvp, thus would make room for stronger bosses) and make rushing much harder(which it absolutely should be). For pvp and 95% of MH(basically everything except corp), your maximum LP has very little to do with your combat ability, and at that, the effect is only defensive(thus it doesn't unbalance any of the combat classes). It's funny that alot of you guys mention things being unbalanced, not even thinking about it.

Quyneax, care to explain how a 1200 LP max would negate corps KO potential? Right now, you have a max of 1150 LP(99+brew) and people are still dieing there, the extra 210 LP you can have(and very few would) means you can brew once more, but still not more than 2 doses at a time, so you'd be safing at around 1100 LP instead of 1000 LP. which is not a big improvement(and one that costs 8x the time).

As good as it may sound on paper (Im indifferent either way, tbh) there are things that you just aren't considering. With the exception of healing methods that scale to your level, the food market would become serverly [bleep]ed. If we imagine for a second that the hp cap was 120 and monsters still hit the same damage and food (with the exception of items that scale) still healed the same lp, the price of brews would skyrocket to stupid levels at the same time leaving normal consumable food next to useless. If food was scaled along with monster damage then the lifting would be pointless from the get go.

So please, correct me if i'm wrong (It wouldn't be the first time I missed some critical element to an argument) but I see no feasible way that the cap being raised would work.

Sylpheed.png

It wouldn't negate it, of course. But, with brews healing/boosting 210, you could go up to 1410 lp. Even with brews capped (which would be weird imo, not good) at 170, you'd be at 1370 lp. I think that means you can just about survive two max hits which you couldn't now.

Also, I don't agree rushing should be made harder by simply adding more lp. If you get the drop on someone and manage to put eight claws into their body at various places, then your opponent should just be (near) dead. We're humans, after all, we rely on gear and pots to save our asses. It wouldn't fit the style of the game at all, imo.

Unicorns are used extensively in certain safe pvp activities (at least the kind The Ancient does).

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

As good as it may sound on paper (Im indifferent either way, tbh) there are things that you just aren't considering. With the exception of healing methods that scale to your level, the food market would become serverly [bleep]ed. If we imagine for a second that the hp cap was 120 and monsters still hit the same damage and food (with the exception of items that scale) still healed the same lp, the price of brews would skyrocket to stupid levels at the same time leaving normal consumable food next to useless. If food was scaled along with monster damage then the lifting would be pointless from the get go.

So please, correct me if i'm wrong (It wouldn't be the first time I missed some critical element to an argument) but I see no feasible way that the cap being raised would work.

Erm, how would the food market change? This is basically only relevant for 99 hp-ers, who already don't use any food(only use SS/brews with overloads) apart from pvp, where the food consumption would remain exactly the same. As for brews, judging by the fact that you'd use less of them, the price would actually drop or stay the same.

It wouldn't negate it, of course. But, with brews healing/boosting 210, you could go up to 1410 lp. Even with brews capped (which would be weird imo, not good) at 170, you'd be at 1370 lp. I think that means you can just about survive two max hits which you couldn't now.

Also, I don't agree rushing should be made harder by simply adding more lp. If you get the drop on someone and manage to put eight claws into their body at various places, then your opponent should just be (near) dead. We're humans, after all, we rely on gear and pots to save our asses. It wouldn't fit the style of the game at all, imo.

Unicorns are used extensively in certain safe pvp activities (at least the kind The Ancient does).

Firstly, brews would heal 190 lp with 120 HP, not 210, and there will be very few people who will get the full 190 lp healing. Judging by the fact that you need 8 times 99 hp to survive 2 max hits from corp, it seems pretty balanced to me(and would allow for even harder bosses to exist, which is pretty much impossible right now).

And well, right now, if you look at low risk pking(one of the most popular ways of pking) there are always people standing around with melee prayer activated. Is that normal? If this update would make that unnecessary or significantly reduce the number of people 'cheap-shotting' people, would it really be a bad thing? As for the real life analogy, it's the worst i've ever heard(and has no logic within the game).

As for safe pvp, it's already imbalanced enough that this wouldn't change about anything(in terms of not having a combat triangle etc).

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

120 Constitution shouldn't happen plain and simple.

For the one reason of the food meta game at low health where low levels can heal in 1-2 bites of sharks while it takes the higher levels 3-5 bites shark.

The food system needs to be balanced for every type of player not make the means of 21 extra startup health + the health bonuses from food which is all grind.

Firstly, brews would heal 190 lp with 120 HP, not 210, and there will be very few people who will get the full 190 lp healing. Judging by the fact that you need 8 times 99 hp to survive 2 max hits from corp, it seems pretty balanced to me(and would allow for even harder bosses to exist, which is pretty much impossible right now).

And well, right now, if you look at low risk pking(one of the most popular ways of pking) there are always people standing around with melee prayer activated. Is that normal? If this update would make that unnecessary or significantly reduce the number of people 'cheap-shotting' people, would it really be a bad thing? As for the real life analogy, it's the worst i've ever heard(and has no logic within the game).

As for safe pvp, it's already imbalanced enough that this wouldn't change about anything(in terms of not having a combat triangle etc).

Harder bosses shouldn't hit higher imo, but that aside (what makes Nomad quite hard? Not his insane max)

Melee prayer activated is normal, yes. And this update wouldn't fix that as nearly no pkers would actually have any higher con than they have now. I mean, first you say it's balanced at corp cause few people get it, and now it suddenly does help pvp? Obviously it doesn't. You can't claim it'll fix pvp for any significant portion of all pvpers.

You are saying that it's already imbalanced so we can just mess it up more? (just making sure I get you)

So, just to be clear, your argument still boils down to "but that much HP exp is hard to get and people shouldn't get an advantage for it just because they went through the effort to get it"?

Lol how did you get that idea? Of course it doesn't. YOUR argument is that it's hard to get and 120 con therefore is both a reward and won't imbalance the game. I'm saying it would imbalance the game, though I won't deny it would be a reward.

Might I remind you that Jagex shouldn't fix things unless they are broken (I don't think this would really be in the category 'new content')? How is it broken now?

As other have said, the best thing is lp/constitution (It'll be interesting to see how lp will react to a boosted consitution level) boosting equipment and potions, as well as damage reducers. It's simply far more interesting and strategic than more levels, especially if the consitution boosters sacrifice other things.

This is exactly the main reason why life points and constitution were separated. There's very little point in doing that and never following up with it.

~ W ~

sigzi.png

It'll be interesting to see how lp will react to a boosted consitution level

I think the mourners near Arandar reduce your constitution to 20, which means you can't heal above 200 lp with normal food. It hurts :P.

When they raised the maximum level of Dungeoneering, I did not speak up or leave the game, because I will probably never get a level higher then 99...

And when they raised the maximum level of Constitution, I did not speak up or leave the game, because I will probably never get a level higher then 99...

And when they finally raise the bar for the skill that I like, there will be noone left to speak up for me...

Ok, I raped a masterful quote there, but, you get the idea...

Former Leader of The Tal Shiar Alliance - An Original Tip.it Clan
Member of the Wilderness Guardians and Founder of the Silent Guardians
Founder of The Conclave - A Tip.it Clan institution
Tip.it Times author (click for all my articles) - When I use the wrong reasons to make the right statement, argue the reason, not the statement.
MSSW4 General - Did we kick your ass too?

Check us out!
wildsig3.gif
clanmotif.png
==> No seriously, if you like FREE GP, XP and Dung tokens, as well as Community, Opportunity and above all FUN... <==
CLICK IT!

Meh. I wouldn't mind *looks at 51m hp exp*

But really, I don't think it will change anything. People will still safe to about the same amount they did before on bosses and in pvp. Only thing that really changes is getting 1 hitted in pvp. Could be useful for dungeoneering bosses too I guess.

Actually, hmm. I guess it would raise the amount the brews and unicorns heal. Maybe that would change things significantly.

I wouldn't mind having the opportunity to train past 99. Any 99.

Good. This is kind of what I was looking for. If you care so much about "a healthy gameplay" then

by all means, LEAVE RUNESCAPE. MMORPGs aren't going to continue catering to casual players

and they must acknowledge the existence of hardcore gamers who are eager to take on any goal.

Some people like myself who are above the quota for all his nutrient needs can give a rat's-ass of

how many hours I play everyday.

Some of you seem to be missing a very important point...

With higher levels come exponential xp gains. Look at dung at lvl 1. Then lvl 50. Then lvl 80. Then lvl 100. Then lvl 120. There is a NOTICEABLE change in xp gains as you progress through the levels.

Therefore, if the level caps are raised to 120, you are able to unlock more new options to train the skill even faster than it was before, which actually means less grinding than you would really think. This also gives a GREAT benefit for 200m'ers in the front page, as they are able to approach 200m even easier than they did before.

Of course, if we want to see these exponential xp gains happen, Jagex has to release more new, elite-level content. I would LOVE to see this happening! :thumbsup:

How does a higher HP level get you faster HP xp?

Only ways to "grind" constitution are ice barraging and chinning. It has the most potential as a 120 skill precisely because it's passively raised.

The most common way to grind constitution is by training combat normally. 120 constitution would result in a lot more players with 200m strength.

When you browse these forums, you don't NEED to be a high level to be aware of high level's problems.

You really do. If you haven't been put in a position where you have tons of incidental excess HP experience, of course you can't understand the position of wanting extra combat to not be meaningless; you're still concerned with killing your armored zombies for 99 strength or whatever low levels do for combat experience these days.

You know what? I suspect that now that you have all that xp already, you've lost sight of how long it really takes to train that much. You don't fully understand how it feels for someone who doesn't have it. Maybe you're the one who isn't qualified to discuss it, hmm?

Funny how my unqualified opinion also happens to be the one shared by Jagex. But I guess you have so much more experience in game design, don't you? :rolleyes:

There are so many reasons to kill things past 99 HP; WAY more reasons than training any other skill past 99.

Not to 200m xp there aren't.

I also resent the implication that HP is somehow unlike DG in that it involves "grind." I mean, sure, you can grind chinning or rock lobster bursting for quick hp experience, but HP experience also comes from most of the goofing off high levels tend to do. Any boss hunting or PvP and most of the best moneymaking methods will add to your HP experience. In my opinion DG is more of a grind than, say, corping.

Which should only take about 15,000 hours or so...do you consider that a reasonable amount of time for a game designer to expect the player to spend fighting bosses?

It'd be interesting to see an intelligent argument against 120 HP rather than yet more variations on "I'm too lazy but still want max total," which really isn't an argument at all.

Strawman.

Ok, I raped a masterful quote there, but, you get the idea...

*wince*

Yes, that was terrible. :-X

One of few skills which would definitely do well past level 99. HP and Smithing for sure :)

I would be level 113 HP woot :D

I don't see any reason why smithing should go past 99...It'd be incredibly silly if you can make dragon armor

which should only come from monster drops.

If this update was to occur, I would be around 112 HP...Putting me between 141-142 CB. Yay.

And ofc...People will obviously go against this (Mostly the low lvls) simply because it doesn't encourage any

form of optimal gameplay and some people will be so envious to see a fellow who's wearing a cape that

outrank's theirs.

See, This is why nothing ever gets done in Runescape. You will always have some sort of complaint because

people will say they'll never have this or that even when someday they could have it and then suddenly

say this was the best thing ever. It's always perspective.

And ofc...People will obviously go against this (Mostly the low lvls) simply because it doesn't encourage any

form of optimal gameplay and some people will be so envious to see a fellow who's wearing a cape that

outrank's theirs.

Correct, sadly speculations like these are pointless since Jagex always tend to side with the spoilt low levels who want access to all the game-content without even being good at the game.

Consider all the updates we have had since rs2- combat in rsc was really slow, but there were still loads of people who took it on themselves to max out combat. Then, when slayer came out, they had to max out combat for a second time, with summoning, a third time- and now if you want to get 120 dungeoneering you'll almost be maxed for 4 times- with not much choice in the matter, the xp just keeps piling up(and should be rewarded somehow).

I read through the entire thread but this is what I most agree with.

I was actually planning to make my own thread about all combats being raised and probably still will because of the poor points brought up by the OP (while this one is also exclusively HP).

In short, the vast majority of players train combat skills disproportionately to other skills; in essence, 6 (or 9, depending how you look at it) skills are vastly more important than the other 15 (if I can count anyway...)...

On the subject of just HP/LP, before I make my own thread about all the combat skills, I believe there should be a small increase in the multiplier during the conversion of HP->LP. I'm not sure what the additional multiplier should be, so please work with me on this instead of blowing it out of proportion as many here tend to do. At the moment it's x10, so perhaps x11 or x12 would be better. x12 would result in 1188LP.

2dgucz6.png

I'm seeing three different forms of argument against raising the cap here. If you have one other than these three that I missed, please point it out.

1) "Only a small percentage will benefit from this and that makes me sadface!" So? Hardly anyone's gonna get 120 dungeoneering, and that's something you have to actively work at to achieve rather than just doing a lot of bossing or slayer with hp exp as a side bonus. Hell, what percentage of people will ever get slayer and runecrafting capes? But those exist. When has a small number of people being able to get something been a valid argument against it? It's called a goal. A common offshoot of that argument is "I'm never going to get 120 constitution so therefore nobody else should either because I'll be jealous," which should be obviously wrong.

2) "It will unbalance combat, look at how hard I don't show examples of this!" Yeah, okay. That 21 extra hp is really going to make everything impossible for lower levels in the future. It's not like everyone without over maxed HP will be able to keep playing like they always have, this will literally destroy everything for low levels who don't want to get 120 hp. Common offshoot is "this will mess up the food market!" No it won't. Protip- people with 99 hp generally don't eat food anyway. We have soul split, unicorns, EEE, bunyips, Guthan's, and overloads/brews. 120 hp would mean NOTHING compared to all those things. Take away all the healing methods I mentioned and give me a 120 hp cap and guess what- I'll probably use food lol.

3) "There are better ways to boost the hp cap like potions and armor!" Yes, and those should happen too. This is one aspect that could take place in addition to all the other ones. It's not like Jagex is going to raise the hp cap and just go "whew, that was tough, time to ignore combat for another 6 months!"

Well, okay, maybe they would, but they shouldn't. My point is that this tweak would not mean the end-all of tweaks to the constitution skill, which makes that a completely invalid argument.

Join "DG Sweepers" Clan Chat for Dungeoneering Floors | Accepting all tipiters who are Willing to Learn |

I don't really support. Yes, it's easy to think they should raise the caps when you have been playing 6 years, and you've accumulated 30+m hp xp, but seriously, even for the above average gamer, 104m HP xp is a bit too much of a grind.

I don't really support. Yes, it's easy to think they should raise the caps when you have been playing 6 years, and you've accumulated 30+m hp xp, but seriously, even for the above average gamer, 104m HP xp is a bit too much of a grind.

So what? Protip: not everyone has to accomplish everything in the entire game.

"Some people are too lazy" is by no stretch of the imagination a valid argument.

i don't see how it would add anything but reduce the chance of getting one hit KO'd

even though i have a ton of hp xp, i don't really see a good reason to add it. i don't support extending hp to 120 because it will set the precedent that old (i.e. non-dungeoneering) skills are OK to extend to 120. which without a damn good reason i vehemently disagree with.

Edited by Gandorf61
removed quote

Sigh. I don't get why people have this "everybody has to be casual" mentality. Absolutely NOBODY will force you to get 120 constitution.

Seriously. How many players have 99 these days? Getting a 99 has become so atrophied since updates will keep piling up more exp and all that crap.

Pvp is now all about "will I hit that first 50-40 special with a dds" and "how fast will I be able to 1 hit KO him with a claw rush before he switches to

prayer"? Ugh. I know for a fact that someday, when 1 million people (yes it will happen) have 99 hp, HOPEFULLY you guys will know how it

feels like to have all that exp stacked up.