If Runescape shut down, will your clan still be open?

The Observer

A simple question. Will your clan still be open if/when Runescape shuts down?

Personally, I'm not really sure. I know of clans that existed before Runescape such as 'The', so it's possible. Obviously though if they move onto another game, activity would decrease judging on the accessibility of the game and how many want to stop for good.

j0xPu5R.png

I very much doubt we'd be as serious as what we are now. However I can see the community surviving.

Genesis Leader

Ending Templar & Trial Caller of The Rising

Ex-Leader of Silent Ember - Ex-Leader of True Ownage - Ex-Leader of Legendz

Former Tip.It Clan Community Leader

It's possible for some of the top clans to move on to other games, probably MMORPGs as not everyone has a PS3/Xbox360. As for the small clans, I don't think so. It would be a difficult migration, but it would be pretty interesting if most of the top clans move on to another game and continue their rivalries there, involving the other clans of that game.

kuru72siggy3.png

Retired on: June 30, 2010

• 4 weeks later...

Our clan would close, not necessarily because its all about the game itself, but because members wouldn't be content of just a plain forum. We could also just switch to a completely different game while keeping the same members, but many would lose interest and if the clan did survive, it would be completely different.

edlenchensignaturebalan.jpg

We would still like chill in IRC/TS and talk to each other on Forums, Doubt we'd all start playing a new game. But we've got a World of war craft and Black ops unit, We own. :ohnoes:

Recruit me pl0x?

We would still like chill in IRC/TS and talk to each other on Forums, Doubt we'd all start playing a new game. But we've got a World of war craft and Black ops unit, We own. :ohnoes:

You better have it on the computer. I'll roflstomp you. Ktnx

Ex Retaliation High Council | Ex Legendz High Council

lgzfriendly.png

#Legendz on IRC

Proud to have been a Power Ranger

Speaking from experience: It's hard enough to keep a close community together when people move on as it is. When the common bond of the game goes away - people get distant. All of my former clans have tried some measure of keeping in touch - and for the most part it epically fell apart. Communities really need something in common to keep them going and people coming back

"Any people anywhere, being inclined and having the power, have the right to rise up, and shake off the existing government, and form a new one that suits them better. This is a most valuable - a most sacred right - a right, which we hope and believe, is to liberate the world."

Abraham Lincoln

Speaking from experience: It's hard enough to keep a close community together when people move on as it is. When the common bond of the game goes away - people get distant. All of my former clans have tried some measure of keeping in touch - and for the most part it epically fell apart. Communities really need something in common to keep them going and people coming back

This and for the most part, clans are formed for RS so if RS should die... then.... I Dont think ANY clan will survive...

Sigma NU

MOST Anticipated but still underrated

Silent Ember

This and for the most part, clans are formed for RS so if RS should die... then.... I Dont think ANY clan will survive...

I'd have a hard time picturing ANY Rs fansite surviving longterm without the game actually being open.

"Any people anywhere, being inclined and having the power, have the right to rise up, and shake off the existing government, and form a new one that suits them better. This is a most valuable - a most sacred right - a right, which we hope and believe, is to liberate the world."

Abraham Lincoln

Exactly, when one of my old clans shut down all my close as friends moved on(mostly to different games). As close as we were we rarely talk now.

Proud Warlord of Dragonwood

If it's natural to kill, how come men have to go into training to learn how? ~ Joan Baez

Rest in Peace 3xtermination

Tipitsignature.gif

We have a unit of retireds/community members who have been viewing and posting on the boards for 3-5 years without playing Runescape. I'd imagine a lot of clan members would fade away but those who are stuck in the community, not the game, would be able to continue, at least until they get bored of college football and posting discussions/videos.

gladz.png

Proud Retired Council of The Gladiatiorz

Click here for our website - 110+ F2P Combat Requirements

I really dont know what would occur. Much of the community would stay intact in some way. Much like high school to college I think you would keep in touch with some but the majority you would just move on from.

flamesig.jpg