Anybody Else Give Up on Combat?

Maze

[hide]

I actually lol'd at all of you misunderstanding what I posted. However, because this seems to be my fault for not being more clear, I'll attempt to clarify my stance:

- IN DUNGEONEERING (notice that I said 'dungeoneering' and not 'runecrafting'), tactics and knowledge are gained through experience more than anything else. You can read up on theory and strategy all you want, but it won't help you if you don't try it and master it.

- Because there's such a vast difference between the experience of a level 60 dungeoneer and a level 100 dungeoneer, forming an opinion of the skill at such a low level (60) is shortsighted and tantamount to, again, watching 30 seconds of a movie and declaring that its a bad movie. It's not like other skills -- you are not doing the same thing from 1 to 120.

- Implying that dungeoneering is the same from 1 to 120 is implying that every level 60 dungeoneer could be given a completely maxed account, thrown onto a team, and be expected to perform just as well as a real 120 dungeoneer. Obviously this does not happen. For proof, look at the difference between 117 and 3BO. Surely world 117 teams would be just as good as 3BO teams if dungeoneering was exactly the same from level 1 to 120. The difference is experience (and I don't mean EXP).

- No, there is not some magic level at which you become a pro dungeoneer. A few of you keep saying that and I can't imagine why.

- Knowing basic skill mechanics does not make one experienced at dungeoneering.

BOTTOM LINE: It is unreasonable to form a negative opinion of dungeoneering before you've really delved into the skill.

[/hide]

Let's say I'm level 60 dungeoneering.

I DO NOT like raiding through a dungeon

I DO NOT like killing boss monsters

I DO NOT like finding keys, doing puzzle rooms, running through rooms of strong monsters of every different combat type

I DO NOT like finding/working with teams

I'm an idiot for not liking dungeoneering at level 60 even though all of the qualities of dungeoneering don't appeal to me?

I agree. If the basic mechanics of a skill do not appeal to you, you have every right to not like it. If, however, you actually like all of those things, but decide that dungeoneering sucks after having only attained level 60, you're being unreasonable and should delve further into the skill so you can really get an idea of what it's like.

EDIT: Oh, just thought of a better example. Going back to movies . . .

- I don't like chick flicks. I don't need to watch a chick flick to know I don't like it.

- I like horror movies. I shouldn't form an opinion of a horror movie before I've watched it.

Does that make more sense?

Really? I dislike K'ril because he's boring in a team, dangerous while soloing, unrewarding, ugly, and takes a while to get to. Seriously, he's the second worst boss in RuneScape behind only the KQ.

I hate K'ril for the same reasons, but I just used his slam attack as an example to illustrate my point. ;)

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I DO NOT like finding keys, doing puzzle rooms, running through rooms of strong monsters of every different combat type

I'm an idiot for not liking dungeoneering at level 60 even though all of the qualities of dungeoneering don't appeal to me?

No, you're wrong. You can dislike dungeoneering at level 60, because some people DO NOT like going through dungeons. It is not unreasonable to for a negative opinion of dungeoneering when you DO NOT like ANY of the things that dungeoneering is. If I don't like raiding dungeons, I will not like dungeoneering, regardless of what level I am.

Also, being a high level in dungeoneering does not mean you're good at it. Sure, it helps to know what dungeoneering is, and what's in it. But I can assure you, there's people with dungeoneering levels in the 40s who are better than level 90+ dungoneerers out there.

That's a rather small population. The people who Dungeoneering doesn't appeal to have either not tried it enough/don't play with friends/hate challenges. In my experience, they tend to be the people with fishing (or even more commonly, Woodcutting) skillcapes who rarely, if ever, PvM and mostly get on to chat with their buds. I don't dislike them for this. However, if you like any one of those things (any boss hunter should know that the Daemonheim bosses are among the most fun/challenging in RuneScape), dungeoneering should be at least marginally more fun at a high level than a low level.

MstrMonopoly.png

I piety the fool.

No, you're wrong. You can dislike dungeoneering at level 60, because some people DO NOT like going through dungeons. It is not unreasonable to for a negative opinion of dungeoneering when you DO NOT like ANY of the things that dungeoneering is. If I don't like raiding dungeons, I will not like dungeoneering, regardless of what level I am.

Also, being a high level in dungeoneering does not mean you're good at it. Sure, it helps to know what dungeoneering is, and what's in it. But I can assure you, there's people with dungeoneering levels in the 40s who are better than level 90+ dungoneerers out there.

That's a rather small population. The people who Dungeoneering doesn't appeal to have either not tried it enough/don't play with friends/hate challenges. In my experience, they tend to be the people with fishing (or even more commonly, Woodcutting) skillcapes who rarely, if ever, PvM and mostly get on to chat with their buds. I don't dislike them for this. However, if you like any one of those things (any boss hunter should know that the Daemonheim bosses are among the most fun/challenging in RuneScape), dungeoneering should be at least marginally more fun at a high level than a low level.

That wasn't my point...but thanks for your input.

whatisrush-1.png

Fisher/Woodcut------Me-----Miner/crafter----Stabber----Leecher

^Golvellius must be so proud^

FlowerPower.png

That wasn't my point...but thanks for your input.

*re-reads post*

:oops:

Still, though. There are very few people who would dislike Dungeoneering compared to a grind-fest skill like Fletching if they were given the proper opportunities.

MstrMonopoly.png

I piety the fool.

If the basic mechanics of a skill do not appeal to you, you have every right to not like it. If, however, you actually like all of those things, but decide that dungeoneering sucks after having only attained level 60, you're being unreasonable and should delve further into the skill so you can really get an idea of what it's like.

EDIT: Oh, just thought of a better example. Going back to movies . . .

- I don't like chick flicks. I don't need to watch a chick flick to know I don't like it.

- I like horror movies. I shouldn't form an opinion of a horror movie before I've watched it.

Does that make more sense?

Really? I dislike K'ril because he's boring in a team, dangerous while soloing, unrewarding, ugly, and takes a while to get to. Seriously, he's the second worst boss in RuneScape behind only the KQ.

I hate K'ril for the same reasons, but I just used his slam attack as an example to illustrate my point. ;)

I was gonna argue with you on your first post saying you couldn't have an opinion at level 60, but others did it for me. However, I like the above post, much better analogy/clarification :)

I have to say, somewhere in the 70 range DG changed for me.

Still, though. There are very few people who would dislike Dungeoneering compared to a grind-fest skill like Fletching if they were given the proper opportunities.

You might be surprised. Fletching may not be the most fun in the world, but some people like RuneScape because of it's.... lack of intensity.

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.
[spoiler=The rest of my sig. You know you wanna see it.]

my difinition of noob is i dont like u, either u are better then me or u are worst them me

Buying spins make you a bad person...don't do it. It's like buying nukes for North Korea.

Well if it bothers you that the game is more fun now, then you can go cry in a corner. :shame:

your article was the equivalent of a circumcized porcupine

The only thing wrong with it is the lack of a percentage for when you need to stroke it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png
Poignant Purple to Lokie's Ravishing Red and Alg's Brilliant Blue.

You might be surprised. Fletching may not be the most fun in the world, but some people like RuneScape because of it's.... lack of intensity.

But it's an unhappy medium, between, say, fishing rocktail/chopping ivy/casually slaying and dungeoneering/boss hunting.

MstrMonopoly.png

I piety the fool.