07-Dec-2010 - Warriors� Guild and Dragon Defender

Michael

You know that shiny red dragon defender that so many people have been suggesting on the forums? Well' date=' from today, you can get one from the noble custodians of the Warriors' Guild...that is if you already own a rune defender and spend some more time in Kamfreena's cyclops room.

While in that room after a dragon defender, the cyclopes may just have had enough of you killing off their brethren, and call in their bigger, meaner brother-in-arms the cyclossus. He's no pushover, and youll need a rune or dragon defender equipped, but should you be able to defeat him youll find yourself well rewarded!

To aid you in gaining a dragon defender, the other trainers at the Warriors' Guild have made some small tweaks to their own training rooms. For instance, you'll find that your Strength level and stance really makes a difference when throwing the shot, and Jimmy's added a little extra challenge when youre wearing your alcoholic headpiece.

You'll also no longer have to carry around bagfuls of tokens, as they are now just kept track of in a handy interface. You can also use a new multi-token mode in the cyclops room, which will give you more time in there, increasing your chances of receiving a dragon defender.

Mod Maz

Senior RuneScape Content Developer

Queen of the Squirrels

In other news...

The penguin spies have decided to mix things up and have hence become a little less predictable. They are also scoping out a couple of new areas...

Sounds when attacking NPCs and players have been updated to play louder sounds depending on how hard you are hit, and playing no sound if you take no damage.[/quote']

The following small fixes and adjustments have now been made to the game. If you spot any further bugs in-game' date=' please use the Bug Report feature ('Submit a Bug Report' under the 'Help' drop-down menu of the website).

Graphical

* Stealing Creation borders will no longer flicker with the ground.

* Stone tiles on the Neitiznot towers no longer flicker.

* Aviansies now correctly fire projectiles against other NPCs.

* Grass around the Soul's Bane rift no longer flickers.

* Items no longer float above tables in Draynor.

* Mosquito hit bars no longer jump when attacking them.

* Dogs have had their animations updated.

* Unicorns now stand on hills correctly.

* Morrigan's javelin now rests correctly in female characters hands.

* Skull banners and the long hair with fringe haircut no longer have a polygon stretching between them.

* Ahrim's robeskirt no longer warps while resting.

* Sir Tiffy now holds his tea saucer correctly.

* Items dropped on the Dungeoneering auto-grouping room barriers no longer float.

* The updated gas mask has been added to a few more NPCs.

* Vanstrom Klause now has an animation when sitting.

* A chaotic longsword and fire cape are no longer joined when worn together.

* The albino rats Cheese Feast animation has been updated.

* The animation for two-handed swords has been updated to stop players' hips from contorting.

Audio

* The Hope Devourer music track is now correctly ordered in the music list.

Quests and Tasks

* The Tasks interface now correctly recognises the locality north of Edgeville.

* The Desert Mining Camps gates now allow players to enter from wherever they are standing.

* Using a seed pod during Do No Evil now gives players a more descriptive message before teleporting.

Activities and Distractions

* Lighting and putting out Castle Wars barricades now uses a cool-down to prevent un-explodable barriers.

* Stealing Creation magic potions now boost the player's Magic level by 5.

* Using vials on the altar in the Shades of Mortton activity now automatically uses all vials.

Miscellaneous

* God bows now correctly state that they can fire up to rune arrows.

* The Assist System timeout message now correctly realises that one hour is not plural.

* Herblore Habitat potion wearing off messages now show up in the chatbox in a different colour and are no longer filtered.

* The tutorial message about eating food now only repeats itself every thirty seconds.

* A barrel has been removed near Sithik's room to allow the player to move without closing a door.

* The Lumbridge Doomsayer now realises that the Wilderness ditch has been filled in.

* Lapalok's Slayer challenge no longer refers to crawlings hands.

* Advisor Ghrim no longer refers to himself using a debug name.

* Dialog for adding spikes to rock climbing boots has been updated to explain why Tenzig won't spike them.

* The Smithing skill guide has been updated to reflect the difference between runite ore and rune bars.

Dungeoneering

* The overgrown garden Dungeoneering challenge room now rewards players with experience in Farming and Woodcutting.

* It is no longer possible to use a gatestone inside the puzzle rooms in the confusing portals challenge room.

* Kal'Ger is no longer attackable during his introduction.

* The Dungeoneering skill guide no longer refers to menbers. [/quote']

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From the KB:

By fighting and defeating cyclopes, you gain a chance that they will drop a defender, among other items. The first defender you get will always be bronze. When you have this, return to Kamfreena and show her it. When you enter again, she will say that the cyclopes will now drop the next one up (iron). Again, you will have to kill them until you are lucky enough to receive this drop. Continue this for steel, black, mithril, adamant, rune and finally dragon. The hallowed dragon defender is much more likely to be dropped by a cyclossus, which can only be defeated while wielding a dragon or rune defender.

Note the bolded part. Does this mean that normal cyclopes can still drop the dragon defender? Hmm Hmm Hmm.

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

OMFG@@@@@@@@@

TBH not really caring if its muli/single, I have claws/bandos/overloads/turm etc. But I hope its not too packed...

Stonewall337.png
[hide=Drops]Araxxor Eye x1 Leg pieces x2
GWD: 5000 Addy bar Steam B Staff x3 Z Spear x6 Sara. Hilt x2 Bandos Hilt x2 (LS, Solo)SS x6 (1 LS)
Tormented Demons: Shard x6 Slice x5 Claws x9 Limbs x3
DKS: Archer x21 Warrior x31 Berserker x30 Axe x51[/hide]

From the KB:

By fighting and defeating cyclopes, you gain a chance that they will drop a defender, among other items. The first defender you get will always be bronze. When you have this, return to Kamfreena and show her it. When you enter again, she will say that the cyclopes will now drop the next one up (iron). Again, you will have to kill them until you are lucky enough to receive this drop. Continue this for steel, black, mithril, adamant, rune and finally dragon. The hallowed dragon defender is much more likely to be dropped by a cyclossus, which can only be defeated while wielding a dragon or rune defender.

Note the bolded part. Does this mean that normal cyclopes can still drop the dragon defender? Hmm Hmm Hmm.

Yes.

newsigb.png

99 Attack - Done

sounds like the cyclossus is a one-monster in the cyclops room. UGH. It is going to be so packed in there.

EDIT:

Just read this: You will have a greater chance of fighting a cyclossus

Seems like it will appear after you kill a certain amount of cylcops

Yay. Farm run then defender.

EDIT: got one. It's madness in that guild :shock:. Took 11 kills or so.

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

New pengs? Hopefully theres more than 16 points available per week :D

Nah, they just give new possible locations I think, keeping the total amount of points maximum still at 16.

hvXho.png

99+ all 23rd March 2012 - 2496 total 13th June 2012.

9000+ dragon drops! Including draconic visage, d chains, d spears, d2h, d claws, d meds, d legs, d skirts... d bones, d hides :)?

w85p2012-1.png

I want jagex to put resource dungeons and dungeoneering skill doors to dungeoneering floors so I can dungeon and get dungeoneering xp while I dg so I don't have to dg to get dg exp, but I can dg while I dg :)?

100+ people my world, freakin crazy laggy

[hide]

99 Strength 99 Fletching 99 Range 99 Hitpoints 99 Attack

99 Dungeoneering <3 99 Magic 99 Smithing 99 Herblore

99 Theving

Slayer Drops: 14 whips, 22 D boots, 27 Granite Mauls, 42 Effigies, 5 Dark Bows.

What would be cool is if Drakan and his minions kill all the sig heroes in the quest except Raptor who is wrecking. You and him team up and cave in some vampyre heads. He becomes a total bro in future quests and in a GM quest he receives a fatal injury and his last dying words to you are "Brofist, mang"

[/hide]

Seems like a good update ^^. Even though I will probably never get one of those defenders, I'm happy that Jagex put them into the game since so many players have requested them for so long. And the dragon defender looks cool too.

However, I think that the best part of this update is the new combat sounds. Awesome work, Jagex :D!

lGxorje.png

Add me if you so wish: SwreeTak

Penguins different locations? :S Bloody hell it already takes me like 2 hours to do em.

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12