Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Who Remembers...

• Please log in to reply
146 replies to this topic

The Observer
[ Display Name History ]

The Observer

Lead the charge

• SwiftKit Staff
  • 12,959 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Retired
I remember b sales oh so clearly.

Unfortunately I joined a little bit late for the rubber chicken so instead the only event item I have from 2005 is the zombie head.

j0xPu5R.png

A_Fiasco
[ Display Name History ]

A_Fiasco

Spider Egg

• Members
  • 62 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
  • RSN:A Fiasco
I remember my friend and I had a plan to make us rich! We would mine Iron in Fally and haul it up to the furnace, smelt it rinse repeat, we never did give up hope :rolleyes:

The Dark Mages scared the hell out of me outside Varrock! And the Demon was a mysterious being, I didn't dare fight.

I remember venturing to the wildy for the first time and seeing Moss Giants, Greater demons and thinking 'I am never ever gonna be able to fight these' ... A few years later :shades:
Posted Image

coopvl
[ Display Name History ]

coopvl

Chicken Feather

• Members
  • 3 posts
I remember a santa being dropped on the docks in Port Sarim...

Saw it dissapear right before i even realized it was a santa...

I still think what if i just wasn't such a doubfull person (shall i pick that thing, shall i check that dot overthere to see what it is? nah, it's probalby a red bead someone dropped...)

I remember getting ranger boots and trying them out in the blue dragon dungeon south of Yanille...

Oh boy, i moved and suddenly the batteries of my wireless mouse died on me... I lost them, could not retrieve them because i had no spare batteries...

Later, the boots'price raised like hell!

I even remembering getting a third-age robe from a clue, i had like 500k back then and the robe was 9mill... sold it right away and i finally had money...

That was years ago, when they just came out... Now they are 21mill... I never had a serious drop since then...

Good old times...

All_Is_Great
[ Display Name History ]

All_Is_Great

Black Knight Trainer

• Members
  • 3,498 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Retired
I always checked red dots on the minimap. Once I got a mith sq shield and mith scimitar, when I couldn't even use them. I was so excited I told all my friends, then took about a week to train so I could use them. Before that, I found full steel and an addy pic from someone who died to those dark wizards of varrock, I was a level 7 so you can imagine how happy I was!! Trained to 31 mining then kept mining coal and made my first 20k. Got scammed for a rune (or iron) longsword, and took a couple more days to make another 20k for a real rune long.

Nowadays, I never check red dots...

Staurolite.png

lesta
[ Display Name History ]

lesta

Spider Egg

• Members
  • 56 posts
remember the days wehn u used o train with phats c0z u were 1337.
had 2 sets + of them.
now not a single rare
but thts juz me been playn this game fer 9 years no skills 99 - no rares left anymore . . . did my best losing them 4 eva inthgame tho :P

subz
[ Display Name History ]

subz

Goblin Armour

• Members
  • 80 posts
  • RuneScape Status:F2P
  • RSN:Akke 02
  • RSN2:Phoenix4560
I remember my first trips into the wilderness to explore at like level 20.

- Discovering all the ruins, and picking up the steel platelegs in the east ruins thinking how amazing it was that they respawned.

- Killing low levels with my iron set and thinking I was amazing.

- My first trips to the lava maze really impressed me, especially when I discovered the steel platebody and earth staff respawn.

- I made the east ruins my 'hideout'.

- Training prayer in the boneyard.
Posted Image

Part of Runescape since November 2004.

Wessan
[ Display Name History ]

Wessan

Scorpion Pit

• Members
  • 541 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
  • RSN:Wessan
May have been said already:

I remember when you would smelt bars a circular icon appeared above your head to announce to all the world what ore you were smelting.

wessan.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users