Getting a Hexhunter Bow

Lamm

Recently got 99 slayer so Soulgazers should appear for me. What would be the best way for getting one. I heard the occult floors are the best floors to find them, but I don't have access to them yet.

Should I solo or find teams to get one?

If I do go in teams, at the least, what slayer level should they have to increase the chances of seeing a Soulgazer?

Thanks in advance.

Lamm.png

Recently got 99 slayer so Soulgazers should appear for me. What would be the best way for getting one. I heard the occult floors are the best floors to find them, but I don't have access to them yet.

Should I solo or find teams to get one?

If I do go in teams, at the least, what slayer level should they have to increase the chances of seeing a Soulgazer?

Thanks in advance.

Just do larges, and don't worry about it too much.

Solo's definitely aren't the way to go. It'll take too long.

You might as well get a high DG level while you're at it.

Just be prepared to break well over 100 DG before getting a hexhunter.

They say the drop rate is 1/16 soulgazers.

Naaxi.png

You know, if possible, you (or someone else) should try to start a hexhunting clan - main requirement being 99 slayer, secondary would be semi-high dunge. Just a thought o.O

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.
[spoiler=The rest of my sig. You know you wanna see it.]

my difinition of noob is i dont like u, either u are better then me or u are worst them me

Buying spins make you a bad person...don't do it. It's like buying nukes for North Korea.

Well if it bothers you that the game is more fun now, then you can go cry in a corner. :shame:

your article was the equivalent of a circumcized porcupine

The only thing wrong with it is the lack of a percentage for when you need to stroke it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png
Poignant Purple to Lokie's Ravishing Red and Alg's Brilliant Blue.

You'd want atleast 90+ slayer team for a decent amount of Soulgazers (1/4 dungs maybe?). Honestly it's not worth stressing over, if you get it cool, if not no big deal. I'd go Hood+Prim Baxe/2h+Primal Platebody bind set with 125 laws bound.

#Solace | Solace Senior Member |

Solace Forums | Solace Memberlist

ankitm.jpg

I'm making a killing here, I think I should be on top of the world just chilling here.

ugh i keep seeing soulgazers...may accually bind a hex since 3.36m til 120 but never got a bow for myself...only one time a teamate got it..

By logic and following this post, don't ever do anything extraordinary to get a HHB- the chances are relatively high that you might not even get one getting 120/200m dungeoneering, so just stop worrying about the drop.(also, about the HHB clan thing, i'm fairly sure you'd have better luck getting it when you are the only 99 slayer as opposed to 5 99 slayers craving for one, the only-99 teams would only work if not everyone had to have HHB)

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

• 3 months later...

39,822,972 dungeoneering experience on me.

I bound blood necklace at 33m xp after killing maybe 30 edimmu. I bound hexhunter at 34m dng xp after killing 5 soulgazers.

I strongly feel that the only thing you can do to improve your odds is to make sure that you kill all slayer monsters. They share a rare item drop wheel and they are placed by percent to each floor and as such... they're linked. So even if you're rushing with one of those clans on an unofficial theme world like 53 or 148... go into dead end rooms to kill the jellies, pyrefiends, slimes, spiritual guardians, seekers, etc. In a manner of speaking... every time you kill a pyrefiend and it doesn't drop a flameburst defender your odds to get a hexhunter improve. Don't be sad if a flameburst defender does drop - it means the wheel is spinning. Keep going.

00_hex_600.jpg

Now... all that said... if you get a hexhunter bound then STOP dungeoneering until further notice. There is a standing bug where if a world server crashes WHILE you are dungeoneering: your bind items will be gone when you log back in after a world reboot. Its not safe to dungeoneer until they announce they have fixed this bug. Losing a hexhunter is like... being expelled from a prestigious university. There is too much shame to swallow and most people will not understand your petitions for repair.

Yes. I lost a hexhunter to this bug. Thats why I joined this forum. I need some emotional support or I will leave Texas and take a world burning wrath to Cambridge.

I strongly feel that the only thing you can do to improve your odds is to make sure that you kill all slayer monsters. They share a rare item drop wheel and they are placed by percent to each floor and as such... they're linked. So even if you're rushing with one of those clans on an unofficial theme world like 53 or 148... go into dead end rooms to kill the jellies, pyrefiends, slimes, spiritual guardians, seekers, etc. In a manner of speaking... every time you kill a pyrefiend and it doesn't drop a flameburst defender your odds to get a hexhunter improve. Don't be sad if a flameburst defender does drop - it means the wheel is spinning. Keep going.

This sounds like garbage to me, similar to the whole "omg drop reset" when a boss drops a gem and everyone wants to hop worlds. When you kill a monster, it rolls a die to determine the drop. Simple as that. Rolling more die before the soulgazer is not going to change where the soulgazer's die lands.

I'm sorry your lost your hhb though, that's horrible :(

Join "DG Sweepers" Clan Chat for Dungeoneering Floors | Accepting all tipiters who are Willing to Learn |

Jelly.pngOccultEpicKeyer21.pngBladewing.png

erm... idk gem drop you speak of exactly, but...

I have solo'ed Kree'arra and logged his drops for about 1200 kills. I stayed to kill him 3,000 more times too, but I stopped logging the drops because the pattern stayed true.

http://www.dogheaddevilbarking.com/arm_drop.txt

so yeah that drop of the uncut sapphire falls right on that rigged 40 kree kill mark.

it didnt matter if I stopped to do slayer tasks, killed 40 aviansie or 60, did bork or not.

none of that. the wheel for kree was separate from the wheel for everything else.

a dungeon could have nothing but slayer monsters: doesn't.

a dungeon could never have any slayer monsters: doesn't.

dungeons always have a set % of slayer monsters present: true.

problem is that high level rushers dont want grounding boots from jellies and act like jellies arent slayer monsters.

a lot of these same high level rushers dont have hexhunters.

so Im not saying I can prove I am right or that it would work like... you hear the drop rate for dragon full helm is 1 in 45,000 then go

kill 45k mith and start whining about the drop rate being wrong - its a matter of improbability. it becomes statistically more improbable

that you'd not get a dragon full helm with every mithril dragon you kill.

so Im saying that a drop rate for hexhunter is not wholly dependant on the number of soulgazer kills. in a weird/broad sense Im right anyway

because you have to kill guardians of guardian doors and bosses to leave each floor... and you cant see soulgazers til floor 12. I think.

I know you can see nechs on floor 12 anyway. The lowest floor I ever saw a soulgazer (and I only saw 5 ever) was floor 47.

The shallowest floor I ever saw an edimmu was floor 30.

...and it won't hurt your level mod bonus % to take some challenging slayer kills out of dead end rooms either.

p.s. it sounds like yer ok with me saying wheel. cool. a lot of people challenge me on that and my source is that

one letters to guthix where somebody asks about ring of wealth helping and guthix answers that there are two

roulette wheels where 1 spot on the first wheel will take you to the second, that the second wheel has many

blank slots, and that the ring of wealth removes most of the blank slots from your rare wheel spin when you actually get a rare wheel spin.

Okay, no. You're saying that if you kill more things before the soul gazer that will affect your likelyhood of getting the drop from the soulgazer.

That's the same as saying that if I'm trying to flip a coin and make it come up heads, I should flip a bunch of coins beforehand to get all the tails out of the way. Doesn't work that way. No amount of coin tosses with any set of outcomes will change the odds of a future coin toss- even if I just got 50 tails in a row, it's still 50/50. Same deal with monster drops.

Join "DG Sweepers" Clan Chat for Dungeoneering Floors | Accepting all tipiters who are Willing to Learn |

Jelly.pngOccultEpicKeyer21.pngBladewing.png

well yeah in the normal world.

dungeoneering is different in that... and I dont know if you've done a bunch of "99 slayer only" 5 man dungeons or not, but say 10 of 100 monsters in rooms of dungeons are always slayer monsters... then when you do a 99 slay only you'll find that those 10 slayer monsters aren't so much jellies, but more spiritual guardians. its obivous and demonstrable by quantative analysis to say there are a fixed percent slay monster, and then imprecise qualitative analysis leads me to believe these 10% slayer monster are linked because they seem to upgrade a little for higher slayer leveled dungeoneers all at once.

I won't extrapolate from 5 soulgazer kills I did that I can prove I was doing something better to generate soulgazers to kill than somebody who rushed and only cleared gds, but... it sure felt that way. I killed a whole bunch of extra jellies, slimes, pyrefiends, etc and it really felt like I wound up with neat slayer things a lot sooner than other rusher elitist types.

oh right and... I logged back in to publicly speculate about this...

I have seen a bunch of folks sip an overload before they go into a dungeon.

I never tried eating a wild pie to boost to level 104 slayer before starting.

I can't help but wonder if it wouldnt help goose the selection of slayer monsters up a little bit if

five level 99 slayers ate some wild pie before they started a dungeon. I hypothesize that it wouldn't

fill your dungeons with edimmu, but... that 99 slay x5 would generate 30 edimmu in 100 dungeons and

that 104 slay x5 would generate 35 edimmu in 100 dungeons. something subtle like that if it worked at all.

It's true that having a higher average slayer level creates a better chance for higher level slayer monsters (five 99 slayers are more likely to generate soulgazers than one 99 slayer), but I can guarantee you that Jagex would not have changed the way the drops work just for dungeoneering. It's way easier for them to just do the 1/# chance like it's always been.

Sorry about your HHB. :/ I have three friends who lost them. I got mine the night before it happened, and I wasn't on 53, so I didn't lose it.

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

• 5 months later...

Is the drop methods of monsters actually known to an exact science? Or even like a solid estimate? Do we know that like bosses are the same as generic monstes? I'm just curious. And in real life, (not saying RS probability is real life), humans tend to think that one event like a coinflip affects the next one. Examples could be if i just flipped 5 heads in a row, human nature tells us that its really unlikely that I will flip another heads, (our nature should be telling us that the probability of getting 6 heads in a row is extremely unlikely) but in reality it is obvious that the next coinflip is independent from that last 5.

Now, if we do know that dungeoneering drops are simply a dice roll whenever a monster is killed, then this discussion is over and drops are simply random. If, lets say that killing other monsters affects the probability, and if when the monster killed drops its special item a counter that increases probability of good drops when it increases is reset, then the kills are not independent. This seems kind of hard to test, because dungeoneering takes so damn long. its hard to kill thousands of soulgazers when they appear rarely in 5:5 dungeons with high lvl slayer players, and each dungeon takes between an hour and 2 hours. I often wonder why jagex doesnt release some of this information, I guess that they are trying to keep the game fair without enabling players to find loopholes in their drop tables (if there is some dependence on previous drops/monster kills).

We need to know/find out what the real system is for Dungeoneering to decide the best way to get desired drops, and dungeoneering is the most difficult skill to make a log of. The only way I could see is if you formed a clan of a few hundred people that made it their goal to log every kill of slayer monsters and the drops. doubt anyone could get that organized very well though, this game is too full of 12 year olds.

A Hexhunter is definitely not something you'd attempt to "harvest," if you will. It's probably the rarest item in the game. Just keep dungeoneering until you get one.

I heard Primal Full Helm was rarer

Follow my road to 5.6/Gold Reaper/True Trim - DAT BLOG

I've heard some stuff like

The number of 99 slayers on your team doesn't affect the probability of seeing a soulgazer. 1 is the same as 5.

Even if no one on your team is 99 slayer (including yourself in a solo), it's still possible to see a soulgazer on a path not critical to completing the dungeon. Even if no one can pot for it it's still possible for one to appear.

It's possible to get a soulgazer in solo, 99 slayer or not.

I don't know how much of it is true, but I've heard that multiple places.

Come support my max total goal here.

Briobe122's 10-step guide to staking:

1. Get cleaned

2. Vow to never stake ever again! (very important)

3. welfare tds and get claws

4. kill glacors til i get boots

5. bandos ffa or more tds til i have around 50m

6. realize that it is far too hard to rebuild using steps 3, 4, and 5

7. give up the vow to never stake again

8. go back staking and make your bank back

9. if you failed at step #8, Go back to step #1

10. if you succeed at step #8, you will eventually feel the need to make money for rich people stuff, have a bad day of staking, then get cleaned anyways

Pain is just weakness leaving the body.

The number of 99 slayers on your team doesn't affect the probability of seeing a soulgazer. 1 is the same as 5.

I doubt this. On main path rooms, skill requirements are based on a roll among party members. This is why some doors can be done by all players, while they can all be done by at least one. This can go lower but will not go higher, and the level requirement will usually be close to, if not at, the required roll. In the (uncommon) event of a slayer monster roll on the main path, 5 99 slayers will give a roll near 99 slayer, whereas in a team of only one 99 slayer, 1/5 of the rolls will result in a near 99 slayer requirement.

From here, slayer seems to be unique in that any slayer monster up to the slayer level of the roll can spawn, so even if the roll is for 99 slayer (not all will be, think of how uncommon a 99 main-path skill door is), it is still more likely that a lesser slayer monster will spawn.

lalalasig2.png

This is why some doors can be done by all players, while they can all be done by at least one.

I see what you're saying about the appearances of slayer monsters, but I had to isolate this sentence to ask a question. Are you talking about all doors can always be done by someone on the team, or just on the main path to the boss?

1. Get cleaned

10. if you succeed at step #8, you will eventually feel the need to make money for rich people stuff, have a bad day of staking, then get cleaned anyways

Every door on the critical path (the most direct path to the boss) can be opened without a potion. If you find a door that you need a potion to get through, you know it's not the critical path (read: it's opens up into bonus rooms).

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

Is it possible for a key door to require a key that's on a bonus path?

1. Get cleaned

Bonus paths can't be requirements to get to the boss, so critical path keys are never behind bonus doors.

A Hexhunter is definitely not something you'd attempt to "harvest," if you will. It's probably the rarest item in the game. Just keep dungeoneering until you get one.

I heard Primal Full Helm was rarer

Unlike soulgazers, you can specifically camp the skeletal horde. It's just that lots of people do (high) warped 5:5 and very nearly nobody does abd1 as anything other than c1/c2.

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted