What is still worth it?

Toshiba

This topic is too discuss some of the old methods in runescape for earning a lot of cash. Whether it be easy or not.

Interestingly enough, these methods of gone ashore and are now dry.

A few examples:

1. Nature Runes, I'm a level 99 runecrafter and have been for a long time and I don't see much appeal for this anymore. Pure ess is 140+ and nature runes are about 200 ea. Hardly any profit anymore.

2. Barrows, this was bound to happen but barrows prices have dropped significantly as well.

Now some opposites:

1. Woodcutting, yews used to be about as much as natures (at 300ea) and are NOW 500 EA!!

2. Dragon Hides / Bones, steep increase of price.

So question is, what's still worth it?

@Robertoross

I've been playing for a while but I take extended breaks a lot =P

Was one of the first to break 99 Runecrafting. Top 200 =)

Think this might be wrong Board. If this was meant to be a discussion thne try General Discussion.

If it's a legit question, RC is still owrth it seeing as Death Runes and even Natures make profit. More than most things, just not as much as it used to be.

Barrows is still good. Dragon Bones actually went up a ton due to the curses. At first Dragon Spots were swamped but now they seem empty. So great money maker there.

Skilling's pretty much dead. There are methods (mostly mhing) that are way better. Barrows still decent I guess.

Dragon drops: 82 (2 claws)

Dagannoth kings drops: 73

Barrows item count: 51

GWD drops: 54 (5 hilts: 1x bandos, 3x saradomin, 1x zamorak)

Whips: 4

Sigils: 1x spectral (FFA), 1x arcane (FFA)

I've moved this to General Discussion since you said you wanted to discuss methods and how they've changed. If the purpose of this thread is actually to gain advice on how to make money, feel free to PM me and I'll move it back :)

Posted Image

- 99 fletching | 99 thieving | 99 construction | 99 herblore | 99 smithing | 99 woodcutting -

- 99 runecrafting - 99 prayer - 125 combat - 95 farming -

- Blog - DeviantART - Book Reviews & Blog

hunter is still reasonably profitable, and general skills do have *some* use in dungeoneering

either way, the main moneymakers (1M+/hr) nowadays are flipping, daily tasks, and monster hunting.

sigcopyaf.png

Ever wanted to find street prices of RS items? Check out the SPOLI Index

Nex Drops: Pernix Cowl, Pernix Chaps, Torva Helm, Torva Platebody, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Mask, Torva Legs, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Body, Torva Platelegs, Torva Platelegs, Virtus Robe Top

Actually, quite a few Barrows items have risen.

What counter-acts the higher profitability (and could also be the cause of the rise in price) is the fact that there are more efficient money-makers out there nowadays.

2461/2496 Total, 35 levels to Completionist

Sunstriker: Path to Completionist Cape

Woodcutting, yews used to be about as much as natures (at 300ea) and are NOW 500 EA!!

Yews are a crap moneymaker now and, as far as I can remember, always have been a crap moneymaker.

If you're doing homework, or washing dishes and you want to make some money. Yews a good avenue I think. Just turn it on, watch it go basically. Fishing is the same way.

hunter is still reasonably profitable, and general skills do have *some* use in dungeoneering

either way, the main moneymakers (1M+/hr) nowadays are flipping, daily tasks, and monster hunting.

Flipping, what's that exactly?

@Robertoross

Buy 10 bandos godswords for 180m total, sell 10 bandos godswords three hours later for 185m total. Play Black Ops in the meantime. :thumbsup: Granted, that is a gross oversimplification, but that's the general idea. Buy a bunch of a high-priced item for at or slightly below med (lower the better) and then resell them for slightly over med (higher the better). Sometimes it takes a long time (over a day) for items to re-sell, but it's a passive moneymaker that can be accomplished while doing other things in game... or in real life. Put in offers to buy some [cabbage] for low right before you go to bed at night and then put it in to sell right before you get on the bus in the morning... And hopefully by the time you get home and have done all your homework and stuff, when you get on you will have made several mil.

td2sig.jpg

Buy 10 bandos godswords for 180m total, sell 10 bandos godswords three hours later for 185m total. Play Black Ops in the meantime. :thumbsup:

Or play objective modes, camp at bombsites, and do frosts semi-afk :shades:

sigcopyaf.png

Ever wanted to find street prices of RS items? Check out the SPOLI Index

Nex Drops: Pernix Cowl, Pernix Chaps, Torva Helm, Torva Platebody, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Mask, Torva Legs, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Body, Torva Platelegs, Torva Platelegs, Virtus Robe Top

Also note that to make the real profits with flipping, it requires a substantial base of money to start with (over 100m; the pro flippers usually use several hundred mil so that they can flip items that have a large amount of GP between min and max, such as godswords).

td2sig.jpg

4% return on a flip is considered quite good, I think. Which means that flipping 100m can make 4m per day (assuming only 1 flip) and that at very low effiort.

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

I like how everyone is so quick to define flipping here, but if someone asks on H&A no one tells them 8-)

No one will tell you what they are flipping, since that will cut into their profit/ability to buy or sell.

Stonewall337.png
[hide=Drops]Araxxor Eye x1 Leg pieces x2
GWD: 5000 Addy bar Steam B Staff x3 Z Spear x6 Sara. Hilt x2 Bandos Hilt x2 (LS, Solo)SS x6 (1 LS)
Tormented Demons: Shard x6 Slice x5 Claws x9 Limbs x3
DKS: Archer x21 Warrior x31 Berserker x30 Axe x51[/hide]

Worthwhile moneymakers:

Soloing most bosses (TDs, Bandos, DKs, etc)

Frost dragons

Farming torstol with juju pots

Flipping

Not worthwhile moneymakers:

Skilling that is not farming herbs.

Join "DG Sweepers" Clan Chat for Dungeoneering Floors | Accepting all tipiters who are Willing to Learn |

Jelly.pngOccultEpicKeyer21.pngBladewing.png

^ actually hunting grenwalls is pretty darn good.

technically more efficient to do butterflies for xp and then monster hunt for gp, if you are able to access those bosses.

True, but for people who aren't maxed with turm and overloads getting a cool 1.2-1.5 mil an hour is considered pretty good. Especially when compared to things like cutting yews...

Trolling by giving good advice since April 2011.

The Blog - Currently Cleaning Herbs

Bladewing.png

^ actually hunting grenwalls is pretty darn good.

technically more efficient to do butterflies for xp and then monster hunt for gp, if you are able to access those bosses.

True, but for people who aren't maxed with turm and overloads getting a cool 1.2-1.5 mil an hour is considered pretty good. Especially when compared to things like cutting yews...

I'm under the impression even blue dragons at a modest combat level with the 70 agility shortcut is better than 1.5m/hour. Could be wrong though.

Join "DG Sweepers" Clan Chat for Dungeoneering Floors | Accepting all tipiters who are Willing to Learn |

Jelly.pngOccultEpicKeyer21.pngBladewing.png

Espacially the last one. Slayer is, with a bit of luck, unbeatable when it comes to money-making today.

lGxorje.png

Add me if you so wish: SwreeTak

The reason skilling has fallen into such a deep hole in moneymaking is because of monster hunting, and bots.

Bots basically devalue anything skill-related, and since monsterhunting makes better cash than pretty much all skilling methods, skilling has hence been shunned.

Also, no way in hell are yews good money. Even magics are better than it...

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

Espacially the last one. Slayer is, with a bit of luck, unbeatable when it comes to money-making today.

that's blatant misinformation. slayer is hardly good money, and cannot compare to "real" monster hunting in terms of gp. unless you cancel everything but dagannoths and do them on dks.

edit: looked at your slayer level. i'll give you the benefit of the doubt that you just heard someone else say this, since you aren't really high enough in it to know that even high-level slaying is comparatively low income.

At 99 Runecrafting deaths make a hell of a lot more than nats with the chance of making double. ;)

(1.2M+/hr)

Hmmm.... might have to consider that. I'm assuming thats using the abbys?

@Robertoross