Kanye West - My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy

assassin_696

kanye-west-my-beautiful-dark-twisted-fantasy-cover.jpg

Yeah I know the release date isn't until Monday but I've got it physically pre-ordered so I don't feel bad about having an early sneek peak. Has anyone else heard it? It's seriously phenomenal, completely over the top in so many ways but Kanye is at his absolute best acknowledging all his flaws but carrying on regardless. The production on all the songs is gorgeous, although Runaway, Blame Game and Lost in the World stand out in this respect for me. Chris Rock's skit at the end of Blame Game manages to be both hilarious and heartbreaking when you consider it in the context of the whole song. Nicki Minaj's verse on Monster absolutely kills.

I was pretty excited about this album and hoped it lived up to expectations, but it's smashed them for sure.

"Da mihi castitatem et continentam, sed noli modo"

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Almost everyone I know has heard his new CD already except me and everyone basically thinks it absolutely amazing. Generally I would listen to it ahead of time but I decided I wanted to wait until Monday after I pick up the CD to listen to it.

tFtfA.jpg

No matter how big of an ass he is, this should win best rap album of the year

I wont smoke it if the name ain't right

My haze is looking like its been in a color fight.

Guess we are smoking on Picasso, light it up, ignite the spark.

Man it feels good to be smoking on fine arts.

It has been a good year though, this, MotM2, TML, The Adventures of Bobby Ray, Recovery, etc. This is definately way up there though. I wish Blame Game didn't have that stupid skit at the end of it though, it's annoying when I want the song on repeat.

skyrim_by_katri_n-d3hewko.png

It has been a good year though, this, MotM2, TML, The Adventures of Bobby Ray, Recovery, etc. This is definately way up there though. I wish Blame Game didn't have that stupid skit at the end of it though, it's annoying when I want the song on repeat.

Info > Options > Stop time

Assuming you use iTunes.

My opinion will always change...Im a big fan of b.o.b, em, cudders, and kanye, but kanyes album along with g.o.o.d music fridays are just a masterpiece.

I wont smoke it if the name ain't right

My haze is looking like its been in a color fight.

Guess we are smoking on Picasso, light it up, ignite the spark.

Man it feels good to be smoking on fine arts.

Info > Options > Stop time

Assuming you use iTunes.

Thanks for that :thumbup:

skyrim_by_katri_n-d3hewko.png

Picked up a copy this morning right when the record store opened and am on my third listen through. Pretty solid album just wish every song on the album were entirely new (I'm talking about the G.O.O.D. Friday songs) but still, a very impressive piece of work.

tFtfA.jpg

Haha, I don't know what to make of the original artwork for the album.

“Yoooo they banned my album cover!!!!! Banned in the US!! They don’t want me chilling on the couch with my phoenix… In the 70s album covers had actual nudity… It’s so funny that people forget that… Everything has been so commercialized now… So Nirvana can have a naked human being on they cover but I can’t have a PAINTING of a monster with no arms and a polka dot tail and wings.”

I've started to enjoy hip-hop a lot over the past few years and I know that I'm somewhat of a beginner in my tastes, but Kanye just doesn't do it for me. His songs always seem so...empty. I'll listen to this one a few more times before I give it up as I do with every album.

phpFffu7GPM.jpg

"He could climb to it, if he climbed alone, and once there he could suck on the pap of life, gulp down the incomparable milk of wonder."

I see many random kids talking [cabbage] about that and calling people hipsters on the 'ye last.fm page because of this lol.

Pitchfork bashing is very, very 2008.

This album is pretty good. First track is my favourite but it's so over-the-top, like, Kanye knows he's full of himself and uses it to his advantage here. It's not my album of the year, but it's better than I was expecting it to be.