Would bringing back free trade be viable today?

Clifford- abyss pking was a legit way of pking that was introduced on purpose. There is nothing bad about that. Bring back RWTing? nice one :smile: luring? not unless the old wildy is introduced, and we still have a 'wall' for those of you with a double digit IQ. Scamming? Aren't there enough red-flashy messages to notice if you really care about your valuables? Also, i think the removal of gravestones would greatly enhance MHing from what it is now(you used to actually think about risk in the old days). baby-scape is what you need, really.

lol. How is abyss pking a "legit" way to pk? I think most pkers will agree that it is more acceptable to pk players with the same respects as you.

And will you go so far as to annoy the [cabbage] out of RC'ers just to have a chance at getting ONE glory amulet? Honestly. It's like a lion trying to fight a

freakin' rabbit. Also, I meant to say it will bring MORE rwt. I am completely aware that RWT still exists today. If you take a look at

video, you will notice that scamming is still easily performed so this may discourage newer players from trading.

Jagex never really tolerated any of this nonsense and I am glad that because Jagex had to remove all this for their sake, I am going to support

their decision and hope for the best that free trade never comes back. :)

I understand that removing some risk may anger players like you, but understand that there are players who are new and aren't

exactly as smart as more experienced players in the game. If the game is too hard, then players will quit and this creates a dimension that

shuns away newer players which decreases the game's population. I played Warcraft 3 since it's release date (early 2002) and what I noticed

is that all the newer players gave up because the game discouraged them from playing since battle.net matched new players with

experienced players giving no chance for the new players to grow. If you take a look at battle.net for Warcraft 3, you will see that

nobody plays because the experienced players also quit due to the lack of players in the game...

I'm not saying that I'm right. Everything I said is just basically what I think about why Jagex had to remove free trade and modify the game

to make it easier. And they clearly said that one reason is because they want to stop players from quitting in the long run.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Why not increase trade limit again with requirements, Example:

ALL OF THIS IS THE REQUIREMENT FOR NEXT TRADE INCREASE

2200 Total level

330 Quest point

2 Elite Diaries done

Killed all of the bosses in Runescape more than 20 times solo except Corporeal (gotta kill him 20 times in team)

RESULT:

3x more Trade limit cap.

TRADE LIMIT then:

720K every 15mins

Sounds reasonable way to increase trade limit. What ya think?

unless the trade limit widens to over 100m, the main problem with today's system (phats, divines, junk) will not be solved.

so no

720K every 15min of value is better than 240K or less. Asking for 100M trade limit is like saying YES to old way.

2200 Total level

330 Quest point

2 Elite Diaries done

Killed all of the bosses in Runescape more than 20 times solo except Corporeal (gotta kill him 20 times in team)

RESULT:

3x more Trade limit cap.

TRADE LIMIT then:

720K every 15mins

Do you even understand what free trade is? Trade limit has nothing to do with it and having it capped wouldn't change anything. And well, what was bad about the old way? too many botters? :rolleyes:

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

2200 Total level

330 Quest point

2 Elite Diaries done

RESULT:

3x more Trade limit cap.

TRADE LIMIT then:

720K every 15mins

Do you even understand what free trade is? Trade limit has nothing to do with it and having it capped wouldn't change anything. And well, what was bad about the old way? too many botters? :rolleyes:

Yes, i know what free trade is, i just didn't read title well enough.

I just want the removal of junk trading. That's all.

It would need a viable alternative, like the GE actually being able to update.

Otherwise the market will just stagnate and die.

Also, junk trading isn't a problem, it's a cause(and it's not as though people would sell their partyhats in the ge if it was removed, removal of junk trading would raise the price of rares even further).

Perhaps make artificial character as good as a Pker?

DEM REVS

Rofl.

Anyone who pks often will know that pk'ing today is far greater money than the old wild.

Not BH however, as with penalties and such that was probably the most profitable era of PvP.

Today you drop a rune set, or even a no itemer with just 76K cash in his inventory and you receive millions.

Old wild, you receive exactly what they lost.

People complain because they don't get exactly what they want, although the random statuettes compensate for it.(As you said)

I don't mind RS the way it is, as Auror said it really isn't broken.

People are quite hooked on getting every last thing their opponent has that they become delusional of the money they're actually making.

I would of argued for free trade back if Jagex had not released statuettes. PvP before statuettes was quite horrible loot wise.

Although I don't agree with removing the trade limit because it will cause more problems than it will solve, I would be more open to a change in the pking system (although I dont see a real solution). I disagree with your ideas on pvp loots.

In only wild, you were rewarded for being a good pker. I.E., if you risked the same as your opponent (which was often the case), then you made profit only if you had a KDR (for those of you who dont play COD/FPS's, kill to death ratio) above 1. Risking more than your opponent would require a better KDR to make profit, but also made it easier to get kills.

In the new system it is the opposite; it hinders good pkers. I.E. you start at 100EP and go pking in edgeville. You and your opponents both risk about 500k. You kill 5 people and your EP drops to below 10%. Lets say you got an average of 700k per kill, 200k more than your opponents risk, good deal. However you are now at 10EP, and, combined with the lack of death potential (because you never died, which is the point of pking), you start getting worse and worse loot until you are getting less than 50k a kill at 0EP. This is agrivating to many pkers (including myself). The obvious solution to this is to keep your EP high when you pk. However, when people go pking, they don't want to sit around for 4 hours getting EP (seems like a chore to me), they want to pk. Oh, and did I mention that I can't do a 1+ round dm with a friend because after the first round, we will get junk loot for the rest?

The other flaw with the EP system, is that it removes the consistancy behind drops, and replaces it with random drops. Like you said, you can get a VLS from somebody risking 76k, however this is very vare, and you can just as easily get 200k, or even no drop at all if you killed that person already. One final observation: the lower your combat level, the worse the loot. It makes sence except in the case of pures/range tanks. They risk much more than the average noob low level, but get junk loot (which usually doesn't pay for the gear they are wearing)

Overall the new system is great for casual high level pkers, which a majority of pkers are nowadays, but for hardcore pkers and pures/range tanks, the system has many flaws.

/rant

Soldin_911.png

For what the goal is with the game? No. This is supposed to be entertainment and fun so there needs to be restrictions against those who ruin fun.

I personally welcome free trade with open arms, only if they (Jagex) could get their house in order and fix the botting problem. I don't see why we still couldn't have a GE; if left to the players and if Runescape had a free market system then the idea of a GE (without trade restrictions) would have been thought of a long time ago. This is a game though, crafted by Jagex, and because of patents/copyright laws it cannot be optimized by the individual in the marketplace.

And yes, I was there for free trade, been playing for roughly 7 years, but I quit last year :P

I guess there could always be a "reccomended value" of said item, instead of the value being set in stone.

Examply would be like, you trade a needle, the RECCOMENDED VALUE would display at the bottom as say, 1 gp, but you could freely trade how ever much you wanted to for said item.

That way people can still avoid getting scammed by knowing item values (which could still be updated by the ge ?) , but can freely trade however much they want for said item.

However, this still brings all the blah blah bots / rwt / monkeys running around with lazers because their bananas are too small.

Main Account - Max cape achieved 10th September 2011
Noob Account - 2300 total and climbing 

6CCmn.jpg

Funny how many people don't realize all the problems they think free trade will bring are already here. There really isn't much reason not to bring it back - it'd solve a lot of economic issues, and bring a good amount of old players back into the game. Too bad it'll never happen, would be nice.

R.I.P Shiva and The Old Nite

Visit My Huge Goals!!! <---- Click This

My Pk Gallery

supdefnubew6.png

GWD: 3x Saradomin Sword, 2x Saradomin Hilt, 2X B Boots, 1x Tasset, 2X B Plate, 2X Shard, 1X D Med

TDs: 3x Solo Claws, 1x Solo Armour Piece

99 Untrimmed HP, 0% Pc'd and before Soul Wars -- Trimmed July 1, 2009

First Untrimmed HP Cape to 96 summon, top 300 to 96 summon

Proud owner of the strength, magic, range, and hitpoints capes.

Spa_Ins/LOLCANADA on IRC.

720k per 15 min can still be deadly.. but with the bots still lurking around these days then no point... If players didn't trade with rwters, and be careful in trade (using the value bar), then they could bring back free trade. Realistically, it's not the case. Trade limit has to stay. Nothing much to do with pkers but with all players instead.

Yeah, like that zaryte bow

wait

recharge costs = ammo.

So, all melee weapons are overpowered, at least.

this combat triangle finally makes sense...

its apparent from this thread that people want runescape to be the most dull, boring, uninteresting, retard-friendly game possible. I can't believe someone actually said abyss PKing was something they were glad to see go. You're so afraid of luring and scamming, well congrats, you guys got Jagex to make runescape into Hello Kitty 2.0. This is why runescape is a complete joke to pretty much the entire online gaming community.

As has been stated many times I'm sure, all the problems the trade limit was intended to solve still exist, except now they're even worse because they appear to be balanced trades. Plus now the economy is a complete mess and I have to say Jagex wants it that way because they could easily fix it by making GE prices update at a reasonable rate.

satan_panda.png

its apparent from this thread that people want runescape to be the most dull, boring, uninteresting, retard-friendly game possible. I can't believe someone actually said abyss PKing was something they were glad to see go. You're so afraid of luring and scamming, well congrats, you guys got Jagex to make runescape into Hello Kitty 2.0. This is why runescape is a complete joke to pretty much the entire online gaming community.

As has been stated many times I'm sure, all the problems the trade limit was intended to solve still exist, except now they're even worse because they appear to be balanced trades. Plus now the economy is a complete mess and I have to say Jagex wants it that way because they could easily fix it by making GE prices update at a reasonable rate.

Abyss PKing was considered a nuisance to the majority so if you were to argue on bringing it back, I guarantee you that NO ONE besides would-be pkers will support

your endeavor. NOBODY appreciates the frustration of losing their glories and all of their pouches to petty PKers and it serves NO significance whatsoever.

Most abyssal pking vids are known to hide comments because so many players feel angry to the pker for making their hard enough skill, harder.

I hope you understand my point because since some players like you have this "risk mentality" I like to call it...Why don't you go about your business and find something else

to do besides complain to Jagex for making the game already "enjoyable to the many" so that you will be able to do things that will be enjoyable to your kind.

I just want the removal of junk trading. That's all.

Free trade would be nice but not needed at this point since we do have GE. I think GE should still be tweaked a bit to make it more responsive to price adjustments but that's about it.

Sums it up well.

Also, it might help to NOT look at PVP only aspects to it Fish.

Popoto.~<3

Abyss PKing was considered a nuisance to the majority so if you were to argue on bringing it back, I guarantee you that NO ONE besides would-be pkers will support

your endeavor. NOBODY appreciates the frustration of losing their glories and all of their pouches to petty PKers and it serves NO significance whatsoever.

Most abyssal pking vids are known to hide comments because so many players feel angry to the pker for making their hard enough skill, harder.

I hope you understand my point because since some players like you have this "risk mentality" I like to call it...Why don't you go about your business and find something else

to do besides complain to Jagex for making the game already "enjoyable to the many" so that you will be able to do things that will be enjoyable to your kind.

Do you even know why the abyss was created? It was MEANT to be high risk-high reward runecrafting for those who can do it. It was supposed to be an alternative for those who can't be bothered walking to altars and crafting runes the conventional way, but still keeping the conventional way viable(by adding risk). The removal of wilderness pretty much unbalanced that content. Sure, people didn't like it, and i won't argue with that, but some things in life and games are not supposed to be liked. Do I like being killed by corp while soloing? Do I enjoy brushing my teeth every morning? This is not sissy-scape.

And really, the only reasons on this thread are issues for the stupid, people taking cuddling for granted. I don't know how those people will survive in real life(reading and understanding a trade screen ~ reading a contract before signing it, etc). However, the update would be hugely helpful for the economy and high level content(high risk pking, staking).

The update for the abyss is as follows:

Finally, we have added a Zamorakian mage to the members worlds who will assist RuneCrafters who have done the Rune Mysteries Quest with a potentially dangerous, yet also potentially faster method of RuneCrafting, but you might first have to do a little favour for him... This Zamorak Mage can be found by the source of the river just North of Edgeville, and also functions as an 'emergency' rune shop for those uninterested in RuneCrafting.

http://runescape.wikia.com/wiki/Update:RuneCraft_Update_and_Tweaks

It doesn't specify what the danger actually is (losing items from being skulled, abyss monsters, or PKers), but it certainly doesn't say "This update gives the PKers who can't hack it against other PKers the chance to (rarely) gain a amulet of glory from a passing Runecrafter who just so happens to conveniently fit within the combat level +/- margin between Edgeville and the Zamorak mage".

It's got nothing to do with making it "sissy-scape", especially since Revs replaced PKers anyway. It's just there was literally no point to RCers being PKed, for either side, except some 12-year old wanting to 'kill' somebody who was completely unable to defend themselves.

It doesn't specify what the danger actually is (losing items from being skulled, abyss monsters, or PKers), but it certainly doesn't say "This update gives the PKers who can't hack it against other PKers the chance to (rarely) gain a amulet of glory from a passing Runecrafter who just so happens to conveniently fit within the combat level +/- margin between Edgeville and the Zamorak mage".

Oh, so putting it in the wilderness and calling it 'potentially' dangerous isn't clue enough? Or what about the fact that you get skulled(marking you a pk-er) and lose all prayer points when you enter the abyss? Jagex clearly meant for abyss pking to exist, fact.(also, revs are a cheap alternative to real pking, however much jagex wants them to be frightening)

Oh, so putting it in the wilderness and calling it 'potentially' dangerous isn't clue enough? Or what about the fact that you get skulled(marking you a pk-er) and lose all prayer points when you enter the abyss? Jagex clearly meant for abyss pking to exist, fact.(also, revs are a cheap alternative to real pking, however much jagex wants them to be frightening)

For once, I agree with what xpx is saying.

Staurolite.png

As much as I would love to see free trade return, I don't think it would work at this point in time. We have gone too far, and done too much focused around the GE for it to just disappear. It wouldn't physically disappear but it would not be used enough to make a difference. It would go back to world 1/2 to sell stuff. Which I hated. So I guess I don't mind the GE so much. It makes selling my stuff a lot easier...at the preset-market price... :wall:

35b9enp.jpg

Revs have to fit within the limits of what is possible for an NPC in a Java game. Of course Revs aren't going to camp near the Zamorak Mage, unless they're programmed to. That would be the biggest hint of what Jagex really wanted when they released the abyss miniquest - how Revs are designed to behave now. Although they certainly patrol the area, they don't focus their efforts on RCers alone. Some PKers made it their mission to just be a nuisance in whatever way possible to RCers.

I don't think you're right to call it "sissy-scape" or imply the game is 'easy', but I think you raise a good point. 'Skills' in RuneScape aren't actually a measure of ability - they're a measure of how much time/money has been spent training/invested into doing the same activity over and over again. There's very few aspects of the game where real technical ability is required to perform well in RuneScape. Even 99 Runecrafting doesn't really necessitate skill; I could train a moron to do a ZMI run over and over again and, given time, they'd master it quite easily. Yet 99 RCing is regarded as one of the hardest things you can do in RuneScape. It doesn't make sense.

It's a seperate debate to free trade and PKing, but Jagex need to release content that requires the player to develop and use their own personal abilities. You can see they attempted to do this with Dungeoneering but even then, if you get ahold of the best 2h for your level, you're halfway there.