07-Dec-2010 - Warriors� Guild and Dragon Defender

Michael

I think everyone should laugh at the stupidity of the people who camp for dragon defenders during the first week or so. Seriously, is your brain damaged? Going out and picking empty bottles from trash would be more productive activity to do.

Sorry for wanting a new item.

Btw, over half way done.

ddefsday2.png

I rest my case.....

I'll go back in a week or two when the people who feel compelled to hoard 100+ D. Defenders have filled their boots. =D>

If your good at sniping spawns theres no reason not to camp for defenders.

If your a PVPer, theres every reason to get multiple defenders.

O.O

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can empathise why some might be a little peeved about struggling for one defender whilst others have 66, but in general, people at the Warriors Guild don't seem too frustrated with the competition. The tokens don't drain anywhere near as fast as they did under the old physical token system if you're using the multiple tokens system, so it's not a huge deal if two people fight for a spawn - you'll have more than enough time to get at least one anyway.

* A chaotic longsword and fire cape are no longer joined when worn together.

ive been waiting for them to fix that since i got one. I don't look stupid with it anymore!

Wrong.

You'll always look stupid for using a cls instead of a rapier.

Main Account - Max cape achieved 10th September 2011
Noob Account - 2300 total and climbing 

6CCmn.jpg

I can empathise why some might be a little peeved about struggling for one defender whilst others have 66, but in general, people at the Warriors Guild don't seem too frustrated with the competition. The tokens don't drain anywhere near as fast as they did under the old physical token system if you're using the multiple tokens system, so it's not a huge deal if two people fight for a spawn - you'll have more than enough time to get at least one anyway.

I welcome competition. Given that Runescape is all about amassing stuff, the "you've gathered enough, my turn," train of thought doesn't apply.

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

Did anyone else notice Harralaak is no longer holding his side from when Lucien injured him in WGS?

harlakk.png

Wonder if this is a glitch?

That's good. I mean, sure he was injured, but that was what? Two years ago? Time to heal up and move on, eat a shark and get on with it.

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

Did anyone else notice Harralaak is no longer holding his side from when Lucien injured him in WGS?

harlakk.png

That's good. I mean, sure he was injured, but that was what? Two years ago? Time to heal up and move on, eat a shark and get on with it.

What if someone did the quest 2 days ago?

whatisrush-1.png

Fisher/Woodcut------Me-----Miner/crafter----Stabber----Leecher

^Golvellius must be so proud^

FlowerPower.png

harlakk.png

Drink a brew?

O.O

Drink a brew?

I lol'd. That whole dialogue was perfect.

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

If people are looking for good ways to get rid of helms, since they're F2P but need members to get, many F2P'ers are willing to pay a lot for them. Last night I saw 3 people just wandering around the GE asking if people had the helms because they were looking to buy. I think they usually were offering 1-2M, not sure what the 'real' street price is on them, but if you have F2P junk, then you might as well try.

What is f2p junk?

Ergh this is such a poor effort for an update of this magnitude. I only just read about it and gone through this thread.

When they first made this update in the past they made a huge mistake by not making adjustments for initial crowds. So like 5 years later when they release the dragon defender, instead of learning from this they just suddenly allow a dragon defender with no particular effort with the same lameness as before.

There a competitive game and there is just lame gameplay. This is lame gameplay.

Fortunately im not doing anything particually combat related for me to want to rush to get it. So in a few weeks I shaw try to get it.

I also hear people get it fast. I wonder if that was done on purpose due to the crowds.. however that isnt a solution. That just makes for a poor update in general considering there was no new effort needed to try and get the drop.

Seriously all they did was pretty much add a new item to a monsters database and a new type of monster while repeating all past mistakes. What the hell is that meant to be about. Its a dragon item that actually still matters!

Rather continue to play more minecraft atm as it reminds me of why I enjoyed runescape when I first began. I not sure what to say except im disappointed in how they neglected all the possibilities available to make a much better introduction to the game.

I was one of the people who thought it would require some new tokens to get the DD so had none when the update came around, is it worth the time getting some tokens in every activity to get the DD or would it be quicker just to do the best activity for tokens?

SLwQsg1.png

"Unfortunately, the real world isn't the same as a fairy tale."

I was one of the people who thought it would require some new tokens to get the DD so had none when the update came around, is it worth the time getting some tokens in every activity to get the DD or would it be quicker just to do the best activity for tokens?

I really don't know for sure. When it was crowded it was better to do the activities as they are semi-instanced, and multiple tokens increases the drop rate, slows the drain rate, so you need less kills to get a drop.

Right now it could be either way, just try and see what you like and report back here :P.

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

I think you get 60 of each (or so) to start out with automatically. When the crowds die down, that's more than enough to get 2+ defenders, if the current drop rate holds.

Even with crowds, if you are good you should be able to make it work.

Of course, luck is a factor.

I think you get 60 of each (or so) to start out with automatically.

Where did you hear this? I received none whatsoever for having no tokens at all. Took 150 of each discipline to get two defenders, but I got it when it was crowded.

I think you get 60 of each (or so) to start out with automatically.

Where did you hear this? I received none whatsoever for having no tokens at all. Took 150 of each discipline to get two defenders, but I got it when it was crowded.

I didn't hear it anywhere. I had absolutely 0 warrior guild tokens before the update and when I logged on, I somehow had 60 in each minigame.

However it might be that I forgot about some I did have...which would explain this thinking. If it's true that you DO NOT get free tokens, then if you were to just get 50 tokens or so in each minigame on your own (=10 minutes of work?), you'd be set.

If people are looking for good ways to get rid of helms, since they're F2P but need members to get, many F2P'ers are willing to pay a lot for them. Last night I saw 3 people just wandering around the GE asking if people had the helms because they were looking to buy. I think they usually were offering 1-2M, not sure what the 'real' street price is on them, but if you have F2P junk, then you might as well try.

What is f2p junk?

PRetty much non existant rofl.

O.O

What is f2p junk?

Bananas.

Amitoz.png

Come to my Clan chat (I'm there if I'm online) if you wish to borrow a Green H'ween mask, Blue H'ween Mask, Red H'ween Mask, or Santa for a reasonable price.