Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Freak Like Me - Worst/Weirdest Habits

• Please log in to reply
148 replies to this topic

stevepole
[ Display Name History ]

stevepole

Ace of Spades

• Members
  • 8,477 posts
I generally rely on my sense of smell for a lot of things, I don't really know how to describe that one but I usually get call out on it.
Posted Image

nine naked men
[ Display Name History ]

nine naked men

Chief Beef

• Members
  • 5,556 posts
  • RuneScape Status:None
Alright, let's do this.

- Chewing the skin around my nails, and peeling my nails instead of chewing them.
- Alphabetizing my book collection (By last name of author, and the author's books also ordered alphabetically)
- Taking about 3 times as long to do dishes as everyone else because I wash/rinse them multiple times.
- Shaving multiple times, washing hair in the shower multiple times if the need strikes me
- Ordering my wardrobe, there needs to be an even number of shirts hanging there
- Replacing headphones every week, cleaning entirety of computer every month
- Cracking pretty much every joint in my body to the point that it annoys people around me (jaws, fingers, toes, knees, back, you get the picture)
- Mouthing a sentence softly after I say it, kinda like weighing the words in my mouth, seeing if there was a better way I could have phrased it (I've gotten better with this, at first I wasn't even aware I did it)
- I spot errors in writing pretty easily, which I've always done, but now I get paid for it
- And I brush my teeth in the shower, too, but that doesn't seem like an obsession to me. ._.
FBqTDdL.jpg
sleep like dead men
wake up like dead men

Dax
[ Display Name History ]

Dax

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 6,014 posts

When I'm given a plate with say, corn, potato salad, and mashed potatoes, I'll eat all of the corn, and then all of the potato salad first, then all of the mashed potatoes. I won't take a bite of this one, then this one, then this one.. I'll eat all of one, then move over to the next one.

That's me.

#KERR2016/17/18/19.

#rpgformod

Assume Nothing
[ Display Name History ]

Assume Nothing

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,191 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Semi-Retired

When I'm given a plate with say, corn, potato salad, and mashed potatoes, I'll eat all of the corn, and then all of the potato salad first, then all of the mashed potatoes. I won't take a bite of this one, then this one, then this one.. I'll eat all of one, then move over to the next one.

That's me.

But would you go as far as to try and separate rice from a curry, or the spaghetti from the sauce?

One weird thing I've started doing; I do a little reality check before I go to the toilet

EarthySun
[ Display Name History ]

EarthySun

Dark Wizard Robe

• Members
  • 800 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
  • RSN:Earthy Sun
  • Clan:Tip.It
I'm a grammar Nazi, I bite my nails, I crack my knuckles, I daydream, and I wait for people to make references to The Office in threads.

So, basically Earthysun is Jesus's only son.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Star.
[ Display Name History ]

Star.

Retired Moderator

• Members
  • 4,338 posts
I bite my lips a lot and pull off skin. Same with the inside of my lips.

I also chew on pens but that's when I'm thinking of something. Kinda disgusting cause I sometimes do it with pens that aren't mine lol.

Posted Image
☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢

Danqazmlp
[ Display Name History ]

Danqazmlp

To Ass!

• Members
  • 8,492 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Retired
  • RSN:Danqazmlp
I have an obsession with wiping my nose. I carry a tissue with me wherever I go and unless my nose feels 100% dry I will feel like it may as well be a waterfall. I even carry one when I go for nights out to clubs.

I can't drink from a bottle or glass that somebody else has drank from. Even family, if my dad drinks from my glass, I'll either throw the drink away or let him have it all. The same goes with using forks/spoons that other people have taken a bite with.

I also have a favourite spoon which I always use instead of the others. It's different from the rest of the spoons in the set but I can't remember where it comes from. I even brought it to university with me.
Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!
Posted Image
Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

fastortoise
[ Display Name History ]

fastortoise

Demon Vanquisher

• Members
  • 2,141 posts
If I sit still for more than 5 minutes my mind wanders so I'm constantly shifting around in my seat.
If I have a pen in my hand and I'm not writing then I'm twiddling it.
I don't button the top button of my lab coat because I think it looks bad.
I eat the top half of an apple, before eating the bottom half.
Posted Image

mcneilp
[ Display Name History ]

mcneilp

Slàinte

• Members
  • 2,670 posts
I eat each different part of my meals seperate (say a steak pie, I'd eat the pie then move onto the potatoes and then the carrots). I've got a kind of hierachy in my head (which to be honest I hadn't noticed until I started typing this out) of the order in which I eat each part, carrots always being last. I don't do this for every meal exactly, I'd still eat a curry and rice together for example, I guess it's just meals where the seperate ingredients are obvious.

And when I'm having dinner at home, I normally drink my whole glass of water or juice before I start eating, even if I'm not thirsty, then get up halfway through to refill it. I don't really know why I do it, force of habit I guess.
It isn't in the castle, It isn't in the mist, It's a calling of the waters, As they break to show, The new Black Death, With reactors aglow, Do you think your security, Can keep you in purity, You will not shake us off above or below
Scottish friction
Scottish fiction

Danqazmlp
[ Display Name History ]

Danqazmlp

To Ass!

• Members
  • 8,492 posts
  • RSN:Danqazmlp
I do the same when eating. For example, when I have a sunday roast, I'll eat the parsnips first, then carrots, then cabbage, then brussells, then broccoli, then I leave the meat until last. The best part of meal is always left until last. It is the lasting memory you have of it so it has to end well.
Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!
Posted Image
Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

mcneilp
[ Display Name History ]

mcneilp

Slàinte

• Members
  • 2,670 posts
Yeah, I go the other way about. I eat the best thing first then leave the worst stuff till last. Probably goes back to when I was little when my sister and I would find ways of getting rid of the nasty stuff (cabbage/sprouts etc) without my parents knowing, like hiding it in the fruitbowl until they'd done the washing up then slinging it in the bin. Absolutely daft looking back on it and I can eat most of the stuff now anyway so it's pretty much just habit.
It isn't in the castle, It isn't in the mist, It's a calling of the waters, As they break to show, The new Black Death, With reactors aglow, Do you think your security, Can keep you in purity, You will not shake us off above or below
Scottish friction
Scottish fiction

Jernlov
[ Display Name History ]

Jernlov

Black Knight Trainer

• Members
  • 3,171 posts
I seem to involuntarily bounce my knees when sitting, much to the annoyance of everyone when I was at school. I have no idea if this is a side-effect of medication or if it's just something I do. I'm going with the second because it gives me more peace of mind.

Assume Nothing
[ Display Name History ]

Assume Nothing

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,191 posts

I seem to involuntarily bounce my knees when sitting, much to the annoyance of everyone when I was at school. I have no idea if this is a side-effect of medication or if it's just something I do. I'm going with the second because it gives me more peace of mind.

That's pretty common actually, most people grow out of it but urges do sometimes occur.

An obsession of mine would probably be... drinking things in the wrong container. I'd drink orange juice quite happily out of a bowl, or wine glass ;o

I hate typos, and grammatical errors. I always feel like bringing a pen to correct them. "This company does not except cheques"

holiday
[ Display Name History ]

holiday

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 320 posts
I wash utensils before I use them.
I don't like foods that stain, such as mashed potatoes, to touch other foods.

Maze
[ Display Name History ]

Maze

Hobgoblin Killer

• Members
  • 1,661 posts
-I cannot sit still.
-I chew my fingernails.
-My mind constantly wanders off.

ElkNight
[ Display Name History ]

ElkNight

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 8,323 posts
I eat the whole apple. Except for the stem.
A lot of people think that's weird.
Posted Image
WONGTONG IS THE BEST AND IS MORE SUPERIOR THAN ME
#1 Wongtong stalker.

Im looking for some No Limit soldiers!

Piscis_Rex
[ Display Name History ]

Piscis_Rex

Scorpion Pit

• Members
  • 640 posts
  • RSN:Piscis Rex
If something can be taken apart and put back together again, I will take take it apart and put it back together again, repeatedly

99.99999998465% of the world's population is not me, if you are the 0.00000001535% that is me, put this in you signature

-"being famous is like being a woman, if you have to tell people you are, you aren't"

Skully
[ Display Name History ]

Skully

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 3,935 posts
  • RSN:Skully SC

I have an obsession with wiping my nose. I carry a tissue with me wherever I go and unless my nose feels 100% dry I will feel like it may as well be a waterfall. I even carry one when I go for nights out to clubs.

I can't drink from a bottle or glass that somebody else has drank from. Even family, if my dad drinks from my glass, I'll either throw the drink away or let him have it all. The same goes with using forks/spoons that other people have taken a bite with.

I also have a favourite spoon which I always use instead of the others. It's different from the rest of the spoons in the set but I can't remember where it comes from. I even brought it to university with me.

I do all the above, sometimes pretty annoying if people take offence. Also I have to wash my hands and not touch anything else before I eat food that I have to handle.

Posted Image

Shiny
[ Display Name History ]

Shiny

Combo Breaker

• Members
  • 4,935 posts
  • RSN:Hellsrider7
You guys are crazy! A meal is meant to be eaten as one piece, not carefully dissected.
Posted Image

Tesset
[ Display Name History ]

Tesset

Demon Vanquisher

• Members
  • 2,039 posts

Refreshing forums for threads/replies

This is me in my free time.

I bite my nails. Constantly.

Hello, Me.

Yup. I'd rather bite my nails than cut them off with a nail clipper.

Highlighting text as I read it on the computer.

I do this too. It annoys everyone who reads over my shoulder when I'm on the computer.

Also, when I highlight text, if I miss the beginning of a paragraph and highlight like the second line down, I have to highlight the second line up from the bottom.

Others:
I use to always have to have something in my mouth when I was on the computer. Like, there was a pen cap that I always kept around and chewed on. It's not so bad anymore, but if I found that pen cap, it would be in my mouth in a second. :3

When I walk on a sidewalk, I step over the cracks with alternating feet. Like, I step over with my right foot, then with my left foot. I skip/hop a lot because my stride is not the length of any sidewalk in my town.

I play with my watch if I'm bored. The side with the clasp on it is empty in the middle because it's broken off.

My skin is finally getting soft
I'll scrub until the damn thing comes off

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users