Max Level Cap increased to 120?

amitoz

133 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like it if all Stat Level Caps were raised to above 99?

• I would love it. (explain why in the comments)
    • Neutral/Don't care
    • I would dislike it. (explain why in the comments)

A long time ago, in a Tip.It article, I remember an article that was an interview with Zezima. Zezima was the top player for overall XP, as well as a few other skills he was maxed at 200m XP, such as thieving and cooking.

Well in that article, they asked him what his opinions were on stat caps being raised to more that 99. His reply was quite modest, saying something along the paraphrased lines of "I would want them to raise it slowly, maybe 5 levels at a time. See how people like it, then go from there."

Now that we have one skill that is over 99, Dungeoneering, which caps at 120, do you think other skills will follow suit?

Would you like it if other skills were raised above the max, if they actually had more content added to them? What if you could smith some other metal other than rune at 120? Fletch dragon crossbows at 120? The possibilities that open up on dead skills is endless.

As for me, I would love it if all skills were raised, even slightly, so dead skills (such as smithing) could have some use.

Discuss. :lol:

Amitoz.png

Come to my Clan chat (I'm there if I'm online) if you wish to borrow a Green H'ween mask, Blue H'ween Mask, Red H'ween Mask, or Santa for a reasonable price.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Summoning stops at 99.

My mind lapsed, I meant Dungeoneering. Thanks for the correction, lol. :oops:

Amitoz.png

Come to my Clan chat (I'm there if I'm online) if you wish to borrow a Green H'ween mask, Blue H'ween Mask, Red H'ween Mask, or Santa for a reasonable price.

I think its not if it happens its when. I think the first skills to be raised beyond 99 would be cooking followed by Smithing. I think at 99 they will provide ways to get much greater amounts of XP so that getting to 120 isnt aa such a slow process as it would be using current training methods.

You really think so? I think it will still be tedious and slow, but the reward will be worth it.

Amitoz.png

Dungeoneering (so I've been told) increases it's experience rate enough as you level to make having such a high level reasonably achievable, no other skills are like this.

Unless the reward is untradeable then it definitely won't be worth it, if it's untradeable then it might be worth it (depending on what it is).

If they haven't updated them with dungeoneering (which would be the only time it would make sense), why would they do it afterwards?

In before somebody posts the picture of the majority of stats at level 120 which happens when the game loads sometimes.

There have been a few threads about this since dungeoneering was released, couldn't you have just necromanced one of them?

There's lots of content missing in some skills (especially outside daemonheim) in the higher levels anyway, why would levels beyond 99 need to be added when there isn't a requirement in the top end anyway?

funnyline.png
260pifq.jpg
dlWmf3d.pngcyndane.png
Balthamel.png

I honestly don't see myself grinding 103 million exp on anything. I could barely stand 13 million on my combats. I suppose if they did raise it to 120 I'd just slay or something for any further exp. Of course my combats would already mostly be in the 101+ range, but nowhere close to 120 yet. One thing I would NEVER EVER get 120 in is prayer. Seriously that's madness. Just madness, no Sparta about it.

...so would I like it? I guess I'd be neutral. But if they ever raise combats to 120 they should take the opportunity to give us some extra LP. Like, give us 2400 LP at 120 constutution. Because with extremes, 120 str * 1.25 = 150 str. And that's not even counting turmoil. Or the possible weapons for level 90+. 210 extra LP isn't going to cut it.

Raising all skills to 120 would [bleep] up the game.

Look at it like this: at GWD, a trio with max stats and gear can drop any boss in under 20 seconds. And these are monsters that are meant to be the toughest in the game, next to the Corporeal Beast. What do you think would happen if they allowed us to train combat stats to 120? Everything would become ludicrously easy. Also, making 120 a legitimate goal (as opposed to something done to boost total xp) would encourage an unhealthy play style for many people.

td2sig.jpg

Wow, yet another topic. Are you sure you're not Undo?

There's already been threads on this subject. Resurrect one of those.

I haven't been on TIF in forever, so I didn't know.

Also, don't post if all you're going to do is boost your useless post count; and have nothing constructive to say.

Amitoz.png

I haven't been on TIF in forever, so I didn't know.

Also, don't post if all you're going to do is boost your useless post count; and have nothing constructive to say.

/constructive criticism

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

Look at it like this: at GWD, a trio with max stats and gear can drop any boss in under 20 seconds. And these are monsters that are meant to be the toughest in the game, next to the Corporeal Beast. What do you think would happen if they allowed us to train combat stats to 120? Everything would become ludicrously easy. Also, making 120 a legitimate goal (as opposed to something done to boost total xp) would encourage an unhealthy play style for many people.

That's true, but knowing Jagex, they would released new oodles of bosses with new stuff, which is inevitable anyway.

That point about unhealthiness already exists, people will no-life regardless of new levels or not; although it would be increased.

Amitoz.png

The whole idea of raising levels to 120 goes with the idea that Jagex would introduce much harder bosses. GWD was designed with level 100-110s in mind, before Summoning/Extremes/Curses/Chaotics/Spirit shields/etc. If Jagex were to update stats to 120, I'm sure they'd introduce *much* harder bosses, ones that groups of level 138s with Divines would have trouble killing.

10xy5fk.png

The whole idea of raising levels to 120 goes with the idea that Jagex would introduce much harder bosses. GWD was designed with level 100-110s in mind, before Summoning/Extremes/Curses/Chaotics/Spirit shields/etc. If Jagex were to update stats to 120, I'm sure they'd introduce *much* harder bosses, ones that groups of level 138s with Divines would have trouble killing.

:thumbup:

Amitoz.png

First off I'd really like hitpoints to go to 100, 990 is such an awkward number...

I don't think it would affect me much either way though. I would probably just change my goal from 99 all/120 dungeoneering to 100 all and decent dungeoneering. I think it would be a fantastic addition if there was meaningful content at those levels, but raising it for no particular reason? I wouldn't really change how I play over that.

2496 Completionist

:thumbup:

Also, you finished your post with "Discuss" again #-o

First off I'd really like hitpoints to go to 100, 990 is such an awkward number...

I don't think it would affect me much either way though. I would probably just change my goal from 99 all/120 dungeoneering to 100 all and decent dungeoneering. I think it would be a fantastic addition if there was meaningful content at those levels, but raising it for no particular reason? I wouldn't really change how I play over that.

That's what the original post said, if meaningful content was added, how would you feel? Rune smithing at 99 is truly useless, considering that only F2p really wears it.

Amitoz.png

Only skills like smithing really need an update... level 99 smithing to make obsolete lvl 40 armor is kind of silly. If smithing was increased to 120, it'd be easier to re-balance it.

I don't think it's that big a deal.

77yLQy8.png

That's what the original post said, if meaningful content was added, how would you feel? Rune smithing at 99 is truly useless, considering that only F2p really wears it.

I would probably be willing to get a few levels to unlock fantastic content, but I wouldn't nolife to get 120 fletching or anything like that. I'm pretty neutral on it - high level content would be great, but I would tend to train only skills I enjoy past 100.

2496 Completionist

(1) It wouldn't affect me, as I already have my own endgame set in my mind.

(2) I don't see the sense in adding all these new whiz-bang ways of leveling (effigies, diversions, etc.) and then to raise the goalposts to 120. If you had a grindfest before, and you increase both the rate of XP and the XP cap, then it's still a grindfest - you haven't really changed anything.

99 is fine.

PvP is not for me

In the 3rd Year of the Boycott
Real-world money saved since FT/W: Hundreds of Dollars
Real-world time saved since FT/W: Thousands of Hours

(1) It wouldn't affect me, as I already have my own endgame set in my mind.

(2) I don't see the sense in adding all these new whiz-bang ways of leveling (effigies, diversions, etc.) and then to raise the goalposts to 120. If you had a grindfest before, and you increase both the rate of XP and the XP cap, then it's still a grindfest - you haven't really changed anything.

99 is fine.

That's true. Jagex adding bonuses to help you level up doesn't make a much of a difference if the xp needed is essentially 8 times more.. still a grind.

Only skills like smithing really need an update... level 99 smithing to make obsolete lvl 40 armor is kind of silly. If smithing was increased to 120, it'd be easier to re-balance it.

I don't think it's that big a deal.

There's always going to be angry people. :roll:

Amitoz.png

belongs in questionairres

Your post belongs in the trash bin. Report it, and move on if you feel it is in the wrong, don't get you +1 with spam and move on. Also this is a duscussion (that has been discussed over and over before, but a discussion none the less)

I don't feel we need levels caps rasied. The skills stop at 99, everything there fits within the 99 levels, it works. No need in adding a ton of content that would make stuff we have now worthless, then we will get threads like this for chaotic stuff and such stuff that we have now that the new stuff would render useless. Just continuing the endless circle of new caps and items.

If we did need a raise of level caps then it could be the combat skills. But add no new content. Just levels..

Hmm, i guess if we raise the level cap for attack, smithing could go with and add new smithable things for the higher levels..

I guess it wouldn't be so bad, but I really just don't think we need it.

35b9enp.jpg

belongs in questionairres

Your post belongs in the trash bin. Report it, and move on if you feel it is in the wrong, don't get you +1 with spam and move on. Also this is a duscussion (that has been discussed over and over before, but a discussion none the less)

I don't feel we need levels caps rasied. The skills stop at 99, everything there fits within the 99 levels, it works. No need in adding a ton of content that would make stuff we have now worthless, then we will get threads like this for chaotic stuff and such stuff that we have now that the new stuff would render useless. Just continuing the endless circle of new caps and items.

If we did need a raise of level caps then it could be the combat skills. But add no new content. Just levels..

Hmm, i guess if we raise the level cap for attack, smithing could go with and add new smithable things for the higher levels..

I guess it wouldn't be so bad, but I really just don't think we need it.

Some skills like smithing, cooking and fletching really do a need a renovation; but adding new items in for combat would just make items like the whip and God Swords less and less prominent; eventually obsolete.

Amitoz.png