Burn Rangers

kingmickez25

So im doing my slayer task and two rangers show up fine i give up one black dragon and they cant fight over the other one.

I was there first so i should get to keep one right?

But no they take both Like WTF.

so im like fine lets play i go to the bank and take out magic runes to cast wind strike as i remember a while ago.

Hitting something with windstrike is faster then range only one click.

But WTF HAPPENS SOMEONE ELSE IS ALREADY FIGHTING THIS MONSTER.

How is this possible magic is faster then range and this trick work last time i checked.

CABBAGE RANGERS AND CABBAGE CRASHERS

Kingmickez25.png

Why did you decide to mage a black dragon in the first place?

Why did you decide to mage a black dragon in the first place?

My guess was that he was trying to get the aggressiveness onto him first. However, I was under the impression that all attack styles had the same attack start up time, and it came down to who had a better connection, ping, and reaction time.

The main difference between melee and magic/range is there's less chance that you have to do some pathfinding before attacking.

You getting there first doesn't mean you have any right at all to be killing those dragons over someone else.

Maybe no "right" to do so, but it would have probably been an act of mutual respect if the rangers didn't start taking his spot. This game can be competitive by all means, but it's just so much nicer when people just yield to other people and world switch instead of stealing spots.

Ranged is always faster than magic when stealing monsters iirc.

But you could have worldhopped anyway.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

You have black demons for a slayer task and you're NOT cannoning them?

His task is black dragons, not demons <_<

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

You getting there first doesn't mean you have any right at all to be killing those dragons over someone else.

Maybe no "right" to do so, but it would have probably been an act of mutual respect if the rangers didn't start taking his spot. This game can be competitive by all means, but it's just so much nicer when people just yield to other people and world switch instead of stealing spots.

So why doesn't he hop world? Why should the rangers hop just because he is too selfish to leave & let them take the dragons, when they have the ability to take them by using their superior skills?

10xy5fk.png

So why doesn't he hop world? Why should the rangers hop just because he is too selfish to leave & let them take the dragons, when they have the ability to take them by using their superior skills?

It's like... when you're at a bank, and there's not enough cashiers. You can queue up, or you can come back later when it's less busy, or go to a different branch.

The one thing you wouldn't do is just 'shove in' past everyone so you get what you want and not care about anyone else. If there's a mother with a baby in front, you wouldn't barge past them because you have "superior skills".

It's just social etiquette really - if someone else is using something you want, ask them nicely and be prepared to wait for it, or go find it somewhere else; and in RuneScape, the latter option really is as simple as spending 60 seconds on a world hop. With slayer monsters/FMing spots/Ore spawns there's really not an excuse for crashing unless you're purposefully being anal.

It's like... when you're at a bank, and there's not enough cashiers. You can queue up, or you can come back later when it's less busy, or go to a different branch.

The one thing you wouldn't do is just 'shove in' past everyone so you get what you want and not care about anyone else. If there's a mother with a baby in front, you wouldn't barge past them because you have "superior skills".

It's just social etiquette really - if someone else is using something you want, ask them nicely and be prepared to wait for it, or go find it somewhere else; and in RuneScape, the latter option really is as simple as spending 60 seconds on a world hop. With slayer monsters/FMing spots/Ore spawns there's really not an excuse for crashing unless you're purposefully being anal.

Ore spots... depends on the ore. Pretty sure the guild is always crowded, rune rocks.... but it could be that, like you, they don't want to hop. They simply don't justify it with "I was here first." Twould be nice if people always hopped, but some people don't. No one likes being crashed, but sometimes it happens; even if a world hop would fix things, you can still get crashed.

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.
[spoiler=The rest of my sig. You know you wanna see it.]

my difinition of noob is i dont like u, either u are better then me or u are worst them me

Buying spins make you a bad person...don't do it. It's like buying nukes for North Korea.

Well if it bothers you that the game is more fun now, then you can go cry in a corner. :shame:

your article was the equivalent of a circumcized porcupine

The only thing wrong with it is the lack of a percentage for when you need to stroke it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png
Poignant Purple to Lokie's Ravishing Red and Alg's Brilliant Blue.

The difference is that RuneScape is a game based on competition, you're encouraged to train your skills on purpose so that you don't have to deal with these kinds of situations. There is also the factor that in a bank irl, the person infront of you will be finished in a few minutes and then the cashier can serve you, in RuneScape, I could spend hours killing the same dragon spawn while you're waiting, merely because there isn't a reasonable limit to the amount of bones I might want.

There's also the issue of the dragon being a different monster, it might still be the same spawn, but it is a different monster. If got to the front of a queue at a theme park, then after having a ride, automatically went back to the front of the queue again, you would find that unfair, especially if you were the second person in the queue.

10xy5fk.png

Competing against someone else for a resource, just to see whose ping is faster?

Seems a bit... silly. I'm not in any control over that; how's it a competition? May as well throw some dice and have done with it.

So... now I've established in my own mind that it's not a competition, I'll just find the quickest way of finding a resource I can claim for myself. Which would be world hopping.

• 3 weeks later...