01-Dec-2010 - Do No Evil

Tim

Personally I thought this was the best quest for ages! The choc ice thing was ace! A bit of planning and some actual effort to put into a quest for once. The monkeys brought some much loved GOOD humour into an rs quest. And all the lore about Apmeken and actually meeting a goddess. Pretty cool I thought.

I look forward to seeing where the desert storyline is going. Especially as Senliten says something about having a "spy in the north". This could either mean Al-Kharid north, or THE NORTH. Aka big mahjarrat battle place? HMMM.

asrhasrh.jpg

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sometimes I look at the reaction on these threads and think, "If the lead developer is reading this now, he'll probably cry himself to sleep tonight and resign during some drunk, depressive episode in the morning." (<--- insert feminine pronouns for lack of sexism). TIF can be a harsh crowd at times.

But seriously, whoever came up with the bright idea of walking from Nardah to the Gnome Stronghold as a fun thing to do on a Wednesday afternoon needs to cry themselves to sleep.

I've not done the quest yet, but the feedback I'm seeing from other people is that the development team lost perspective on this update completely, trying to tie-in storylines that didn't need to be, forcing players to go on some painful errand for no apparent reason other than, they can.

Sometimes I look at the reaction on these threads and think, "If the lead developer is reading this now, he'll probably cry himself to sleep tonight and resign during some drunk, depressive episode in the morning." (<--- insert feminine pronouns for lack of sexism). TIF can be a harsh crowd at times.

But seriously, whoever came up with the bright idea of walking from Nardah to the Gnome Stronghold as a fun thing to do on a Wednesday afternoon needs to cry themselves to sleep.

I've not done the quest yet, but the feedback I'm seeing from other people is that the development team lost perspective on this update completely, trying to tie-in storylines that didn't need to be, forcing players to go on some painful errand for no apparent reason other than, they can.

I agree on the Nardah-to-Stronghold walk.

It was a fun idea to put the eruption of that volcano in it, but couldn't they have done it somehow else?

Having some form of teleportation available would have made it drastically better to do.

Still, overall a fun quest.

count_civie.png

Level 99's

[hide]Mining level 99 achieved November 2010

Smithing level 99 achieved February 2011

Fishing level 99 achieved April 2011

Cooking level 99 achieved May 2011[/hide]

Goals

[hide]count_civie.png

count_civie.png[/hide]

Drops:

Miscellanious: 1x Draconic Visage , 5x Focus Sight, 3x Abbysal Whip

Offering Effigy Assistance in Herblore, Crafting. Contact me ingame by pm.

11.jpg

You don't need to run the whole way to Gnome Stronghold, if you utilise past quest rewards :-w

Do elaborate for us ;). I've done the quest, and I used the unlimited run to finish the choc-ice run, got me all the way to the Grand Tree before it ran out.

modjohan.jpg

l_the_seer_l.png

I am known only as The Seer. I have many names and many different forms. Cross me at your own risk, fight me at your own peril, but join me and fight by my side, and none shall stand before our power.

Owner of the Quest, Firemaking*2-12-08*, Fletching, Magic, Defense, Cooking, HP, Attack, Strength, Herblore, Summoning, Farming and Prayer Capes.

You don't need to run the whole way to Gnome Stronghold, if you utilise past quest rewards :-w

Do elaborate for us ;). I've done the quest, and I used the unlimited run to finish the choc-ice run, got me all the way to the Grand Tree before it ran out.

Well, if you would have known about it before....let's just say you would be as high as a kite....or bird rather? :-k

2461/2496 Total, 35 levels to Completionist

Sunstriker: Path to Completionist Cape

Ok I've done 10 Chimp ice runs now and I have to say. Every 5th run which gives you something worthy is really hard. The ice starts melting every 5 second or so, you have to be really fast when doing these.

Anyway, here is the reward for the 10th run. A 2nd statue.

[hide]101201233447f.png[/hide]

I've used around 300 blood, 600 deaths and 600 chaos runes for this. And I don't feel like counting the water runes.

Don't get me wrong, that was quite aggravating, but they tied in the two storylines artfully. Whoever said that to you must've taken leave of his senses.

hzvjpwS.gif

I'm intrigued did u stock the stalls in the order they are in or did they just go like tht after repairs?

Reason i ask is i built them in tht order and im curious if the stores stay in the palces you put them.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Ok I've done 10 Chimp ice runs now and I have to say. Every 5th run which gives you something worthy is really hard. The ice starts melting every 5 second or so, you have to be really fast when doing these.

Anyway, here is the reward for the 10th run. A 2nd statue.

[hide]101201233447f.png[/hide]

I've used around 300 blood, 600 deaths and 600 chaos runes for this. And I don't feel like counting the water runes.

[trolling] waterstaff much? [/trolling]

Well, if you would have known about it before....let's just say you would be as high as a kite....or bird rather? :-k

lol silent, same way i did it ;)

29bc22o.png

[hide=drops]10 black masks, 39 dragon boots, 21 whip, 9 dark bow, 7 dragon legs, 8 mauls, 3 dragon left half, 2 dragon spear, 2 hexcrest, 1 kbd heads, 10 dragon med, 2 R ammy, 2 granite legs, 1 bandos boots , 1 bandos hilt , 1 bandos chestplate, 1 saradomin sword(ls), 2 dragon claws(ls)(solo)[/hide]

[hide=Viralaether's guide to Mac use]1) take your mac

2) drop it off your roof

3) ??????

4) Profit![/hide]1/7/9 quest cape ||| 5/6/9 all diaries ||| 7/14/9 300 rank MA ||| 4998th to 99 summoning on 2/27/10

Don't get why you guys aren't saying it's the Eagle Network when it could help people, unless you think it's a bug...in which case, you would've already admitted enough for abuse. I'm sure that's not the case, but it's a little agitating/mean spirited to string folk along.

hzvjpwS.gif

Don't get why you guys aren't saying it's the Eagle Network when it could help people, unless you think it's a bug...in which case, you would've already admitted enough for abuse. I'm sure that's not the case, but it's a little agitating/mean spirited to string folk along.

I myself found it quite easy to comprehend...

If you haven't noticed, 3/3 of the posts on this particular subject since I posted that were understood easily (You, Viral, and myself).

I don't exactly see that as "mean spirited."

If people didn't understand, all they had to do was say so.

And seeing how nobody else posted on the matter, it looks to me like everyone else got it aswell.

Also, no it's not a bug. Eagles flying =/= teleporting. Eagles are similar to gliders, which are clearly not a bug, as they're required in the quest.

2461/2496 Total, 35 levels to Completionist

Sunstriker: Path to Completionist Cape

If people didn't understand, all they had to do was say so.

When someone asks them to elaborate, that's generally what they're driving at. Once you said the bird comment you could make the far-off connection if you remember the infrequent methods of travel like that. To reply with a request of clarification with something just marginally less vague than the first message seems like skirting around things for a questionable reason. I know it's not a bug, but I could not think of any other reason to be so intentionally obtuse.

hzvjpwS.gif

The last boss was quite disapointing, specially since the second one was such a beast.

2 words, Saradomin Godwars. :P

Personally I thought this was the best quest for ages! The choc ice thing was ace! A bit of planning and some actual effort to put into a quest for once. The monkeys brought some much loved GOOD humour into an rs quest. And all the lore about Apmeken and actually meeting a goddess. Pretty cool I thought.

I look forward to seeing where the desert storyline is going. Especially as Senliten says something about having a "spy in the north". This could either mean Al-Kharid north, or THE NORTH. Aka big mahjarrat battle place? HMMM.

^ This. I loved this quest. Might even be my favorite one this year.

You know how sometimes movies get bad reviews, then you go watch it anyway and end up enjoying it.

You should atleast try it before judging it. You might like it.

When someone asks them to elaborate, that's generally what they're driving at. Once you said the bird comment you could make the far-off connection if you remember the infrequent methods of travel like that. To reply with a request of clarification with something just marginally less vague than the first message seems like skirting around things for a questionable reason. I know it's not a bug, but I could not think of any other reason to be so intentionally obtuse.

Making mountains out of mole hills.

-

I heard delivering 15 chimp ice to the king didn't make a 3rd statue. Can anyone confirm?

I can confirm it. I just did 15 deliveries, he said he put up another statue, but I can't find it. Unless it's somewhere else in the desert.

Also btw, I just noticed that the better ice spell you use, the longer freeze... That really made the 15th delivery easier >_>

Took a overview picture of the camp at 10/15 deliveries.

[hide]101202011530.png[/hide]

Actually I found that delivering the choc-ice (during the quest) was much easier if I just ran up to the monkey gate and got caught. I woke up in jail - had lots of time to refreeze the ice, transform and escape.

Also, I used the highest level ice spell and sometimes froze it twice in a row for good measure.

svenne.png

#14340th to 99 magic!! w000t

i personally liked using the hot air balloon for chimp ice deliveries

since it took me straight to gnome stronghold.

When I did it for the quest I walked the WHOLE way, across desert/alkaharid/lumby/varrock/fally/taverly/wwm/catherby/camelot/fish guild/gnome stronghold.

Wasn't until after the quest that I found out you can run to nardah carpet-->shanty, get thrown to port sarim jail-->craft guild baloon to gnome stronghold.

I cried a little bit.

jagerbluebt1.gif

i personally liked using the hot air balloon for chimp ice deliveries

since it took me straight to gnome stronghold.

When I did it for the quest I walked the WHOLE way, across desert/alkaharid/lumby/varrock/fally/taverly/wwm/catherby/camelot/fish guild/gnome stronghold.

Wasn't until after the quest that I found out you can run to nardah carpet-->shanty, get thrown to port sarim jail-->craft guild baloon to gnome stronghold.

I cried a little bit.

Not the only who didn't know about that. I did find out about the carpets, but the other travel methods, I forgot about em. I got the unlimited run and ran the entire way lol. Still got it done so I can't complain.

modjohan.jpg

l_the_seer_l.png

I am known only as The Seer. I have many names and many different forms. Cross me at your own risk, fight me at your own peril, but join me and fight by my side, and none shall stand before our power.

Owner of the Quest, Firemaking*2-12-08*, Fletching, Magic, Defense, Cooking, HP, Attack, Strength, Herblore, Summoning, Farming and Prayer Capes.

Fun quest. Pretty easy overall. Seen the kq for the first time, she don't look so tough :P.

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

Would grand tree pods work for the ice if you use it to call a glider? Or is that considered teleing?

michel555555.png

[spoiler=click you know you wanna]
Me behave? Seriously? As a child I saw Tarzan almost naked, Cinderella arrived home from a party after midnight, Pinocchio told lies, Aladin was a thief, Batman drove over 200 miles an hour, Snow White lived in a house with seven men, Popeye smoked a pipe and had tattoos, Pac man ran around to digital music while eating pills that enhanced his performance, and Shaggy and Scooby were mystery solving hippies who always had the munchies. The fault is not mine! if you had this childhood and loved it put this in your signature!