Capital in F2P is useless?

amitoz

What use is money in P2P? It may have more things to do, but they are all to the same end goals of having more money or higher skills.

Skills over 50 that actually matter.

nothing actualy matters

why do you need 99 smithing? you dont... to make rune plates... id rather save all th effort of getting 99 smith when people sell it

cooking.... buy the food

everything is buyable

nothing is needed in rs its just a set goal for people to acheive

same in ftp

you dont need 99 cooking in ftp

like you dont need higher crafting than 90 in p2p but you they still do it for the same reasons of ability to do it

Nothing matters in P2P?

95 prayer?

96 herblore?

Those are really useful and you can drop 400-500m on them. So no, money isn't useless in P2P

For F2P though, it's another thing...

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I started reading at .. somewhere around the end of the 1st page .. I have just 1 simple question

Increasing the mass (the quantity if you will) of the money in an economy can cause inflation. Inflation means having more money than needed (and the result of that is that the money become "cheaper") ... So can anyone answer me .. how can rares actually affect inflation o.O as far as I know they dont bring more gold in the market nor they decrease the "value" of gold.

I started reading at .. somewhere around the end of the 1st page .. I have just 1 simple question

Increasing the mass (the quantity if you will) of the money in an economy can cause inflation. Inflation means having more money than needed (and the result of that is that the money become "cheaper") ... So can anyone answer me .. how can rares actually affect inflation o.O as far as I know they dont bring more gold in the market nor they decrease the "value" of gold.

O yes they bring more money in the game. They are the engine for merchanting, junktrading, etc. They are the reason why merchant clans exists.

In F2P, you don't need more money than about 10 mill.

You buy some gems and gold and you can craft your levels for breakeven cash.

Buy some raw tuna or lobsters and you won't lose much with 99 cooking.

Mining and smithing bars is a good money source. Make adamant or runite bars, sell them, buy steel bars back.

Only above level 70 prayer is loads of cash needed.

greedy44.png

O yes they bring more money in the game. They are the engine for merchanting, junktrading, etc. They are the reason why merchant clans exists.

Hmmm .. now that you mention it ... Can junk cause inflation o.O. It is a form of money after all. (Merchanting DOES NOT bring money in the game, it just circulates)

EDIT: But then again bartering (junk trading) can't cause inflation (in other words I've answered the question myself ..)

because capital and money (or wealth, which is what the correct term is in the context of the titular question) have two (three) very different meanings.

it doesn't make you sound smarter when you misuse the terms :thumbup:

So by your understanding I can't use the words "ass", "bang", "beater", "bin", "biscuit", "block"... amongst many others?

Wealth is also a ring of wealth by your standards...

OffTOPIK naemmee Herp-da-derrppp... STOP TROLLING TROLL. :thumbup:

Good day. :)

I liked you more when you were inactive on these boards.

Main Account - Max cape achieved 10th September 2011
Noob Account - 2300 total and climbing 

6CCmn.jpg

If you've got enough money, you can use Binds and Blasts in Clan Wars, definitely more fun than using wind strike ;)

So money will never be useless, and can help you to make more fun.

The only thing you really need money for in F2P is Prayer, and @#$% you need alot money for that #-o

B71AkU0.png      Fire_Hawk154.png

Buyable skills are a great reason to have a lot of money. High levels and a lot of xp is respected in f2p too ;)

That's true. But for a pure, what's the use of excess cash?

Amitoz.png

Come to my Clan chat (I'm there if I'm online) if you wish to borrow a Green H'ween mask, Blue H'ween Mask, Red H'ween Mask, or Santa for a reasonable price.

Buyable skills are a great reason to have a lot of money. High levels and a lot of xp is respected in f2p too ;)

That's true. But for a pure, what's the use of excess cash?

You're talking about a low-smithing pure? That's a hypothetical situation.

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

one you get enough money for:

a few hundred swordfish

a fair amont of runes

rune armour, 2h, scimy, axe n pic.

adamant arrows.

upkeep of gravite weapons.

upkeep of pking gear.

enough for all skills to level 50ish.

thats all you will ever need.

you could get god/rune armour, gold trim d-hide, high level skills, partyhats or just a plain pile of chash. but thats all stuff people want, not need.

if you got all the money you will need in f2p, and go to members, you would be able to buy a medium grade armour part or 2.

most barrows platebodys are at around 4 to 6 mill bout now.

in a nut shell: useless? no

usefull? no.

mlpfim20percentcoolersi.jpg

I'm a Brony and proud of it!

Isn't having lots of cash in f2p a good thing? Preparation for members, money to use on buyables, as well as PvP?

It's not useless in any way. If anything it would be MORE useful seeing how much more expensive certain skills in f2p are compared to the p2p counterparts.

None of those skills are actually useful in f2p though.

With exception of prayer, theres pretty much no buyable skill that gives any semblance of use in f2p.

O.O

one you get enough money for:

a few hundred swordfish

a fair amont of runes

rune armour, 2h, scimy, axe n pic.

adamant arrows.

upkeep of gravite weapons.

upkeep of pking gear.

enough for all skills to level 50ish.

thats all you will ever need.

you could get god/rune armour, gold trim d-hide, high level skills, partyhats or just a plain pile of chash. but thats all stuff people want, not need.

if you got all the money you will need in f2p, and go to members, you would be able to buy a medium grade armour part or 2.

most barrows platebodys are at around 4 to 6 mill bout now.

in a nut shell: useless? no

usefull? no.

+1.

Amitoz.png

Come to my Clan chat (I'm there if I'm online) if you wish to borrow a Green H'ween mask, Blue H'ween Mask, Red H'ween Mask, or Santa for a reasonable price.

With exception of prayer, theres pretty much no buyable skill that gives any semblance of use in f2p.

All combat skills: PvP + Fist of Guthix + dungeoneering.

Runecrafting: GOP.

Dungeoneering: Rewards + resource dungeons.

Pretty much all other skills: dungeoneering.

If you exclude dungeoneering... yea... I guess you're right xD

Skills are still useful when you cannot become a member for a certain amounts of time though. Sure they may not be the most useful options, but they are not useless by any means.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

All combat skills: PvP + Fist of Guthix + dungeoneering.

Runecrafting: GOP.

Dungeoneering: Rewards + resource dungeons.

Pretty much all other skills: dungeoneering.

If you exclude dungeoneering... yea... I guess you're right xD

Skills are still useful when you cannot become a member for a certain amounts of time though. Sure they may not be the most useful options, but they are not useless by any means.

The gravity of my pencil is acting on you right now. Sure, it's a very minute pull that won't affect you, and won't even come close to affecting you, but it's there. That metaphor applies to F2P skills as well. You can get them really high, and they're there, but they wont affect you or help you in any other way otherwise; only in a very minute manner. ;)

...Thus making money mostly useless. Yeah it's there, but that's about it.

Amitoz.png

The gravity of my pencil is acting on you right now. Sure, it's a very minute pull that won't affect you, and won't even come close to affecting you, but it's there. That metaphor applies to F2P skills as well. You can get them really high, and they're there, but they wont affect you or help you in any other way otherwise; only in a very minute manner. ;)

The higher you train your f2p skills, the better xp/hr you get while dungeoneering. This becomes very noticeable in the higher levels of dg.

This is an indisputable fact. By no means are high f2p skill levels miniscule.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

The higher you train your f2p skills, the better xp/hr you get while dungeoneering. This becomes very noticeable in the higher levels of dg.

On my level 135, I have 1 dungeoneering; and have no experience in that aspect, so I suppose. But 70 fishing makes you 50k an hour, and 99 makes you 70k an hour. Not much difference compared to P2P, where you can make around 375k an hour. This is just one example.

Amitoz.png

On my level 135, I have 1 dungeoneering; and have no experience in that aspect, so I suppose. But 70 fishing makes you 50k an hour, and 99 makes you 70k an hour. Not much difference compared to P2P, where you can make around 375k an hour. This is just one example.

375 k an hour in p2p?

wow son.

Ur goin' places.

When u guna write a guide on "CAPITAL" makin.

6CCmn.jpg

That quote just proves you have no idea how much cash you can make in f2p, let alone p2p.

In free play, the best methods cap at around 500k an hour. In members, the most consistent method is 3m an hour, and the best is 300m (Corp sigils) but requires LOTS of luck. This doesn't even factor merching.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

That quote just proves you have no idea how much cash you can make in f2p, let alone p2p.

In free play, the best methods cap at around 500k an hour. In members, the most consistent method is 3m an hour, and the best is 300m (Corp sigils) but requires LOTS of luck. This doesn't even factor merching.

I have 99 Rc, over 14m EXP in it. I used to make over 1.5m an hour years ago. I know how to make money. I could have used that example if I wanted (although you make much less with nats today). It was simply an example to show how higher levels in RS are useless for F2p as compared to P2p.

Amitoz.png

Let me boil you thread down into one sentence. " There is less stuff to buy in F2P" I know it's shocking that the free version of the game would have less than the paid version. The reason for this is.... Surprise Surprise, Jagex likes making money.

Not just less, but exponentially less. So less that, one day's earning can last your whole lifetime in F2p comfortably.

That's a bit extreme.

Amitoz.png

Let me boil you thread down into one sentence. " There is less stuff to buy in F2P" I know it's shocking that the free version of the game would have less than the paid version. The reason for this is.... Surprise Surprise, Jagex likes making money.

Not just less, but exponentially less. So less that, one day's earning can last your whole lifetime in F2p comfortably.

That's a bit extreme.

Join a f2p warring clan like Divine Forces. You'll burn through that real quick.

hzvjpwS.gif

That's a bit extreme.

Join a f2p warring clan like Divine Forces. You'll burn through that real quick.

I have no wish to do so. I'm a lone wolf.

Amitoz.png

I think it's great, and quite funny, that people can make suggestions on your thread about ways to spend your money, and you disregard them without a second thought. You don't try to justify why, nor do you acknowledge that it is, in fact, a good suggestion.

Edited by tripsis
Quotes removed.

6CCmn.jpg