Batman Arkham City

Low C

500x_custom_1281013971103_bac.jpg

The sequel to Batman: Arkham Asylum now has an official title -- Batman: Arkham City -- and will launch on PlayStation 3, PC and Xbox 360 in Fall 2011. There go your fears of deleterious franchise annualization! Of course, we might just go mad waiting so long for the follow-up to one of 2009's best games.

As you may have guessed from a handful of internet domain registrations, the sequel will take place in "Arkham City", a "heavily fortified" mini-city deep inside Gotham City. Warner Bros. Interactive hasn't offered further details on the game's plot or new features, but a pair of gorgeous Game Informer covers (September issue) hint at a more brutal tone and reveal some of the villains Batman may encounter. You'll spot a very patriotic Two-Face, and a possible romantic interest in Catwoman.

The official Batman: Arkham City website is up now, though it only displays the initial teaser trailer from the VGAs at the moment.

http://www.batmanarkhamcity.com/us/index.html

http://kotaku.com/5605229/batman-ark...ming-fall-2011

http://eon.businesswire.com/portal/s...&newsLan g=en

Discuss.

Low_C.png

.....IN THE FALL?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WWaLxFIVX1s

Too far away ;_; I'm really looking forward to this sequel though. The first one was a great game to play (although it had an anticlimactic ending!) and I'm really looking to see what happens next.

hzvjpwS.gif

Old news is old.

They already leaked loads of details including the fact theres hidden teasers for the 3rd instalment within the 2nd game. Much like the hidden concept art and maps for arkham city within arkham asylum that no-one found until developers guided them. I mean seriously did they actually expect people to try blowing up random walls that dont show in detective mode, and no jsut the once but SIX times for it to break and reveal stuff?

So excitied though interrogations sound epic and its confirmed we START with all the asylum gadgets then gain a whole new epic set

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Old news is old.

They already leaked loads of details including the fact theres hidden teasers for the 3rd instalment within the 2nd game. Much like the hidden concept art and maps for arkham city within arkham asylum that no-one found until developers guided them. I mean seriously did they actually expect people to try blowing up random walls that dont show in detective mode, and no jsut the once but SIX times for it to break and reveal stuff?

So excitied though interrogations sound epic and its confirmed we START with all the asylum gadgets then gain a whole new epic set

Eh it kind of assured that the hype didn't boil over until they were ready for it to. Maybe. I guess.

MEH!

hzvjpwS.gif

Fall 2011? Man :(.

The first one was a great game. I actually didn't believe the hype until I played it for myself; so fun (save for the kind of meh boss fights).

My brother is so proud he "beat" the game when he borrowed it off me.

If you count having your younger apparently not as good at games brother gather up all the secrets for you and complete the boss fights agaisnt Bane, Ivy, Joker, Harley and 2/3 Scarecrow bits as beating the game that is

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

I really didn't like the first. I found the combat very clunky, and the camera very, very annoying. The style was cool though.

The combat is clunky is you suck at combining moves and getting a combo going. Obv just a button masher really but still combat was so slick and fluid it was one of the games best features.

I don't see watchu mean about the camera, it wasn't like a special or akward camera in my experience. Just like a blog standard pivot on character contrl it with the right stick camera where movement is relative to the camera.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

• 10 months later...

Anyone played it? I finished the main campaign a few days ago and will probably go back to get the Riddler challenges done as well as the side missions. I enjoyed most of it, seemed to lack a bit of Asylum's charm though as I didn't think there was enough of Joker in the overall storyline. Mark Hamill was outstanding once again though.

Anyone played it? I finished the main campaign a few days ago and will probably go back to get the Riddler challenges done as well as the side missions. I enjoyed most of it, seemed to lack a bit of Asylum's charm though as I didn't think there was enough of Joker in the overall storyline. Mark Hamill was outstanding once again though.

I liked the overall plot though I felt the ending was a bit rushed. It felt like defeating joker should've been half the game, then with your health back investigate Hugo and protocol 10; but you have that fight then it all feels very rushed with the missles then Hugo and Ras being killed off rather anti-climatically (kinda closed up good plot routes for sequel) then a dash off to the Joker for 1 final battle which tbh felt a bit naff compared to some earlier fights, afterall it was basically just dodging while mashing rt.

The side plots were nice, though I have a few to finish off (Bane + the political prisoners) plus gotta do Catwoman's Two-Face battle.

I knew there wouldn't be too much joker the devs did say they've set it up to be sort of a rolling plot as in game 1 = joker, game 2 = more joker + start of new character then game 3 will be continuation of part of this game and game 4 would continue game 3 a bit and intro new ppl etc.

Was nice to see sooooooo many villains and some truly creepy moments (madhat and calendarman) and a few nice nods to the previous game from one side of the city you could see akrham island with all of ivys vines.

I disliked some easily missed details though, like apparently blackmask, deadshot and the clay guy can all be seen around the edges of the opening walk into the city, the easter egg of scarecrows shipment was a bit meh as well. I also would've liked to be told WHY half the city is flooded and Robin's random short-lived appearance seemed entirely unneccessary other than to point out LOOK WE MADE ROBIN FOR A DLC PACK!

Plv6Dz6.jpg