Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

What are your reasons of living?

• Please log in to reply
61 replies to this topic

Zygimantas
[ Display Name History ]

Zygimantas

Demon Vanquisher

• Members
  • 2,120 posts
I live to experience these types of questions, human emotion and human thought. To experience pain and suffering as well as happiness and satisfaction. Every thought is just a thought, every action is just an action. Nothing is of importance other then what you make to be of importance. I laugh when sometimes people tell me " You must do this." There is nothing I must do, there is nothing I must feel, nothing I must believe. It's all just.... an experience.

Everyone can have their own reason, it is just a reason after all.
99 Hunter - November 1st, 2008
99 Cooking -July 22nd, 2009
99 Firemaking - July 29th, 2010
99 Fletching - December 30th, 2010

Assume Nothing
[ Display Name History ]

Assume Nothing

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,191 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Semi-Retired
I don't even know why, but I want to put a typeracer quote here.

I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived.

obfuscator
[ Display Name History ]

obfuscator

Tanned Caveman

• Members
  • 20,231 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Retired
Well the religious would say you live so that you can make yourself ready for God.

At very least, you live because life is a gift. It is true that many people will not have a huge impact, and their legacy will be minimal - but that's not everyone. Personally, I believe we live to leave the world a better place then when we arrived.

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti

Seraphi
[ Display Name History ]

Seraphi

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 7,414 posts
  • RSN:Void Seraphi
I live because I am afraid to die.
Posted Image

J a m e s
[ Display Name History ]

J a m e s

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 380 posts
This James2k06 seems quite depressed. I think someone should tell him what to do because he obviously is helpless and is struggling. He just needs a hug. Poor guy.

noobs crowding hill giants? not on my watch

Carl
[ Display Name History ]

Carl

I <3 N_odie!

• Members
  • 2,376 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
  • RSN:Carl
  • RSN2:Newb
Interesting conversation you two had. Personally - living is something one just does. I don't expect much from it. As it is, we all spend until we're around the age of 18 in school. You then move on to college, if you wish, until you're in your 20's. You get a job. You spend your life working in that job or jobs around that area to fund just living. You reach ~65 and no longer work. You're not really free to do the things you once were able to. You grow old, you die. Basically, life is just getting educated to work to fund your life and a simply death. Nothing impressive, nothing "Wow", nothing that would make me appreciate it anymore.

As others have said, they live for the "Now", as do I. I could get hit by a bus tomorrow.

RIP Michaelangelopolous

Alg
[ Display Name History ]

Alg

Troll General

• Editorial Panel
  • 10,880 posts
James: Making FSC more philosophical since... I don't know the year.

I live because I'm already here and might as well do something with it. Just getting rid of it seems like a waste.

indy500fan
[ Display Name History ]

indy500fan

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 8,216 posts
  • RuneScape Status:None
I live because I don't want to not exist. There is no ultimate purpose for life, it just happened.
Posted Image
Posted Image

nine naked men
[ Display Name History ]

nine naked men

Chief Beef

• Members
  • 5,556 posts
Food, carnal relations and technology. The three greatest things.
FBqTDdL.jpg
sleep like dead men
wake up like dead men

Saru Inc
[ Display Name History ]

Saru Inc

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 6,463 posts
  • RSN:Saru Inc
  • RSN2:Saruman44
  • RSN '07:Thengel55
  • Clan:SODB

K, seriously, this guy needs to stop being so emo. There is no happiness? You can never overcome your struggles? Really?

If by any chance this guy ISN'T suicidal, tell him to gtfo and kill himself. I have no use for this.

He has attempted suicide twice before setting his house on fire for a million dollar damage and being send to jail for about 6 months. I can probably link to news article later. But it's still not nice to talk to James like that :thumbdown:

EDIT: articles got removed because they were from 2009.

So we should be terrorized into feeling bad for him? I won't go into this much, because I'm not one to expend energy in such regards, but just as I don't give into bot hunters saying hi every 5 seconds; I won't go to a pity party just because it's for a good cause. He didn't handle his rage well, and we should reward him by feeling bad for him?

But to break off of that, I honestly believe we should live to live, why not? No one can really give me a good reason. I also am a Christian, so that has part of it.

I have all the 99s, and have been playing since 2001. Comped 4/30/15 

My Araxxi Kills: 459::Araxxi Drops(KC):

Araxxi Hilts: 4x Eye (14/126/149/459), Web - (100) Fang (193)

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)
Boss Pets: Supreme - 848 KC

If you play Xbox One - Add me! GT: Urtehnoes - Currently on a Destiny binge 

The_Gabe
[ Display Name History ]

The_Gabe

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,503 posts
  • RSN '07:The_Gabe555

K, seriously, this guy needs to stop being so emo. There is no happiness? You can never overcome your struggles? Really?

If by any chance this guy ISN'T suicidal, tell him to gtfo and kill himself. I have no use for this.

He has attempted suicide twice before setting his house on fire for a million dollar damage and being send to jail for about 6 months. I can probably link to news article later. But it's still not nice to talk to James like that :thumbdown:

EDIT: articles got removed because they were from 2009.

So we should be terrorized into feeling bad for him? I won't go into this much, because I'm not one to expend energy in such regards, but just as I don't give into bot hunters saying hi every 5 seconds; I won't go to a pity party just because it's for a good cause. He didn't handle his rage well, and we should reward him by feeling bad for him?

But to break off of that, I honestly believe we should live to live, why not? No one can really give me a good reason. I also am a Christian, so that has part of it.

I was just supplying Sir_Squab information about the person he was flaming.
Posted Image

Three months banishment to 9gag is something i would never wish upon anybody, not even my worst enemy.

Zierro
[ Display Name History ]

Zierro

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 8,253 posts
My sperm form was very instinctually eager to reach the egg, so I was born. I don't see any good reason to challenge the greatest opportunity I will ever come across.

Plus I enjoy getting high, whether the endorphin rush is achieved through drugs, food, sex, or comfort.

monaliza
[ Display Name History ]

monaliza

Chicken Feather

• Members
  • 6 posts
  • RSN:monaliza
Life is amix between laugh and pain.An Exam that we must pass it

Napalm
[ Display Name History ]

Napalm

Scarier than Haunter

• Members
  • 2,198 posts
Dying is too much of a hassle.
Posted Image

Giordano
[ Display Name History ]

Giordano

Troll General

• Members
  • 11,438 posts
  • RSN:Pasta Cheif
  • Clan:Chef Films
My reasons?

To hope one day to obtain a TIF mod position and stop people from bumping old threads.
"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."
Posted Image

Nenga
[ Display Name History ]

Nenga

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,187 posts
My reason for living? I guess I don't really have one, but I don't really have a reason to kill myself either. As for my thoughts on life: plastic.

Riku3220
[ Display Name History ]

Riku3220

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 7,800 posts
Your friend is right, our lives generally are pointless. But why does that bird or ant live? They make such a minimal impact on the world that their lives are TOO meaningless compared to ours. It's just natural instinct to stay alive. You don't need a reason or a purpose, or at least I don't.

I'm alive, so I don't see a point in NOT trying to enjoy what little time I may or may not have.

EDIT: Wow, old topic. How did I not see this when it was first posted?
Posted Image

The_Gabe
[ Display Name History ]

The_Gabe

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,503 posts
  • RSN '07:The_Gabe555
It's ok, my topics get revived sometimes. Continue happily posting I suppose.
Posted Image

Three months banishment to 9gag is something i would never wish upon anybody, not even my worst enemy.

Dizzle229
[ Display Name History ]

Dizzle229

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 6,771 posts
  • RSN:dizzle229
I live my life to enjoy it as I see fit. Doesn't matter to me if people remember me 50 years after I die, because I'll be dead.
Posted Image

Get back here so I can rub your butt.

The Observer
[ Display Name History ]

The Observer

Lead the charge

• SwiftKit Staff
  • 12,959 posts
There is no ultimate purpose to life other than to live. Just live life to its fullest.

j0xPu5R.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users