Max Level Cap increased to 120?

amitoz

133 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like it if all Stat Level Caps were raised to above 99?

• I would love it. (explain why in the comments)
    • Neutral/Don't care
    • I would dislike it. (explain why in the comments)

The foundations of certain skills needs to be sorted out, such as firemaking and fletching, before we should consider extending them. They're boring enough with level 99, putting more levels will just make the problem more difficult to fix. Also, combat will seriously break, with OHKOs aplenty. My answer is maybe in the future, but not now and not soon.

~ W ~

sigzi.png

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would scream even harder than when I did when Summoning came out. Then I'd either be hardcore camping Abyssals, or doing hardcore Slayer. Overloads getting me to 151 or 152 Melees would be so awesome. Not to mention the possibility of "Super" Overloads, Turmoil, Yaks, and Chaotic weapons at 100+ of each respective skill.

Lugia_Lvl138.png

4x Phat owner: Blue, Green, 2x Purple

3100+ GWD bosses soloed.

Solo GWD Drops:

5 Bandos Plates, 4 Bandos Boots, 3 Bandos Hilts, 2 Arma Helms, Arma Skirt, Arma Plate, 3 Arma Hilts, 4 Zammy Spears, Steam Staff, 15 Sara Swords, 6 Sara Hilts, 29 Shards.

I would like it because not only would 99's have their skill slots filled, but since I will never get 120 dungeoneering, Jagex might as well raise all skills to 120 to give us new goals, achievements and rewards

Edit: I would also like to have a master attack cape :D

2vuhgcn.png

Just wondering, why would you be camping abyssals if this happened? Seems kind of odd to me, but maybe I'm missing something.

As of this post my EXP in Melee stats are:

Attack: 60,211,366

Strength: 27,287,822

Defence: 17,180,817

Constitution: 44,276,849

Level 120 is 104,273,167 EXP. I'm nowhere near that in any of my Melees. Abyssal Demons are a high profit monster I could camp for straight Melee exp. Although, on second thought, I should probably do it at Frosts. Or even TDs since that's Strength and Range exp. I would be doing it by Slayer without a second thought though if they added monsters that took 100+ Slayer.

Lugia_Lvl138.png

4x Phat owner: Blue, Green, 2x Purple

3100+ GWD bosses soloed.

Solo GWD Drops:

5 Bandos Plates, 4 Bandos Boots, 3 Bandos Hilts, 2 Arma Helms, Arma Skirt, Arma Plate, 3 Arma Hilts, 4 Zammy Spears, Steam Staff, 15 Sara Swords, 6 Sara Hilts, 29 Shards.

The foundations of certain skills needs to be sorted out, such as firemaking and fletching, before we should consider extending them. They're boring enough with level 99, putting more levels will just make the problem more difficult to fix. Also, combat will seriously break, with OHKOs aplenty. My answer is maybe in the future, but not now and not soon.

Yeah, but there's some locked skills that need the buff. What about non combat skills getting the buff first?

Amitoz.png

Come to my Clan chat (I'm there if I'm online) if you wish to borrow a Green H'ween mask, Blue H'ween Mask, Red H'ween Mask, or Santa for a reasonable price.

Yeah, but there's some locked skills that need the buff. What about non combat skills getting the buff first?

Mmm, perhaps. What skills in particular were you thinking of?

~ W ~

sigzi.png

If this happened I might come back to play some more again. This is based on combats being raised to 120, because I enjoy training them to see level ups, but not so much when they're 99..

91215531.png

Poetry

Indexed Picture 1

Indexed Picture 2

Killed my maxed Zerker pure April 2010

Rebooting Runescape

91215531.png

If stuff was added for 100+ in all skills, then there may be a point to it, but if it's just for the cape... :shame:

Only 120's I'd go for would be combat, through slayer, and range through chinning. :ugeek:

I don't think we need it right now, as some skills don't have content to go to 99. That aside...

This game, and others, favours people who can stand grinding, or who enjoy grinding (which is not bad in itself). However I think that Jagex attempts to set a limit on how much grinding you must be willing to take to be good at the game, and righly so. Stats to 120 would very much favour the hardcore grinders, and I think that skill should have more of an advantage. E.g. right now, in, say safe pvp or at tds, skill is (very) important. Now someone with 120 in all combats can probably beat someone with 100 in all combats just by grinding a lot. I think that's not how the game should be.

If stats went to 120 and also offered very high xp rates at 95+ which requires a lot of skill, also intellectually, I'd be okish with it. I'm sure extremely high xp rates would devaluate 200m xp though.

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

We don't need higher levels to make RuneScape even more of a grindfest then it already is.

And plus. An extra 21 levels in all combat stats would be too overpowered for only 1200 lifepoints. Not to mention that skilling levels beyond level 99 would bring about even more powerful content. Further perverting the already corrupt combat triangle we have.

With that being said, we don't need higher levels. We need new content promoting the equal skilling of levels. Meaning special, non-tradable items that are made with more then one skill.

Say there's a leather body you want to train range with. But, the body is untradeable, unassistable, and requires a certain crafting level to make. The body does not only require dragonhide, but also some Adamant bars, gems, and runes for a magical enchantment.

The item would not only need a crafting level to make, but also a smithing level and magic level. And since it's untradeable, and has special effects, it promotes the player to evenly raise his/her skills instead of just going for one skill to make a single type of item.

So, there are much more practical approaches for jagex to make new content, other then blatantly raising all of the level caps to 120.

Although, then again... It doesn't seem that jagex are the people to take a practical approach to... Anything.

But i do hope to see some sort of untradeable content introduced into the game, starting at low levels, and progressing to higher levels. Before they introduce increased level caps. Some day though, i would like to see higher level caps.

Hexiled Razz. Player since March 8th, 2005.

the problem with smithing is its filled with useless junk no one uses.

how many times have you seen rune warhammer, short/long swords, mace, medium helm, dagger, squere shield being used?

if they got rid of half of thouse items, thats 18 or so smithable items gone. now a rune platebody at level 81 is still too high but its better then 99.

a few of them should stay in dragon form though (remove dragon dagger? lololno).

and for something compleatly difrent: in dunge, t10 requires level 90 in a skill. t11 requires 99 in a skill.

thigns would have to be moved around if the skill cap was made 120, for a start t11 should be moved one level to 100. then you gota add t12 and 13... yikes!

not to mention a rather odd number to end on (who would want a t13 item? :P)

mlpfim20percentcoolersi.jpg

I'm a Brony and proud of it!

I would totally take a t13 item, but that aside.

Instead of removing items from smithing, you could make warhammers, battleaxes, halberds and twohanders one speed faster. Makes them a whole lot better. Still not great, I admit, but if you wanted to add improved versions (like super > extreme) you might as well start out with something worth improving :P. Just a random thought.

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

Mining, cooking, thieving, fletching. And especially SMITHING.

Amitoz.png

Come to my Clan chat (I'm there if I'm online) if you wish to borrow a Green H'ween mask, Blue H'ween Mask, Red H'ween Mask, or Santa for a reasonable price.

Mining stops at 85, cooking 93, thieving 95, fletching 95, smithing 99. Other than smithing, none of those skill you mentioned unlock anything at 99 (outside daemonheim), so why do they need to go higher to have more content?

funnyline.png
260pifq.jpg
dlWmf3d.pngcyndane.png
Balthamel.png

Mining stops at 85, cooking 93, thieving 95, fletching 95, smithing 99. Other than smithing, none of those skill you mentioned unlock anything at 99 (outside daemonheim), so why do they need to go higher to have more content?

Because OP hasn't even got a 2 k total level but feels the need to discuss "what if" questions.

Seems like 99% of the front page consist of these type of questions at the moment.

Brb , making a thread "what if runescape never existed"

: / .

On topic, i believe they should be working with the content we already have.

People are too greedy these days, always wanting more.

Never appreciating what they actually have.

Main Account - Max cape achieved 10th September 2011
Noob Account - 2300 total and climbing 

6CCmn.jpg

If Jagex cap 120 in the future while I quit for life, I'd say bull... My 99's would be nooblish lol!

Won't happen, and if it does, let it be. Go with the flow.

Dark_Yeng.png

2002 - 2003 RuneScape Classic Clans: Wild Dawgs (WD). Court of Dragons (CoD). BlacKnights (BK). Black Dragon Knights (BDK).

2009 - 2010 RuneScape 2 Clan/Team: Hardly Dead (HD). Ex-Team Silent Ember (SE).

~ Hmong Pride ~

I'd like to see it happen, eventually. But first I'd like each skill to have content up to level 99 before any skills are talked about being increased to 120. If it does happen, I'd like to see it happen one of two ways.

My preferred release of levels beyond 99 would be incremental. Jagex could "surprise" us with a new level cap of 100 in all skills (regardless of new level 100 content or not) with an announcement of a 120 skill cap in the distant future. They should then release skill caps in between (101, 102, 103, etc.) every other month along with new content for each skill above 99. Each skill wouldn't need content at every level above 99 but at least one new thing every 5 levels or so. Taking 40 months to go from a skill cap of 100 to 120 with new content for each skill along the way would be a great way to encourage people to play the entire time. I'd also like to see a lot more untradeable content because those make the game more fun IMO.

The other way I could see Jagex bringing all skills to a level 120 cap is by doing each skill individually or in small groups. If they chose this method, I'd start with releasing 120 combats (Atk, Str, Def, Hp, Mage, Range) to start. This would really create chaos for the game for a good amount of time, but if they released new bosses to go along with higher combat stats, I think people would accept it better. The next batch could then be combat related skills (Prayer, Summoning, Slayer). After that I'd like to see the F2P non-combat skills (Cooking, Crafting, Firemaking, Fishing, Mining, Runecrafting, Smithing, Woodcutting) come next, preferably in two batches. Lastly add the P2P non-combats (Agility, Construction, Farming, Fletching, Herblore, Hunter, Thieving), again in two batches. The spacing between each batch could be 6 months to allow for new content in each skill and it would take 3 years to get all skills to a new cap of 120.

Either way, I see it as an inevitability that Jagex makes new skill cap of level 120, it's only a matter of time. I think the best approach is to first have content released along with new skill caps so it doesn't feel like just another longer grind for a pointless level number. I'd also like to see Jagex stretch out the increasing of level caps. Worthwhile rewards for obtaining level 100+ is also a must IMO (ie. untradeable content).

mr__gandalf.png

Wow, yet another topic. Are you sure you're not Undo?

There's already been threads on this subject. Resurrect one of those.

Haha one of the first things that came to my mind when I saw this thread.

[hide]

unbinding green's kidneys for ltk's heart

do you farm guam like me sir ltk

[/hide]

Raising combats and stuff would be neat considering I already have them above 99. But 120 runecrafting... I don't think some skills would be wise to raise.

thats one of the case's where the skill its self needs fixing b4 exspanding it.

even so... 120 rc *shutters*

mlpfim20percentcoolersi.jpg

I'm a Brony and proud of it!