Behind The Scenes - December

Jon Arcane

Anyone else think claws will crash harder?

I don't know which mod did this. I don't know why they did it. If they're looking for money, I can tell them I don't have any as I'm a student. But what I do have are a very particular set of skills; skills I have acquired over 4 years of RuneScape. Skills that I have worked hard for and people like them can't take them away. If they give me my particles back now, that'll be the end of it. I will not look for them, I will not pursue them. But if they don't, I will look for them, I will find them, and they won't like what'll happen

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll lol if either the defender or the new damage reduction armour is available to me , because my account isnt overpowered enough already.

From the sounds of it, it will. They said they're ADDING THIS to most head, leg, body and shield pieces. High grade armour gives better absorbtion and P2P gets the best absorption of all. This means rune armour and such will have it.

Although, considering they're STILL working with the +200LP thing, it's rather useless for lower tier armour, because chances are you won't be hit 200+ lp. Well, maybe pures.

Wonder if this update will make pures ineffective? According to Jagex (don't ask me to quote this, I won't, so don't believe me if you don't want to) Pures aren't supposed to be that good; their increased offense is supposed to be matched by decreased defense. And other players defense is supposed stop enough of their attacks to make them on equal grounds.

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo! My poor TDs!

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.
[spoiler=The rest of my sig. You know you wanna see it.]

my difinition of noob is i dont like u, either u are better then me or u are worst them me

Buying spins make you a bad person...don't do it. It's like buying nukes for North Korea.

Well if it bothers you that the game is more fun now, then you can go cry in a corner. :shame:

your article was the equivalent of a circumcized porcupine

The only thing wrong with it is the lack of a percentage for when you need to stroke it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png
Poignant Purple to Lokie's Ravishing Red and Alg's Brilliant Blue.

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo! My poor TDs!

Sorry, i love TD's too, just a sinking feeling i got..And a GF to Korsai's sword and claws in CLan wars if this absoration is applied to bandos, which i think it will be

I don't know which mod did this. I don't know why they did it. If they're looking for money, I can tell them I don't have any as I'm a student. But what I do have are a very particular set of skills; skills I have acquired over 4 years of RuneScape. Skills that I have worked hard for and people like them can't take them away. If they give me my particles back now, that'll be the end of it. I will not look for them, I will not pursue them. But if they don't, I will look for them, I will find them, and they won't like what'll happen

Dragon defender? I squeal with joy at the thought of it :D Now no one will be able to argue that DFS is actually useful for slayer (except wyverns, I suppose).

And maybe I'll get to use the 6000+ warrior guild tokens that have been rotting in my bank for the last few years.

I think this is going to be a brilliant month.

:thumbup: Good job, jagex.

norriie.png

[Click for my blog]

[hide=Drops & Achievements]

Hunter_cape_(t).gif 99 Hunter: 4/30/09 Cooking_cape_(t).gif 99 Cooking: 6/2/2009 Attack_cape_(t).gif 99 Attack: 6/9/10

Dragon Legs x2 | Dragon Skirt x2 | Dragon Med x3 | Dragon Boots x13 | Dragon Shield Left Half x1

Abyssal Whip x2 | Granite Maul x8 | Granite Helm x2 | Granite Legs x1

[/hide]

Sorry, i love TD's too, just a sinking feeling i got..And a GF to Korsai's sword and claws in CLan wars if this absoration is applied to bandos, which i think it will be

Noooo TD's are my main source of cash... at least until I get that last DG level then I'm dumping them for frosties. :razz:

Also I don't think they'll be making bandos absorb magic damage. Maybe like 6% range and 3% melee knowing them (because chaotic shield is only 14% range and 7% melee and it's 80 def, 80 dung, and 200k tokens unless they plan to buff it to 20% 10% like they SAID IN THE FIRST PLACE).

One thing I'm a little concerned about is the magic absorbtion on hides. Meleers can equip black dragonhide or Karil's without suffering any attack penalties and they will soak magic damage aswell, which isn't supposed to happen.

One thing I'm a little concerned about is the magic absorbtion on hides. Meleers can equip black dragonhide or Karil's without suffering any attack penalties and they will soak magic damage aswell, which isn't supposed to happen.

Why is it not supposed to happen? Mages can wear melee armor and soak range damage, can't they? Also, i think people are overthinking with the damage absorptions- The dungeoneering shields really suck, and they'll likely have the highest single item values for those(apart from ely/divine). So yes, while you could get like 30% damage absorbed(with full armor), a 50 from magic would still be 41.

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

I think the main point is to reduce max hit, not to reduce overall damage. This reduces KO potential while still maintaining the overall DPS of the weapons, which I think is actually a pretty fair solution. 50 -> 41 is actually a very large reduction from a pvp perspective. Obviously nowhere near divine, but still quite significant.

I have yet to do the detailed math but I think a ~30% overall soak would probably be comparable to, if not better than, ely.

sigcopyaf.png

Ever wanted to find street prices of RS items? Check out the SPOLI Index

Nex Drops: Pernix Cowl, Pernix Chaps, Torva Helm, Torva Platebody, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Mask, Torva Legs, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Body, Torva Platelegs, Torva Platelegs, Virtus Robe Top

Damage Soaking and New Hit Splats

We have recognised an imbalance between the potential damage per minute (DPM) and damage capacity (DC) of higher-level players. The rate of damage that you can deal at high levels is far greater than the rate of damage you can withstand, especially when in a multiplayer environment. NPCs and boss monsters can deal with this issue because their life points can reach far beyond 990, but players' life points cannot. Dealing with this imbalance will be done in several ways, with the first of those ways being introduced this month in the form of damage soaking.

In what will be a huge addition to the Defence skill and defensive equipment, we're aiming to add damage soaking stats (currently only applied to the chaotic, eagle-eye and farseer kiteshields) to the majority of head, body, leg and shield slot equipment. Damage soaking will help reduce all incoming damage values over 200 life points, with higher grades of equipment offering a greater percentage of 'soak', and with members' equipment offering the greatest percentage of all.

I can't wait to read the rants forum when this part comes out.

Why would they?

If anything, they'll go up

whatisrush-1.png

Fisher/Woodcut------Me-----Miner/crafter----Stabber----Leecher

^Golvellius must be so proud^

FlowerPower.png

Damage Soaking and New Hit Splats

We have recognised an imbalance between the potential damage per minute (DPM) and damage capacity (DC) of higher-level players. The rate of damage that you can deal at high levels is far greater than the rate of damage you can withstand, especially when in a multiplayer environment. NPCs and boss monsters can deal with this issue because their life points can reach far beyond 990, but players' life points cannot. Dealing with this imbalance will be done in several ways, with the first of those ways being introduced this month in the form of damage soaking.

In what will be a huge addition to the Defence skill and defensive equipment, we're aiming to add damage soaking stats (currently only applied to the chaotic, eagle-eye and farseer kiteshields) to the majority of head, body, leg and shield slot equipment. Damage soaking will help reduce all incoming damage values over 200 life points, with higher grades of equipment offering a greater percentage of 'soak', and with members' equipment offering the greatest percentage of all.

I can't wait to read the rants forum when this part comes out.

Why would they?

If anything, they'll go up

Yeah they'll be comparatively more powerful than before, since all of the secondary damage is below 200 and therefore not reduced

Unfortunately I still think KS will be better

sigcopyaf.png

Nex Drops: Pernix Cowl, Pernix Chaps, Torva Helm, Torva Platebody, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Mask, Torva Legs, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Body, Torva Platelegs, Torva Platelegs, Virtus Robe Top

Why is it not supposed to happen? Mages can wear melee armor and soak range damage, can't they?

Except for spirit shields, not without reducing accuracy. You can do that on melee with dhide except with arma

Started free trade with 1.5m cash. 2 weeks later, have hit max cash 2x.

PvP drops: 359 Brawling Gloves, 11 Vesta's Longswords, 41+ Zaros/Ancient Statues

9 Dragon Full Helms, 3 Dragonfire Shields on the old PvP loot system

Brawler guide is being finished!

the dragon defender release favors rapier users but the dmg soaking just ruins cmaul and cls, since it only begins soaking after 200s, this makes chaotic rapier far superior dps in pvp than maul or cls

the fact it also only soaks after 200, might make claws the only dominating source of ko, and it could put claws back ahead of korasi's sword, also ags is kinda screwed for this reason

a_final_name.png

Claws wont crash, only one or three of the splats are over 200, and it's usually just one.

Second, I think you guys are overeacting, if the DG shield take hours of work and 80 defense, and only soak 14/7%, then the other armors will most likely only soak up a small ammount of damage, likely less than 10% TOTAL even for dragon/barrows/bandos.

Total meaning something like BCP, Tassets, V helm/Neitiznot and dfs/DDefender.

Sumondskull6.png

Dragon defender sounds awesome, I really hope the monster you kill is individual (like an individual boss like Jad) and not multiple NPCs like the rune defender. Does anyone else remember when the rune defender came out? It was nearly impossible to get kills to get the defender.

Also the damange absorbtion is nice, but it is still limited to 200+LP. In pvp that may be significant, but in PvP there are few monsters that hit over 200 (besides Bosses), effectively elimiinating the usefulness of a wide range of absorbing armor as the armors that would be useful to absorb damage are isolated to the best ones anyways used for boss pvm

Content wise, not too much in store for a DG prod such as myself.

If damage soaking doesn't end up applying to daemonheim equipment, I'm probably not going to care about it :P

(if it applies to daemonheim equipment, I sure hope it doesn't apply to forgottens)

but now I'm curious.

if something attacks you with a magical ranged attack for example.

Do you need soak magic or soak range to reduce damage for it?

but I am excited for the Max hit splat.

Should make max hit research much easier.

The damage control update also changes the min hit to 1.

I was waiting for jagex to release that update before I finalized my exact DPS calculator.

It's about time it came :P

Naaxi.png

the dragon defender release favors rapier users but the dmg soaking just ruins cmaul and cls, since it only begins soaking after 200s, this makes chaotic rapier far superior dps in pvp than maul or cls

the fact it also only soaks after 200, might make claws the only dominating source of ko, and it could put claws back ahead of korasi's sword, also ags is kinda screwed for this reason

CLS's main selling point in pvp is its accuracy over rapier. seeing as how CLS and rapier's max hits aren't THAT far apart, and that defender also benefits CLS, I'm pretty sure CLS+def will be comparable to maul, and comparable to (if not better than) Rapier+def. in other words, for pvp now, the rank order is maul>cls?=rapier; with new defender, it will likely be cls?=?rapier>maul

?'s denotes unsure

i'm pretty sure claws will still be inferior to KS. despite all of KS's drawbacks its main power - the 100% accuracy - remains untouched.

but I am excited for the Max hit splat.

Should make max hit research much easier.

The damage control update also changes the min hit to 1.

I was waiting for jagex to release that update before I finalized my exact DPS calculator.

It's about time it came :P

I am looking forward to this too

sigcopyaf.png

Christmas sale on little green transparent shields.

Rebirth of barrows armour.

Return of the "OFMG DEFENSE IS OVERPOWERED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

I will be amused by the damage reduction update.

Exclusive Legacy Mode Player

Golvellius.png

He just successfully trolled you with "courtesy" and managed to get a reaction out of you. Lol