You know that shiny red dragon defender that so many people have been suggesting on the forums? Well, from today, you can get one from the noble custodians of the Warriors' Guild...that is if you already own a rune defender and spend some more time in Kamfreena's cyclops room.
While in that room after a dragon defender, the cyclopes may just have had enough of you killing off their brethren, and call in their bigger, meaner brother-in-arms the cyclossus. He's no pushover, and youll need a rune or dragon defender equipped, but should you be able to defeat him youll find yourself well rewarded!
To aid you in gaining a dragon defender, the other trainers at the Warriors' Guild have made some small tweaks to their own training rooms. For instance, you'll find that your Strength level and stance really makes a difference when throwing the shot, and Jimmy's added a little extra challenge when youre wearing your alcoholic headpiece.
You'll also no longer have to carry around bagfuls of tokens, as they are now just kept track of in a handy interface. You can also use a new multi-token mode in the cyclops room, which will give you more time in there, increasing your chances of receiving a dragon defender.
Senior RuneScape Content Developer
Queen of the Squirrels
In other news...
The penguin spies have decided to mix things up and have hence become a little less predictable. They are also scoping out a couple of new areas...
Sounds when attacking NPCs and players have been updated to play louder sounds depending on how hard you are hit, and playing no sound if you take no damage.
The following small fixes and adjustments have now been made to the game. If you spot any further bugs in-game, please use the Bug Report feature ('Submit a Bug Report' under the 'Help' drop-down menu of the website).
* Stealing Creation borders will no longer flicker with the ground.
* Stone tiles on the Neitiznot towers no longer flicker.
* Aviansies now correctly fire projectiles against other NPCs.
* Grass around the Soul's Bane rift no longer flickers.
* Items no longer float above tables in Draynor.
* Mosquito hit bars no longer jump when attacking them.
* Dogs have had their animations updated.
* Unicorns now stand on hills correctly.
* Morrigan's javelin now rests correctly in female characters hands.
* Skull banners and the long hair with fringe haircut no longer have a polygon stretching between them.
* Ahrim's robeskirt no longer warps while resting.
* Sir Tiffy now holds his tea saucer correctly.
* Items dropped on the Dungeoneering auto-grouping room barriers no longer float.
* The updated gas mask has been added to a few more NPCs.
* Vanstrom Klause now has an animation when sitting.
* A chaotic longsword and fire cape are no longer joined when worn together.
* The albino rats Cheese Feast animation has been updated.
* The animation for two-handed swords has been updated to stop players' hips from contorting.
* The Hope Devourer music track is now correctly ordered in the music list.
Quests and Tasks
* The Tasks interface now correctly recognises the locality north of Edgeville.
* The Desert Mining Camps gates now allow players to enter from wherever they are standing.
* Using a seed pod during Do No Evil now gives players a more descriptive message before teleporting.
Activities and Distractions
* Lighting and putting out Castle Wars barricades now uses a cool-down to prevent un-explodable barriers.
* Stealing Creation magic potions now boost the player's Magic level by 5.
* Using vials on the altar in the Shades of Mortton activity now automatically uses all vials.
* God bows now correctly state that they can fire up to rune arrows.
* The Assist System timeout message now correctly realises that one hour is not plural.
* Herblore Habitat potion wearing off messages now show up in the chatbox in a different colour and are no longer filtered.
* The tutorial message about eating food now only repeats itself every thirty seconds.
* A barrel has been removed near Sithik's room to allow the player to move without closing a door.
* The Lumbridge Doomsayer now realises that the Wilderness ditch has been filled in.
* Lapalok's Slayer challenge no longer refers to crawlings hands.
* Advisor Ghrim no longer refers to himself using a debug name.
* Dialog for adding spikes to rock climbing boots has been updated to explain why Tenzig won't spike them.
* The Smithing skill guide has been updated to reflect the difference between runite ore and rune bars.
* The overgrown garden Dungeoneering challenge room now rewards players with experience in Farming and Woodcutting.
* It is no longer possible to use a gatestone inside the puzzle rooms in the confusing portals challenge room.
* Kal'Ger is no longer attackable during his introduction.
* The Dungeoneering skill guide no longer refers to menbers.