No, I DON'T want to talk to Vannaka

dargonhuman

Orrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr you could use a higher level slayer master. I mean really, level 97 using Turael? Lowest level master... Honestly, you SHOULD try out Vannaka. At least use the guy in canifis please.

Amitoz.png

Come to my Clan chat (I'm there if I'm online) if you wish to borrow a Green H'ween mask, Blue H'ween Mask, Red H'ween Mask, or Santa for a reasonable price.

• 4 weeks later...

I thought Vannaka was supposed to be faster? Really? 64 Werewolves is faster than several assignments of goblins, banshees and crawling hands? I don't think so... It's a good thing I need the charms from the werewolves for summoning anyway.

cube347.jpg

Part of the Star Traks network. (^^Clicky!)

Irony: An amnesiac rediscovering they have an eidetic memory.

Well you're looking at it the wrong way. Doing 64 Werewolves for a task is faster slayer xp because you need to complete on average 4 Goblin assignments, 4 Banshee assignments and 4 Crawling Hand assignments from Turael just to get the same xp as 1 werewolf assignment from Vannaka. It is faster when you have the combat level to kill them as it means less time wandering back and forth to Burthorpe, walking to wherever you're slaying, time running between kills, wasted overkill hits, etc. Even if werewolves aren't the best example...

sweepsig.png

I thought Vannaka was supposed to be faster? Really? 64 Werewolves is faster than several assignments of goblins, banshees and crawling hands? I don't think so... It's a good thing I need the charms from the werewolves for summoning anyway.

The tasks don't go by faster...the experience is faster #-o

whatisrush-1.png

Fisher/Woodcut------Me-----Miner/crafter----Stabber----Leecher

^Golvellius must be so proud^

FlowerPower.png

That's why Slayer sucks - I shouldn't have to have a BS in math or practically make a spreadsheet just to train a freaking skill. I'm a fairly smart person (supposed evidence in this thread notwithstanding), but the way Slayer works is not only confusing but convoluted and unnecessarily complicated IMO.

cube347.jpg

Part of the Star Traks network. (^^Clicky!)

Irony: An amnesiac rediscovering they have an eidetic memory.

how is it complicated?

Longer tasks with higher level (and more LP) monsters are better xp then short tasks with low level (less LP) monsters.

There's little to no math involved....every other skill in this game requires math...like figuring out how many bows you'd need to make to 99 fletching, and how much it would cost.

Why is it so much harder for slayer?

There is NOTHING complicated about slayer. I honestly just sounds like you don't enjoy the skill....which is fine...but don't make up random Bull [cabbage] about it being hard to mathimatically do it...just say you don't like it, and stop training it.

whatisrush-1.png

Fisher/Woodcut------Me-----Miner/crafter----Stabber----Leecher

^Golvellius must be so proud^

FlowerPower.png

how is it complicated?

Longer tasks with higher level (and more LP) monsters are better xp then short tasks with low level (less LP) monsters.

There's little to no math involved....every other skill in this game requires math...like figuring out how many bows you'd need to make to 99 fletching, and how much it would cost.

Why is it so much harder for slayer?

There is NOTHING complicated about slayer. I honestly just sounds like you don't enjoy the skill....which is fine...but don't make up random Bull [cabbage] about it being hard to mathimatically do it...just say you don't like it, and stop training it.

:thumbup:

OP, chances are you spend more time between tasks with invy, talking to Turael, going to location of task, etc. than you do actually killing the assignment...

[hide]

unbinding green's kidneys for ltk's heart

do you farm guam like me sir ltk

[/hide]

For God's sake man, I'm 13 levels lower than you and I use Chaeldar, and (well not anymore, but 45-54) got a level every task. You're making this 80x worse for yourself.

Bionic_Yoshi.png

TT rewards: 2 ranger boots, Zamorak page 1 (2x), Guthix page 1, Ancient page 2

You must construct additional oak larders doors... I mean pylons

Barrows: 10. Total value~22.3 mil. Ahrim Robeskirt is currently the item I have received the most.

For God's sake man, I'm 13 levels lower than you and I use Chaeldar, and (well not anymore, but 45-54) got a level every task. You're making this 80x worse for yourself.

Exactly... I don't understand why OP is doing a slower, more tedious, and overall worse way instead of the faster way. It's like being 60 dung and doing a C1 f30 solo... doesn't make any sense.

[hide]

[/hide]

That's why Slayer sucks - I shouldn't have to have a BS in math or practically make a spreadsheet just to train a freaking skill. I'm a fairly smart person (supposed evidence in this thread notwithstanding), but the way Slayer works is not only confusing but convoluted and unnecessarily complicated IMO.

900*64/10=5760 -> 5760 xp minimum per task.

Unnecessarily complicated indeed. :rolleyes:

"An Amateur practices until he can get it right. A Professional practices until he can't get it wrong."

nimetnbb.jpg

Quests just keep bringing me back to this game.

One word of advice to anyone, if you're 5 or fewer levels below the requirement for any kind of task, research it and find out if you can use a boost. Think pies, potions, and mature beers. Also, be sure to discover the wonders of the Evil Stew*.

*Consider it as a possible +5 boost if you're willing to invest a bit of time and patience, but never +6.

~ W ~

sigzi.png

You can't get a task if you aren't able to do it without boosts though.

[hide=99s]47,297th to 99 Attack, 12/10/08
47,898th to 99 Hitpoints, 3/29/09
78,286th to 99 Strength, 4/5/09
36,125th to 99 Range, 6/7/09, 12:30 in the morning.
70,280th to 99 Defence, 4/16/10
67,781st to 99 Magic, 8/13/10
Somethingth to 99 Slayer on some day during the Summer (I forgot to write it down)
169,099th to 99 Cooking , 4/9/11
Idk what to 99 fm at some point
Idk what to 99 prayer on 1/28/2012

?? 99 thieving 12/30/2015

?? 99 herblore 1/2/2016, ?? 99 dungeoneering 9/5/2016[/hide]

s2k10n.png

Even if it's a dumb story, telling it changes other people just the slightest little bit, just as living the story changes me. An infinitesimal change. And that infinitesimal change ripples outward-ever smaller but everlasting. I will get forgotten, but the stories will last. And so we all matter-maybe less than a lot, but always more than none.

-John Green (An Abundance of Katherines)

This post dumbfounded me.

How to train slayer:

1. Get a task from your highest slayer master.

2. Do said task, and gain levels in the process.

3. When finished, go back to slayer master.

4. Rinse and repeat.

5. ???

6. PROFIT!!!

Sure is complicated, right? :rolleyes:

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

This post dumbfounded me.

How to train slayer:

1. Get a task from your highest slayer master.

2. Do said task, and gain levels in the process.

3. When finished, go back to slayer master.

4. Rinse and repeat.

5. ???

6. PROFIT!!!

Sure is complicated, right? :rolleyes:

Gahhh all this math is complicated... My head hurts from thinking!

/sarcasm

Seriously, this is all that you do in slayer. I'm still trying to figure out what part of this would be even semi-difficult for you to comprehend. You kill the monsters assigned to you and get the same amount of slayer exp as the monsters lp/10.

[hide]

[/hide]

I think he's too embarrassed to tell that he was awfully wrong... or maybe just plain stubborn.

One thing however makes me ponder at things, is that Zaaps would rather have 4 semi-easy Vannaka/Maszcha/Chaeldar and 1 Duradel(Duracell) / Lapalok - Kuradal Task for the POINTS?, 300+ Points for 35.000 Slayer xp? ... wow, I see the logic... because it makes no sense to save the points and get death runes (in terms of Slay dart casts) and approximately the same amount of exp + mad cash by actually DOING said "H A R D" tasks...

cheap_labour.png

Woohoo........

I'd go out on a limb here and guess that Zaaps said that more for those who just did Smoking Kills and wanted the points to unlock the different abilities (at least slayer helm) as fast as possible, rather than it being a general method of slaying.

That being said, there isn't any math involved in slayer. Get task, do task, get new task, repeat process till you achieve your level. If you wanted to get efficient and figure out which tasks give the most xp, the most cash, etc... then it'd require math. But for us normal people, just kill whatever you get, and use your points to block the tasks you absolutely hate doing.

Not much else to say since everyone else already elaborated on it :P

Link_Olaran.png

I'd go out on a limb here and guess that Zaaps said that more for those who just did Smoking Kills and wanted the points to unlock the different abilities (at least slayer helm) as fast as possible, rather than it being a general method of slaying.

Pretty much. You always should want to get a slayer helm as fast as you can because of how useful it is. After that, the other abilities/items are not nearly as necessary(although extremely useful), so you can just get the rest of the items as you do normal slaying from your best master.

[hide]

[/hide]

Efficiency is the most enjoyable play style. At least for me. And if JAGEX (who cater to the noobiest of noobs) are telling you that you are fighting monsters too weak, that should be a sign. Jus' sayin'.

Amitoz.png

Come to my Clan chat (I'm there if I'm online) if you wish to borrow a Green H'ween mask, Blue H'ween Mask, Red H'ween Mask, or Santa for a reasonable price.

Efficiency is the most enjoyable play style. At least for me. And if JAGEX (who cater to the noobiest of noobs) are telling you that you are fighting monsters too weak, that should be a sign. Jus' sayin'.

Yea, when Jagex's idea of mid-to-high level combat bosses in a quest is a level 120-something monster that can't hit higher than 200, them telling you your tasks are too weak is something to listen to.

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png