Who Remembers...

geekoverlord

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Everybody knew the top players because they were unique.

99 in a skill didn't get you a cape and it actually was an achievement and rarity to see.

Castle wars armour looked good

Castle wars was a simple mini-game needing little to no preparation.

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

- Rich members used dragon meds and chains

- West Varrock bank being always full of people especially on W1 (I still remember what items were traded in each area :) )

- Making money from cooking, smithing, fletching etc.

- Rune essence being 25-30 each, sold in east Varrock bank

- The release of hunter, Feldip Hills was full of people and it was almost impossible to tell one's own trap from the rest

- Dragon axe being just a fancier rune axe

- Dragon Chains Were 25m (Bought my first one for 22m back in the days)

- Heading to wild rouge den to make pizza's

- Varrock west bank only had 1 row of bankers

- Dragon bones were 800 gp each

I got a santa hat for free back then. i was next to some woman while she was chopping away and the only spirit tree pop'd up and killed her. She keep't black mystics and i got her santa :D sold for 2m :/

koolcookie0.png

Goals: 15m Slayer xp | 85 Herblore | 75+ All Stats | Chaotic Rapier | 125k/200k Tokens

Sadly I don't remember anything back in the old days...

OMGGGG WHY DID I START MY ACC IN SEPT 2007 AND NOT WAAAAY BACK LIKE EVERYONE ELSE D:

The only thing I remember was getting scammed 5k (my only cash at the time) trying to get a partner for Shield of Arrav quest.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

Who remembers... the titans??? :thumbsup:

-Mining at remmy, smelting at falador, smithing at dorics, selling to general store =)

-Laws 1k each

-Lobster Fishing

Ha Good old days >.>

Opeious.pngopei.png

Barrows Drops:....................................................Dragon Drops:...............Other Drops:

Dharok: 2 Helms, 1 Top, 2 Legs, 4 Axes.......................2 Claws Split..................1 Bandos Tassets

Karil: 1 Coif, 1 Top, 2 Skirt, 2 Crossbows......................3 Plate legs...................4 Berserker Rings

Ahrim: 3 Hood, 2 Top, 3 Skirt, 1 Staff..........................2 Plate Skirts.................2 Warrior Rings

Verac: 1 Helm, 3 Tops, 2 Skirts, 1 Flail..........................1 Med........................1 Archer Ring

Guthan: 2 Helm, 5 Tops, 1 Skirt, 0 Spear.....................1 Shield Half.................1 Seers Ring

Torag: 2 Helms, 2 Tops, 5 Legs, 1 Hammer....................4 Hatchets..................1 Missed Divine Sigil (was at bank -,- fml)

-Mining at remmy, smelting at falador, smithing at dorics, selling to general store =)

Oh god I think I did worse. I mined at dwarven mines, smelted at falador (but I couldn't walk through the miners guild), smithed back at the dwarven mine, walked back to fally and sold to gen store. Made like 1500 each time. Took me days to make 20k and my only goal was to get that rune pickaxe

1288581197250-1.jpg

Oh god I think I did worse. I mined at dwarven mines, smelted at falador (but I couldn't walk through the miners guild), smithed back at the dwarven mine, walked back to fally and sold to gen store. Made like 1500 each time. Took me days to make 20k and my only goal was to get that rune pickaxe

:smile:

-Back when I didn't know about banks, I died at scorpions at Al-Kharid =) , with 10k cash (thats all i had back then)

Opeious.pngopei.png

Barrows Drops:....................................................Dragon Drops:...............Other Drops:

Dharok: 2 Helms, 1 Top, 2 Legs, 4 Axes.......................2 Claws Split..................1 Bandos Tassets

Karil: 1 Coif, 1 Top, 2 Skirt, 2 Crossbows......................3 Plate legs...................4 Berserker Rings

Ahrim: 3 Hood, 2 Top, 3 Skirt, 1 Staff..........................2 Plate Skirts.................2 Warrior Rings

Verac: 1 Helm, 3 Tops, 2 Skirts, 1 Flail..........................1 Med........................1 Archer Ring

Guthan: 2 Helm, 5 Tops, 1 Skirt, 0 Spear.....................1 Shield Half.................1 Seers Ring

Torag: 2 Helms, 2 Tops, 5 Legs, 1 Hammer....................4 Hatchets..................1 Missed Divine Sigil (was at bank -,- fml)

glow1:buying all uncuts - sapphs 100 ems 200 rubies 500 dia 1k

99 dungeoneering achieved, thanks to everyone that celebrated with me!

♪♪ Don't interrupt me as I struggle to complete this thought
Have some respect for someone more forgetful than yourself ♪♪

♪♪ And I'm not done
And I won't be till my head falls off ♪♪

Buying 10 chocolate bars in Gnome Stronghold, exiting shop and buying another 10 chocolate bars.

[hide=Drops]Dragon: Spear x1, Med helm x3, legs x2, pickaxe x1, skirt x3, scimitar x1

Barrows: DH helm x1, Verac Brassy x2, Karil Skirt x1, Ahrim Hood x2, Guthan Spear

GWD: Arma Helm x1

Other: Handcannon x4, Leaf Bladed Sword x3[/hide]

I remember..

When RFD was released, and most people didn't realize how good the gloves were.

When running from the Ardounge lever to the Mage Bank was a really hard task with Pk'ers.

When the Grand Exchange wasn't around, and you actually had to trade Cooked for Raw fish.

The fletching guild in W132 was THE place to Fletch.

When the best weapon for a game of CW was Piety/Whip/Super Sets.

When there was no Construction, and you had to use the Ecto for Dragon Bones.

Rune Boots & Rune Armor were 200k each.

A Dragon Scimitar was the main Strength Training weapon.

The old lure scam/pk tricks in the low Varrock wilderness.

Turnpikes.png

Smithing those 10k+ steel bars in Al Kharid to sell to large smithing "companies" (Futureprofit, ...). Yep, was my main f2p income.

Legion.gif

Achieved quest (07/08/2009), woodcutting (28/06/2010), attack (21/07/2010), strength + constitution (07/08/2010), defence (26/09/2010), summoning (13/01/2011), herblore (03/03/2011), cook (31/08/2012), firemaking (01/09/2012), magic (08/09/2012), prayer (16/09/2012) and ranged (29/10/2012) capes.