The History of Your RS Name

Pinkbullet3

I actually made a video explaining what my username means, so if you'd prefer to not read, and just listen, you can do that. The video is boring and terrible and not worth watching, however I figured I would give that option. There's some foul language.

My name is named after an older version of it from 2000. I had an account on a website for Yu-Gi-Oh, and one of the administrators on the forum was named LordObelisk. Obelisk is one of the God-cards in Yu-Gi-Oh. I liked the name, so I changed my forum display name to LordOfGods. A few users had a problem with my name, because they thought I was referring to actual Gods from religions, and not Yu-Gi-Oh gods, as was what I was implying. Because of it, I shortened my name to LoG.

TIPIT CENSORS ". e x e" to [Caution: Executable File] ...So wherever you see that below, pretend it has no spaces. Then, a trend on the forums hit out of nowhere and everyone added . e x e to the end of their display name (Stupid but whatever lol). That made my display name out to be LoG. e x e

Then I signed up for a RuneScape account in March 2001, and decided to go with Logdotexe. That got hacked off me due to my own ignorance ("Look Jagex blocks ur pass see ********").

I decided to stick with file extensions and made Logdotzip.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Peregrine_95 --> (Peregrine)? --> Ampere_Sand --> Peregrine

Chose Peregrine_95 because my favorite animal at my young age was the peregrine falcon, and 95 was my favorite number for some reason. Most people assumed I was born in 95, which was false. Not sure why it was my favorite number; nowadays I can't enjoy most numbers unless they are prime, which must be some odd habit I've developed over the years. Later, I didn't even want a number in my name.

When Carl Dublin provided an early leak about namechanges, I noticed that 'Peregrine' wasn't available, even though it wasn't ranked. So I decided I would wait to change my name until a 'second batch of names' were freed up. Added Peregrine to my friend's list, and as soon as the asterisk came up indicating the account didn't exist, I changed my name to it.

(Either during the time I was waiting, which I doubt, or afterwards,) I decided to change my name to something more... interesting, I guess? Anyway, lots of people were fed up with people changing their names and losing track of friendships and such. So I decided I should have my nick "Pere" in my name somewhere. Words like "Perennial" didn't do it for me, so I looked through a dictionary with words containing 'Pere', and I found Ampere very close to Ampersand. For some reason, those words clicked in my heart and I ended up creating 'Ampere Sand'. Ampere refers to the SI unit of electrical current, and Sand is.. sand. I thought a username that meant 'electrical sand' was pretty neat.

That sums up my RSN's history. ;o

I always had in mind what I wanted to call my online character and for many years carried it around in my head. Basically the inspiration came from the iconic Rush Album released in 1987 called Hemispheres. In the part of Cygnus X-1, Armageddon: 'The Battle of Heart and Mind' It goes:

"Some who did not fight

Brought tales of old to light

My Rocinante sailed by night

On her final flight."

I later learned that it was also the name of Don Quixote's horse lmao.

(ps. only one person has ever made the connection in-game)

Rozanante.png

Rozanante.png

Still the proud owner of Quest Cape since 8th December 2007

All skills used to be 70 or higher. (Dang you Dungeoneering. Oh wait, it's not a skill...)

Drops: Whips 8, Black Mask 8, D/Skirt 1, D/Spear 1, D/Shield Left Half 1, D/Boots 12, G/Maul 4, Range Ammy 1, Hexcrest 1.

like alot of you, i a huge zelda fan, so when i made my account when i was like 14, i tired to name my character link. taken? drat. linkzelda? nope. linkzelda3? zzzt. linkzelda30? bingo!

When name change came out, i originally was only gonna take the numbers out. however i couldnt find a numberless variation i liked. So i went to JesseRSlayer. (my real name, last initial.) meant to be read as "Jesse are a slayer" but people called me Jesser :wall: :angry: <_< .I then went to JesseAttack! as a gag (look out, its a jesse attack! plus, attacks my fav skill after slayer) but rs took the "!" out after i changed it >_< went to Jesse Attack untill my current name became available <3:<3 Most ppl call me slayer but whatever.

Linkzelda30.jpeg

image2ez.png

[hide=Siggy credits]The Awesome, Epic, Amazing, S3xah A-10 Sig By Unolexi! I wub u Uno!

InsanityV2 Did the Franz Ferdinand Sig.

Killerwatt is responsible for the Arctic Monkeys sig.

Pat_61 did the B-2 sig and the raptor sig.[/hide]

My main, I still await for "Dark Aura" to become avaliable.

My zerker, "Ninja Oh Mai" is both its display and login name, I thought it sounded witty and funny. Today I still do, until I find something cooler. :shades:

Popoto.~<3

• 2 weeks later...

My brother made my very first runescape account for me called Shewoman2 when I was 11 I think. Wow, that name brings up memories. Then, I made this account called Anime Girl51.

I don't mind the Anime Girl51 name but I had others I preferred.

I've actually gone through a lot of names:

Anime Girl51 -> Ranj-chan -> CHEEEEEEEEEEN -> Satori -> Suppository -> Ecchi Person -> Cirno-chan -> Mukyu.

I wanted to be Suppository forever but it got taken, so did CHEEEEEEEEEN so I'm sticking with Mukyu for a while.

rc1tzc.png

☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢

--Assassin5757

I originally wanted Assassin7979, but it was taken...

--AssassinTrex

Meh Wanted a name w/o #'s and T-rexs are cool.

--T-rexGoRawr

Kind of amusing.

--T-rexUhmRawr

Like to change my name.

--BioAssassinX

lol idk why was trying to get "7th Assassin"

--SftwEftwX

meh

--OooSoEoXooO

lol meh again

--Pinata

For some reason this name wasn't taken and so I grabbed it.

--RandomPinata

meh idk why I did this

--Pinata

Change back

--Africans4sel

Friends name was iselAfricans

--Pinata

Not going to change until I get a cooler name like Assassin(Would never ever change) or something like "7".

Pinata.png
Capes in order: Firemaking - Cooking - Construction - 99 Dungeoneering
- 120 Dungeoneering - Quest - Strength - Prayer - Herblore - Constitution
- Attack - Defence - Ranged - Runecrafting - Magic - Fletching - Mining

- Farming - Smithing - Slayer - Woodcutting - Summoning - Thieving - Hunter

- Fishing - Agility - Crafting - Divination - Max - Completionist

0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0100 0101

I used to have an imagined (really epic, of course) elf called Quyneax. Cool names always have qs and xs and ys (not a common letter in Dutch). I kinda got over that name, got more into Tolkien, and found the BBC website on Welsh. Enaid Anwen is supposed to mean 'beautiful soul'. I might change to Enaid Arawn, which is like Soul Hades or something (Arawn being the land of the dead), but I don't know how to conjugate Enaid to mean 'soul of' :P.

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

I had just watched tommy boy where Chris farley goes "lalalalala luuuuuke, I am your father" (while talking into a fan) Lalala was taken, so I put on my lunch code at the time, 7324. Yay. I hated it like the day after I made it.

Name changing came out, and I couldn't decide. But then some guy named "NASA" was talking in the tip.it cc about how you could get old names, and I thought of what words I liked. Pretty much the first one I tried, "Rocked" (because I like to say 'you got rocked') was available.

lalalasig2.png

I changed my name from Ice Yoshi to Spiral Fire 3 days before the rsn freeing update, so I was pissed off otherwise I would have snagged Yoshi. ah well.

Bionic_Yoshi.png

TT rewards: 2 ranger boots, Zamorak page 1 (2x), Guthix page 1, Ancient page 2

You must construct additional oak larders doors... I mean pylons

Barrows: 10. Total value~22.3 mil. Ahrim Robeskirt is currently the item I have received the most.

Mhm.

I grew up on a show called Beestenboos is bos. (Called Animals of Farthing Wood.)

I loved this character named Plucky.

Thus, Pluckey was born. I will take "Plucky" the second it frees up.

I remember seeing the word vettro on my grandparents Volvo who knows how many years ago. I liked it and stuck with it. It's very sentimental now. Sad thing is that I got hacked about a week ago and the [developmentally delayed] changed my name to "set to win". -.- So hopefully I can get vettro back in a month.

vettro.png

I remember seeing the word vettro on my grandparents Volvo who knows how many years ago. I liked it and stuck with it. It's very sentimental now. Sad thing is that I got hacked about a week ago and the [developmentally delayed] changed my name to "set to win". -.- So hopefully I can get vettro back in a month.

You could always get Vettro on another account and keep it safe. As far as I know it's legal (and fairly common).

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

samaster came from when i first created my Xbox live gamer tag, around about the time halo 2 came out on xbox original. I was sitting around on the floor trying to come up with a "cool" name. I was thinking about the master chief from the halo franchise, and was going to have chief sam, or master sam then came up with sam the master, took one 'm' out and got rid of the 'the' and got samaster. Some noob has the samaster account name on rs and is not even in the highscores kinda bummed about that. =[

Maybe one day jagex will remove accounts that have no skills ranked and/or have been inactive for more than 2 years.

user1-dark.png

Unknwnwrrior - I like the name Unknown Warrior. RuneScape would not permit it, so I started searching for alternatives (like Unknown, Warrior, etc). And I was dead set on not having numbers behind my screenname (because there's nothing I hate more). So I started seeing if I could omit any letters. And so, Unknwnwrrior was born.

When Carl Dublin leaked the deletion of old screennames, I quickly checked if Jagex updated to allow for 12+ characters. They didn't. So I started [bleep]ing around and seeing which screennames I could get. I wasn't actually intending to rename me. But then, I noticed "The Warrior" was free. I knew this chance wouldn't come again, so I snagged it.

Don't get me wrong, I'll get Unknown Warrior if it ever becomes available, until then, or unless someone beats me to it, "The Warrior" will more than suffice.

Unknown_Warrior.jpegIgGCP.png

Dragon Drops : 5 Dragon Medium Helmets, 3 Dragon Claws, 3 Dragon platelegs, 2 Dragon plateskirts, 2 Dragon Hatchets, 2 Dragon Spears, 7 pairs of Dragon Boots, 1 Dragon pickaxe, 10 Dragon defenders, 3 Dragon 2h swords, 1 Dragon armour Slice, 1 Dragon armour Lump, 1 Dragon chainbody, 1 Dragon kiteshield, 1 Dragon hasta, 1 Dragon ward, 25 Dragon knives pairs
The Warrior's Blog , Herblore Habitat - Efficient and profitable

[hide=Stats and logs]

The_Warrior.png
.:Adventurer's Log:.

[/hide]

My original name, "Carl Dublin" came simply from my own name -- Carl -- and the city I live in -- Dublin. I then changed, back in March, to "Newb", as it was an available name...just because I could.

RIP Michaelangelopolous

The "Drazhar" came from Warhammer 40K cause at the time I played it and collected an army called the 'Dark Eldar', for those who are unfamiliar with it :P

But yeah it was a cool model I have and I decided to take the name :D The 44 was for 2 reasons; I couldn't just have 'Drazhar' cause of compyright or something....and also because it's the age I plan to rule the world at :)

[hide=Here be Drazhar, the Master of Blades]m1250330_99060112027_DEDrazharmain_873x627.jpg[/hide]

Now if only he had 2 beers instead of blades....

EAVnEYl.png

Visit my blog! Click the madness for more madness!

Mr Muto: Origintaed after I got hacked and lost my first account lol. I was stumped on what to go for a name and there happened to be a Dr Muto video game CD laying on my desk. I tried for Dr Muto but it was taken at the time and just ended up taking Mr Muto.

oaM0.png
fXPnd.png