Holiday Gifts

TTanT

Ahh, but how can money make someone feel better than a meaningful gift like this?

http://www.thinkgeek.com/gadgets/security/e3f4/

The only difference between Hitler and the man next door who comes home and beats his kids every day is circumstance. The intent is the same-- to harm others.

[hide=Tifers say the darndest things]

I told her there was a secret method to doing it - and there is - but my once nimble and agile fingers were unable to perform because I was under the influence.

I would laugh, not hate. I'm a male. :(

Since when was Ireland an island...? :wall:

I actually have a hobby of licking public toilet seats.

[/hide]

Buying my mum a day at a spa with her friend. Not too sure what to get my older brother or dad yet. Knowing my dad it will probably be aftershave as he's so hard to shop for. For my brother, I might buy him something for his new house or a 360 game, not sure.

There are only a few things I want over the holidays, but most I will probably buy for myself and won't get from others. Fable 3 and F1 2010 for the 360, A few new clothes, jeans, t shirts, trainers etc and a new bag for uni. Oh and some earplugs.

On the topic of giving money: The thing is, if you give money, once you get to an age where you roughly spend the same on others as they spend on you, you may as well not give them anything if you just give money as you will be giving the same amount. It happened to me and a friend who gave each other £10 for each others birthdays, we ended up giving the same note back each time.

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

Ahh, but how can money make someone feel better than a meaningful gift like this?

You'll be the coolest kid in kindergarten with a watch like that. As for myself, cutivegiftshoppe.com/3726.html"]probably cutivegiftshoppe.com/3599-b.html"]one of cutivegiftshoppe.com/3594.html"]these. I'm actually sort of serious. I don't really need anything and for some reason I sort of want one.

Besides that, books. I'm thinking Stephen King's autobiography, one of his novels (probably Dark Tower I), the Hannibal series, and Cat's Cradle by Vonnegut.

E: Links failed. http://www[Caution: Executable File]cutivegiftshoppe.com/3726.html

wut

Even though I'm 22 now, my stepmom is still making me make a Christmas list.. I asked for a couple blu-rays, some clothes, new running/gym attire, and a camera bag. It was literally the hardest Christmas list I've ever had to put together.

I haven't decided what I'm getting people in my family yet or if I'm going to do it while I'm still in Arizona or when I fly back up to Washington in two weeks.

tFtfA.jpg

Most of the time, I hate getting gift cards.

90% of the time, they're to Chapters, which I hate, since I despise the chain and would rather use the money at a local bookstore, or on Amazon. If you don't know me well enough to get me a present, you really don't need to get me one. If you really feel obliged, then cash is great: I don't really understand what the social stigma against it is. People appreciate (or at least say that they do) "home-made" gifts, claiming that the time invested in them creates a more valuable present. Money, however, is just a placeholder for goods or services (time). If I spend 4 hours working for the cash that I give you, that's far more of an investment than an hour or two in producing an equivalent gift.

"Those who give up their liberty for more security neither deserve liberty nor security."

Support transparency... and by extension, freedom and democracy.

Getting 2 new HDDs. 2TB SATA + 60GB SSD.

I'd also love a new monitor as mine's pretty much broken, but one can't expect everything.

Steam | PM me for BBM PIN

Nine naked men is a technological achievement. Quote of 2013.

PCGamingWiki - Let's fix PC gaming!

My parents were going to get me a beach cruiser, but after today, coal would be great.

Also my birthday is on the 17th, but I'm not expecting anything for that either.

I have all the 99s, and have been playing since 2001. Comped 4/30/15 

My Araxxi Kills: 459::Araxxi Drops(KC):

Araxxi Hilts: 4x Eye (14/126/149/459), Web - (100) Fang (193)

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)
Boss Pets: Supreme - 848 KC

If you play Xbox One - Add me! GT: Urtehnoes - Currently on a Destiny binge 

OMG WE MUST BE BROS!

bro i know like 4 other people on tif with dec. 17th as their bday.

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)

All my family members (even some of my parent's friends) give money on special occasions. I personally have no problems receiving or giving money.

I love it when I'm forced to make a gift thats made from ME though. :thumbsup:

[spoiler=Long post is long, I guess.]I'm gonna ask for one of these ugly things:

2010minicoopersjcwwc50.jpg

2010minicoopersjcwwc500.jpg

2010minicooperjcwwc50fr.jpg

I'm sure my parents can afford to get me a $27,000+ present. :)

(Or I should just do what Blake's doing and save my own money, heh.)

ON A MORE SERIOUS NOTE. I think I'll just take my parents (I'm an only child) out to dinner or something. We're not too crazy about Christmas anyway.

zBSYE.png

^ Blog.

Zh0c4.gif

OMG WE MUST BE BROS!

Highly unlikely. Anyways, what are you getting me? :grin:

4 loko and a tab of acid.

Got a lot done.

My father and I just bought my mother a laptop computer. My father is getting a DVD of the 2010 World Series, which I think has the radio announcers narrating instead of the TV guys.

Still not saying what I plan to get my brother, because chances are he'll see it if I do post it, whether by accident or by someone PMing him.

You'll be the coolest kid in kindergarten with a watch like that. As for myself, cutivegiftshoppe.com/3726.html"]probably cutivegiftshoppe.com/3599-b.html"]one of cutivegiftshoppe.com/3594.html"]these. I'm actually sort of serious. I don't really need anything and for some reason I sort of want one.

Besides that, books. I'm thinking Stephen King's autobiography, one of his novels (probably Dark Tower I), the Hannibal series, and Cat's Cradle by Vonnegut.

E: Links failed. http://www[Caution: Executable File]cutivegiftshoppe.com/3726.html

wut

Can you somehow tell me where to go to see what you're talking about? Since right now all I am is confused.

The only difference between Hitler and the man next door who comes home and beats his kids every day is circumstance. The intent is the same-- to harm others.

I told her there was a secret method to doing it - and there is - but my once nimble and agile fingers were unable to perform because I was under the influence.

[/hide]

I'll be getting a Rubik's cube for Christmas. Planning to learn to solve it over the long holidays :thumbup:

Elricedward.png
Barrows Items: 1x Dharok's Platelegs, 1x Veracs's Plateskirt, 1x Dharok's Greataxe, 2x Torag's Platelegs, 1x Akrisae's War Mace, 1x Ahrim's Robeskirt, 3x Akrisae's Robetop, 1x Guthan's Warspear, 1x Akrisae's Robeskirt, 1x Torag's Helm, 2x Verac's Brassard, 1x Karil's Pistol Crossbow

wut

Can you somehow tell me where to go to see what you're talking about? Since right now all I am is confused.

I was making fun of your choice of watch. My own links were a selection of pocket watches. The idea jumped into my head a little while before and then I forgot it a few days later. Thanks for reminding me.

By trying to follow my path from 5 days ago, I found out what the happened to the links. Copy and paste, starting with http and ending with html. Where it says "[Caution: Executable File]" put "[Caution: Executable File]".

E: :wall: That's "[dot]exe"

wut

I was making fun of your choice of watch. My own links were a selection of pocket watches. The idea jumped into my head a little while before and then I forgot it a few days later. Thanks for reminding me.

By trying to follow my path from 5 days ago, I found out what the happened to the links. Copy and paste, starting with http and ending with html. Where it says "[Caution: Executable File]" put "[Caution: Executable File]".

E: :wall: That's "[dot]exe"

Ohh. I myself love it. I have a normal wirs[bleep]ch already, so this one'll be for blackmailing friends.

And it still isn't working for me, but I understand what pocket watches are, so. :mrgreen:

[/hide]

Bit of a bump.

Just orderd my presents from Santa.

Dvds: What happens in Vegas, Sherlock Holmes, Agora and Shutter Island - 30 incl shipping. Pretty nice price.

I haven't wished for anything, i specifically told them "no extra crap stuff", if they want to give me a couple of coins it's ok, but i don't want people to spend money on useless stuff.

Anyways, i already bought myself an early christmas present.

J'adore aussi le sexe et les snuff movies

Je trouve que ce sont des purs moments de vie

Je ne me reconnais plus dans les gens

Je suis juste un cas désespérant

Et comme personne ne viendra me réclamer

Je terminerai comme un objet retrouvé

The only thing I know I am getting for definite is clothing... that is only because I tried them on earlier to see if they fit.

Maternity - Dress, underwear, spanx (control pants whatever you want to call them especially for pregnancy), pyjamas.

non maternity - purple and black shoes - heeled but not huge heel :-)

Everything else is a surprise... my present from my brother is from the Mediterranean though... he spent 9 months out there, so ive been told it will be a joint birthday and Christmas present from him.

Only another 9 days to wait though :-)