The Bind System

stonewall337

Binds. Some of us in DG have more then others. But is the flat out "you may bind 2 items at this level" good enough? Should there be different types of binds? Tool binds, jewelry binds, armor binds, minor binds, slayer binds, etc? Would changing the system be a chance to give items which are rarely bound or used, or would it be too confusing, or overpower/underpower things? Example, at 105, you could bind 3 items and a slayer item (SSH, BN, ETC) OR you could use one of your "any" item binds to bind SSH, and your slayer bind to bind golden prec. or blood neck. Tool binds could either be tool kit, to speed things up, or maybe a pickaxe/axe/NON-combat runes (100 astrals, law, cosmics, a new type of rune combining all 3) etc.

Also, there is a rumor of a new quest enabling another bind. Does anyone have any proof or speculations to make?

In addition, what about requiring tokens to enable certain additional binds?

Stonewall337.png
[hide=Drops]Araxxor Eye x1 Leg pieces x2
GWD: 5000 Addy bar Steam B Staff x3 Z Spear x6 Sara. Hilt x2 Bandos Hilt x2 (LS, Solo)SS x6 (1 LS)
Tormented Demons: Shard x6 Slice x5 Claws x9 Limbs x3
DKS: Archer x21 Warrior x31 Berserker x30 Axe x51[/hide]

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Neat post - I think there should be a weapon bind, platebody/legs/shield bind, jewelry bind, helm bind, and 2 ammo binds. These should be purchasable through level up (at 50 you can choose 2, 100 you can choose 1, 120 choose 1) or a small token fee. Weapon bind and first ammo bind are automatic.

MstrMonopoly.png

I piety the fool.

The quest is pure speculation nothing is confirmed.

Personally, I doubt Jagex will do anything more with dungeoneering.

Its a done deal, and in that usual Jagex manner, "you can take it or leave it".

Exclusive Legacy Mode Player

Golvellius.png

He just successfully trolled you with "courtesy" and managed to get a reaction out of you. Lol

Neat post - I think there should be a weapon bind, platebody/legs/shield bind, jewelry bind, helm bind, and 2 ammo binds. These should be purchasable through level up (at 50 you can choose 2, 100 you can choose 1, 120 choose 1) or a small token fee. Weapon bind and first ammo bind are automatic.

Defiantly not a small token cost, I'm thinking of at least 400k tokens. It would have to be higher or it would overbalance.

And gol, I agree, that there may not be hope, but who knows?

Stonewall337.png
GWD: 5000 Addy bar Steam B Staff x3 Z Spear x6 Sara. Hilt x2 Bandos Hilt x2 (LS, Solo)SS x6 (1 LS)

The bind system is currently fine. I don't really see a need to have more binds so that we can just rush through dungeons even faster. Dungeons are fast enough already, and we have all the binds we really need.

The quest is pure speculation nothing is confirmed.

Personally, I doubt Jagex will do anything more with dungeoneering.

Its a done deal, and in that usual Jagex manner, "you can take it or leave it".

Probably the only thing you've ever said that I agree with, sadly. I really don't think they'll touch the binding system other than MAYBE adding further binds through quests or tokens.

I would love for the bind system to be more intricate, though. I really like Grimy's idea in Suggestions. I also like the idea of tool binds, further ammo binds, etc. I feel a little OCD saying this, but it REALLY bothers me that we can never wear a full set of tier 11 armor (top, legs, boots, gloves, helm, weapon, shield).

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

The bind system is currently fine. I don't really see a need to have more binds so that we can just rush through dungeons even faster. Dungeons are fast enough already, and we have all the binds we really need.

I'd give up my plate for prom boots+G prec+b neck, etc.

Stonewall337.png

Once I get 99 mage I'll be binding a celestial staff over my plate, but even having those items won't make dungeons that much faster. Before rings and ggs were added, dungeons were still being completed at around 30 minutes, and now even with all those improvements the average only increased to 25 minutes.

Once I get 99 mage I'll be binding a celestial staff over my plate, but even having those items won't make dungeons that much faster. Before rings and ggs were added, dungeons were still being completed at around 30 minutes, and now even with all those improvements the average only increased to 25 minutes.

I think the number of binds is fine as it is.

Unless the new bind were restricted to a rather useless item such as gloves/boots/pickaxes/toolkits/etc

I agree it'd be pretty game breaking.

But my problem with the bind system is how it restricts you to certain jobs.

If bind arrows/celestial box, you're kinda screwed out of laws for c1s.

If you bind a hex, you're screwed out of some armor if you want to key.

We definitely shouldn't start a floor with more than 4 binded items of any sort, but I really want to be able to switch up what those 4 items are.

My hexhunter isn't gonna do me any good if I want to key.

Naaxi.png

Unless the new bind were restricted to a rather useless item such as gloves/boots/pickaxes/toolkits/etc

We definitely shouldn't start a floor with more than 4 binded items of any sort, but I really want to be able to switch up what those 4 items are.

Not having a plate isn't that bad for keying. Once you learn to pray switch correctly and soul split flash, you shouldn't be using more food than the normal people. Knowing how to reduce damage is one of the things that separate decent keyers from pro keyers. Don't just randomly walk in every room praying mage, pray flash, soul split flicking, and knowing how to pick up food quickly are importantly skills to keying.

Not having a plate isn't that bad for keying. Once you learn to pray switch correctly and soul split flash, you shouldn't be using more food than the normal people. Knowing how to reduce damage is one of the things that separate decent keyers from pro keyers. Don't just randomly walk in every room praying mage, pray flash, soul split flicking, and knowing how to pick up food quickly are importantly skills to keying.

prayer flashing is only really useful in some rooms though.

If there's like only a single monster, or if they're a bunch of meleers spread out all over the place.

Sometimes you just need to be able to tank some damage. Especially if you're dealing with shades.

regardless hexhunter is still inferior to armor for keying.

and ammo binds are inferior to laws for c1s.

and etc.

I still think variety would make DGing funner.

Even if it's not 100% necessary.

Either way the number of people who use prayer to your degree is extemely low.

There are under 3k 100+ DGers

a lot of them stop DGing once they hit 100 DG

a lot of them aren't exactly pro because they only just hit 100 DG, which isn't as prestigious a level as it used to be.

A lot of the good keyers already hit 120, and some of which stopped.

Honestly I wouldn't say there are more than 50 players in all of runescape who key with those prayer techniques.

Naaxi.png

Sadly, a celestial staff is actually less useful then an empowered fire staff (at least imo) because you don't need to make fire runes. Frankly, I'm getting my stats up to make empowered fire staffs...

Also, besides the quest for another bound item (probably at 75...) they probably won't add much, if at all.

I'd like to start off with a bloody toolbox every Dungeon. Just add that in, rather then getting coins, selling a couple items and buying one.

Also, yeah, the idea of having some sort of DG bank to switch up items would be amazing. I wouldn't mind trying out a celestial staff (if I ever see one) but I don't want to have to remake my spear for it. Well, get someone to make it for me.

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.
[spoiler=The rest of my sig. You know you wanna see it.]

my difinition of noob is i dont like u, either u are better then me or u are worst them me

Buying spins make you a bad person...don't do it. It's like buying nukes for North Korea.

Well if it bothers you that the game is more fun now, then you can go cry in a corner. :shame:

your article was the equivalent of a circumcized porcupine

The only thing wrong with it is the lack of a percentage for when you need to stroke it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png
Poignant Purple to Lokie's Ravishing Red and Alg's Brilliant Blue.

I'm also not saying have all those items AT ONCE. But able to switch it up would be very nice.

Stonewall337.png

The faqs talking about a quest adding a bind or binds was rather vauge. If a quest allowed you to bind boots or gloves it wouldnt majorly change things but still be a nice little bonus.

"Will you be increasing the max bind slots to 7? Currently, you can't get full Primal, for example."

We may increase the max bind slots in the future via a quest reward or similar.

chaosoffar.png

One of Chris L's posts on maxed forums was acknowledging the idea of being able to buy another bind slot for a lot of tokens, but he said it was definitely not guaranteed that they'll significantly change the binding system and that it was low on the priority list (2-3 months ago).

I think it's likely we'll get some sort of new bind slot in the future, whether it's general or ammo only, but I don't think it'll be soon.

2496 Completionist

I'd like to see, at the very least, some sort of system where boss drops can be more useful. No one is ever going to bind something like T11 gloves/boots, and since you reach the boss at the end of a dungeon, they don't even get used during.

I've seen the idea thrown around of getting to keep any boss drops you get in a dungeon for the next dungeon too. It would allow for a bit of variation/fun, and at least get some rarely used items a chance to provide a small bonus. True, on higher floors those items would be good drops/weapons/useful armour pieces, but only 1 out of 5 people would get a drop each dungeon - far from overpowered.

Personally I suggested on the forums that we can have a temporary bind, one that would last for 3 dungeons. It would be pretty convenient for both making yourself a little armor that would last a while and also letting you use a t11 item drop for a while rather than just discarding it immediately which is what happens with most t11 items now.

The coolest idea I heard (I think it was on this forum) was to allow "Prestige Binds" that builds last as long as you don't reset your Prestige. Example, every 10 floors you complete on a Prestige run, you get an extra Prestige bind added. At 50 floors, you can have 3 permenant binds because of your skill level and 5 items you can bind. Hit the end of your prestige run and reset then your prestige bound items disappear too.

Seems like it'd be balanced, since at the highest floors where you get the cool stuff you'll lose it when you reset your prestige to do low floors. In addition, this gives a great use to all the high level items dropped including gloves and boots.

nukemarine.png

Learn how to Learn Japanese on your own - Nukemarine's Suggested Guide for Beginners in Japanese
Stop Forgetting Stuff for College and Life - Anki - a program which makes remembering things easy
Reach Elite Fitness - CrossFit

I'd like to see, at the very least, some sort of system where boss drops can be more useful. No one is ever going to bind something like T11 gloves/boots, and since you reach the boss at the end of a dungeon, they don't even get used during.

I've seen the idea thrown around of getting to keep any boss drops you get in a dungeon for the next dungeon too. It would allow for a bit of variation/fun, and at least get some rarely used items a chance to provide a small bonus. True, on higher floors those items would be good drops/weapons/useful armour pieces, but only 1 out of 5 people would get a drop each dungeon - far from overpowered.

Yeah, I agree. (Even though I binded t11 gloves before :P) I would honestly like solo'er s to get a chance at primal since its incredibly frustrating to rely on a team and then end up not getting it.

As for the binding system, I think its already fine that we HAVE the opportunity. It serves no other purpose besides making the whole skill less frustrating

like RCing pouches. If we wanted more, sure why not. But now, I don't see any minor errors in changing binds.

Ive always wondered why jagex never introduced anything involving capes

it'd be nice to be able to wear a 99 dg cape there, the prayer bonus would be so nice.

sigcopyaf.png

Ever wanted to find street prices of RS items? Check out the SPOLI Index

Nex Drops: Pernix Cowl, Pernix Chaps, Torva Helm, Torva Platebody, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Mask, Torva Legs, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Body, Torva Platelegs, Torva Platelegs, Virtus Robe Top

Ive always wondered why jagex never introduced anything involving capes

it'd be nice to be able to wear a 99 dg cape there, the prayer bonus would be so nice.

dungeoneering armor clips horribly with capes.

Apparently removing capes from dungeoneering made the artwork in daemonheim much easier.

Naaxi.png

I don't see why this topic is yet AGAIN up in the air. The current system is more than fine as it is and imposes atleast some challenges. More binds= easier dungeons- no thanks, the skill is easy enough as it is. Keep it simple.

Grimy, i don't understand your obsession with having many ammo binds- everyone in this world has to make choices- if you bound HHB, good for you, but you can't have everything, and you are not supposed to have everything. I also don't think jagex ever intended for laws to be used the way they are in c1's.

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

Reading the last bit, got me thinking:

What if we were able to bind a few items (Would very with your DG level. I'm thinking maybe 10 max at 120 dg?) that would go into a bank-sort of interface that can only be accessed at the start of a dungeon, or during the WINterface. And from this interface, you can pick up to (your max bind for your level) items to bring into the next dungeon.

So, while you wouldn't have your 2H, Hexhunter, primal plate, SSH, and blood neck all at the same time making you OP in a dungeon, you can choose what items you want to bring with you into your next dungeon.

I can see how frustrating debating between binds can be. And going level 50 - 100 with only two bind seems... Cruel.

Hexiled Razz. Player since March 8th, 2005.