Anybody Else Give Up on Combat?

Maze

Runescape is a choir.

Then why are you not singing?

OT:

I was in the same position a while ago. Then I decided to try out slayer for a while, and from about 80 melees, all the way to where I am now, all I have done was slayer. I found a way to train that I liked, so I would advise you to go try out different types of training methods. You don't have to camp AZ's or anything to train melee stats.

Because I orchestrated a typo which I would have never found without the kind assistance of xtroll...

Exclusive Legacy Mode Player

Golvellius.png

He just successfully trolled you with "courtesy" and managed to get a reaction out of you. Lol

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For me, and a lot of other people, we maxed out melee stats and such long before things like Dungeoneering and Summoning. I personally got my level 126 October 2007, by which point I was working on soloing GWD in order to get the best gear/money for the best gear. I had a solo Arma Hilt by the end of the year. Then Summoning came out. I had long envisioned the level 126 cap popping like a soda cap under pressure. Now the day I envisioned had arrived, and the race to 138 was on. I didn't see it as a chore, but as something that had to be done, and that would be done. By the end of Feb 08, I had soloed a second Arma Hilt as well as 3 Sara Hilts from a week at the "safespot" before it was taken out. Those Hilts were over 100m each. By the time Overloads came out, I dropped the 80m or so to power up to them like it was nothing. When Dungeoneering came out, I jumped on the chance to get a CLS. And on and on it will go as more combat updates are released.

Lugia_Lvl138.png

4x Phat owner: Blue, Green, 2x Purple

3100+ GWD bosses soloed.

Solo GWD Drops:

5 Bandos Plates, 4 Bandos Boots, 3 Bandos Hilts, 2 Arma Helms, Arma Skirt, Arma Plate, 3 Arma Hilts, 4 Zammy Spears, Steam Staff, 15 Sara Swords, 6 Sara Hilts, 29 Shards.

Combat is all I used to do. Combat junkie. Recently I have taken up skilling, and for whatever reason, I went from abhorring it, to absolutely loving it. In fact, the last bit of combat I did was simply to get the Shilo 75 points task done for the Karamja diary.

Just spread out your time over multiple skills, and *everything* becomes less boring.

Runescape is a choir.

OT:

I was in the same position a while ago. Then I decided to try out slayer for a while, and from about 80 melees, all the way to where I am now, all I have done was slayer. I found a way to train that I liked, so I would advise you to go try out different types of training methods. You don't have to camp AZ's or anything to train melee stats.

Because I orchestrated a typo which I would have never found without the kind assistance of xtroll...

Offtopic, but I wanted to point that out as well.

Anyways, either take a break and skill, or stop staring at longterm objectives. Besides, once you get max combat/herb/chaotics, best gear, etc.... all you have left is killing jad w/o prayer switching and solo'ing corp lol. Jagex never updated boss monsters for things like overloads and chaotics....

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.
[spoiler=The rest of my sig. You know you wanna see it.]

my difinition of noob is i dont like u, either u are better then me or u are worst them me

Buying spins make you a bad person...don't do it. It's like buying nukes for North Korea.

Well if it bothers you that the game is more fun now, then you can go cry in a corner. :shame:

your article was the equivalent of a circumcized porcupine

The only thing wrong with it is the lack of a percentage for when you need to stroke it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png
Poignant Purple to Lokie's Ravishing Red and Alg's Brilliant Blue.

26.4m attack exp and still working my way towards 99 slayer, so no, I haven't given up on combat. However, I have 99 summoning and 86 dungeoneering (Chaotic Rapier) so it really isn't much of a hassle for me to train.

99 HP, Attack, Strength, Defence, Summoning, Ranged, Herblore, Prayer, Agility, Magic, Slayer, Fletching, Fishing, Woodcutting, Mining, and Thieving.

Jagex'd out of my untrimmed hp cape on 6/14/2011.

Uh, opposite, I think. I can't stand to train most non-combat skills anymore, and already have all combat 99s, so... :unsure:

I'd like to say that I've gone through all the flaming hoops to get the best gear aside from a DSS. I even masochisted my way through Mobilsing Armies!!

I'm not really sure that I can see how combat is more boring or tedious than other things.

I'm wondering, then, what DO you find enjoyable now?

2dgucz6.png

If I didn't give up training to 85 slayer without a black mask, Bandos armor, fury, piety, bunyip, excalibur, etc., I don't see why noobs these days should give up on combat just because "bawwww some people are BETTER than me!" The fact is, regardless of how put-upon you feel, you still have it WAY better than before a lot of these updates came out.

Join "DG Sweepers" Clan Chat for Dungeoneering Floors | Accepting all tipiters who are Willing to Learn |

Jelly.pngOccultEpicKeyer21.pngBladewing.png

Even perfect people can make mistakes.

Doesn't that contradict the definition of 'perfect'? :P

Doesn't that contradict the definition of 'sarcasm'? :P

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

Even perfect people can make mistakes.

Doesn't that contradict the definition of 'perfect'? :P

Doesn't that contradict the definition of 'sarcasm'? :P

If a perfect person does a 'perfect' kill on Tekken, while intending to die with 90% of hp bar left, is that person still perfect, or is the mistake perfect? If the mistake is perfect would the person still be perfect???

if you give up on combat, then you also give up on the most rewarding aspect of this game.

i find combat the most fun thing in runescape, so the day i give up combat is the day i give up runescape entirely lol.

This. Also, OP has hardly touched combat. That's like saying you can have an opinion of dungeoneering after getting it to level 50-60.

But seriously, combat is by and far my favorite aspect of Runescape.

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

That's like saying you can have an opinion of dungeoneering after getting it to level 50-60.

No it's not...you can have an opinion about it at that level.

"I don't like dungeoneering" is an easy example of an opinion they could have.

whatisrush-1.png

Fisher/Woodcut------Me-----Miner/crafter----Stabber----Leecher

^Golvellius must be so proud^

FlowerPower.png

That's like saying you can have an opinion of dungeoneering after getting it to level 50-60.

You can't accurately judge a skill when you're that low. You can say you don't like it but the fact is that it changes completely toward the 70s and keeps getting better. I hated dungeoneering at 60 but I understood that, like any skill, it was probably going to suck until I had actually tried it. At 60 you've not scratched the surface of most skills.

Join "DG Sweepers" Clan Chat for Dungeoneering Floors | Accepting all tipiters who are Willing to Learn |

Jelly.pngOccultEpicKeyer21.pngBladewing.png

You can't accurately judge a skill when you're that low. You can say you don't like it but the fact is that it changes completely toward the 70s and keeps getting better. I hated dungeoneering at 60 but I understood that, like any skill, it was probably going to suck until I had actually tried it. At 60 you've not scratched the surface of most skills.

At 60 you haven't hit the grindfest/fastest method of leveling.

All of this is ture. Until you reached a high enough point in the skill you cannot say you hate it. You can say combat is tedious, yes, but there are coupled skills with it like slayer, summoning, dungeoneering and other skills that u can obtain other useful things from like herblore drops, bones for prayer, and ofcourse there are boss monsters and other fun minigames that all rely on combat (CW, Stealing Creation, Soulwars etc.) but its all really up to the player since it is a game for that reason. but dont put down combat just yet. Try it some more n dnt worry about high ticket items at ur level. Its honestly a waste to buy now.

99 Fletching 99 Attack 99 Constitution 99 Cooking 99 Strength

Gamertag: H8tebringer

h8tebringer-siggy-bloodskull-1.jpg

Runescape is a choir.

♪♫ Runescape ♪♪

@ OP: Seeing as how you can't wield chaotic weapons anyway, maybe you should try raising some non-combat skills and see how you feel about combat later

All skills 70+

Trails: 2 x Rune platebody (g)

Barrows: 1 x Dharok's legs

Drops: 1 x Dragon skirt | 1 x Dragon defender

At 60 you haven't hit the grindfest/fastest method of leveling.

/intrinsic misunderstanding of dungeoneering.

And what Green said. Sure, you CAN have an opinion of dungeoneering at only level 60, technically, but that makes you an idiot. No one likes idiots.

dgs5.jpg

I dont see how having an opinion on dungeoneering after ~10+ hours doing the skill makes you "an idiot".

Lol? Because at 60 you've hardly begun to scratch the surface of the skill, obviously. That's so obvious, in fact, that I feel the need to repeat that sentence for emphasis. Because at 60 you've hardly begun to scratch the surface of the skill, obviously.

dgs5.jpg