Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

24-Nov-2010 - Tasks and Skill Targets

• Please log in to reply
66 replies to this topic

Jabuli
[ Display Name History ]

Jabuli

Skeleton Shield

• Members
  • 1,014 posts
  • RuneScape Status:None

I can't seem to unlock the "Am I a Blademaster Yet?" task. I've killed a rat using all four combat styles, and I've even repeated it several times, to no avail. Is the task b0rked?

Not sure if you already did, but try killing four rats, each with a different style, at the lumbridge swamp.

That worked for me

MightyMuddy
[ Display Name History ]

MightyMuddy

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 314 posts
I can't finish Morgan the Merrier. I have the clay ring but I don't have the option to sell it to him.

ixfd64
[ Display Name History ]

ixfd64

Demon Vanquisher

• Members
  • 2,299 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Semi-Retired
  • RSN:ixfd64
  • RSN2:ixfd64 rs2
Yay, that worked! Thanks for your help. :)

I was killing the rats in the castle, which didn't work for some reason.

edit: Another strange thing: the task did not disappear from my task panel until I logged out and back in. It seems that the new task system is a bit buggy.
ixfd64.png

ARENAscape:

Baratus [AS] max hit: 166 with Moon Battle Hammer
ixfd64 [AS] max hit: 116 with (untitled spell #2)

muggiwhplar
[ Display Name History ]

muggiwhplar

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 8,002 posts

I can't seem to unlock the "Am I a Blademaster Yet?" task. I've killed a rat using all four combat styles, and I've even repeated it several times, to no avail. Is the task b0rked?

Not sure if you already did, but try killing four rats, each with a different style, at the lumbridge swamp.

That worked for me

1. Make sure you're killing GIANT rats... it didn't count when I killed the tiny ones. Go kill them in Lumbridge swamp.
2. Don't change your attack style until after the rat has disappeared. If you kill it on accurate but switch to aggressive before its death animation is complete, it counts as an aggressive kill.

77yLQy8.png

Youmu
[ Display Name History ]

Youmu

Retired Website Crew

• Members
  • 4,622 posts
For the rat task, the "controlled" option does NOT work on scimitars and maces... just a heads up.

Also, a lot of these tasks are too overly easy... and ultimately pointless. But at least the ability to do certain Varrock/Falador tasks in f2p is nice.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

ForsakenMage
[ Display Name History ]

ForsakenMage

Retired Website Crew

• Members
  • 6,856 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
  • RSN:ForsakenMage
  • RSN2:Pengew Ami
  • Clan:EoE
I actually had some fun doing these. :D

Plus hey, something to look forward to for completing ALL the diaries. Shame there's no way I'll be able to do that in the near future. :lol: Oh well. I honestly like this style better, even though it feels a bit too much like WoW for me with the little window popping up. I still love it though! :D

timmmmm83
[ Display Name History ]

timmmmm83

Scorpion Pit

• Members
  • 552 posts
Weird update this... It is more confusing and +- the same as the old achievement diaries, why change them? <_<

And is this update bugged?
For me:
Lumbridge 120/120 completed
Varrock 62/62 completed
Falador 44/44 completed
Seers 40/40 completed
Ardougne 61/61 completed
Karamje 47/47 completed
Fremennik 39/39 completed
DDs 0/0
gives 413/417 tasks completed

Yesterday I tried catching implings and I defeated Bork, task total didn't update. <_<

Turnpike
[ Display Name History ]

Turnpike

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 266 posts
  • RSN:Turnpikes
  • Clan:PvMS
I am really disappointed at how high level they are basing the game now..I mean I can understand, but damn. :\

Turnpikes.png

timmmmm83
[ Display Name History ]

timmmmm83

Scorpion Pit

• Members
  • 552 posts

I am really disappointed at how high level they are basing the game now..I mean I can understand, but damn. :\

How do you mean?

Are you talking about the tasks that used to be in the elite diaries?

Youmu
[ Display Name History ]

Youmu

Retired Website Crew

• Members
  • 4,622 posts

Weird update this... It is more confusing and +- the same as the old achievement diaries, why change them? <_<

And is this update bugged?
For me:
Lumbridge 120/120 completed
Varrock 62/62 completed
Falador 44/44 completed
Seers 40/40 completed
Ardougne 61/61 completed
Karamje 47/47 completed
Fremennik 39/39 completed
DDs 0/0
gives 413/417 tasks completed

Yesterday I tried catching implings and I defeated Bork, task total didn't update. <_<

There are 4 hidden tasks in Lumby (cut a log, burn a log, catch a crayfish, cook a crayfish).

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

Shangdi
[ Display Name History ]

Shangdi

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 318 posts
  • RSN:Long Huangdi
I also got a task completion message with 'Must be funny living in a rich man's world' right after getting 575k from Jack, anyone else know about this one?
A funny conversation
Rare drops: 4 D legs, 1 D skirt
Barrows items: 2 Verac's helms, 1 Dhorak's Greataxe, 1 Dhorak's platelegs, 2 Karil's leathertops, 1 Karil's crossbow, 1 Guthan's chainskirt

Quest cape achieved 28 Dec, 2009, lost with Nomad's Requiem, re-obtained on 19 Mar 2010.

Fire cape achieved 1 Nov 2010.

Rhonda
[ Display Name History ]

Rhonda

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 255 posts
  • RSN:Rhonda Snord
  • RSN2:Kitt Fox
  • Clan:Cloud Cobra
Larger font size pl0x?
Posted Image

MstrMonopoly
[ Display Name History ]

MstrMonopoly

Varrock Guard

• Members
  • 1,369 posts
  • RSN:MstrMonopoly

I also got a task completion message with 'Must be funny living in a rich man's world' right after getting 575k from Jack, anyone else know about this one?

If you get more than 100 gp from a task, you get a free task completed message.

I piety the fool.

timmmmm83
[ Display Name History ]

timmmmm83

Scorpion Pit

• Members
  • 552 posts

There are 4 hidden tasks in Lumby (cut a log, burn a log, catch a crayfish, cook a crayfish).

Thank you so very much!!

Emote is epic btw... :grin:

Mirror
[ Display Name History ]

Mirror

Use Herring -> Tree

• Members
  • 7,247 posts
  • RSN:Mirrorforced
That was fun. I don't normally play but doing the free Lumbridge tasks that just came out got me all excited. Plus the free money wasn't a push over either. :P
A reflection is just a distorted reality held by glass and your mind.

Posted Image

Indizle
[ Display Name History ]

Indizle

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 378 posts

For the rat task, the "controlled" option does NOT work on scimitars and maces... just a heads up.

Also, a lot of these tasks are too overly easy... and ultimately pointless. But at least the ability to do certain Varrock/Falador tasks in f2p is nice.

Odd, I did it with a dragon scimitar and it worked. Just make sure you wait for the (giant) rat to disappear completely before switching styles.

Ginger_Warrior
[ Display Name History ]

Ginger_Warrior

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 8,044 posts
  • RSN '07:CN G Warrior

I don't understand your gripe with this, really. I'm assuming you're being sardonic by that statement.

The old Elite tasks are still in the new task system, so there's definite content for high levels, but they've integrated those with the old Lumbridge Guide/Objectives systems that were designed to educate new players on the game's basics concepts (like, mining ores to smelt weapons, using weapons to gain resources, using resources to train skills). They've put it all together into one slick new system.

I can understand it's annoying for high levels to be engaging in tasks which appear menial, and they could maybe have put in a system so they didn't have to, but I wouldn't draw any generalisations on how Jagex are 'basing the game now' from this update.

There's something for everyone, which frankly, is how an RPG should be.

Sir_Kurity
[ Display Name History ]

Sir_Kurity

Black Knight Trainer

• Members
  • 3,370 posts
  • RSN:Sir Kurity
  • RSN2:Estorrath
I totally dont get this update at all.

Its kinda cool to do something completely random like putting on a weapon and getting "AHCIEVMMENTT UNLOCKKEEDDD" (as if its some sort of achievement...).
O.O

Krampell
[ Display Name History ]

Krampell

Demon Vanquisher

• Members
  • 2,306 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Semi-Retired
  • RSN:Krampell
  • RSN2:Echo Toast

Its kinda cool to do something completely random like putting on a weapon and getting "AHCIEVMMENTT UNLOCKKEEDDD" (as if its some sort of achievement...).

Well, running and using the minimap to move is some kind of achievement.

Anyway, I'm waiting for the Hard and elite Misc tasks to be released, currently, there's only beginner achievements.

Proud owner of the following skillcapes: Defence, Hitpoints, Strength, Attack, Magic, Summoning, Ranged, Slayer, Prayer and Herblore.
I drift in and out, trying some update that interests me.

SwreeTak
[ Display Name History ]

SwreeTak

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,739 posts
  • RSN:SwreeTak
  • Clan:Arcane Chroniclers

Yes, it certainly makes the game feel cooler, but the old achievements were in my opinion better. Though this "Achievement Unlocked"- like update thing is certainly nice to get :D.

lGxorje.png

Add me if you so wish: SwreeTak

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users