Does Jagex overlook simple details?

Leyenda

I can carry whole sets of armor, stacks of 1k+ runes which are the size of a plate each, and a dwarf cannon in my pocket.

Sorry but what planet do you live on? Runes are nowhere near that big as you can see in the rune-crafting animation.

Granted they r bigger on the floor, but must items are enalrged or shrunken to fit onto 1 floor tile and have a decent "clickable area"

I direct you to seeds

Even so about the size...how can you carry a stack of 1k of them?

No need to get mad at me for posting in a fun thread.....

What about the RC cape animation? It shows runes the size of your head.

Trapt45.png

Internal inconsistency, well, err... god wars generals are so weak... and there's a bazillion godswords in the game.

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

-your character can eat an entire shark and monkfish in one bite

You can also eat a Runescape peach in one bite (those things are huge)

Um, from where I live...There only the size of a tennis ball. >.> You guys must like them there or something.

Have you ever dropped a peach? (in Runescape)

All skills 70+

Trails: 2 x Rune platebody (g)

Barrows: 1 x Dharok's legs

Drops: 1 x Dragon skirt | 1 x Dragon defender

It's magic, because the ending point is just a pool - not connected at all.

Actually, the idea is that you go under the bridge, through some small underground cave river thing, then surface at the pool. Which, ignoring the bridge, still leaves the question of breathing. Either that or how there can be air underground there and yet have a pool above that.

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.
[spoiler=The rest of my sig. You know you wanna see it.]

my difinition of noob is i dont like u, either u are better then me or u are worst them me

Buying spins make you a bad person...don't do it. It's like buying nukes for North Korea.

Well if it bothers you that the game is more fun now, then you can go cry in a corner. :shame:

your article was the equivalent of a circumcized porcupine

The only thing wrong with it is the lack of a percentage for when you need to stroke it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png
Poignant Purple to Lokie's Ravishing Red and Alg's Brilliant Blue.

Some dude without knives can give you a sexchange.

Oh yeah and its cheap too.

That's realistic in some countries. Mexico, for example.

Really? Without knives? What is this trickery of which you speak??

Never underestimate a Mexican doctor. ;)

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

Some dude without knives can give you a sexchange.

Oh yeah and its cheap too.

That's realistic in some countries. Mexico, for example.

Really? Without knives? What is this trickery of which you speak??

Never underestimate a Mexican doctor. ;)

I.... Will have to take your word for it.

I think many of the replies to this thread stray quite a bit away from the intended topic... Actually, all of them do. The given beginning example is obviously something that has been overlooked while almost every reply is... Game mechanic...

I will admit however that there is a fine line separating some examples here. I'd say that conistency definitely meets that line, such as the RC emote and rune sizes - they are likely large in the emote because it's meant to be showing off, and large on the ground because they need that large click-able area, but I think it's obvious that runes are tiny, perhaps American quarter sized.

God Wars Dungeon bosses aren't explained well as far as I am aware, although this can be half-assedly remedied by simply making the doors far larger, or some more boss-specific elements such as making Kree'arra's room have a frozen-over hanger door, or the Kril Tsutsaroth's room having a large pool of lava he could have crawled out of. It doesn't really make sense in the first place for them to be in rooms by themselves, but mechanically speaking if they were out in the main room it would be like DKs x 10. Also, the bosses would pretty much 1- or 2-hit most any of the enemy combatants. Technically Zamorak's faction was against all three others so 3v1 wouldn't be too mechanically sound either. The way the GWD is now is practically the "easiest out" they could think of while still partially simulating a war frozen in time.

It really is far more difficult to think of something that simply should not be when you realize this. The reason the example is different is because it isn't being explained away with Magic or something, lol... It's simply an impassible barrier.

2dgucz6.png

Well if u actually think about it, in this game humans are more powerful than dragons cyclopes and tons other mythological creatures that should be impossible to beat. And u can have 99 strength and still look like a puny noob as well. Wheres my pre-governor Arnold muscles?? lol

99 Fletching 99 Attack 99 Constitution 99 Cooking 99 Strength

Gamertag: H8tebringer

h8tebringer-siggy-bloodskull-1.jpg

God Wars Dungeon bosses aren't explained well as far as I am aware, although this can be half-assedly remedied by simply making the doors far larger, or some more boss-specific elements such as making Kree'arra's room have a frozen-over hanger door, or the Kril Tsutsaroth's room having a large pool of lava he could have crawled out of. It doesn't really make sense in the first place for them to be in rooms by themselves, but mechanically speaking if they were out in the main room it would be like DKs x 10. Also, the bosses would pretty much 1- or 2-hit most any of the enemy combatants. Technically Zamorak's faction was against all three others so 3v1 wouldn't be too mechanically sound either. The way the GWD is now is practically the "easiest out" they could think of while still partially simulating a war frozen in time.

Easiest way to explain that: The grunts are out on the field while the generals are in relative safety where they do the planning. This system of separating the generals from those doing the fighting and those ordering the fighters to fight is not uncommon in the real world, and although the generals could never be defeated one on one, them being present on the battlefield would surely end up in a fifty on one gangbang, which would kill virtually any general in a matter of seconds and potentially cause the faction to lose that particular battle, due to the massive loss of morale. As such, they enchanted the doors in a manner that would disqualify all but the best on the battlefield, those who had managed to kill forty of the general's minions. I think it's safe to assume that there were no minions on the battlefield who would ever rack up that many kills, let alone be strong enough after that fight to take on the general.

As for the general's rooms, the accommodations and access suggests that the rooms were build to suit the general's, not merely chambers that they just happened to come across. I've already talked about the door, but even the method of access is suited to that god.

K'ril's chamber requires the entrant have a strong constitution, with the area itself being a place of hopelessness and fear. To repeat the phrase, "you don't have a prayer," the entrant is drained of faith in their god (drained prayer points) and the area itself is even dimly lit. In K'ril's case, he likely operates on the idea that anyone strong enough to kill forty of his minions would never have the strength (700 life points) left to make it past his first barrier, which he was right: K'ril's camp happens to be the only one in the God Wars Dungeon devoid of creatures from other factions.

Saradomin's chamber is located at the bottom of a depth two rope-lengths long. Unlike K'ril's death wade, Zilyana's plans, while not as sadistic as K'ril's, are also not as fool proof. While Bandos' forces would likely be too heavy to rope down, and Armadyl not willing to attack Saradomin's general, those two factions do not appear. There are, however, werewolves (likely found a way down jumping from rock to rock), vampires (flew down), and a gorak (looks like a goat, may have jumped down) around the encampment. The depth does hint at contempt toward's the grunts on the battlefield, as Zilyana is the only person who could easily get in or out.

Armadyl, I think, is obvious. The grapple ensures that only Armadyl's forces can get in or out, although a little more of the story presents itself. Armadyl may have been colluding with Zamorak behind the scenes, possibly because of the mass genocide of the Aviance's both on and off the battlefield that was occuring. You can see this in the fact that Zamorak's forces are present in Kree'Arra's encampment, yet the two sides barely fight one another. Saradomin and Bandos creatures do not appear, likely because Saradomin would not attack Armadyl's base, but more likely because neither have much to offer in terms of flying creatures.

Bandos' stronghold is also an obvious one. He who has enough strength after killing forty of Bandos' men, a feat enough in itself, to bang the gong may gain entry. Zamorak is the only other deity that appears in Bandos' area, which may suggest a small alliance out of common bloodlust, but may suggest that (in Runescape's lore) the bloodveld, hellhound, and gorak may be stronger than we thought. The imps likely made it in due to their Impish trickery (teleportation).\

As for the Zamorak Vs All bit, the God Wars Dungeon was a fight over who could obtain the god sword first. It was a desperate clash to get to the prize, and all ties were off in the heat of confusing, disorienting battle. In the lesser heated areas, you can see a better idea of the ties, as I've shown above. Zamorak has a presence in nearly all of the bases, while neither Saradomin nor Armadyl clash in each other's encampments, despite ease of access in some cases. Zamorak appears in Bandos' encampment but the two factions don't do much fighting.

I'll tie this up. I have to go to work.

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

That very same picture shows another one:

Where on earth does that bridge go? Noone builds a bridge out of awesome stone to then proceed to dig a drug-tunnel under a wall...

Think back before the GE was created into existence. :P There was no wall then!

We must have hair extensions in game because I can go from extremely short hair to extremely wild and outrageous long hair. :P

But yea, it's all because of game mechanics. If the game were made to be like real life, it'd be so complicated that people wouldn't want to play it as much. :x (Think about it, in first person shooter games, if you get shot you're usually going to fall down after the first hit if not die... And yet the characters just keep on running...)

But yea, it's all because of game mechanics. If the game were made to be like real life, it'd be so complicated that people wouldn't want to play it as much. :x (Think about it, in first person shooter games, if you get shot you're usually going to fall down after the first hit if not die... And yet the characters just keep on running...)

The ARMA series has a pretty deep following, and you'll often die from one hit getting shot from 200-300km away if you're not careful enough.

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

berserker ring and BCP are same size on floor.

Stonewall337.png
[hide=Drops]Araxxor Eye x1 Leg pieces x2
GWD: 5000 Addy bar Steam B Staff x3 Z Spear x6 Sara. Hilt x2 Bandos Hilt x2 (LS, Solo)SS x6 (1 LS)
Tormented Demons: Shard x6 Slice x5 Claws x9 Limbs x3
DKS: Archer x21 Warrior x31 Berserker x30 Axe x51[/hide]