24-Nov-2010 - Tasks and Skill Targets

Pirkka

The old Achievement Diary interface has been replaced this week with something newer, shinier and more flexible, and with that comes a new name: Tasks!

Wherever you are in the world, the Tasks side interface will show you the six most suitable endeavours for your location and skill levels. From the side interface, you can also open up the Task List to view all Tasks in the game, sorted by area set (e.g. Lumbridge/Draynor) and difficulty. There are options here to filter out all completed Tasks or those that are not part of a set.

We've also added some additional Tasks into Lumbridge that are not part of the Lumbridge/Draynor set, which are aimed at players new to RuneScape. They wont pose a challenge to an experienced player, but they do pave the way for more non-set Tasks in the future. Completing these or any other Tasks is worth a bounty in cold, hard cash, and there's a music track and an emote waiting to be unlocked by those who complete enough of them.

Please note that the rewards for completing all of the Tasks in a set of the same difficulty level will still earn you the same items and XP lamps as the old Achievement Diaries did.

Weve also removed Objectives (and its tab from the side panel); Objectives only let you set a level target in one skill or track one quest. In its place weve added Skill Targets, which you can set by right-clicking on the icon of any skill in the side panels Stats tab. Although this means you can no longer set a quest as a target, it does mean that you can set individual targets for each and every skill, and that target can be either a level (anything up to 99; or 120 for Dungeoneering) or a specific amount of XP (anything up to 200,000,000)!

Pirkka.png

40,919th person to access Turmoil. 21,559th person to access Overloads.

signatureteksti.png

Are there any hidden bonuses here?

No bonuses

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The interface is a bit bulky and confusing (though that will come with time), great update to help new players engage with the game and get to learn the ropes though :thumbup:

SLwQsg1.png

"Unfortunately, the real world isn't the same as a fairy tale."

I couldn't help but think 'Achievement Unlocked' when I read some of the really cheesy titles. Still, it's a more elegant way of doing it once you accept its newness and foibles, and I approve.

...still not convinced to go back to members though.

~ W ~

sigzi.png

Welcome to Runescape: Xbox Edition.

The adventurer's log spam with dungeoneering was bad enough. Now we get annoying pop-ups.

My interest in this game has been on the wane, but this just puts the cherry on the icing. I definitely won't be online much. Those of you sticking around, enjoy the game.

As for safe mode, press S when the game is loading, Holiday.

Prepare to Die! Path of Exile RPG

1emk2e.png

"Think where man's glory most begins and ends, and say my glory was I had such friends." Yeats

I did enjoy getting spammed like 20x my first log in that i had 347 tasks complete. Also, 700k for all that, isn't that a bit OP'd? O.O

I want that emote now though (I'm an achievement-aholic)

<the49ronin> O_o methinks ard is acting mighty high and pretty -.-

<Ard_Choille> I am pretty

<Ard_Choille> fo shizzle

omfg runescape achievments failfailfailfailfail. Please jagex please just stop. It's Not fun It's not ingenieous. Popups every where @!#@!#@@@!!ACHIEVEMENT UNLOCKED@!@!!@@!!@!@]

If i wanted achievements to spam my computer monitor i would just play this or this

Petition to REMOVE "tasks" aka achievements.

pikatips001.pngjjjon123.png

pikatips002.pngjjjon123.png

pikatips003.pngjjjon123.png

pikatips004.pngjjjon123.png

pikatips005.png1,000 F2P Total Level Reached 10/8/10 !

[hide=Guides]Magic & Summoning Profit Spreadsheets! *UPDATES EVERY HOUR* (includes: High alch, Superheat, and Enchanting)

4 BETTER alternatives to flesh crawlers[/hide]

WOT WOT!

☉.☉☂

omfg runescape achievments failfailfailfailfail. Please jagex please just stop. It's Not fun It's not ingenieous. Popups every where @!#@!#@@@!!ACHIEVEMENT UNLOCKED@!@!!@@!!@!@

^ Wow, u must of learnt how to jump for such a big achievement like that. Gratz.

We should all get trophies to put in our poh. A huge wall of fame detailing how we know how to open the bank, close the bank, open the g.e, close the g.e etc. Be epic.

omfg runescape achievments failfailfailfailfail. Please jagex please just stop. It's Not fun It's not ingenieous. Popups every where @!#@!#@@@!!ACHIEVEMENT UNLOCKED@!@!!@@!!@!@]

If i wanted achievements to spam my computer monitor i would just play this or this

Or you could open your eyes and check the option in the interface that disables the achievement popups

*shrug*

Or you could open your eyes and check the option in the interface that disables the achievement popups

*shrug*

Yeah, because a 5 pixel X 5 pixel square with no labeling hidden away in the bottom left corner of a menu that you have open yourself is really that easy to find. :rolleyes:

Pixel sizes are a guess and yes I'm being sarcastic.

2d26mw.gif

Why can't the Big Bang be done by the hand of God?

It could have, but it is next to impossible because it also could have been caused by the flying spaghetti monster, or one of the other infinite number of deity possibilities.

*shrug*

Yeah, because a 5 pixel X 5 pixel square with no labeling hidden away in the bottom left corner of a menu that you have open yourself is really that easy to find. :rolleyes:

Thanks, i was looking for the so called "turn off popups" button and coundn't find it anywhere. They could have atleast put some words by it.

pikatips001.pngjjjon123.png

pikatips002.pngjjjon123.png

pikatips003.pngjjjon123.png

pikatips004.pngjjjon123.png

pikatips005.png1,000 F2P Total Level Reached 10/8/10 !

[hide=Guides]Magic & Summoning Profit Spreadsheets! *UPDATES EVERY HOUR* (includes: High alch, Superheat, and Enchanting)

4 BETTER alternatives to flesh crawlers[/hide]

WOT WOT!

☉.☉☂

OK I been playing for quite a few hours now and gaining smithing xp but my new bar on stat icon for goal hasnt changed.

Doesnt seem to be updating to me. Completely red lined. Unless you need a huge amount for it to jump along at stages.

So for me atleast it doesnt seem to work correctly. This is a goal over 99. :cry:

I mean I do presume that that red bar is meant to show progress.. Presumably meant to turn green.

edit: mine has gone green a bit at last, but it seemed do it when logged and came back on.. idk maybe glitch.

*shrug*

I found it the first time I was checking the interface. :blink:

But yeah, at least they added one.

I'm a little disappointed over how they did the thanksgiving event. The massive turkey invasion would have been a lot better as re-usable content in my opinion.

Kinda a PITA unless there is something new worth it.

Stonewall337.png
[hide=Drops]Araxxor Eye x1 Leg pieces x2
GWD: 5000 Addy bar Steam B Staff x3 Z Spear x6 Sara. Hilt x2 Bandos Hilt x2 (LS, Solo)SS x6 (1 LS)
Tormented Demons: Shard x6 Slice x5 Claws x9 Limbs x3
DKS: Archer x21 Warrior x31 Berserker x30 Axe x51[/hide]