Freak Like Me - Worst/Weirdest Habits

Assume Nothing

Just don't bring a Kindle into the bath.

OT:

I have a big problem with clapping my hands at awkward times. Like if I just say a really funny joke or whatever, I'll clap my hands together. Or if I'm in deep thought on the toilet, I'll clap my hands together.

I seriously think I have some sort of mental condition. I seriously think I do. I do really weird things and freak myself out sometimes.

From that post you just reminded me of Holden Caulfield, heck knows why.

- I brush my teeth with my eyes closed when I'm by myself, but if I'm in the bathroom with someone else I have to turn away from them whilst brushing.

- I don't like the TV volume to be on an un-even number.

- I can't sleep without music on. The louder it is, the easier it is for me to sleep.

- I hate having my fingernails uneven lengths. If they're all long but one breaks, I'll cut the rest off and wait for them to grow again.

We'll sneak out while they sleep

And sail off in the night.

We'll come clean and start over the rest of our lives.

When we're gone, we'll stay gone.

Out of sight, out of mind.

It's not too late,

We have the rest of our lives.

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like to put myself through miserable conditions such as freezing my ass off or starving, and then rewarding myself with a hot shower or nice meal. It helps me appreciate it. Plus it's something to do.

I regularly feel like I'm on the verge of death.

Same here bro.

I also must have the volume on my tv be in increments of 5 (eg 0, 15, 30, 25) I flip out if it's not.

I crack my fingers, toes, neck and kness as often as a i can.

I don't like mixing things when eating dinner (unless they really are meant to be mixed) which means i will keep my mash potato away from everything and get annoyed if it touches other stuff.

I like to be always moving in some way, staying completely still drives me insane.

I always want to be doing something with my hands, so i usually end up standing around cracking my fingers over and over again.

I love to step on cracks on the foot path.

Same here.

Also:

I lick my lips constantly. Every few minutes, except when they're chapped.

I have a pathological fear of spiders, anything chalky or chalk-related, and nail care products.

10:53 PM - retech9691: I feel the need
10:53 PM - retech9691: To include many chasms in my story arc
10:53 PM - Resistance: You mean plotholes?

Remember, Remember, the 4th of November

RIP Dawngate ;-;

• 3 months later...

I am extremely anal-retentive when it comes to editing my posts. I spend more time editing them than actually typing out my points, and usually just over the fickle details like changing "I was going to go to the store" to "I planned on going to the store". It's just a simple matter of whatever looks aesthetically pleasing to me. Sometimes I will even go back and edit a post from months ago.

smokings my worst habbit! i was on 60 a day at one point.. and i never wash my hands :(

worst things i do though are in my sleep which is annoying, like i grind my teeth <_< that sucks.. also weerdly i can squelch my eye! lol, aparently i do that in my sleep aswell!

i also got into a weerd habit lately where i find it hard to sleep with my sleep playlist lol. [bleep]ing laptops.

dont have any ocd type of things, apart from prefering the door to be closed if we're chilling ina room for a while, but im not that fussed.

^^^^^^^

lol i do that too sometimes, not for like ages. but when im drinking in a pub or summit, n need to slash i wait till the last minute n peg it to the toilet lol.

wo

Whenever I feel really tense, I need to do some sort of exercise - generally push ups. About to go out a party? Push ups. Nervous before a test? Find a secluded place to do push ups. Auditioning for a play? Sneak in some push ups.

Jesus, I'm obsessional. :mellow:

I found a panda and then we bought malt liquor. I hold my malt liquor better than a panda.

And I thought my weekends were good. ._.

people are not allowed to touch my cellphone. they touch it, i KEEL YOU.

Oily, sweaty hands on MY touchscreen?

Nope.

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

- I rarely do things I really enjoy (drawing, playing strategy games), but when I do, I can spend hours on them though maybe they're so enjoyable just because of that?

- I like finding / creating patterns, such as building my cities in a perfect grid in Civilization

- I like the feeling of incompleteness, for example bands' demo albums and beta games

-> I also leave things incomplete myself, like coloring only a part of a picture sometimes it's just laziness though :P

- I have to watch anime every single day, it cheers me up more than anything

- I like using long words in my speech

When I read, I tend to skip or at least skim over descriptions of places or people. I literally never read them. This has given me the habit of skimming through posts online, and seeing words there that aren't actually written.

For example, in the post above me, I scrolled over it accidentally and read the word crotch. Twice.

This really throws me off when a story legitimately has words like [bleep] or [cabbage]. I think I see them, but figure I didn't really then go back and see it, and I'm like, "woah."

My skin is finally getting soft
I'll scrub until the damn thing comes off

If pork or steak is served, I won't eat it. I can't stand eating meat, although I'll eat a hamburger or a ham sandwich. It's not that I'm a vegetarian or anything. I just hate the texture of meat. I especially hate eating the fat from meat.

I used to be a major germophobe when I was younger, and I've since grown out of it for the most part. But if someone handwashes silverware, I'll always run it through the tap one more time just to be sure.

I'm an arachnophobe, but I'm especially afraid of brown recluse spiders. Ever since the topic was brought up in one of my classes, I've been paranoid. Apparently they are common in my state and their venom causes necrosis, so I'm worried about one crawling into my bed and biting me on the [bleep] and making it rot off or something.

I'll make my bed and sleep on TOP of the sheets and comforter and maybe use some spare sheets as a blanket. I'm lazy, so sue me.

SWAG

Mayn U wanna be like me but U can't be me cuz U ain't got ma swagga on.

people are not allowed to touch my cellphone. they touch it, i KEEL YOU.

Oily, sweaty hands on MY touchscreen?

Nope.

exactly! and the same with playstation/xbox controllers.. its like srsly wash your hands..

School keyboards...

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

Eh I don't think I posted in this edition of this thread yet, so here goes:

I sort my M&M's by color and eat them in order: brown, blue, red and yellow (one of each at a time), green, orange.

I get my toothbrush wet, then put toothpaste on it, then get it wet again.

I pop my eardrums by blowing air into my nose while blocking my nostrils with my hand (did I explain that correctly?).

I randomly crack my big toes and knuckles.

I generally have at least 5 tabs open in Firefox, sometimes around 20.

I have one pen and one brand of mechanical pencil I will use, and freak out if they go missing. (I have mechanical pencils of the type I use that I've had for almost 6 years now.)

I can't type with a watch on.

I wear my watch on my right wrist, and am right-handed.

I can't lay on the floor and read a book comfortably.

I [pretty much] only wear khaki cargo pants.

The only class I use a pencil in is Calculus.

I take all my notes (except Calc) in black pen.

I hate blue pens.

I eat food 'in order', one type at a time (peas first, mashed potatoes second, steak last, etc).

Food items that are not supposed to touch MAY NOT TOUCH. Not even peas and mashed potatoes.

I always eat the bread product last at dinner (garlic bread, french bread, or roll).

I hardly ever eat breakfast.

I think that's it for now.

Eh I don't think I posted in this edition of this thread yet, so here goes:

I sort my M&M's by color and eat them in order: brown, blue, red and yellow (one of each at a time), green, orange.

I get my toothbrush wet, then put toothpaste on it, then get it wet again.

I pop my eardrums by blowing air into my nose while blocking my nostrils with my hand (did I explain that correctly?).

I randomly crack my big toes and knuckles.

I generally have at least 5 tabs open in Firefox, sometimes around 20.

I have one pen and one brand of mechanical pencil I will use, and freak out if they go missing. (I have mechanical pencils of the type I use that I've had for almost 6 years now.)

I can't type with a watch on.

I wear my watch on my right wrist, and am right-handed.

I can't lay on the floor and read a book comfortably.

I [pretty much] only wear khaki cargo pants.

The only class I use a pencil in is Calculus.

I take all my notes (except Calc) in black pen.

I hate blue pens.

I eat food 'in order', one type at a time (peas first, mashed potatoes second, steak last, etc).

Food items that are not supposed to touch MAY NOT TOUCH. Not even peas and mashed potatoes.

I always eat the bread product last at dinner (garlic bread, french bread, or roll).

I hardly ever eat breakfast.

I think that's it for now.

You are a strange man.

sig2-3.jpg

Three months banishment to 9gag is something i would never wish upon anybody, not even my worst enemy.

My friend used to have a weird habit involving doors. Whenever he wanted to knock on one, he first had to poke himself in the wrist with a thumbtack. Habbit lasted 2 years, until he eventually lost the use of his right hand due to it.

div>

^man, that sucks.

usually i don't notice stuff like this cause it feels natural

and i'm unaware of it happening.

one i can think of though is that if i'm aware of something

happened to the left side of my body, say putting my left

hand on my left knee then i have to replicate it with the

right side and put my right hand on my right knee.

i don't do it as much these days cause i can ignore the urge

to do so. makes me internally cringe though.

rc1tzc.png

☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢

Well, right now I'm basically tearing up the inside of my mouth by biting off small little chunks of the meat on the inside of my cheeks and lips. The worst part is I know I'm doing it, but I just can't resist the urge to do it, it's like I need something to do with my mouth when I'm not talking. I'll also chew on my tongue when I'm focusing, like I just did subconsciously while focusing on typing this message. Those are the weirdest ones that come to mind right now.

Okay this is kinda hard to explain, i've never been able to explain it before.

So like, when I walk, i count to 8 in my head and then up to 16 and 24 and 32 ect ect, and if I step on a crack, in comparison to where abouts my foot was when I stepped on the crack, my other foot has to step on the crack in the same place. And like, if the crack was on the top of my foot, I have to step on other cracks to make sure my foot gets to step on all the cracks if you know what I mean. Which you probably don't.

So if I step on the crack with the toes of my feet, there has to be 3 more cracks, and they have to be evenly spaced out across my feet for both feet, or it feels like, uneven when I walk. Yeah you guys probably don't get it, i'm [bleep]ing weird. :L

Music has to be on for me to sleep. Otherwise I just lie there thinking about what music I would want to be playing.

I'm really sensitive about my teeth. If I feel like they're not clean, I'll try and talk with my mouth closed as close as it can.

I can't drink water. It just tastes disgusting.

Once I click one of my fingers, I have to click them all.

Everything has to be even numbers, volume especially.

yeah if someone can explain or relate to that first one that would be nice.

I can't drink Brita water out of a glass, it takes on the flavor of the dish soap. I can only drink it from the jug, or an old pop/water bottle.

Just wash the glass out with tap water before using it. Same thing happens to me.

SWAG

Mayn U wanna be like me but U can't be me cuz U ain't got ma swagga on.

usually i don't notice stuff like this cause it feels natural

and i'm unaware of it happening.

one i can think of though is that if i'm aware of something

happened to the left side of my body, say putting my left

hand on my left knee then i have to replicate it with the

right side and put my right hand on my right knee.

i don't do it as much these days cause i can ignore the urge

to do so. makes me internally cringe though.

Yes. I do kind of this too. Or at least a variant.

If I step on a crack, in comparison to where abouts my foot was when I stepped on the crack, my other foot has to step on the crack in the same place. And like, if the crack was on the top of my foot, I have to step on other cracks to make sure my foot gets to step on all the cracks if you know what I mean. Which you probably don't.

So if I step on the crack with the toes of my feet, there has to be 3 more cracks, and they have to be evenly spaced out across my feet for both feet, or it feels like, uneven when I walk. Yeah you guys probably don't get it, i'm [bleep]ing weird. :L

Yeah. It doesn't help that my stride is a different length than all pavements ever in the world. I do this on tile too; I have to step every other or every third tile. Especially when the tile is patterened.

Along with the walking and the placing my hands in the same position, I have this compulsion to even my actions out. Like, if I'm walking and I hit my right hand on the side of my leg, I have to hit the left hand on the left leg the same way. If I mess up, and miss with my left hand and hit on the backswing, I have to miss with my right hand and hit on the backswing, then hit with my left the original way. If I hit with my right hand, then a different way with my left, then a third way with my right, it really [bleep]s me up because I can't fix the pattern. It's nothing anyone's ever noticed, but I do it and it annoys me.

I also have a similar thing with wiping off things I touch, though I don't do this all the time. But every once in a while, if I touch something, I have to wipe it off with my sleeve or a napkin. Except I have to hold it with my hand to wipe it off. So I have to wipe the part I touched. You see the problem? For a couple years in middle school, this was a huge problem for my mind. Eventually I suppressed the habit, but thinking about it now makes me really want to wipe off the part of my laptop my hands are resting on. :/

My skin is finally getting soft
I'll scrub until the damn thing comes off