Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

24-Nov-2010 - Tasks and Skill Targets

• Please log in to reply
66 replies to this topic

FirenLazah
[ Display Name History ]

FirenLazah

Dark Wizard Robe

• Members
  • 829 posts
  • RuneScape Status:None
  • RSN:Atomsk
I can finally set goals after a 99 skill :ohnoes:

Not sure I like this "xbox" take jagex has...taken.

Posted Image

jjjon123
[ Display Name History ]

jjjon123

Warrior of Redwall

• Members
  • 1,170 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
  • RSN:jjjon123
  • RSN2:Kirbybakatya

omfg runescape achievments failfailfailfailfail. Please jagex please just stop. It's Not fun It's not ingenieous. Popups every where @!#@!#@@@!!ACHIEVEMENT UNLOCKED@!@!!@@!!@!@]

If i wanted achievements to spam my computer monitor i would just play this or this
Petition to REMOVE "tasks" aka achievements.

Or you could open your eyes and check the option in the interface that disables the achievement popups

*shrug*

Yeah, because a 5 pixel X 5 pixel square with no labeling hidden away in the bottom left corner of a menu that you have open yourself is really that easy to find. :rolleyes:

Pixel sizes are a guess and yes I'm being sarcastic.

Thanks, i was looking for the so called "turn off popups" button and coundn't find it anywhere. They could have atleast put some words by it.
Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image1,000 F2P Total Level Reached 10/8/10 !

WOT WOT!

☉.☉☂

Bazzaminxer
[ Display Name History ]

Bazzaminxer

Skeleton Shield

• Members
  • 1,004 posts
  • RSN:Bazzaminxer
OK I been playing for quite a few hours now and gaining smithing xp but my new bar on stat icon for goal hasnt changed.

Doesnt seem to be updating to me. Completely red lined. Unless you need a huge amount for it to jump along at stages.

So for me atleast it doesnt seem to work correctly. This is a goal over 99. :cry:

I mean I do presume that that red bar is meant to show progress.. Presumably meant to turn green.

edit: mine has gone green a bit at last, but it seemed do it when logged and came back on.. idk maybe glitch.
VMeh BlogV >Miscellaneous Goals<
Posted Image

Den
[ Display Name History ]

Den

Movie Director

• Members
  • 8,257 posts
  • RSN:Rainy

omfg runescape achievments failfailfailfailfail. Please jagex please just stop. It's Not fun It's not ingenieous. Popups every where @!#@!#@@@!!ACHIEVEMENT UNLOCKED@!@!!@@!!@!@]

If i wanted achievements to spam my computer monitor i would just play this or this

Or you could open your eyes and check the option in the interface that disables the achievement popups

*shrug*

Yeah, because a 5 pixel X 5 pixel square with no labeling hidden away in the bottom left corner of a menu that you have open yourself is really that easy to find. :rolleyes:

Pixel sizes are a guess and yes I'm being sarcastic.

I found it the first time I was checking the interface. :blink:
But yeah, at least they added one.

I'm a little disappointed over how they did the thanksgiving event. The massive turkey invasion would have been a lot better as re-usable content in my opinion.

stonewall337
[ Display Name History ]

stonewall337

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 3,681 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Retired
  • RSN:Stonewall337
  • Clan:<Killing Time> of Dawnbringer
Kinda a PITA unless there is something new worth it.

Stonewall337.png

Drops

kingmickez25
[ Display Name History ]

kingmickez25

Skeleton Shield

• Members
  • 1,122 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Semi-Retired
  • RSN:KingMickez25
i think this update is good way to help new players.

I kinda got scared when i saw a bunch of text spam when i logged in.

The pop ups reminded me of the achievements on major gaming systems.

i am a quest cape person so i went to lumby to collect my reward i thought it was gonna suck

nope free 600k+ hey im happy free money but could this cause problems later on?

mughinn
[ Display Name History ]

mughinn

Unicorn Horn

• Members
  • 169 posts
checking some data people gave here, they're giving 2k per task, that seems somewhat extreme for tasks like "congratulations, you just moved by running"

Racheya
[ Display Name History ]

Racheya

A noob

• Editorial Panel
  • 7,253 posts
  • RSN:Bernkastel

checking some data people gave here, they're giving 2k per task, that seems somewhat extreme for tasks like "congratulations, you just moved by running"

Imagine this for lower level players, though. Newbies starting the game would find that sort of money invaluable!

Posted Image
I edit for the [Tip.It Times]. I rarely write in [My Blog]. I am an [Ex-Moderator].

mughinn
[ Display Name History ]

mughinn

Unicorn Horn

• Members
  • 169 posts
i'm not saying it's bad, but 2k just for running seems unbalanced. It may be a way for jagex to try make items more accesible for new players, but i feel this can only cause more inflation.

EDIT: just realized i'm wrong, each task gives different amounts of money, running gives 640 gp. Though iI still think it's a lot just for running.

Jeffwilson99
[ Display Name History ]

Jeffwilson99

Sheep love astroturf kiwi fruit sandwiches egg noodles rabbits

• Members
  • 4,232 posts
Yeah, 2.6k for mining a piece of tin. I remember having to actually work for my first money. And when I went and talked to explorer jack I got nearly 400k for tasks I've already completed...
Posted Image

stonewall337
[ Display Name History ]

stonewall337

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 3,681 posts

Imagine this for lower level players, though. Newbies starting the game would find that sort of money invaluable!

Depends on if we want the game that easy for noobs or not.

Stonewall337.png

Drops

FirenLazah
[ Display Name History ]

FirenLazah

Dark Wizard Robe

• Members
  • 829 posts
  • RSN:Atomsk
I remember getting my first 2k after cutting a bunch of willow logs. The hard manly way.

Sick of this babying jagex is doing to new players..

Posted Image

Den
[ Display Name History ]

Den

Movie Director

• Members
  • 8,257 posts
  • RSN:Rainy
Ahhh, I remember standing around world 2 for hours trying to get the armor I wanted. Now I can just go buy them within a few seconds.

Good old days. :thumbup:

Racheya
[ Display Name History ]

Racheya

A noob

• Editorial Panel
  • 7,253 posts
  • RSN:Bernkastel

You mean newbies? Well when you're at a low level even if you have that sort of money it's unlikely there's gonna be *very* much use for it yet. It's just a nice start, I think, saves them from running around asking for geepees.

Posted Image
I edit for the [Tip.It Times]. I rarely write in [My Blog]. I am an [Ex-Moderator].

Golvellius
[ Display Name History ]

Golvellius

Hobgoblin Killer

• Members
  • 1,685 posts
Nice Emote.
Best since agility.
Posted Image

Exclusive Legacy Mode Player

Golvellius.png

He just successfully trolled you with "courtesy" and managed to get a reaction out of you. Lol

RobocopIsWin
[ Display Name History ]

RobocopIsWin

Spider Egg

• Members
  • 74 posts
  • RSN:RobocopIsWin
  • RSN2:Svmsung3
  • Clan:Team Penguin
Mixed emotions for this part of the update.

(Rant rant rant below)

Tasks. It's rather pretty, but there seems to be a lot of clicking just to search and find out information about one task, making it a tad confusing. Granted, there is a fair bit more information once you click on the task, and I like the feature where they display what the requirements are for that specific task. They probably should separate the corresponding diary tasks more clearly; I can't tell which ones are which. And there are SO MANY TASKS (and a few are just random). :blink:

It's not all bad though, because I actually now have the urge to go do these tasks. And the new emote for completing all of them is HOT. DO WANT. :ohnoes:

Skill targets. It's a lot more friendly than the Objectives system in terms of setting goals, which I'm going to like a lot. However that text size is ungodly small compared to before. That's going to hurt the eyes of a few; even I can't see it very well. Hopefully they'll make it bigger. :shock:

Oh, and now that they've removed that tab where objectives once went, I always have the urge to click it now...It's so inviting! :mad: (I wonder what's going to go there in the future...)

tl;dr version: Great concepts, meh execution.
Posted Image

Quest cape first achieved September 20, 2010
534/534 Tasks completed. Taskmaster first achieved June 23, 2012

stonewall337
[ Display Name History ]

stonewall337

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 3,681 posts

You mean newbies? Well when you're at a low level even if you have that sort of money it's unlikely there's gonna be *very* much use for it yet. It's just a nice start, I think, saves them from running around asking for geepees.

I use noob and newbie interchangeably. I use idiot for what some people call "noob". Its a more fitting title.

Stonewall337.png

Drops

Leyenda
[ Display Name History ]

Leyenda

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 259 posts
  • RSN:Szeryng

If i wanted achievements to spam my computer monitor i would just play duuh

*shrug*

Yes, it is that easy to find

Hooray, newbies! Jagex should start making it harder for new players, and the video game equivalent of natural selection would prevent a good percentage of idiots from playing
Also, of course newbies would find it invaluable; the OP already said that the reward was too high
All skills 70+

Trails: 2 x Rune platebody (g)
Barrows: 1 x Dharok's legs
Drops: 1 x Dragon skirt | 1 x Dragon defender

CookMePlox
[ Display Name History ]

CookMePlox

Unicorn Horn

• Members
  • 247 posts
The amount of money you get as a reward is on a sliding scale based on your number of tasks completed it seems. If you have a new account, you only get 10 coins for completing a task.
"It takes a big man to cry, but it takes a bigger man to laugh at that man."

-- Jack Handey

Posted Image

ixfd64
[ Display Name History ]

ixfd64

Demon Vanquisher

• Members
  • 2,299 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Semi-Retired
  • RSN:ixfd64
  • RSN2:ixfd64 rs2
I can't seem to unlock the "Am I a Blademaster Yet?" task. I've killed a rat using all four combat styles, and I've even repeated it several times, to no avail. Is the task b0rked?
ixfd64.png

ARENAscape:

Baratus [AS] max hit: 166 with Moon Battle Hammer
ixfd64 [AS] max hit: 116 with (untitled spell #2)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users