Would bringing back free trade be viable today?

Clearly, because they weren't traded for cash before trade restrictions were put in place... Like you'd know anything.

Partyhats would would actually crash very hard as there would be no difficulty in acquiring them and they'd have no arbitrary value in addition to strong ge value. Free trade would also work wonders on reducing inflation and giving ge more value.

actually, they wouldn't crash at all. Amulet of accuracys was worth a lot before the nerf but when the nerf was announced, amulets were expected to pummet to more

than 98% of its value so more people began to sell partyhats for it's (almost) true value along with the amulets and the surprise is that people were paying almost the exact same

as it's street price. Purples were sold for 1.1B with the amulets and some edibles were sold only by 100m-200m cheaper so the theory is that if the

mechanics of junk trading was removed, people will still pay it's street value for a partyhat and even might make it rise because selling it will be more easy.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sure, free trade will eliminate junk trading, but how will that eliminate street prices? People will still pay for street price, except they are using actual cash for it.

Even if GE prices adjust to match street prices, people will still offer higher for street prices (especially rares).

That's not even saying all the problems that will occur with free trade back (mentioned in OP's post).

Regardless, I think keeping a trade limit is kind of pointless now, especially with the GE in place which almost everyone uses anyway.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

if jagex where to say have an offical poll

"get free trade back"

yes

no.

maybe.

i would vote no.

removeing resticting free trade was a benifit to the game, scamers and RWTers got a heavy blow that neather have recoverd from to this day.

it just is not reaslly viable this day n age.

mlpfim20percentcoolersi.jpg

I'm a Brony and proud of it!

"get free trade back"

yes

no.

maybe.

i would vote no.

removeing resticting free trade was a benifit to the game, scamers and RWTers got a heavy blow that neather have recoverd from to this day.

....what?

Restricting free trade, while bringing about some much needed innovation in the form of an Auction House-style system and a lending system, has overall hurt members. The difference is now we're used to being crippled. And Scammers and RWTers exist in practically the same amount of numbers as they have in the past. The difference is the people who are doing the RWT'ing and the like are doing so with legitimate credit cards/identies, so Jagex isn't bleeding money on fees to investigate and chargebacks etc.

The fantasy mindset that this update has saved the world from RuneScape's own dark underbelly is a pure myth, and naive as well.

hzvjpwS.gif

"get free trade back"

yes

no.

maybe.

i would vote no.

RWT is alive and flourishing just as well today, if not more than the past.

Free trade was removed to stop the combination of Botting/RWT.

(The 500 default characters you'd see at every yew tree in Runescape.)

Botting and RWT are still both here and doing just fine without free trade so why not bring it back?

enaidlool.png

If you quote me please be sure to note that I'm extremely mad.

"get free trade back"

yes

no.

maybe.

i would vote no.

Botting and RWT are still both here and doing just fine without free trade so why not bring it back?

Because of the 500 default characters at you'd see at every yew tree in runescape, and the combirnation of Botting/RWT?

c wut i did dere?

"get free trade back"

yes

no.

maybe.

i would vote no.

Because of the 500 default characters at you'd see at every yew tree in runescape, and the combirnation of Botting/RWT?

c wut i did dere?

OH AHAHAHAHA

:mellow:

enaidlool.png

If you quote me please be sure to note that I'm extremely mad.

"get free trade back"

yes

no.

maybe.

i would vote no.

c wut i did dere?

OH AHAHAHAHA

:mellow:

Because bots are LESS common these days because it's harder to free trade. People say "bots are good for the economy" because the keep raw prices at a low.

Yet the same people complain that skilling is no longer profitable.

Durp.

Main Account - Max cape achieved 10th September 2011
Noob Account - 2300 total and climbing 

6CCmn.jpg