Updates

SoulWars

Updates lately don't interest me either. (apart from the warped floors)

btw: I miss MeHateLibs to complain about (the lack of) updates... :twisted:

Yeah, warped floors were a great addition to the game... sadly, they require so high dungeoneering levels that not many Scapers are able to take advantage of them ;s

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

However, I do think it's a good thing that they're trying to get the costs back to a more acceptable price. I'm just not so sure I like the means after what they've done to some of the other skills when "rebalancing" them.

The double-herb itself looks like another one of those "chances" skill upgrade, which usually means no dramatic effect on the skill . The update as a whole might have a bigger effect. we'll have to wait and see.

However, I do think it's a good thing that they're trying to get the costs back to a more acceptable price. I'm just not so sure I like the means after what they've done to some of the other skills when "rebalancing" them.

The double-herb itself looks like another one of those "chances" skill upgrade, which usually means no dramatic effect on the skill . The update as a whole might have a bigger effect. we'll have to wait and see.

It highly depends on the %-rate, I think (e.g. whether it's 10% or 100%). The small additions that were added along the warped floor-update had no big, if any, impact on the price, but as you mentioned, we'll see. ;)

there's plenty of stuff for me to do in rs still

so i am okay with this

^- This

but it's been 2 since an update

Therefore, update this week.

And in that time Funorb has had nothing :(

Yeah, were was the Halloween Achievements we've been getting since 2008. :(

What's this about harvesting double the herbs?

from the BTS

Herblore Habitat

There will also be the opportunity to concoct ten juju potions, each with really wild effects: a fishing potion that attracts the elusive baron shark, mining potions that invoke the stone spirits, and a herblore potion that offers you the chance of double herbs when harvesting. Those who experiment with their environment, attracting eight different creatures in a given week, will win XP and clothing rewards. Those who go a step further, and entice the elusive Guthix, Saradomin and Zamorak jadinkos, will receive an even scarcer prize. With seven new plants to grow and eight Construction features to build, Papa Mambo has grown an area that puts others to shaman.

Personally I don't know what to expect from this herblore update. Seems to me though, that the price of herbs might actually FALL due to less demand. (The new minigame/D&D possibly offering 'free' herb xp).

Anyways, I'm not buying any more herbs for the minute but will snag plenty of seeds because by all accounts they could increase in demand due to the double harvest potential.

We'll see soon enough.

Rozanante.png

Rozanante.png

Still the proud owner of Quest Cape since 8th December 2007

All skills used to be 70 or higher. (Dang you Dungeoneering. Oh wait, it's not a skill...)

Drops: Whips 8, Black Mask 8, D/Skirt 1, D/Spear 1, D/Shield Left Half 1, D/Boots 12, G/Maul 4, Range Ammy 1, Hexcrest 1.

What's this about harvesting double the herbs?

from the BTS

Herblore Habitat

There will also be the opportunity to concoct ten juju potions, each with really wild effects: a fishing potion that attracts the elusive baron shark, mining potions that invoke the stone spirits, and a herblore potion that offers you the chance of double herbs when harvesting. Those who experiment with their environment, attracting eight different creatures in a given week, will win XP and clothing rewards. Those who go a step further, and entice the elusive Guthix, Saradomin and Zamorak jadinkos, will receive an even scarcer prize. With seven new plants to grow and eight Construction features to build, Papa Mambo has grown an area that puts others to shaman.

I see, ugh, now to decide if I'll dump my 15m herbs I've stockpiled or not..

PM me in game anytime

It's a lot easier then that for an idiot to sound smart on the internet.

That's exactly what you're doing right now... just saying.

so i am okay with this

^- This

So you both agree they are slacking. :wink:

New content keeps people playing imo, without new content games get dull and left behind...

Most games don't get an update EVERY week.

You go two weeks without an update and you are whining.

Grow up, grow a pair and go back to rsof.

Main Account - Max cape achieved 10th September 2011
Noob Account - 2300 total and climbing 

6CCmn.jpg

so i am okay with this

^- This

So you both agree they are slacking. :wink:

No, I agreed that there is enough content to keep me busy. I admit I had more time last week to try new content as I have a bit of school stuff this week, but I haven't completed all content so there is stuff for me to do. ;)

One off week here and there doesn't bother me as much as it does to some people.

It better to wait longer for a update then a update filled with gltiches and bugs

It better to wait longer for a update filled with gltiches then a update filled with gltiches

sigcopyaf.png

Ever wanted to find street prices of RS items? Check out the SPOLI Index

Nex Drops: Pernix Cowl, Pernix Chaps, Torva Helm, Torva Platebody, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Mask, Torva Legs, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Body, Torva Platelegs, Torva Platelegs, Virtus Robe Top

Updates lately don't interest me either. (apart from the warped floors)

btw: I miss MeHateLibs to complain about (the lack of) updates... :twisted:

Katya has pretty much retired from Runescape from what I hear. She still f2ps a bit, but won't give them any more money. She says that only encourages them to make crappy updates, lol.

Just keep your mind off these things and something good will (eventually) come.

It's like waiting for something. Time seems to pass by reeeal slowly when you're doing nothing, but if you're playing a video game, time seems to fly by.

Now get off and go level that construction, you nub!

zBSYE.png

^ Blog.

Zh0c4.gif

Most games don't get an update EVERY week.

You go two weeks without an update and you are whining.

Grow up, grow a pair and go back to rsof.

Didn't know we HAD to be fanboys of Jagex to enter these fora, I must have misread the terms of agreement when entering.

I always thought flaming and rudeness in general were characteristics of RSOF... :rolleyes:

No, I agreed that there is enough content to keep me busy. I admit I had more time last week to try new content as I have a bit of school stuff this week, but I haven't completed all content so there is stuff for me to do. ;)

One off week here and there doesn't bother me as much as it does to some people.

Since you keep saying there is still so much stuff left to do for you, might I ask what exactly? Especially since you're almost maxed out.

It might be capes, but what is the point after a certain lvl. Are 10x air runes so different from crafting 9x air runes?

Personally the warped floors are the main reason that keep me hooked, rest is grinding til 99.

Katya has pretty much retired from Runescape from what I hear. She still f2ps a bit, but won't give them any more money. She says that only encourages them to make crappy updates, lol.

Lol. :^_^:

I find it sad the peak years of RS are behind us and they are doing little to nothing to counter the curve. Good content updates are getting scarcer.

(eg: "we're always working on a new skill" -> apparently not true anymore)

(eg: "we are willing to take unpopular measures against RWT" -> every item with 'street' is being sold for $, yet nothing is done about it)

(eg: "we perm ban auto'ers" -> now they get their stats reduced... )

(eg: releasing dungeoneering in a whole bunch of little parts just to fill no-update weeks)

It doesn't matter to me when small quests/minigames come out. I won't be playing the minigame to train skills already at 99, and quests are so short that it doesn't matter when you do them. The average update offers such little content that it doesn't matter when you play through it. The updates that matter - like finishing Dungeoneering or skill additions like new potions - should be carefully balanced before release anyway.

The only things that need to be rushed are fixes to major bugs.

2496 Completionist

Since you keep saying there is still so much stuff left to do for you, might I ask what exactly?

Sure thing. |^_^|

1. Get 99 Mining

2. Get 99 Runecrafting

3. Get 99 Dungeoneering

4. Get 120 Dungeoneering and achieve the maximum total level.

5. Get all Dungeoneering Items I want and max out all classes on the Ring of Kinship.

6. Complete my house by adding Abyssal Demon Head, KBD Heads and KQ Head in my skill halls.

7. Hang up a Mounted Bass and Swordfish in my skill halls.

8. Get a Green and Red Dragon egg, then grow all Dragons to complete my Menagerie.

9. Obtain the ancient pages I'm missing for my Ancient Cavern book.

10. Get ranked in all minigame highscores.

11. Get every Castle Wars armor piece excluding swords up to intricate.

12. Get all Castle Wars halo's, cape's and shield.

13. Complete the Champion's Challenge.

14. Kill 4'000 Chompy Birds for the Expert Dragon Archer hat.

15. Complete all Court Cases.

16. Get a Cute Phoenix Eggling.

17. Get an Abyssal Demon Pet from Soul Wars.

18. Get a Fire Cape for my Cape Rack (excluding the one in my bank).

19. Make money/merchant to get the items I want.

-

tl:dr = I have enough content to keep me busy, and I'm almost maxed.

Is it useful? Hell no, but it's content nevertheless. In the end of the day, Runescape itself isn't really useful.

Apart from the warped floor-update and BOAESU, hasn't the recent (i.e. 1 month) updates been slacking a bit?

No.

Learn patience, you can live 2 weeks without an update.

He didn't say he couldn't, he was making an observation.

I've basically stopped playing rs, so I don't mind.

I have all the 99s, and have been playing since 2001. Comped 4/30/15 

My Araxxi Kills: 459::Araxxi Drops(KC):

Araxxi Hilts: 4x Eye (14/126/149/459), Web - (100) Fang (193)

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)
Boss Pets: Supreme - 848 KC

If you play Xbox One - Add me! GT: Urtehnoes - Currently on a Destiny binge 

Apart from the warped floor-update and BOAESU, hasn't the recent (i.e. 1 month) updates been slacking a bit?

No.

Learn patience, you can live 2 weeks without an update.

He didn't say he couldn't, he was making an observation.

That's a pretty lame reason to make a topic about, dontcha think?

whatisrush-1.png

Fisher/Woodcut------Me-----Miner/crafter----Stabber----Leecher

^Golvellius must be so proud^

FlowerPower.png

If it is you're only contributing to the problem by posting on something you feel is a 'useless thread'. The faster people stop posting the faster a thread dies.

OT:

The best bulk of the updates this month haven't even been released yet. It was a five week month.

hzvjpwS.gif

If it is you're only contributing to the problem by posting on something you feel is a 'useless thread'. The faster people stop posting the faster a thread dies.

That's cool, I can post my opinion if I want though, so I will.

whatisrush-1.png

Fisher/Woodcut------Me-----Miner/crafter----Stabber----Leecher

^Golvellius must be so proud^

FlowerPower.png

I think that's probably why they always have Void pt 3 or somethign there to point out the last big update so people don't see the small, crappy one. :P

Yeah, haha. I actually liked the old layout better.... better overview, in my opinion:D