A level 8 with a Fire Cape

Silmandra

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Someone uses a bot, ban them. Why on earth have they suddenly gone all "oh we like to give people a second chance"..

Oh wait. Money.

Well money is the only reason runescape still exists ...

jagex, runescape, even we need money.

runescape has zero reson whatsoever to stop makeing money...

...but at what cost?

maybe its not about the money, maybe there just unable to fight them enough. at a basic level, its less risky to reset someone then ban them (in case of not being a bot) alowing to "attack" more botters. its like saying, ban 1 bot, or half ban 2 bots i guess.

all i can really say is i hope bots, in the end, do get banhammered in one way or another.

also an intresting point no one has apeard to mention,

if you botted, got ur stats reset, botted, got ur stats reset... eventuely you would stop botting.

this may not be as bad as it looks.

without knowing the true motives behind this, it could well be a blessing in disguise!

mlpfim20percentcoolersi.jpg

I'm a Brony and proud of it!

also an intresting point no one has apeard to mention,

if you botted, got ur stats reset, botted, got ur stats reset... eventuely you would stop botting.

this may not be as bad as it looks.

Unless you bot because you want your stats reset.

The pure community is pretty large even now, and pkers are the kind of players who would do anything to min-max there accounts. If the only way to make the perfect pker is to bot reset there stats, then alot of pkers wouldn't give a second thought to botting until they get all there desired stats to a low level.

O.O

Mod Opinion_based_on _facts_not_heresay_and_rumor

let's see those facts, as a 8 year vetern, i'm concerned and feel jagex needs the money, considering how they used to have teeth.

I feel like your 100% right, its all about money and i belive is due to the condition the real world is in.

JAGEX IS FEEDING US CRAP AND WE SHOULD ALL STOP EATING IT.

Someone uses a bot, ban them. Why on earth have they suddenly gone all "oh we like to give people a second chance"..

Oh wait. Money.

This is true now, Jagex is a business. However in the interest of fair play for the gamers who put actual effort into this game you would think they would take stronger action against botters. Jagex used to be a company which listened to players and added things to the game which actually meant something to the core audience. We now however, are bombarded by quests which guide us through every step of the way, usless crap like custom cursors, one of the worst tutorials of a game i've played, and excuse after excuse for the ludicrous errors and mistakes Jagex have made and enforce on players without actually consulting them.

Still. Things could be worse.... :rolleyes:

asrhasrh.jpg

What Jagex should be doing is ruining accounts that are botted by actually looking at them. 99 str 1 def all botted? Throw him 50 def with no quests. 50 def is like 1 or 2 hours work, its not like they're giving him a huge advantage. 50 to 10 def on the other hand is impossible and causes things like turmoil and bgloves at 10 def to be possible. Bgloves and turmoil etc at 40 def? Remove the quests.

The problem is they rarely have the time to look at all accounts that are botting just because of the numbers of botters. And I doubt they take the time to go "okay is this person a pker, so lets give him stats that will ruin that and take away quests"

Course this could all be fixed if jagex would reset quests as well as stats.

Also who cares about a level 8 with a fire cape. What impact will that have on the game? OH GOD A LEVEL 8 WITH A FIRE CAPE HE MIGHT WTFPWN US ALL. It's a damn cape. And what low level in their right mind will be willing to risk that until they get to the point where they can get it again with their stats?

As for a low level with a cape

There you go a level 4 with a fire cape. Woohoo.

As I'm saying its more of a big deal when low def gets turmoil because they get a huge advantage. Fire capes take a while to get back and hardly any low levels will be willing to risk that pking. Bgloves are easy, you buy them back. Turmoil is forever. You can lose that by losing prayer levels but a botter could just bot the cash back really lol.

Thats another thing, they should reset banks too. Most botters now do it for cash more than stats I believe.

Started free trade with 1.5m cash. 2 weeks later, have hit max cash 2x.

PvP drops: 359 Brawling Gloves, 11 Vesta's Longswords, 41+ Zaros/Ancient Statues

9 Dragon Full Helms, 3 Dragonfire Shields on the old PvP loot system

Brawler guide is being finished!

This all seems like a spectacular waste of time to me. Resetting stats does nothing, especially when they don't wipe the bank too. And anyway, since when does Jagex give a damn about bots? They don't. They never have and never will unless it begins to infringe on their bottom line-- money. That was the whole basis behind the 12/10 updates: they ignored the bot/RWT epidemic until it became a legitimate concern for THEM because of credit card fraud.

td2sig.jpg

It's got absolutely NOTHING to do with Jagex making money from botters paying membership. It's clear that the number of bots is negligible compared to the number of people that actually play legitimately and Jagex recently canned Mechscape at a cost of £10m. They are a very successful business and certainly aren't scrounging for pennies. They don't need the membership from botters.

So, what's your mod name? Mod Gullible?

On an accounting basis, they did not lose even close to $10m in that currency. The game will simply take longer to come out and the costs will be allocated as R&D toward whatever project is next. All they did was forgo any possible income, because really their only expenses were in wages, which Runescape alone has already proven to more than cover.

The entire barrow gloves issue is a pretty big flaw. If the only way to wear them at 10 defence is to break the rules and get your stats reset, it needs to be addressed as soon as possible. I guess putting (appropriate) defence level requirements on the gloves could restore things to how they used to be. Or maybe a 'quest reset' where quests are wiped and all quest-related items are purged, that'd take care of most other issues too...no idea if that'd be feasible though.

This was probably just an oversight which slipped through when they came up with the stat reset system, but it's a bit disappointing that it hasn't been corrected yet.

I think they should sell stat resets, like in Maplestory. They should be sold for 500k-1m per level you wanted to go down by one, and it would be a huge money drain as well. Uncountable pures would spend that just to have their aesthetic 1 defence back.

Amitoz.png

Come to my Clan chat (I'm there if I'm online) if you wish to borrow a Green H'ween mask, Blue H'ween Mask, Red H'ween Mask, or Santa for a reasonable price.

Oh wait. Money.

Oh wait. Then realise that ultimately these accounts are still going to face a ban. There's no second chance given.

RIP Michaelangelopolous

Oh wait. Money.

Amitoz.png

Come to my Clan chat (I'm there if I'm online) if you wish to borrow a Green H'ween mask, Blue H'ween Mask, Red H'ween Mask, or Santa for a reasonable price.

I came here expecting to see a pic of a lvl 8 char with a fire cape. I feel lied too :shame:

This is the general discussion thread, not the sceenshot thread

I took the title of this thread literally, and not as a thread to diccuss Bots or whatever. <_<

LOL thanks totalpwnage , lvl 4 with fire cape is pretty lol worthy

I don't know which mod did this. I don't know why they did it. If they're looking for money, I can tell them I don't have any as I'm a student. But what I do have are a very particular set of skills; skills I have acquired over 4 years of RuneScape. Skills that I have worked hard for and people like them can't take them away. If they give me my particles back now, that'll be the end of it. I will not look for them, I will not pursue them. But if they don't, I will look for them, I will find them, and they won't like what'll happen

The entire barrow gloves issue is a pretty big flaw. If the only way to wear them at 10 defence is to break the rules and get your stats reset, it needs to be addressed as soon as possible. I guess putting (appropriate) defence level requirements on the gloves could restore things to how they used to be. Or maybe a 'quest reset' where quests are wiped and all quest-related items are purged, that'd take care of most other issues too...no idea if that'd be feasible though.

This was probably just an oversight which slipped through when they came up with the stat reset system, but it's a bit disappointing that it hasn't been corrected yet.

I think they should sell stat resets, like in Maplestory. They should be sold for 500k-1m per level you wanted to go down by one, and it would be a huge money drain as well. Uncountable pures would spend that just to have their aesthetic 1 defence back.

At least 5-10 mill per level imo. Almost anyone with any interest in pking would do the 1mill thing in a heartbeat. And its so cheap you may as well play as a main until you decide you want to start pking.

O.O

Jagex have done this since Classic, many people used to have "Legends" Cape with Level 3 accounts, all Quests remain complete but stats are reset, it seems Jagex are doing this again now, not sure why but I guess it's their way of thinking they've punished you when in-fact they may have helped you.

I wouldn't be at all surprised if I saw people purposely botting for this, there is also the fact that if your stats were lowered in Classic whilst you had Armour on, you still wore it, so technically (if they haven't changed it) you could be wearing full Dragon at Level 8.

Think outside of the box ... They might want to lure potential botters :ugeek:. There are people who wanted to bot but .. never got the guts to do it. They might start erasing for few months and then ... massive ban-hammer \:D/ (and even I doubt what I just said)

Oh wait. Money.

Oh wait. Then realise that ultimately these accounts are still going to face a ban. There's no second chance given.

Face a ban? Only if they break more rules. Someone could bot hunter to 99, gain millions, have their skill reset and then carry on playing as a rule-abiding person.

Jagex are putting money as a much higher priority than player satisfaction and fairplay. The two used to be level.

asrhasrh.jpg

Just a question..

So if an account does gets it stats lowered and it has barrow gloves for example

do the bonuses of the item still stay intact?

Jagex may just let the owner keep the item but have no advantage of wearing the item

no stat boosts

Veni vidi vici

I came, I saw, I conquered

Current Username : Bludclart

Just a question..

So if an account does gets it stats lowered and it has barrow gloves for example

do the bonuses of the item still stay intact?

Jagex may just let the owner keep the item but have no advantage of wearing the item

no stat boosts

Yeah, they retain their bonuses. Why wouldn't they?

An easy way to combat this is a add a defense level requirement on the gloves. The minimal level that the EXP from the quests get you, that could be the requirement. So, for example, rune gloves would have a 13 defense requirement, and barrow gloves a level(34 i think?) requirement. Same for turmoil. Piety has a defense requirement. Why not turmoil?

But, that's kinda aside of the point anyway. They shouldn't be able to get these items in the first place. Jagex needs to go back to perm banning bots. Of if the absolutely NEED to just reset their stats, reset their quests, and quest items too. Preferably cash also.

Hexiled Razz. Player since March 8th, 2005.

Think outside of the box ... They might want to lure potential botters :ugeek:. There are people who wanted to bot but .. never got the guts to do it. They might start erasing for few months and then ... massive ban-hammer \:D/ (and even I doubt what I just said)

Thats what i thought about tempbans, but still hasent happened.

I'm going by the most likely option that jagex has lost there marbles.

O.O

At least 5-10 mill per level imo. Almost anyone with any interest in pking would do the 1mill thing in a heartbeat. And its so cheap you may as well play as a main until you decide you want to start pking.

Watch hackers hack accounts, then use the accounts money to reset the stats.

Also, are there any real facts that Jagex are doing this to get more money from bots, or is that speculation as well.

Also, are there any real facts that Jagex are doing this to get more money from bots, or is that speculation as well.

Yet again, how could you factually prove something like this? Would jagex ever admit do it? If so, why?

Looking for facts on this subject is the single stupidest thing to do. This is jagex'es dirty laundry, and they will do anything to hide it, but from a logical standpoint, it's clear to see why jagex would prefer stat resetting to permanent bans(or bans in general) for major offenses.

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

Yet again, how could you factually prove something like this? Would jagex ever admit do it? If so, why?

That's my point. I saw posts wanting facts on why Jagex aren't stat-resetting for the pure reason of gaining more money from bots.