RPG game similar to Call of Duty/Battlefield?

Dire_Wolf

Is there any games on console or PC that is similar to gaming of Call of duty or Battlefield, but that it's a RPG game instead?

By RPG i mean:

You get choice of arrows/knifes/and other missile weapons for Archer role

You get Swords/and other wepaons for Warrior

And spells for Wizard

So is there a game similar to this? And are you hoping for such a game to come out with RPG style? A game that is so fun to play that you would say "X Game is Roleplaying games' call of duty".

Oblivion

Novite_Mike.png

The corp beast, is, well, just a corp beast. He doesnt even have any friends.

[spoiler=Other Quotes]tbh idk why this makes me laugh so hard

All DFS threads turn into efficiency flame wars >.>

>OP asks "why use DFS?"

>everyone says "there is no reason"

>someone says "stop bashing people who use DFS, efficiency troll ass clown"

>thread is now a flame fest

Oblivion isn't an online game, it's a 1st (or 3rd) person single player RPG. FPS stands for First Person Shooter and is what CoD is.

Assuming you're looking for a first person RPG then really the Elder Scrolls series is the best choice. Morrowind and Oblivion are both very good games.

So, instead of shooting AK-47s you shoot Chinese repeating crossbows.

Instead of assassinating people with tiny knives you chop their head off, in first person view.

If the game graphics, story, and mechanics were good hell yeah I would buy one of that.

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

So, instead of shooting AK-47s you shoot Chinese repeating crossbows.

Instead of assassinating people with tiny knives you chop their head off, in first person view.

If the game graphics, story, and mechanics were good hell yeah I would buy one of that.

Well how things work is the problem. But if the mechanics are good, then it would be a hell of a game.

You could try Age of Chivalry.

It's a Source mod that's kinda like you described. A medieval war kinda thing with two sides fighting, different game modes, classes, etc. It was free too, last time I checked. I don't remember much of it, but I thought it was pretty cool when I played it.

The only problem is I'm not sure how many people play it, if any, but it's worth a shot, I guess.

FBqTDdL.jpg

sleep like dead men

wake up like dead men

You could try Age of Chivalry.

Oh yeah, dur. Can't believe I forgot that. Also Pirates, Knights, and Vikings (free on Steam).

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

Mass Effect (1 atleast) has pretty awful combat, though. And I think that's what he's looking for. And first-person probably.

You can use first person in Mass Effect 1 & 2. And Mass Effect 2's combat system was a much needed tweak, I will give you that.

Also, Borderlands is something I forgot, but has RPG elements/FPS styled as well.

hzvjpwS.gif

Obligatory Mass Effect plug.

You even have a class system, with an

All out combat class (Soldier)

Squishy wizard (Adept)

Support (Engineer)

Close-range (Vanguard)

Sniper (Infiltrator)

And red-mage/jack of all trades (Sentinel)

Of course, it isn't multiplayer, so if that's what you're looking for...

As already posted, some of the modern shooters do possess RPG-like elements, but only by a hair and none have multi. If you're looking for some sort of FPS Final Fantasy, none exist that I know of so far. I think it would be an interesting concept if executed with a great amount of care.