A level 8 with a Fire Cape

Silmandra

Also, are there any real facts that Jagex are doing this to get more money from bots, or is that speculation as well.

Yet again, how could you factually prove something like this? Would jagex ever admit do it? If so, why?

That's my point. I saw posts wanting facts on why Jagex aren't stat-resetting for the pure reason of gaining more money from bots.

That's the only logical solution as to their reasoning for this.

Amitoz.png

Come to my Clan chat (I'm there if I'm online) if you wish to borrow a Green H'ween mask, Blue H'ween Mask, Red H'ween Mask, or Santa for a reasonable price.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Money makes the world go round, it is also the root of all evil... Hmm, I'm sure Jagex aren't running their business for the money, why would anyone want to run a game around losing money. There would still be free trade if it was actually creating memberships rather than costing them legal fee's dealing with mass credit card fraud.

Low_C.png

Money makes the world go round, it is also the root of all evil... Hmm, I'm sure Jagex aren't running their business for the money, why would anyone want to run a game around losing money. There would still be free trade if it was actually creating memberships rather than costing them legal fee's dealing with mass credit card fraud.

Exactly. All this false masking is complete garbage, Jagex wants the mucho monehs, and is only supporting players for they know if they don't waves upon waves of membership cancelations will come upon them.

Amitoz.png

Come to my Clan chat (I'm there if I'm online) if you wish to borrow a Green H'ween mask, Blue H'ween Mask, Red H'ween Mask, or Santa for a reasonable price.

Exactly. All this false masking is complete garbage, Jagex wants the mucho monehs, and is only supporting players for they know if they don't waves upon waves of membership cancelations will come upon them.

As lacking as the updates still are and as infuriating as their logic usually is, you have to give credit where it is due. Jagex is doing better now than they did for many years in the past. Before MMG took over, high levels were lucky to get two or three updates each YEAR that actually had any relevance whatsoever to them. The vast, vast majority of updates were just worthless filler meant for people who hadn't put in over 200 hours of time on their accounts. While the quality assurance is still abysmal and Jagex still makes absolutely dumbfounding decisions with some frequency, the overall quality of their updates has increased as time has passed. Granted, some of that may be because they dumbed down the game and consequently produced more high levels than ever before, so the median experience has shifted upwards a little.

td2sig.jpg

As lacking as the updates still are and as infuriating as their logic usually is, you have to give credit where it is due. Jagex is doing better now than they did for many years in the past. Before MMG took over, high levels were lucky to get two or three updates each YEAR that actually had any relevance whatsoever to them. The vast, vast majority of updates were just worthless filler meant for people who hadn't put in over 200 hours of time on their accounts. While the quality assurance is still abysmal and Jagex still makes absolutely dumbfounding decisions with some frequency, the overall quality of their updates has increased as time has passed. Granted, some of that may be because they dumbed down the game and consequently produced more high levels than ever before, so the median experience has shifted upwards a little.

Well, I now fear they are gearing the game towards ever increasing their bar of the new threshold of power. I fear soon Barrows will be obsolete, as will Godswords and the ever-symbolic whip. With them releasing so much more High-level content so quickly, it creates doubt in the veteran; he now doubts whether getting this new released chaotic longsword or Godsword won't be rendered obsolete by a new High-level update.

It's being overdone.

Amitoz.png

Skills reset, quest progress and items stay? Say hello to 1 defence turmoil+barrows gloves pures.

trains2.png

[spoiler=I LOVE MY STATION]

01001001001001110110110100100000010101000111011101100101011011000111011001100101

00100000011000010110111001100100001000000111011101101000011000010111010000100000

Someone uses a bot, ban them. Why on earth have they suddenly gone all "oh we like to give people a second chance"..

Oh wait. Money.

Well money is the only reason runescape still exists ...

Actually if there was no money, then Jagex wouldn't have any costs to run RS. What could it cost? Who would they pay to? What would they pay with?

Myweponsgood.gif

Need assistance in any of these skills? PM me in game, my private chat is always ON

If they REALLY want to keep that money from the subscription, why not just reset the entire character bar the friends list/ignore list and display name?

If they REALLY want to keep that money from the subscription, why not just reset the entire character bar the friends list/ignore list and display name?

They could just delete/ban the account and not issue a refund, that box you tick for the terms + conditions state that you don't own the account, Jagex does and they can delete it whenever they want without a reason.

They could just delete/ban the account and not issue a refund, that box you tick for the terms + conditions state that you don't own the account, Jagex does and they can delete it whenever they want without a reason.

"terms and conditions" are never above law..

And at least the dutch (and if I remember the whole european) law say a customer has all rights for a refund unless he breaks the law during a service!

First they came to fishing

and I didn't speak out because I wasn't fishing

Then they came to the yews

and I didn't speak out because I didn't cut yews

Then they came for the ores

and I didn't speak out because I didn't collect ores

Then they came for me

and there was no one left to speak out for me.

But then you only get as much money as the person already paid.

If you did a stat reset, a person could resubscribe, and I think that's the logic Jagex is using right now.

Or if they don't want to completely crush the guy into quiting, reset stats to how they were a few months ago.

I am intrigued as to why Jagex has started to resorting to Rollbacks, instead of permanent bans.

I feel that they are too trusting in their player base, but most things now are bot-able.

In 90% Of the cases though, someone will receive a rollback, and think, "Oh cool, I'm not banned", So they continue to bot, and get a permanent ban if caught.

That still leaves the 10%, who most likely sell the account on, or bot more carefully.

I prefered Jagex's zero-tolerance to it, as it meant when someone got yay-high with a stat, only to have it removed completely, it would affect the player.

I recently observed a video, a player had been rolled back to level 81, with 10 defence, but still had soulsplit, barrows gloves, and I believe he is causing havoc in the wilderness to this day, I have to admit, a couple of my friends bot, I had no clue, until I checked their stats and noticed huge drops, it was one hell of an Awkward conversation :)

Regards

Matt

The entire barrow gloves issue is a pretty big flaw. If the only way to wear them at 10 defence is to break the rules and get your stats reset, it needs to be addressed as soon as possible. I guess putting (appropriate) defence level requirements on the gloves could restore things to how they used to be. Or maybe a 'quest reset' where quests are wiped and all quest-related items are purged, that'd take care of most other issues too...no idea if that'd be feasible though.

This was probably just an oversight which slipped through when they came up with the stat reset system, but it's a bit disappointing that it hasn't been corrected yet.

Or they could just ban the accounts and be done with it.

I don't see how taking an easier stance toward botting when mroe people were risking their main accounts/having the old punishment become more threatening without actually changing anything was a bad idea.

I also don't believe that that sentence was structured properly.

Barrows: 9~2 V Brass,V Flail,2 Dh Plate,V Helm,V Skirt,T Legs,Malevolent Shield DKing: 48~6 W Ring,13 A Ring,8 M Staff,9 S Ring,7 B Ring,3 Seercull
Dragon Drops: 500+~50+ Med,26 Axe,3 Chain,10+ Legs,10+ Spear,2 D2h,10+ L Half,49 Boots,2 DDs,10+ Lump,9 Claws,50+ Dagger,14 Visage,50+ Mace,4 Scimitar,7 Hasta,Baxe,50+ Long,30+ Royal,2 Kite,4 Ward,2 Plate,Staff,Hammer,Limbs, Mattock,Halberd
GWD: 156~4 S Staff,50+ Shard,9 B Tass,13 B Plate,5 B Boots,6 A Plate,11 S Sword,8 A Hilt,4 A Skirt,9 A Helm,S Hilt,3 B Hilt,B Glove,2 A Buckler,Z Ward,Z Garb,2 Z Boots,B Shield,B Helm

Corp: 3~Elysian,2 Sp Sh Nex: 6~Torva Legs,Cere,P cowl,Z bow,2 T boots + GWD2: 9~2 Glaive,Wand,2 Crest,Blade,2 Essence,Core Araxyte: 5~Web,3 Pheromone,Fang + Raids: 4~3 Codex,P Boots  + Trails: 2~Bob Shirt,Fortunate

Etc: 64~3 Sceptre,B Mask,16 Whip,2 Focus Sight,5 D Bow,7 SOL,Ragefire,2 Steadfast,Arma Staff,6 Rider Armor,5 Vine,2 Razorback,2 A Wand,Abby Orb,3 Blood Shard,6 Hydrix,Gland,Asc Xbow
[spoiler=Capes]Quest Cape Aquired 12-7-07 ~ Level 93 + + + Completionist Cape Aquired 5-22-15 ~ Level 138
Hitpoints Cape Aquired 9-21-09 ~ Level 131 + Magic Cape Aquired 9-24-09 Attack Cape Aquired 3-5-10 ~ Level 135 Summoning Cape Aquired 3-12-10

Strength Cape Aquired 6-1-11 ~ Level 137 Fire Cape Aquired 6-23-11 Defence Cape Aquired 7-5-11 + Ranged Cape Aquired 8-1-11 Kiln Cape Aquired 2-26-12 ~ Level 138
Dungeoneering Cape Aquired 4-22-12 + Slayer Cape Aquired 6-25-14 ~ Level 200 + Herblore Cape Acquired 12-9-14 ~ Level 138 Prayer Cape Acquired 12-20-14
Agility Cape Acquired 1-4-15 + Hunter Cape Acquired 1-30-15 Construction Cape Acquired 1-31-15 Crafting Cape Acquired 2-22-15 Thieving Cape Acquired 3-18-15
Runecrafting Cape Acquired 4-14-15 Mining Cape Acquired 4-19-15 Fishing Cape Acquired 4-25-15 Firemaking Cape Acquired 4-26-15 Woodcutting Cape Acquired 4-26-15
Cooking Cape Acquired 4-26-15Smithing Cape Acquired 4-28-15 Farming Cape Acquired 4-29-15 Divination Cape Acquired 5-3-15 Dungeoneering Mastery 5-4-15
Fletching Cape Acquired 5-4-15 Max Cape Acquired 5-4-15 + Invention Cape Acquired 11-9-16 Invention Mastery 5-16-19 + Archaeology Cape Acquired 10-30-20

Why is Jagex giving bots resets anyway? If it's clearly obvious they botted just ban them. Why this second chance stuff?

I suppose it depends on the number of players who do it and the severity. If someone bots to 99 Firemaking, they get caught and get reset back to 40, clearly that's a fair enough punishment right? (They'll have the cape, sure, but can't re-equip it.) They'll be less likely to do it again. If someone gets permanently banned for it, then there's no real rebound from it is there? Except quitting and creating a new account of course. (I'm sure Jagex will ban them after doing it repeatedly anyway.) Don't forget as well that people were getting banned unfairly and when it was reversed, it was too late. (Think of this side of the problem on the same side as capital punishment in real life per say.)

Now, don't get me wrong. I'm all for banning people who bot.

Perhaps some fixes for the fire cape can be that it must have stat requirements. This way when levels do get reset, you won't have that rare "level 8 with fire cape". Set it at, for example, level 47?

j0xPu5R.png