Who Remembers...

geekoverlord

Attitudes definitely changed when Achievement Capes came out. No doubt about it. I remember a time when Legends and Obsidian capes were respectable combat gear, and the only way to check if someone was bs'ing about being level 99 was to check the hiscores.

I'm trying to find out what the first update after I joined was.. anyone know of a list of game updates by chronological order?

EDIT: nvm, found it. http://services.runescape.com/m=news/over-15000-runescape-accounts-banned-for-cheating

No RFD or Fairy Rings at that point. Klank's gauntlets, anyone?

first update when i joined: http://services.runescape.com/m=news/troll-romance-banks-and-chat

rocko510.png

99 Cooking Since 10/19/10|99 Magic Since 2/13/11|

Quest Cape Since April 2011

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have to post on this one, been playing since 01-02 sometime lol.

- Half the population of rs only wielding rune chains

- Have to say Rune Large again cause that's great haha

- Santas at 300k

- Cutting the two Yew trees in effecting

- Wayy back when killing wizards at the rune circle for natures to sell to a buddy for cash LOL

- Helplessly wondering al kharid to find nothing useful but ores wayy north =)

- Just for the sake of it, Free Trade :(

0dbe56f8.jpg

99Prayer|99Strength|99Cooking|99Constitution

Nostalgia...

Oh yes.

I remember when people would trade a Phat set for a whip. Same thing a year ago.. a Phat was basically worth an Elysian Shield.

Those were the days....

I believe a fact check is in order...

I have all the 99s, and have been playing since 2001. Comped 4/30/15 

My Araxxi Kills: 459::Araxxi Drops(KC):

Araxxi Hilts: 4x Eye (14/126/149/459), Web - (100) Fang (193)

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)
Boss Pets: Supreme - 848 KC

If you play Xbox One - Add me! GT: Urtehnoes - Currently on a Destiny binge 

Realizing that grinding was a good way to get things done.

For all you that had Runescape as your first MMO. ;)

The challenge of a mistake is not to avoid it. The challenge of a mistake is dealing with the outcome.

bc8ebae3b0.png

Proud of who I am and what I am.

Nostalgia...

Oh yes.

I remember when people would trade a Phat set for a whip. Same thing a year ago.. a Phat was basically worth an Elysian Shield.

Those were the days....

Lmfao. Yeah I'm not sure about that.. you claim they were worth more previously?

b sale

Yes. That's the good stuff lol

0dbe56f8.jpg

Nostalgia...

Oh yes.

Those were the days....

Lmfao. Yeah I'm not sure about that.. you claim they were worth more previously?

Not what I was referring to.

I have all the 99s, and have been playing since 2001. Comped 4/30/15 

My Araxxi Kills: 459::Araxxi Drops(KC):

Araxxi Hilts: 4x Eye (14/126/149/459), Web - (100) Fang (193)

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)
Boss Pets: Supreme - 848 KC

If you play Xbox One - Add me! GT: Urtehnoes - Currently on a Destiny binge 

Nostalgia...

Oh yes.

Those were the days....

Not what I was referring to.

Oops sorry misread your post >.<

0dbe56f8.jpg

- When the graphics were very very simple in 3D and your character had black slits for eyes. :D

- When PvP was like this.

- When whips were first around they were around 10 million gp? (Correct me on this.)

- When Granite mauls were like 2 million GP? (Again correct me on this.)

- When visiting world one Varrock west bank you couldn't see much for all the selling/buying. Same for world two Falador.

Let's not forget the classic; mining in East Varrock, hauling ass down to lumbridge to smelt ores, going back to varrock to smith it, then selling it to the armour shops, all without banking whatsoever. Or handbaking bread for cooking exp.

I did this variation. Falador mine, the LONG WAY (monks dirt path) to Falador to smelt, then to Doric's stupid anvil to smith, then Back to Falador to sell bronze chains to the Gen store. Gooood times haha. ;)

HAHA! I done this exact same thing for a few weeks until I was given some advice on it being a terrible way to get smith and mining exp.

casual_john.png

FFL

Varrok Museum drop parties

B Sale

Spam clicking banker to talk to him

Camping out in Varrock general shop W1 in classic waiting for someone to accidentally sell a rare or something because your inventory was in the same menu as the shops

It's been a hell of a ride.

2002-2013

@ran@

@ora@ plz

Dueling anywhere, no defense or attack requirements on armor and weapons. Seeing level 11s in rune..

I mined then walked back up to Falador to smelt, smith in Doric's house, sold to shops in Falador.

I also trained A LOT at the black knights in the Taverly Dungeon.

35b9enp.jpg

I remember my friend and I had a plan to make us rich! We would mine Iron in Fally and haul it up to the furnace, smelt it rinse repeat, we never did give up hope :rolleyes:

The Dark Mages scared the hell out of me outside Varrock! And the Demon was a mysterious being, I didn't dare fight.

I remember venturing to the wildy for the first time and seeing Moss Giants, Greater demons and thinking 'I am never ever gonna be able to fight these' ... A few years later :shades:

6660_6.jpg

I remember a santa being dropped on the docks in Port Sarim...

Saw it dissapear right before i even realized it was a santa...

I still think what if i just wasn't such a doubfull person (shall i pick that thing, shall i check that dot overthere to see what it is? nah, it's probalby a red bead someone dropped...)

I remember getting ranger boots and trying them out in the blue dragon dungeon south of Yanille...

Oh boy, i moved and suddenly the batteries of my wireless mouse died on me... I lost them, could not retrieve them because i had no spare batteries...

Later, the boots'price raised like hell!

I even remembering getting a third-age robe from a clue, i had like 500k back then and the robe was 9mill... sold it right away and i finally had money...

That was years ago, when they just came out... Now they are 21mill... I never had a serious drop since then...

Good old times...

I always checked red dots on the minimap. Once I got a mith sq shield and mith scimitar, when I couldn't even use them. I was so excited I told all my friends, then took about a week to train so I could use them. Before that, I found full steel and an addy pic from someone who died to those dark wizards of varrock, I was a level 7 so you can imagine how happy I was!! Trained to 31 mining then kept mining coal and made my first 20k. Got scammed for a rune (or iron) longsword, and took a couple more days to make another 20k for a real rune long.

Nowadays, I never check red dots...

Staurolite.png

remember the days wehn u used o train with phats c0z u were 1337.

had 2 sets + of them.

now not a single rare

but thts juz me been playn this game fer 9 years no skills 99 - no rares left anymore . . . did my best losing them 4 eva inthgame tho :P

I remember my first trips into the wilderness to explore at like level 20.

- Discovering all the ruins, and picking up the steel platelegs in the east ruins thinking how amazing it was that they respawned.

- Killing low levels with my iron set and thinking I was amazing.

- My first trips to the lava maze really impressed me, especially when I discovered the steel platebody and earth staff respawn.

- I made the east ruins my 'hideout'.

- Training prayer in the boneyard.

nooblolzp5.png

Part of Runescape since November 2004.