Who Remembers...

geekoverlord

when law runes were 1k each, and law running had just discovered by the populus and it was profitable and entertaining to go to the alter, get free runes + see all the "famous" players at the time?

Oh, and who remembers when seeing Zezima was exicting? The first time i bumped into him i was like, O_O

Geekoverlord.png

98% Of teenagers surround their minds with rap music, if you're part of the 2% that stayed with rock, put this in your signature, ROCK IS BETTER!

Runescape has policies now?

archsupportei2.png

First barrows drop 12/12/08 - Aharims Robeskirt FTW XD

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

-Herbs were called "unids"

-Rune full helms were called "rune large"

-Santas were sold in the same area as the rest of the items in world 2 and their price was 200k.

-FREE ARMOR TRIMMING!!!

-Selling spinach rolls 1m!~~

-Selling "rare" black lobs

-Selling rune 110k!

-

-Herbs were called "unids"

-Rune full helms were called "rune large"

-Santas were sold in the same area as the rest of the items in world 2 and their price was 200k.

-

And D Meds were 1m - 1.5m and were the best armour in the game.

Geekoverlord.png

98% Of teenagers surround their minds with rap music, if you're part of the 2% that stayed with rock, put this in your signature, ROCK IS BETTER!

archsupportei2.png

Camping fire giants praying for that 2.4m d med that would quadruple your bank.

Training thieving to access the gem stall.

Training wc to cut magics.

"Perm buyers/sellers"

Join "DG Sweepers" Clan Chat for Dungeoneering Floors | Accepting all tipiters who are Willing to Learn |

Jelly.pngOccultEpicKeyer21.pngBladewing.png

What about theiving fur at the ardougne stall to sell to the guy in varrock?

Geekoverlord.png

archsupportei2.png

I remember when draynor was a center of trade, with many people trading in the area where there are now noobs cutting willow trees and dark wizards.

And as I recall, the the jailer near draynor used to boast that the key was held by an adamant chain. Which was from the time when adamant was the best armor in the game. Now it's a runite chain. Wonder why Jagex hasn't updated it to a dragonite chain?

I remember when draynor was a center of trade, with many people trading in the area where there are now noobs cutting willow trees and dark wizards.

That and W2 Fally/W1 Varrock west bank/W100 Seers

Also remember when drop parties were in Seers :P

1288581197250-1.jpg

LOL I remember the law runes thing, I was good friend with Carmen 21 when she started rc, she raced me on my main to see who could get 91 first (which was alot harder in the old days). Then Carmen became a leader of law running. I was totally out beat lol.

Gmcronus.png

Let's not forget the classic; mining in East Varrock, hauling ass down to lumbridge to smelt ores, going back to varrock to smith it, then selling it to the armour shops, all without banking whatsoever. Or handbaking bread for cooking exp.

That and W2 Fally/W1 Varrock west bank/W100 Seers

Also remember when drop parties were in Seers :P

Oooh yes, there were practically nonstop drop parties in the seers party room during the rs2 beta. So many glory amulets, dragonstones, and d meds thanks to the dupe.

Good times...

Being God if you had a dragon chain

Making 1m an hour was almost unheard of

Hatchets were called axe (not long ago, but still :P)

When saying your password "wasn't" blocked "Hey look!!! YOu can't say your password!! ************ Try it out!!"

There were no banks in Lumbridge

Dragon Scimitar being the best weapon, and considered hard to get

whatisrush-1.png

Fisher/Woodcut------Me-----Miner/crafter----Stabber----Leecher

^Golvellius must be so proud^

FlowerPower.png

This isnt to old, but who remembers when whips were like, 25m when slayer first came out?

Geekoverlord.png

archsupportei2.png

The time when banks only accepted cash. Those were the days!

Pirkka.png

40,919th person to access Turmoil. 21,559th person to access Overloads.

signatureteksti.png

Are there any hidden bonuses here?

No bonuses

I remember getting my first million GP and I spent it all on blood runes just so I could finally shoot air wave because I thought it looked so cool; bloods were 1k ea so I only had 1k bloods, lasted me a couple games. :smile:

Ah yes, the good ole' days, when I didn't care about money... Then again I was only 12.

--

First scam I fell for was the "trust scam". I forget how it went exactly but I lost my "addy plate" over it, so disappointed....

I remember getting my first million GP and I spent it all on blood runes just so I could finally shoot air wave because I thought it looked so cool; bloods were 1k ea so I only had 1k bloods, lasted me a couple games. :smile:

Ah yes, the good ole' days, when I didn't care about money... Then again I was only 12.

Reminds me of when I runecrafted 1K mind runes and 2K airs for training magic by casting fire strike on the white knights in Falador. :mellow:

Owner of a comp cape since February 11th 2012.

Reminds me of when I runecrafted 1K mind runes and 2K airs for training Magic. :mellow:

Haha, my method of training was even worse. I sat at black knights fortress to collect hundreds of chaos runes, the first time I did this I collected about 50, then found the red dragons and ran out, so the next day I literally spent all day collecting, within the first 10 minutes of killing Red Dragons I got pked by 2 rangers :-P

So inefficient but so much fun :) And I didn't get pissed off.

When there was 500 default characters per yew tree.

Taking 5 minutes to walk from fally center to fally park due to the mass of people.

35-40ing with whip was something spectacular.

Dharoks sets were 2M each.

No one pkd with summoning.

Will edit if I think of more

enaidlool.png

If you quote me please be sure to note that I'm extremely mad.

RUNE LARGE FOR LIFE!

Fishing lobsters on Karamja, walking all the way to Draynor to cert and bank them. Then selling the certs to cooks to earn the first 100k(biiiiig money).

Walking from Falador to Barbarian village when suddenly! there are really cool looking masks(honestly they looked much better in RS1) lying all around you! You pick them up and sell them for 30k each after a week or two.

Hanging around with a guy called Akeed, competing on who will manage to get full steel first.

Watching pictures of members world and playing was awesome.. Those dragon longswords looked really awesome in the inv, i've always wanted to have one(so when i became a member a couple months after RS2 was released i couldn't wait to do The Lost City quest and get it)

When speed of weapons didn't matter and r2h was the best weapon out there(in F2P).

Fun times. :)

chat.png

"Happines only real when shared."

[hide=Stats]Gago.png

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Gag0.png[/hide]

!! No one said it yet! I get to say it first!

I remember when there weren't "Do you remember" threads every 2 pages.

On a more serious note, I do believe there is already a topic on this.

On an on topic note:

Karamja Lobster fishing

Typing in green on RSC because all level ups were green, so you'd trick people into thinking they level'd.

When Dragon Slayer was an epic quest

When Pures came out

When you could choose classes when you started. (saruman44 was a miner)

When only one freaking person could talk to a banker at one time >.>

When certs were used.

When everyone thought Farming Boots actually did something. I sold 2 for 400k each. teehee.

I have all the 99s, and have been playing since 2001. Comped 4/30/15 

My Araxxi Kills: 459::Araxxi Drops(KC):

Araxxi Hilts: 4x Eye (14/126/149/459), Web - (100) Fang (193)

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)
Boss Pets: Supreme - 848 KC

If you play Xbox One - Add me! GT: Urtehnoes - Currently on a Destiny binge 

Getting done in by my only scam, the trust one. OMG I'M SO CLOSE TO GETTING ALL THAT SHIZZ, LET ME GO TO THE BANK AND GET MORE STUFF. Lost my life savings. Rune chain, platelegs, pickaxe, full helm. (I'm not sure if they were larges when I started and got one, don't think so, though)

I don't think I cried, but I was damn close after I see the guy run off saying 'Jacked, noob!'. I think I reported him ten times. I can still remember his name.

#KERR2016/17/18/19/20/21.

#rpgformod

I remember...

...when r2h was the best weapon in the game.

...when no one had 99 prayer yet

...running around in my first few days playing, searching for a scythe drop. And I did find one :D

...having the scythe be my best weapon for like 2 months, till I got silverlight and a bronze shield.

...getting full mith and a mith 2h, and hitting my first 6 on a guard in varrock

...getting a rune shortsword (all i had money for) from the champions guild

...hitting my first 9 on a hill giant with that rune shortsword

...attaining combat level 40 while training at hill giants with that rune shortsword

...thinking I was a high level when I hit combat level 40

...when Choppermad was #2 on hiscores, under zezima.

...training at chaos druids to bank the unids, and keeping the unids arranged in my bank, next to an ID'd herb so I always knew what pile was which.

...losing my first set of full rune due to dial up and disconnecting (i almost cried, it was such a long time ago)

...losing my first whip to a pk tricker, (drop 4 noted mystic tops, wait till I pick them up, then kill me)

...killing elvarg as my last hurrah in f2p before getting members a few months later.

...seeing the player "God" in varrock, east bank.

...pking with a good friend of mine, who no longer plays. We were very good.

...certs.

and so much more

pere_grin.png

before dungeoneering 2376 i thought sc was best minigame

when n0valyfe was the beast

when i smelted steel bars for a whip!

buying and selling sharks in world 2 for 99 cooking

StarViv.png