Consumerism thread

sees_all1

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

could do parent's vehicle or the make of the bus/train you ride :wink:

99 dungeoneering achieved, thanks to everyone that celebrated with me!

♪♪ Don't interrupt me as I struggle to complete this thought
Have some respect for someone more forgetful than yourself ♪♪

♪♪ And I'm not done
And I won't be till my head falls off ♪♪

05320600.jpg

Sports utility vehicle my friends. :smile:

1) My dad's old car before he got a new one and gave it to me, so it's not entirely mine.

2) Compact enough to get through any parking lot obstacle ever.

3) That is NOT my neighborhood.

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

tyre

Dude!

What country do I have to live in to spell "tire" as "tyre"?

That's awesome!

Almost as cool as Burnt and Armour

anywho...I'm still searching for my car, so I'll have to post about my mom's Toyota Siena Le [minivan]. Not 100% sure of the year model, but it's probably about 10 years old or so now, and other than some transmission issues from time to time, it's a very nice in-town vehicle. Also, I'm not 100% of the price. I imagine because we got it used it was in the 10k-15k range. It was fairly new when we got it. Most of the issues we've had with it were user induced [mostly me and my crazy ass driving haha]

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

^ Any country which uses British English, AKA the better english. In terms of action motor vehicles, this is my car, though I haven't got my learners to drive in it:

8228_4877.JPG

Same model and colour, except mine has a truckload of dings and scratches. You could say it possesses personality.

lampost_sig_stark.png

I drive a 2003 Chevrolet Blazer

3OD.JPG

Only blue. Parking brake doesn't work, gas gauge doesn't work, R and N lights on shifter don't work, driver's side sun-shade mirror cover thingy is broken. Is a nice car, not amazing gas mileage, but I don't pay for gas and I didn't have to pay for the car. We've had it at least 6 years now, I don't think the brake ever worked. The stereo system is nice and has good bass, A/C works well, has a sunroof. Backseat is not something you want to sit in, no legroom.

We also have a 2004 (? maybe 2006) Buick Rondevouz. IT IS THE CAR FROM HELL. So many things have broken on it, it sucks as a car, has no pickup, the only thing good is the leather interior and the fact that you don't die when you sit in the back.

2006 Pontiac Vibe: Awesome car, I personally have issues with the brights (why do you pull it toward you?) and shifting and crud because I don't normally drive this car. Nice pickup, only two-wheel drive though, and decent gas mileage. If I was going to buy a car I'd likely buy one of these.

I really want a VW Jetta though, a manual clean-diesel would be pretty cool.

Peugeot 106 was the last car I owned. Wasn't that bad, got me where I needed to go even though turning it at low speeds felt like trying to turn a cruise ship as it had no power steering.

It isn't in the castle, It isn't in the mist, It's a calling of the waters, As they break to show, The new Black Death, With reactors aglow, Do you think your security, Can keep you in purity, You will not shake us off above or below

Scottish friction

Scottish fiction

My parents' car is a VW Golf, which is the one I drive since I'm a poor student. A good car that I really enjoy driving - feels like a go-cart. My only complaint is that the pedals are very sensitive, so it can be a bit clunky on first gear.

2009rb9.jpg

I've owned just two cars, a 2006 Chevy Cobalt and 2010 Toyota Corolla S. I drove a 1995 Chevy Lumina EuroSport for a year or two, then a 1998 Chevy Cavalier coupe for a few years before getting the Cobalt. Small car wise my current one (Corolla) has been my favourite. It is most likely just because cars improve over time. It gets pretty decent gas mileage (avg about 34mpg). I did buy it new, like I bought my Cobalt, and in the end while I do really enjoy it I don't think it was worth it. Just should have put the $600 into the Cobalt and kept it for a while longer.

q8tsigindy500fan.jpg

indy500fanan9.jpg

I share this car with my sister:

honda%20civic%20red%201993-TOYOTA%20COROLLA%20WHITE-2000%20015.jpg

It's the one I drive most often but since I'm at uni (and not currently allowed to have a car here), I spend most of my time riding in this (to and from uni):

screenshot20101121at103.png

:shades:

Posted Image

- 99 fletching | 99 thieving | 99 construction | 99 herblore | 99 smithing | 99 woodcutting -

- 99 runecrafting - 99 prayer - 125 combat - 95 farming -

- Blog - DeviantART - Book Reviews & Blog

It is an insult to out intelligence to think we'll believe you drive a ferrari :P

New item to talk about?

Changed it to cell/mobile phones. You don't need me to change the item, you can pick one yourself next time. :wink:

I own a samsung alias 2.

http://www.samsung.com/us/mobile/cell-phones/SCH-U750HAAVZW

The whole e-ink thing is pretty cool. It does everything I want it to, haven't tried any of the data plan stuffs. Got it for free when I renewed my contract, pretty spiffy.

4 out of 5 stars.

♪♪ And I'm not done

Skypephone S1

17271_41i6k7xzb6l._ss500_.jpg

Bought it when I wanted to stay in contact all the time with a friend from Ireland. Only cost £30, pretty basic but it's cool. Got it about 2 years back now, considering getting a new phone tbh but I don't want a contract and I love the current provider I have. My 3 sim gets 600 free texts on £10 top up, which means I only have to top up once every 3 months - bloody bargain.

umilambdaberncgsig.jpg

I edit for the [Tip.It Times]. I rarely write in [My Blog]. I am an [Ex-Moderator].

temas-Nokia-5310.jpg

Works like a charm. It's just pitty that phone contracts sucks over here, generally you have to paid a [cabbage] load for a half decent phone and even then they charge you over 20 a month for naff all call time/texts. :(

2d26mw.gif

Why can't the Big Bang be done by the hand of God?

It could have, but it is next to impossible because it also could have been caused by the flying spaghetti monster, or one of the other infinite number of deity possibilities.

blackberry-bold-9700-FILEminimizer.jpg

$450 (I'm not on a contract).

Its a bit of overkill for what I need but I figure I'll put data on it once I start working full time and I'll need it for work emails.

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti

sony-ericsson-t610-mobile-phone.jpg

Sony Ericsson T610

Used 2005 - October 2010

~$100.00 (at the time)

samsunggravity3cellphon.jpg

Samsung Gravity 3

Used October 2010 - Present

$120.00 @ T-mobile store

Both phones worked great. I didn't get texting until earlier this year, so the Sony Ericsson did its calling job quite well. The little joystick eventually started having some troubles and I would have to jam it real hard to the right or left if I wanted my cursor to move, though.

New phone also works great. Sometimes I hit the wrong button on accident and get sent to the internet, and I don't have an internet plan so then it becomes a hassle. Otherwise it's very functional, and texting is very quick and convenient. I'd recommend it to any T-mobile user who looks for just calling and texting.

zBSYE.png

^ Blog.

Zh0c4.gif

It is an insult to out intelligence to think we'll believe you drive a ferrari :P

New item to talk about?

I never said I drive it! I do ride in it though - it's my dad's car ;)

For cell phone I have an iPhone 3G3.

Posted Image

- 99 fletching | 99 thieving | 99 construction | 99 herblore | 99 smithing | 99 woodcutting -

- 99 runecrafting - 99 prayer - 125 combat - 95 farming -

- Blog - DeviantART - Book Reviews & Blog

Motorolla droid here. Really like it, use it mostly for the web. (Posting from it right now).

Def my favorite smartphone on the market.

:thumbsup:

Once you get a smartphone you can't go back. Love this thing (yeah, typing this post from it) God how I wish I had this in high school.

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

New item to talk about?

I never said I drive it! I do ride in it though - it's my dad's car ;)

For cell phone I have an iPhone 3G3.

Dear GOD, that car is nice. Plus, I never doubted you would drive such a thing upon seeing that pic, so I scorn Felix for making such a statement. -.-

zBSYE.png

^ Blog.

Zh0c4.gif

LG Chocolate, it was free with the Verizon plan I had. I think I'm due for a new (free) phone.

[hide]chocolate.jpg[/hide]

I don't like it much. It's old, fits well, but the slide and the front buttons can get annoying, and the buttons on the inside are too small to make texting anything close to pleasant. It's not an awful phone, but I'll be glad to move on.

I have a classic flip phone thats going on three years old now. Samsumg verizon. Nothing special. But its sturdy as hell. 3 years after purchase, and it still works perfectly fine. Minus the camera. That's been shoddy for ages. I can't even find a picture of it on google because no one cares about basic phones that don't need a data plan.

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

I have a classic flip phone thats going on three years old now. Samsumg verizon. Nothing special. But its sturdy as hell. 3 years after purchase, and it still works perfectly fine. Minus the camera. That's been shoddy for ages. I can't even find a picture of it on google because no one cares about basic phones that don't need a data plan.

lol. Gotta love a freebie.

♪♪ And I'm not done