Exclusive Content

stonewall337

Once again, can someone please give me a good reason why there should not be content for players of all level ranges?

Because you have to give them a reason gto level up beyond a certain point. Once it becomes more of a grind, then their needs to be goals and objective rewards that you can look forward too.

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Once again, can someone please give me a good reason why there should not be content for players of all level ranges?

Because you have to give them a reason gto level up beyond a certain point. Once it becomes more of a grind, then their needs to be goals and objective rewards that you can look forward too.

Then again, everyone can't have everything. It'd be stupid to expect to win the nobel prize in physics and the super bowl MVP. It's just not realistic. Specialization within the game would actually be a great thing(and it already is).

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

Then again, everyone can't have everything. It'd be stupid to expect to win the nobel prize in physics and the super bowl MVP. It's just not realistic. Specialization within the game would actually be a great thing(and it already is).

i completely agree, though historically Jagex has never done that. Either way, they need more end game stuff for people to shoot for. It may be only for a small minority now, but if it were there, people might try to get higher.

And if you don't like it people, go play Farmville.

the have nots want what the haves have. also, they lazy.

What in the hell does that mean?

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.
[spoiler=The rest of my sig. You know you wanna see it.]

my difinition of noob is i dont like u, either u are better then me or u are worst them me

Buying spins make you a bad person...don't do it. It's like buying nukes for North Korea.

Well if it bothers you that the game is more fun now, then you can go cry in a corner. :shame:

your article was the equivalent of a circumcized porcupine

The only thing wrong with it is the lack of a percentage for when you need to stroke it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png
Poignant Purple to Lokie's Ravishing Red and Alg's Brilliant Blue.

It means that the people that don't have access to whatever content don't want to work for it like the ones that do have access to it.

Silverfox30.png

If you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.
^^^At least I'm not the only crazy one

I think they should do away with combat levels and just put your total level over your head. Then its all based on total level and not just combat level. Sure alot of the levels would be usless, but it would provide a way to make ALL skills benifit combat and not just the classic skills.

This game does seem to revolve around combat.

Jagax is kind of painted into a corner for future development. They can resonably expect people to level a skill to 90, but the time it takes to raise a skill from 90-95 is almost to much for a sweeping majority of the player-base. The only solution i can think of is to make the max level for all skills 120 but make the total exp required to get to 120 only 20m. That way they can spread out high level content and have more wiggle room where high level actually is.

As i stated before they can reasonably expect someone to level a skill to 90, accumulating that much exp in a skill is doable by anyone. A good direction to take the game would be to add skill synergy's, say if you have smithing 90, crafting 90 and strength 90 you could unlock a teir of smithing items. People could invest the time it takes to get 90 in 3 skills, and the reward content could be created interdependently of any skill update.

they could add one more farming patch that can only be accessed via a 95 agility shortcut. Nothing game braking.

As for future content? They can designe content for lower level players but as skilling gets easier that content becomes obsolete fast. The entire player-base is shifting towards higher and higher levels every day. They have to keep moving the middle to the right, meaning that every update thats considered mid level will have to increasingly get further into hight level as time goes on.

It just seems its not happening fast enough for some of us.

Fools_Taco.png

Or give the option to show either combat, or levels above head.

Stonewall337.png
[hide=Drops]Araxxor Eye x1 Leg pieces x2
GWD: 5000 Addy bar Steam B Staff x3 Z Spear x6 Sara. Hilt x2 Bandos Hilt x2 (LS, Solo)SS x6 (1 LS)
Tormented Demons: Shard x6 Slice x5 Claws x9 Limbs x3
DKS: Archer x21 Warrior x31 Berserker x30 Axe x51[/hide]

Or give the option to show either combat, or levels above head.

Or give the option to show either combat, levels or nothing above head.

PvP is not for me

In the 3rd Year of the Boycott
Real-world money saved since FT/W: Hundreds of Dollars
Real-world time saved since FT/W: Thousands of Hours

It means that the people that don't have access to whatever content don't want to work for it like the ones that do have access to it.

Theres such a thing as too much grind, and when there is too much grind between content, then it becomes detrimental to gameplay.

Jagex gave themselves quite a job when they made each skill go up to 99 (with most skills taking anywhere from 100-260+ hours to get to that level), and now have to fill it in so that the people don't complain... More specifically the high levels who went straight for the 260 hours of grind and are now complaining about not being rewarded for it.

O.O

Theres such a thing as too much grind, and when there is too much grind between content, then it becomes detrimental to gameplay.

Jagex gave themselves quite a job when they made each skill go up to 99 (with most skills taking anywhere from 100-260+ hours to get to that level), and now have to fill it in so that the people don't complain... More specifically the high levels who went straight for the 260 hours of grind and are now complaining about not being rewarded for it.

But who is to draw the line of demarcation between too much and too little. After all, this is a game, which no one makes you play. If you don't want to train, no one is MAKING you train. That's my point. Some people enjoy what you call "grinding" (minergoo is at 122m wcing xp, for instance)

Stonewall337.png
GWD: 5000 Addy bar Steam B Staff x3 Z Spear x6 Sara. Hilt x2 Bandos Hilt x2 (LS, Solo)SS x6 (1 LS)

If you enjoy grinding so much, it shouldn't matter to you weather or not theres grind exclusive content.

If you read the original post two things would have been apparent:

1.) Not all what you call "grinding" is grinding to everyone

2.) A fitting reward makes training more enjoyable, at least in my case. When I was going for 83 slayer, the thought of d boots kept me motivated, and made training LESS of a grind, and more fun. Part of what makes DG fun, even after 99, is the thought of that hawt 120 cape, my 4th bind, and primal 2h at 113.

See what I mean?

I play RS to set, and achieve goals. "Where there is no vision, the people perish" is my RS motto. When I have a goal(s) I "work" quite hard on them. When I have no goal, RS gets boring to me VERY quick. But I need a reason to train skills, earn cash, etc.

Stonewall337.png

2.) A fitting reward makes training more enjoyable, at least in my case. When I was going for 83 slayer, the thought of d boots kept me motivated, and made training LESS of a grind, and more fun. Part of what makes DG fun, even after 99, is the thought of that hawt 120 cape, my 4th bind, and primal 2h at 113.

They should fill up the bottom before they go to the top.

If someone is, for example, at 80 hunter. And the next reward is at 90 (over 20+ hours of grinding away, btw), it really is not enjoyable for everyone involved.

O.O

If someone is, for example, at 80 hunter. And the next reward is at 90 (over 20+ hours of grinding away, btw), it really is not enjoyable for everyone involved.

Then don't get it. Some people are not as stunningly impatient as you.

Join "DG Sweepers" Clan Chat for Dungeoneering Floors | Accepting all tipiters who are Willing to Learn |

Jelly.pngOccultEpicKeyer21.pngBladewing.png

Then don't get it. Some people are not as stunningly impatient as you.

I'd like to direct you to this post....

I play RS to set, and achieve goals. "Where there is no vision, the people perish" is my RS motto. When I have a goal(s) I "work" quite hard on them. When I have no goal, RS gets boring to me VERY quick. But I need a reason to train skills, earn cash, etc.

80-90 is a bit of a stretch, to go all at once without much in between. At least with combat, you level slayer a long with it.

I think one of the reasons I was able to get 99 magic is I was constantly going for some new spell or other. 80 for charge, so I could hit 30 with mage and snare people. 82 for Ice Blitz, because Claw + entangle sucked in FoG. 85 magic for teleblock. 87 magic so I could enchant onyx, to train better with lol. 94, Ice Barrage. 95, Fire Surge. 96, Spell swap, 97, all spells unlocked, not that I've ever casted a miasmic spell. (This isn't a comprehensive list.)

A few of those levels...well, spells I didn't use as much. But my point is.... I had a goal of 99 magic for ages, but the way I got there was through little goals and achievements on the way. Not this big gap from 80 to 90.

I'd say the best skill would be one that had new, useful content every other level. All the way up to 99. This is why I think some of the bests skills are magic, DG, summon, construction. (I like house building...)

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.
[spoiler=The rest of my sig. You know you wanna see it.]

my difinition of noob is i dont like u, either u are better then me or u are worst them me

Buying spins make you a bad person...don't do it. It's like buying nukes for North Korea.

Well if it bothers you that the game is more fun now, then you can go cry in a corner. :shame:

your article was the equivalent of a circumcized porcupine

The only thing wrong with it is the lack of a percentage for when you need to stroke it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png
Poignant Purple to Lokie's Ravishing Red and Alg's Brilliant Blue.