Darn Mercenary Leader =@

Sy_Accursed

When soloing, especially if you are early on in a dg,

Hey solo early on in a dg would mean it only costs like 2 mins to restart :thumbup:

Later on in dg you would have enough food/resources to kill it.

2dvjurb.png

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When soloing, especially if you are early on in a dg,

Hey solo early on in a dg would mean it only costs like 2 mins to restart :thumbup:

Later on in dg you would have enough food/resources to kill it.

So the answer to the problem is to restart the dungeon?

Isn't that a big design flaw? - I encountered a lvl 165 MC at the second room (with 1 room being empty apart from a lv 113 mage). Isn't it stupid you just can't beat the MC then, and best option is to start over?

First they came to fishing

and I didn't speak out because I wasn't fishing

Then they came to the yews

and I didn't speak out because I didn't cut yews

Then they came for the ores

and I didn't speak out because I didn't collect ores

Then they came for me

and there was no one left to speak out for me.

Man up. This is how it's meant to be.

Lol-ed at being efficiency trolled and told to nut up online :rolleyes:

1) Not everyone has god-like stats

2) Not everyone wants to waste hours of their lives calculating their way to get god stats

3) People whined moaned and complained about not having a bank on Musa Point and got it so I think this is a reasonable complaint.

"In order to lead, you must learn how to carry your followers upon your shoulders"

"A man is not only defined by his abilities, but also by those of the men with which he surrounds himself"

"The meek fight for skill and fame, the strong fight for power with the skill and fame they already have"

"There is no good without sacrifice and no sacrifice without mercy"

Twice have I encountered a Mercenary Leader, twice it has been level 203.

It's a pretty [bleep]ing ridiculous foe. There's a flaw, whether you'd admit it or not, when a room in the dungeon is 6x harder than the actual boss of said dungeon (Respectively, it has been 116 Har'lakk and 96 Nightgazer).

Unknown_Warrior.jpegIgGCP.png

Dragon Drops : 5 Dragon Medium Helmets, 3 Dragon Claws, 3 Dragon platelegs, 2 Dragon plateskirts, 2 Dragon Hatchets, 2 Dragon Spears, 7 pairs of Dragon Boots, 1 Dragon pickaxe, 10 Dragon defenders, 3 Dragon 2h swords, 1 Dragon armour Slice, 1 Dragon armour Lump, 1 Dragon chainbody, 1 Dragon kiteshield, 1 Dragon hasta, 1 Dragon ward, 25 Dragon knives pairs
The Warrior's Blog , Herblore Habitat - Efficient and profitable

[hide=Stats and logs]

The_Warrior.png
.:Adventurer's Log:.

[/hide]

2) Not everyone wants to waste hours of their lives calculating their way to get god stats

3) People whined moaned and complained about not having a bank on Musa Point and got it so I think this is a reasonable complaint.

so you don't have god-like stats.

Jagex already said that DG is supposed to be *the* end game skill.

So don't expect the hardest difficulty setting of the end game skill to cater to your mid level stats.

Naaxi.png

Dg is however meant t be TAILORED to your/your teams stats and lead up thrugh each floor too a boss that is ultimately the main combat challenge.

The flaw is Merc Leader is far to overpowered if you meet it early in the dungeon and short of spending a god 10 mins fighting it the only realistic option is too restart and even if you get past it the boss is weaker.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

So don't expect the hardest difficulty setting of the end game skill to cater to your mid level stats.

Dg is however meant t be TAILORED to your/your teams stats and lead up thrugh each floor too a boss that is ultimately the main combat challenge.

The flaw is Merc Leader is far to overpowered if you meet it early in the dungeon and short of spending a god 10 mins fighting it the only realistic option is too restart and even if you get past it the boss is weaker.

You are both right.

Boss monsters should be tougher.

So that they're stronger than any mercenary leaders and DG can still be *the* end-game skill.

pixelsig.png

nubguy.jpg

R.I.P. Neko :[

5,445,898,965th to 99 Woodcutting

Blogs are dead

In a situation like that, where there's some impossible BS at the start of a solo dungeon, I restart. I've got killed by failing the first skill door over and over again, so I just left, and started over. Takes a good 15 seconds compared to losing a bunch of xp on a death.

trains2.png

[spoiler=I LOVE MY STATION]

01001001001001110110110100100000010101000111011101100101011011000111011001100101

00100000011000010110111001100100001000000111011101101000011000010111010000100000

Elitistism at its best. Maybe we should make TIF a fascist dictatorship and have Grimy be the Fuhrer. Maybe you're friends are the secret police!

Hey, wanna send me a portrait of you so I can hang it up on my wall, and realize you are the almighty perfect ruler, and no one shall ever go against you!

OT: I always get 200+ Mercs, I have no idea why, although I'm always in a team when I get them. I don't think that 1 in 5 theory is right.

Staurolite.png

Elitistism at its best. Maybe we should make TIF a fascist dictatorship and have Grimy be the Fuhrer. Maybe you're friends are the secret police!

Hey, wanna send me a portrait of you so I can hang it up on my wall, and realize you are the almighty perfect ruler, and no one shall ever go against you!

OT: I always get 200+ Mercs, I have no idea why, although I'm always in a team when I get them. I don't think that 1 in 5 theory is right.

that sounds awesome, I would finally be able to silence the trolls.

Because at the end of the day, guess who's available to answer people's questions that other people can't answer.

and yeah the theory doesn't seem correct after recent data.

still, i don't see the merc leader solo to be a challenge if you know how to safe spot.

He only summons 2 allies in solo. There are 9 combinations of allies he can summon them.

Mage-Mage, Mage-Melee, and Melee-Melee are safespottable, allowing you to mage pray + finish the boss off without taking damage.

I never fight merc leaders with rangers since they rip through my lack of armor, but I've seen players with primal plate bound that can simply tank those rangers with sufficient food.

Ultimately, for solo, this means there's a 4/9 chance that a merc leader summons allies that can be soloed without taking damage if u use a melee weapon.

and if they aren't you can leave to do other doors unless that's your dead end.

that's with a melee weapon. with a ranged weapon, you can solo without taking damage, albeit much more time-consumingly, especially if done without a hex.

Same applies for mage, but it's not as effective on the leader.

He's never ever impossible, even without food, hex, or max stats.

Only way he'd be impossible if you had lvl 1 prayer or something silly like that.

Naaxi.png

I never fight merc leaders with rangers since they rip through my lack of armor, but I've seen players with primal plate bound that can simply tank those rangers with sufficient food.

I think range praying is the easiest way to finish Merc leaders. The mages don't hit too hard if you don't have a plate, and you can safespot the melee'ers. But then again, I die sometimes because I fail at it.

This isn't really elitism (which, I think, is the word you were driving at). I bet you call people racist when they say they dislike Obama.

lalalasig2.png

That's all fine and dandy Grimy, now try in f2p.

It needs to be scaled better.

why would it change in f2p? you'd just still use gatestone runes and a spear

you'd just need to use a little more prayer before the boss died with proper safespotting.

Naaxi.png

yes "a little" more prayer :rolleyes: , You should try it out in f2p once. Report back when you get done

oh wait, I'm sorry, I didn't realize that being a derp imbued you with a natural -30 prayer bonus.

I feel bad for you.

but seriously you shouldn't be spawning high lvl merc leaders if you're not 99 atk/str/def/hp.

and if you are, you have probably were a member at some point, so why the hell are you in f2p.

and if prayer is a problem, pray flash the mage when you're done safespotting.

Naaxi.png

I'm not going in f2p...I'm speaking for the f2p...wow, little less flame please.

There are high levels who stay f2p...just look at this thread

http://forum.tip.it/topic/255987-the-f2p-general-discussion-thread/

Less flame

more understanding

better communication

whatisrush-1.png

Fisher/Woodcut------Me-----Miner/crafter----Stabber----Leecher

^Golvellius must be so proud^

FlowerPower.png

yes "a little" more prayer :rolleyes: , You should try it out in f2p once. Report back when you get done

oh wait, I'm sorry, I didn't realize that being a derp imbued you with a natural -30 prayer bonus.

I feel bad for you.

but seriously you shouldn't be spawning high lvl merc leaders if you're not 99 atk/str/def/hp.

and if you are, you have probably were a member at some point, so why the hell are you in f2p.

Its not the levels, its the low level equipment in f2p. Use a primal 2h, than switch to a fractite 2h, you will see a huge difference.

I feel bad for you.

Its not the levels, its the low level equipment in f2p. Use a primal 2h, than switch to a fractite 2h, you will see a huge difference.

the thing is, the leader and his summons should also be using low level gear too.

Barring the possibility that you are like very high combat level

In which case what the heck are you doing in f2p.

Naaxi.png

@grimy:

can you please explain how I am supposed to solo the merc leader (lv 167, I am 125 with rounded stats)? when I meet him in the very first room I open (and that's the only room)?

I don't own a bow/shadowhood (just prome plate/spear).

I don't have a problem at all when it comes halfway - however in the very first room it simply means you're out of luck. Sure I can restart: but if that is the best method, you'll have to admit something is "broken" don't you?

What I would suggest is creating something like this:

*increase all monster lvls by 10%" (basically dungeoneering is way to easy when you're already well stocked).

However at the first room the monsters would be: 75% of the level they would normally (with 110%) be..

second room 81.25, third 86%, etc etc (so it approaches 100%).. This would mean that effectivelly (when taken the 110% modifier into account):

1 = 0.825
2 = 0.89375
3 = 0.945
4 = 0.984
5 = 1.013
6 = 1.035
7 = 1.051
8 = 1.063
9 = 1.072
10 = 1.079

Which would give people the ability to "start out" better. (Loot would be relative to the original level, so you'll get good loot easy at especially the first 2 rooms).

First they came to fishing

and I didn't speak out because I wasn't fishing

Then they came to the yews

and I didn't speak out because I didn't cut yews

Then they came for the ores

and I didn't speak out because I didn't collect ores

Then they came for me

and there was no one left to speak out for me.

@grimy:

can you please explain how I am supposed to solo the merc leader (lv 167, I am 125 with rounded stats)? when I meet him in the very first room I open (and that's the only room)?

I don't own a bow/shadowhood (just prome plate/spear).

I don't have a problem at all when it comes halfway - however in the very first room it simply means you're out of luck. Sure I can restart: but if that is the best method, you'll have to admit something is "broken" don't you?

I already explained it. Safe spot the meleers. And hope that you do get some meleers.

Heck you have a prom platebody, you're already a leg up on people who have just a hood and no armor.

you can pray mage for the merc leader + other summoned mages.

and you can safestep 1 melee warrior. In fact it is possible to safestep 2 melee warriors if you know how to. It's actually not much harder than safestepping 1.

So if you do this, you should not take any damage from anything except for rangers.

in which case, you have a promethium platebody so you should make it by with table food and just tanking the damage from a single ranger.

The odds of 2 rangers spawning is 1/9, so just teleport out if that happens and try again later.

seriously, if you're in solo and taking damage from anything other than a ranger, you're doing something wrong.

Naaxi.png

I feel bad for you.

the thing is, the leader and his summons should also be using low level gear too.

Barring the possibility that you are like very high combat level

In which case what the heck are you doing in f2p.

http://forum.tip.it/topic/255987-the-f2p-general-discussion-thread/page__pid__4631812__st__2400#entry4631812

I can't believe I've had to post this twice for you

There are people who stay F2p you know.

Soloing a merc leader at high levels is near impossible in f2p, because their tier 5 equipment almost never hits it.

The leader needs to be scaled more, especially in f2p (only the 5th time I've said this)

Usually doesn't take you this long Grimy. You been stressed a bit lately?

whatisrush-1.png

Fisher/Woodcut------Me-----Miner/crafter----Stabber----Leecher

^Golvellius must be so proud^

FlowerPower.png