Max Level Cap increased to 120?

amitoz

133 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like it if all Stat Level Caps were raised to above 99?

• I would love it. (explain why in the comments)
    • Neutral/Don't care
    • I would dislike it. (explain why in the comments)

Agreed.

I also just ran a quick search (not many people do this when they decide to create a new thread) and discovered that there are many threads about this same subject.

http://forum.tip.it/topic/271182-before-jagex-increases-the-level-caps-to-120/page__hl__raising+

One out of multiple..

Low_C.png

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd like to see more content for skills that we already have and have something to do at the top end of skill. Like a 95 and 99 slayer monster or something a long those lines before they just start raising the skills. They need the content to fill them.

I'd like to see an "infinite" level cap.. - Just so you can keep levelling for ever.

This would also allow jagex to keep coming with new stuff at later stages in the game!

First they came to fishing

and I didn't speak out because I wasn't fishing

Then they came to the yews

and I didn't speak out because I didn't cut yews

Then they came for the ores

and I didn't speak out because I didn't collect ores

Then they came for me

and there was no one left to speak out for me.

It would be quite interesting to see what ideas they would come up with for skills after level 99. The only downside I can see with this is that (knowing Jagex), they would probably add a lot of new ways to gain faster XP thus destoying the current achievement of a level 99. Yet personally, I wouldn't mind having a 120 cape.

I'd like to see an "infinite" level cap.. - Just so you can keep levelling for ever.

I think people would train until they literally drop dead if they decided to such a thing..

It would be quite interesting to see what ideas they would come up with for skills after level 99. The only downside I can see with this is that (knowing Jagex), they would probably add a lot of new ways to gain faster XP thus destoying the current achievement of a level 99. Yet personally, I wouldn't mind having a 120 cape.

I think people would train until they literally drop dead if they decided to such a thing..

if people are dropping dead to train to infinite level, the problem is not with the game, its stupid people doing dumb stuff.

if people are dropping dead to train to infinite level, the problem is not with the game, its stupid people doing dumb stuff.

Probably the reason why there is a XP cap in the first place.

I just enjoy watching my levels raise, and the ones I have left under 99 aren't ones I plan to train. So sure, bring on the 120's. :thumbup:

You're accusing me of bigotry, how ironic. It's a nice attempt at argument, but your responses are facile and asinine, if not diatribe. Who's arrogant now?

This would also allow jagex to keep coming with new stuff at later stages in the game!

I play runescape for run. I've played since '05 when I was 11 and never felt a desire to grind my life away. I've taken a year long break before. I just enjoy relaxing playing a game. With this in mind, I honestly don't see myself getting multiple 99s ever. So the idea of an infinite level cap sounds fine to me. If people are playing runescape for fun, then it shouldn't be a problem. The majority of RS population enjoy setting and achieving goals. So having an infinite number of goals is a good idea to me. The reason I like this is that I don't like that the guy with 13.2M strength xp is just as good as a guy with 200M. But, with an infinite cap, people will simply get more and more powerful. Honestly this may actually take some of the fun out of the game. If someone with with 200M strength xp now is level 135 strength, the challenge of Runescape is gone, therefore the fun is gone also. If Jagex does either extend all levels to 120 or an infinite system, they will need to update almost all areas of the game to ensure the challenge of the game is preserved. That would involve creating insanely high content that 0.001% of the RS population can access. And I'm fine with that.

On a side note, since Jagex let dungeoneering go to 120, isn't 120 in everything inevitable at some point?

vettro.png

As much as I'd love an "infinite" level cap, it would take a hell of a lot of recoding so that exp values can be stored in a 64 bit integer. Not to mention the extra lag of storing / processing 64 bit ints for every single player.

Of course if they ever did that they would also need to change the way LP's are given to be similar to other RPGs where each successive level gives slightly more HP than the last. Because if anyone ever got to something crazy like 130+ strength we'd all be doomed.

As much as I'd love an "infinite" level cap, it would take a hell of a lot of recoding so that exp values can be stored in a 64 bit integer. Not to mention the extra lag of storing / processing 64 bit ints for every single player.

Of course if they ever did that they would also need to change the way LP's are given to be similar to other RPGs where each successive level gives slightly more HP than the last. Because if anyone ever got to something crazy like 130+ strength we'd all be doomed.

That would change RS too greatly to be defined as the same game.

Amitoz.png

Come to my Clan chat (I'm there if I'm online) if you wish to borrow a Green H'ween mask, Blue H'ween Mask, Red H'ween Mask, or Santa for a reasonable price.

That would change RS too greatly to be defined as the same game.

Ah, well I think it would be a bit refreshing. The game quite frankly is starting to stagnate with the vast number of people with maxed combat. It gets a little boring when you're on top with the only challenge being other players with near maxed combat. If there were no limit there would always be someone better than you; always another goal to reach.

Of course it goes without saying if this were done that new bosses would need to be released. The current ones would be too easy, but then again that's just the way things go. Look at the poor King Black Dragon. He used to be a serious boss back in the days of RSC. Now any average joe with a chaotic rapier can dominate him like he's a mere goblin.

Don't raise any combat caps above 99. please. Death of pking. Deja Vu Xiii would be one hell of a beast in pvp though... like no one would fight him lmao

Started free trade with 1.5m cash. 2 weeks later, have hit max cash 2x.

PvP drops: 359 Brawling Gloves, 11 Vesta's Longswords, 41+ Zaros/Ancient Statues

9 Dragon Full Helms, 3 Dragonfire Shields on the old PvP loot system

Brawler guide is being finished!

Uhm these data is so small.. Instead of 1 byte you use 2 bytes. - The storage would only increase by like 50 bytes a player? Even for 10 milion people it would only be 500 MB of extra server space in total. That is cheap...

Also it wouldn't slow down: any modern computer (especially ones in data centres) are already 64bit, so a 64bit (unsigned) integer can fit in 1 memory block, and can be used natively on the CPU.. (but even if they couldn't, CPU's handle for a long time already 64-bit data by simply assigning eax & ecp registrers for a number and the slow down is completely unnoticable).

Technical there is no limitation to the maximum number (alright: there is "a" limitation, but even with 64bit it is higher xp than a human can achieve in his life).

First they came to fishing

and I didn't speak out because I wasn't fishing

Then they came to the yews

and I didn't speak out because I didn't cut yews

Then they came for the ores

and I didn't speak out because I didn't collect ores

Then they came for me

and there was no one left to speak out for me.

Runescape already has plenty of hours of game play, I've netted 5,000+ and I'm still not happy with my stats and achievements.. Only select skills should even think about going past 99 and those still need filler content. I'm sure we won't see this until jagex fill the gaps and start losing maxed level customers when more and more get to that point.

Low_C.png

Personally i would enjoy 120 as max levels, more to achieve and loads of new items and bosses could be introduced.

+1.

Runescape already has plenty of hours of game play, I've netted 5,000+ and I'm still not happy with my stats and achievements.. Only select skills should even think about going past 99 and those still need filler content. I'm sure we won't see this until jagex fill the gaps and start losing maxed level customers when more and more get to that point.

Name the skills you think would most need improvement.

Amitoz.png

Come to my Clan chat (I'm there if I'm online) if you wish to borrow a Green H'ween mask, Blue H'ween Mask, Red H'ween Mask, or Santa for a reasonable price.

supose you chould chosue what level skills end at, does not need to be 120. what would you make the max levels be?

tbh i would be happy makeing all skills besdies dunge max at level 100, 99 no longer has its reasons to stay with us.

one thing worth noteing is how dunge gives you xp, the xp you get is based entirely on your level (at least at a basics). other skills go im jumps.

woodcuting gets slowly faster from 1 to 14 but at 15 it jumps quite a lot. then slowly rises until 29... if a system like that was put in to every skill then raiseing the level caps would not be maddening to anyone who wants level 120 rc :mellow:

mlpfim20percentcoolersi.jpg

I'm a Brony and proud of it!

Why are you bumping a general discussion topic?

I'll respond to your question and say Constitution and maybe melee's if done properly.

Most likely won't happen, Dungeoneering was meant to be end game content, I see Jagex working on filling gaps rather than expanding skills further.

Low_C.png

Rather they add "elite" skill capes. The xp for each would change. Maybe 50m-100m attack, 30m slayer, 30 rc, 40m agility, etc.

Stonewall337.png
[hide=Drops]Araxxor Eye x1 Leg pieces x2
GWD: 5000 Addy bar Steam B Staff x3 Z Spear x6 Sara. Hilt x2 Bandos Hilt x2 (LS, Solo)SS x6 (1 LS)
Tormented Demons: Shard x6 Slice x5 Claws x9 Limbs x3
DKS: Archer x21 Warrior x31 Berserker x30 Axe x51[/hide]

supose you chould chosue what level skills end at, does not need to be 120. what would you make the max levels be?

tbh i would be happy makeing all skills besdies dunge max at level 100, 99 no longer has its reasons to stay with us.

one thing worth noteing is how dunge gives you xp, the xp you get is based entirely on your level (at least at a basics). other skills go im jumps.

woodcuting gets slowly faster from 1 to 14 but at 15 it jumps quite a lot. then slowly rises until 29... if a system like that was put in to every skill then raiseing the level caps would not be maddening to anyone who wants level 120 rc :mellow:

I suppose.. but that would take the challenge away.

Amitoz.png