The effect of a Balanced combat triangle.

But you don't kill stuff with a lunar spellbook :blink:

Exactly.

Cannon is an addition to melee as much as it is to ranged, because it can work with either equally well. It's not even hybriding. It doesn't count as ranging if you do it in full Bandos with a chaotic rapier.

Join "DG Sweepers" Clan Chat for Dungeoneering Floors | Accepting all tipiters who are Willing to Learn |

Jelly.pngOccultEpicKeyer21.pngBladewing.png

That's similar to saying Magic has vengeance, additions to a certain skill don't work when they can be used with others, and meleing with a cannon is much faster DPS than ranging with one.

Just because its a backup doesnt mean its not being used.

*Actually i take that back. Cannon is [developmentally delayed]ed because other than the fact it gives ranged xp, it could really be used with range, mage, or melee with no penalty.

Its a bit [developmentally delayed]ed how stab attack increases cannon accuracy as much as ranged attack.

O.O

ever seen a maxed melee with turmoil, extreme/ovl, rapier and defender on dragons? even with fire surge/sol/arcane/wolpertine you can't compare the killing speed of melee weapon

Tbh I outkilled few maxed melee, with turmoils, extremes, CLS and DFS (yeah .. I know .. It's not the same .. but) without using ANY potions and prayer. And by outkilled I mean for every 3 dragons they kill .. I killed 5. But considering my experience with this sort of stuff I suppose it was mere luck.

you must tell the secret of how to outkill someone slaying in cls and dfs :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o

Interesting thought, in the upcoming damage soak updates add in negative soaks against the type of combat you are weak against (ie a mage would have a negative soak against range damage so that range attacks would do more damage, conversely the mage would have a positive soak against melee damage and would receive less from melee). Combining armor would then cancel out the soaks leaving you more vulnerable from all sides instead of just one.

That solves nothing. That just makes things annoying; anyhow, I see no evidence of this whatsoever. Plus that just favours melee more anyways, because what type of armour they wear has no significant effect on their combat abilities. Least not helm/plate/legs.

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.
[spoiler=The rest of my sig. You know you wanna see it.]

my difinition of noob is i dont like u, either u are better then me or u are worst them me

Buying spins make you a bad person...don't do it. It's like buying nukes for North Korea.

Well if it bothers you that the game is more fun now, then you can go cry in a corner. :shame:

your article was the equivalent of a circumcized porcupine

The only thing wrong with it is the lack of a percentage for when you need to stroke it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png
Poignant Purple to Lokie's Ravishing Red and Alg's Brilliant Blue.

ever seen a maxed melee with turmoil, extreme/ovl, rapier and defender on dragons? even with fire surge/sol/arcane/wolpertine you can't compare the killing speed of melee weapon

Tbh I outkilled few maxed melee, with turmoils, extremes, CLS and DFS (yeah .. I know .. It's not the same .. but) without using ANY potions and prayer. And by outkilled I mean for every 3 dragons they kill .. I killed 5. But considering my experience with this sort of stuff I suppose it was mere luck.

you must tell the secret of how to outkill someone slaying in cls and dfs :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o

I lol'd.

Yeah, CLS and DFS, even with turmoils and extremes, is like using a d scim and a rune defender.

MstrMonopoly.png

I piety the fool.

I lol'd.

Yeah, CLS and DFS, even with turmoils and extremes, is like using a d scim and a rune defender.

+1. Try to outhit someone who's not in noob gear and see how it goes.

Join "DG Sweepers" Clan Chat for Dungeoneering Floors | Accepting all tipiters who are Willing to Learn |

Jelly.pngOccultEpicKeyer21.pngBladewing.png

I lol'd.

+1. Try to outhit someone who's not in noob gear and see how it goes.

indeed, allthough this is a bit of topic.

a lot of the time useing medium level melee gear still outclasses high end mage/range gear.

mlpfim20percentcoolersi.jpg

I'm a Brony and proud of it!

Only exception is, of course PVP, but yeah. You would need to make a non-pvp item that saves runes or something and boosts magic speed by 1 to make maging worth it.

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

A way to solve the combat triangle problem would be to give range/magic infinite ammo (just like melee) but that would be a bit gamebreaking. Runecrafting would essentially be done for, so no, it's not a good way.

I say just create more monsters that require you to range/mage.

That wouldn't solve the combat triangle problem, Magic/Ranged aren't used in PvM because of their lack of DPS, not their cost.

Yeaah ... nope ...

Lower max hit does not mean lower DPS.

melee has the highest damage output on all bosses except armadyl and dagannoths prime and supreme

i don't even how you try to contest that

Amitoz.png

Come to my Clan chat (I'm there if I'm online) if you wish to borrow a Green H'ween mask, Blue H'ween Mask, Red H'ween Mask, or Santa for a reasonable price.

Yes, it was pure luck.

Barrows: 9~2 V Brass,V Flail,2 Dh Plate,V Helm,V Skirt,T Legs,Malevolent Shield DKing: 48~6 W Ring,13 A Ring,8 M Staff,9 S Ring,7 B Ring,3 Seercull
Dragon Drops: 500+~50+ Med,26 Axe,3 Chain,10+ Legs,10+ Spear,2 D2h,10+ L Half,49 Boots,2 DDs,10+ Lump,9 Claws,50+ Dagger,14 Visage,50+ Mace,4 Scimitar,7 Hasta,Baxe,50+ Long,30+ Royal,2 Kite,4 Ward,2 Plate,Staff,Hammer,Limbs, Mattock,Halberd
GWD: 156~4 S Staff,50+ Shard,9 B Tass,13 B Plate,5 B Boots,6 A Plate,11 S Sword,8 A Hilt,4 A Skirt,9 A Helm,S Hilt,3 B Hilt,B Glove,2 A Buckler,Z Ward,Z Garb,2 Z Boots,B Shield,B Helm

Corp: 3~Elysian,2 Sp Sh Nex: 6~Torva Legs,Cere,P cowl,Z bow,2 T boots + GWD2: 9~2 Glaive,Wand,2 Crest,Blade,2 Essence,Core Araxyte: 5~Web,3 Pheromone,Fang + Raids: 4~3 Codex,P Boots  + Trails: 2~Bob Shirt,Fortunate

Etc: 64~3 Sceptre,B Mask,16 Whip,2 Focus Sight,5 D Bow,7 SOL,Ragefire,2 Steadfast,Arma Staff,6 Rider Armor,5 Vine,2 Razorback,2 A Wand,Abby Orb,3 Blood Shard,6 Hydrix,Gland,Asc Xbow
[spoiler=Capes]Quest Cape Aquired 12-7-07 ~ Level 93 + + + Completionist Cape Aquired 5-22-15 ~ Level 138
Hitpoints Cape Aquired 9-21-09 ~ Level 131 + Magic Cape Aquired 9-24-09 Attack Cape Aquired 3-5-10 ~ Level 135 Summoning Cape Aquired 3-12-10

Strength Cape Aquired 6-1-11 ~ Level 137 Fire Cape Aquired 6-23-11 Defence Cape Aquired 7-5-11 + Ranged Cape Aquired 8-1-11 Kiln Cape Aquired 2-26-12 ~ Level 138
Dungeoneering Cape Aquired 4-22-12 + Slayer Cape Aquired 6-25-14 ~ Level 200 + Herblore Cape Acquired 12-9-14 ~ Level 138 Prayer Cape Acquired 12-20-14
Agility Cape Acquired 1-4-15 + Hunter Cape Acquired 1-30-15 Construction Cape Acquired 1-31-15 Crafting Cape Acquired 2-22-15 Thieving Cape Acquired 3-18-15
Runecrafting Cape Acquired 4-14-15 Mining Cape Acquired 4-19-15 Fishing Cape Acquired 4-25-15 Firemaking Cape Acquired 4-26-15 Woodcutting Cape Acquired 4-26-15
Cooking Cape Acquired 4-26-15Smithing Cape Acquired 4-28-15 Farming Cape Acquired 4-29-15 Divination Cape Acquired 5-3-15 Dungeoneering Mastery 5-4-15
Fletching Cape Acquired 5-4-15 Max Cape Acquired 5-4-15 + Invention Cape Acquired 11-9-16 Invention Mastery 5-16-19 + Archaeology Cape Acquired 10-30-20

Main issue with Magic is it's cost. It's DPS isn't that bad, is it? Chaotic staff, arcane stream necklace, Wolpertinger, celestial surgebox, hexcrest and a ferocious ring and you can inflict some heavy damage. I think Fire Surge maxes at around 718 in that armor.

I would like to see a passive rune saving ability which increases the higher your Magic level is and a change to magic potions because they're not worth using on a Slayer task right now. Their duration should be lengthenend. Adding spell effects to elemental spells could be useful. For example, Fire Surge has a burning effect, similiar to the Blazer class ring in Daemonheim but much weaker.