120 constitution

Star_Fox

Has anybody taught of the effect that this might would have on mage..? Mage works by its consistent hits and its ability to prevent players from running-with a max of 99hp this works well. However, I believe that 120hp would make mage and quite possibly range as well, underpowered. It might would balance melee out ,a little..but as far as I'm concerned, it would kill mages and rangers.

And really-I don't see any problem excluding d claws. (which should be nerfed) Melee is simply designed to fight via k0 potential, they need their high hits else the fights would go on freaking forever. You people familiar with the old fights should know this. Considering how often their k0 potentials completely fail (hits less then 400), I consider melee to be balanced-and I fight meleers head on in just mystic and splitbark with no farcasting. Since I switch to cm when/if they unequip their armor now..I don't even use sol either nor do I use miasmic so obviously..its not that overpowered with the exception of d claws.

With all of that being said-I can't support.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Since when does getting 100 trim your cape? I still have an umtrimmed Dungeoneering cape, so the same would apply to Constitution in theory.

Although I think Constitution is the most likely candidate for another 120 skill, I still don't think there's any reason to raise the cap yet.

sweepsig.png

Jagex changed hits to constitution so they could add things such as armour which boosts max life points etc. So raising the skill to 120 is not needed.

You say its not needed, but it would be nice.

Stonewall337.png
[hide=Drops]Araxxor Eye x1 Leg pieces x2
GWD: 5000 Addy bar Steam B Staff x3 Z Spear x6 Sara. Hilt x2 Bandos Hilt x2 (LS, Solo)SS x6 (1 LS)
Tormented Demons: Shard x6 Slice x5 Claws x9 Limbs x3
DKS: Archer x21 Warrior x31 Berserker x30 Axe x51[/hide]

Honestly, setting Constitution on 120 would be a good deed, for it beats up the 1-year-old HP 99ers` faces, but it hits the Combat level up, probably to around 144-145 which would be quite a shock over the long 138-system (thought I wouldn`t really mind that). But even IF JaGeX DID change it (which they won`t, according to the Tip.It poll`s results), people would expect that they will also change other Skills because for what reason should other combat skills be kept at the maximum of 99 if Constitution can go higher? And then people will demand an upgrade on Slayer, Prayer, Summoning, as those are combat skills as well or related. And when those are done (Slayer 99-ers grow VE-EE-ERY angry on J.) then Skillers start rebelling and ask for everything to have a maximum level of 120, since they don`t do Combat anyway. And then Chaos starts, because all the "real" RS disappears like Bot-excitement disappeared with the introduction of Anti-Bot Engines...

-To put PvP the way it used to be. Now with godswords, claws, chaotic weapons, dharoks (Just name it!!) It's far too easy

to instantly kill anyone...The high ratio of hits gives us a low chance of survival and having only 99 hp isn't going to

cut it. It used to be substantial 5-6 years ago but no more.

You can already use gear to boost your HP above the cap, so this doesn't matter.

Using Sara brews in PVP is not practical for everyone, most people don't have the herblore level for overloads

-To keep players PLAYING. I admit, Jagex was brilliant for having dungeonerring as a 120 maxed skill. Now it's time to do the

same with constitution. Theres no doubt that anyone will think it's possible. We've already gotten 60 people who's ready to have level

120 constitution should it ever come out...Even though constitution may have been around longer, the motivation

to reach a special goal to have true mastery of the skill will drive more players to get level 120.

Driving people to go for 100m xp is not the kind of gameplay that the game should be supporting, so this is actually a con.

If you are not playing for the competitiveness of the game, sorry to inform you, but you're playing the wrong game.

-This will make solo'ing more possible. We may have players who's already solo'ed the Corporeal Beast. With higher HP, more

players will be able to do the same.

Totally unbalancing all PvM is supposed to be a pro? That's a con if I ever saw one.

This has been happening since the start of RS, boss monsters which when released are hard and rewarding but with the release of newer weapons, armour and supplies, become easy, look what happened to KQ, Giant Mole, Chaos Elemental

IMO higer constitution levels are required or new armour to reduce KO potential, since there are combos which can do over 1k LP in damge

Opeious.pngopei.png

Barrows Drops:....................................................Dragon Drops:...............Other Drops:

Dharok: 2 Helms, 1 Top, 2 Legs, 4 Axes.......................2 Claws Split..................1 Bandos Tassets

Karil: 1 Coif, 1 Top, 2 Skirt, 2 Crossbows......................3 Plate legs...................4 Berserker Rings

Ahrim: 3 Hood, 2 Top, 3 Skirt, 1 Staff..........................2 Plate Skirts.................2 Warrior Rings

Verac: 1 Helm, 3 Tops, 2 Skirts, 1 Flail..........................1 Med........................1 Archer Ring

Guthan: 2 Helm, 5 Tops, 1 Skirt, 0 Spear.....................1 Shield Half.................1 Seers Ring

Torag: 2 Helms, 2 Tops, 5 Legs, 1 Hammer....................4 Hatchets..................1 Missed Divine Sigil (was at bank -,- fml)

Jagex changed hits to constitution so they could add things such as armour which boosts max life points etc. So raising the skill to 120 is not needed.

You say its not needed, but it would be nice.

What would it solve that an extreme constitution pot wouldn't solve? (just asking)

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

We have recognised an imbalance between the potential damage per minute (DPM) and damage capacity (DC) of higher-level players. The rate of damage that you can deal at high levels is far greater than the rate of damage you can withstand, especially when in a multiplayer environment. NPCs and boss monsters can deal with this issue because their life points can reach far beyond 990, but players' life points cannot. Dealing with this imbalance will be done in several ways, with the first of those ways being introduced this month in the form of damage soaking.

In what will be a huge addition to the Defence skill and defensive equipment, we're aiming to add damage soaking stats (currently only applied to the chaotic, eagle-eye and farseer kiteshields) to the majority of head, body, leg and shield slot equipment. Damage soaking will help reduce all incoming damage values over 200 life points, with higher grades of equipment offering a greater percentage of 'soak', and with members' equipment offering the greatest percentage of all.

The problem has been recognised and Jagex are going to try to address it, in a manner potentially much more elegant than increasing max Constitution. Here's hoping it works.

~ W ~

sigzi.png

• 2 weeks later...