What is your favorite Internet browser?

Naraku893

Top Internet browsers  

78 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favorite Internet browser?

• Internet Explorer
    • Google Chrome
    • Opera
    • Firefox
    • Safari
    • Other (Specify below)

Each day, more and more people are discovering the wonders of the internet. The internet is used everywhere now, Ipods, ipads, watches, vehicles, basically every modern gaming system, and obviously computers. Nowadays if it doesn't have internet, it sucks.

So what are people's favorite way of browsing the internet? People on their home computer using the internet will use some type of internet browser. Lets take a look at the most popular ones. Each one has differences that set them apart from the rest.

[spoiler=Internet Explorer]ie1.jpg

Internet Explorer

This is the default browser that comes with many computers. It has essentials right where you need them and for the most part isn't too cluttered.

Ease of use:

Internet Explorer is fairly intuitive and easy to use. User friendly.

Security:

Internet Explorer 8 has enhanced security features. It protects against viruses, spyware, pop–ups and phishing schemes. You can download additional security tools from the add–ons list on their homepage. You can also easily clear your personal information and stored cookies.

Speed and compatibility:

Internet Explorer is pretty quick. And while not technically the speediest browser, I had no issue when browsing and no problems with compatibility.

[spoiler=Google Chrome]Google-Chrome-Browser-Logo.jpg

Google Chrome

Google has joined the Internet browser competition full force with a very impressive entry, Chrome. Google Chrome takes a unique approach to browsing the web, combining top notch features with speed, compatibility, and simplicity.

Ease of use:

Google Chrome is fairly organized, and the simple interface is anything but cluttered. Google Chrome features are powerful and effective, yet simple to use. The frame is thin, and Google Chrome even allows users to launch certain web apps in their own window.

Security:

Chrome is safe and secure, protecting from phishing schemes, malware, pop-ups, and viruses. Chrome warns you if you’re about to access an unsafe website. You can have Chrome remember your passwords or opt not to.

Speed and compatibility:

Google Chrome is fast. I had no problem downloading or installing Chrome. Initializing Chrome for the first time of the day is very fast, as is the average time it takes to open subsequent times. Navigation time is remarkably fast as well.

[spoiler=Opera]opera-browser-review.jpg

Opera

I think this browser is the most under-rated of the bunch.

This browser is different than the others. It is full of fun and entertaining features that will not only make surfing the web functional, but also fun. You can arrange panels and toolbars, download widgets, and you can also customize it with skins.

Ease of use:

The browser is user–friendly and because it is so customizable, it will adapt to you-not the other way around. All of the buttons are well labeled so you’ll have no problem finding what you’re looking for, even the first time you use the browser. Opera is fairly intuitive and simple to learn and use.

Security:

Opera allows you to customize your security settings. This browser protects against pop–ups, spyware, viruses and phishing schemes. You can also clear all of your personal information with just a click.

Speed and compatibility:

Opera claims to be the fastest browser on earth and on most accounts it delivers. Opera is fast at startup, fast at loading, and fast at running applications. However, Opera has had struggles with compatibility with some websites since it isn't as well known as Internet Explorer or Firefox.

[spoiler=Firefox]firefox.jpg

Firefox

This is my favorite internet browser.

Ease of use:

Firefox is well organized and intuitive. The browser has an easy–to–use interface that has all the essentials but isn’t cluttered. Firefox features are powerful and useful, yet simple. Firefox 3.5 has several additional features that further improve usability.

Security:

Firefox has integrated private browsing. With Firefox 3.5 you can easily enter and leave the private mode, browsing seamlessly in complete stealth. Furthermore, unlike other browser privacy modes, there is no noticeable icon or change to the interface in private mode. Firefox protects against viruses, spyware, malware, phishing, and pop–ups.

Speed and compatibility:

Firefox is a fast Internet browser and now it's even faster. Firefox 3.5 has upped the ante (twice as fast as the already competitive version 3), taking all web browsing and applications to the next level.

[spoiler=Safari]safari.jpg

Safari

Safari focuses on being lightweight and non-obtrusive rather than customizable. Hence the sleek interface isn't bulky and the frame is only one pixel wide.

Ease of use:

If you are comfortable on a Mac, Safari comes naturally. Those unfamiliar with Macs may struggle at first. However, at the roots, Safari is similar to most of our top rated browsers and would be easy to figure out.

Security:

Safari blocks pop-ups, spyware, and viruses, but not phishing schemes.

Clearing your history and information from forms is simple, especially with the development of Safari’s Full History Search option, which is a Mac-esc way of viewing where you’ve been on the Web.

Speed and compatibility:

Safari is a very fast browser, outperforming some on its native platform. The built in progress bar lets you see how fast it is actually going. Safari is compatible with most of the web.

some information from internet-browser-review.com

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mozilla Firefox. The interfaces along with the hot sexy fox are a lot easier on my eyes than the likes of Internet Explorer. I tried out Google Chrome for a week and it would lag and freeze too often. My computer and my eyes just won't get along with anything other than Firefox.

Ive been using Google Chrome for months now. Never have had problems with it at all. By far my favorite.

35bvvh1.png

[hide=Quotes]

Albel/Justin

Albel doesn't say anything anymore, just comes in, leaves an arrow and vanishes into the night :(Probably
practising some euphonium

You nearly had me fooled, you fooler you

Euphonium/10.

9/10. To me, always associate Albel with musical stuff in OT.

Everyone with a goatee and glasses is Albel now.

lmfao albel m8 wat r u doin, hi though.

[/hide]

[hide=Runescape Achievements]99 firemaking(2007), 99 woodcutting(2008), 99 fletching(2009), 99 magic(2010), 99 cooking(2010), 99 farming(2011), 99 construction(2011), 99 runecrafting(2012), 99 Hunter (2014),  99 ranged (2015), 99 HP (2015), 99 Slayer (2015), 99 attack (2015) 99 Defense (2015) 99 Prayer (2015) 99 Summoning (2015) 99 Strength(2015) 99 Herblore (2015) 99 Dungeoneering (2017)  99 Mining (2017) 99 Crafting (2017) 99 Smithing (2017) 99 Thieving (2017)  99 invention (2017) 99 Fishing (2018), 99 Divination (2018), 99 Agility (2018), MAXED (05/17/2018)[/hide]

I use Firefox, for the most part. What it lacks in speed and lightweightedness, it more than makes up with its customizability. I would use chrome, but it always seems a bit glitchy on flash based websites and games. Safari, Opera and IE? Blueghh.

lampost_sig_stark.png

Firefox. Ad-block plus and other add-ons are great.

I cannot get used to any other browser.

Chrome is okay, I use it for some flash games if they are running slow. But IE? NOOOOO....NOOOOOO...that runs like absolute garbage on my computer.

Never really used Opera, and Safari is slow/buggy on PCs.

http://www.technize.com/opera-vs-firefox-vs-internet-explorer-photographic-comparison/

I use Firefox. Never used Chrome or Opera and don't care to. Explorer is luls. Safari is Mac, so its lulz too.

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

I use Opera mostly. Sometimes Firefox too.

I don't like Chrome at all.

J'adore aussi le sexe et les snuff movies

Je trouve que ce sont des purs moments de vie

Je ne me reconnais plus dans les gens

Je suis juste un cas désespérant

Et comme personne ne viendra me réclamer

Je terminerai comme un objet retrouvé

I use firefox. I would switch to chrome if it had an ad blocker, which last time I checked, it didn't. It may have now it now but I'm far too comfortable with firefox.

rc1tzc.png

☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢

Chrome or FF. I use FF at College with no problems, but I prefer to use Chrome at home. I just like the way it looks and feels, to be honest.

I don't like going directly into a website when I type something into the search bar, sometimes you don't always get what you were looking for...

EDIT - Hmm, I think I like Chrome because it's very easy to understand everything, it's just like IE, except with the features of FF.

Plus it handles Java great

I use firefox. I would switch to chrome if it had an ad blocker, which last time I checked, it didn't. It may have now it now but I'm far too comfortable with firefox.

It has one, but it only hides the ads, I don't think it actually blocks them.

#KERR2016/17/18/19/20/21.

#rpgformod

It has one, but it only hides the ads, I don't think it actually blocks them.

That's actually good for legitimate websites, because you wouldn't get banned from those sites that require you to see those ads

I use Safari at home and on my work laptop I use both Chrome & Safari. I used to use FF a lot in high school but I grew sick of it. I tried Chrome but I keep running into some of the problems a couple of you did with it screwing up websites and crashing.

tFtfA.jpg