Meds

EarthySun

I'm about to start up on Paxil for depression (which my brother is already on), and I've been wondering if any other TIFers are taking any medications for various problems. If so (and I don't care if it's legal or illegal), what are you taking for it?

Also, what do you think about the medical system/facilities in your country?

Dude, don't take Paxil. It's like Accutane for depression. Don't people research stuff before taking the rx? (I was on Paxil so I can testify)

I've taken Accutane two or three cycles, no side effects from those (aside from dry lips & nose).

Also, I'm taking Paxil 10mg (sometimes I double or triple it though) a day right now for a mix of anxiety and depression for the past couple months. Aside from when I had the famous Paxil Flu (withdrawal) from not being able to take it for a week, no complaints yet. Sure as [cabbage] beats puking every day, that's for sure

My view on drugs seems to be more common than I thought. With almost everyone I know in real life, got an ache? Go clog up the free medical system.

It's called preventative healthcare. Cheaper to fix someone when they're in the early stages of their ailment than when they're further along

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nothing here.

I honestly rarely take medicine. I really do think that people who take advil every time they get a little headache are kind of screwing themselves over to be honest because it seems like you get to a point where you need it for them.

So yeah I really am a firm believer that its better to let your immune system fight it out and build up a resistance. Of course I'm just talking about the small stuff here. (colds, headaches, ect.)

Nothing here.

I honestly rarely take medicine. I really do think that people who take advil every time they get a little headache are kind of screwing themselves over to be honest because it seems like you get to a point where you need it for them.

So yeah I really am a firm believer that its better to let your immune system fight it out and build up a resistance. Of course I'm just talking about the small stuff here. (colds, headaches, ect.)

This, also.

#KERR2016/17/18/19/20/21.

#rpgformod

I've got various inhalers for my asthma that I've taken for a long time. Terbutaline (blue), budesonide (brown) and my cool new blue & brown in one inhaler, Symbicort (red). I've gone through various different types of inhalers. Just sprays, sprays with a big tube thing when I couldn't spray them properly and, what I have now, turbohalers.

I also take paracetamol fairly regularly, I'd say at least once a week, for my headaches. I also have to take fairly heavy amounts of it when it gets to that time of the month <_<

umilambdaberncgsig.jpg

I edit for the [Tip.It Times]. I rarely write in [My Blog]. I am an [Ex-Moderator].

Humalog insulin 'cause of mah 'betes. Generic Claritin when my allergies are acting up, and melatonin because I can't sleep worth crap.

And a large amount of ibuprofen... Because I've got crappy knees, bad posture, and a crappy bed.

Nothing here.

This is very true for me, I managed to get a 3.7 gpa in high school working full time with diagnosed ADHD, so people who are like "i cant make it broski" it's like "try harder bro." But I may be looking into trying out Adderall, because I'll be applying for a position at my job soon, where you have to be focused like... 24/7. (But it pays great!)

And I rarely take meds, like I just tough it out subconsciously. Like "omg im tired" but I forget to take energy pills etc. lol. And I completely agree about the immune system part, but I also take a lot of vitamins, because if your body overcomes it naturally it will be more ready to defend next time (and you may not have medication the next time as well.)

Fun fact: (learned it from my pre med friend, but I could be wrong since it's hearsay) but the majority of headaches are a lack of water. So sometimes when I get a headache I just drink a bit of water and it gets lessened.

no meds. just vitamins

Word. I have taken them everyday for 5 years.

I have all the 99s, and have been playing since 2001. Comped 4/30/15 

My Araxxi Kills: 459::Araxxi Drops(KC):

Araxxi Hilts: 4x Eye (14/126/149/459), Web - (100) Fang (193)

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)
Boss Pets: Supreme - 848 KC

If you play Xbox One - Add me! GT: Urtehnoes - Currently on a Destiny binge 

Fun fact: (learned it from my pre med friend, but I could be wrong since it's hearsay) but the majority of headaches are a lack of water. So sometimes when I get a headache I just drink a bit of water and it gets lessened.

Eh, water doesn't work for me too much. Advil doesn't work too much neither, but I don't want to take like four pills at a time either.

I've tried almost everything and the only pain relief I can get is cold. Ice on your neck, ice on your forhead, does a lot more than pointless pills do.

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

I pretty much feel the same way about meds as Skeptical. In many cases, it's nothing but an underhanded marketing scheme. Sometimes the health problems are exacerbated by the meds, or even cause brand new ones to arise. And on the other hand, a lot of people just take advantage of it to get high or to sell them on the street for a huge profit. I don't see how having a large portion of society on meds makes things any better.

That being said, cannabis is the most suitable form of medication because it essentially makes everything okay.

Vitamin pills for vitamins (need to lrn2eathealthy), and I apply some cream to my skin for some rash.

Dragon drops: 82 (2 claws)

Dagannoth kings drops: 73

Barrows item count: 51

GWD drops: 54 (5 hilts: 1x bandos, 3x saradomin, 1x zamorak)

Whips: 4

Sigils: 1x spectral (FFA), 1x arcane (FFA)

Basically just asthma medicine whenever my chest feels tight and allergy medicine during the spring and fall.

I don't like taking pain killers or anything unless I absolutely have to.

Oddly enough, I get sick when I take vitamins.

sig2-1.png

Last.Fm

My Bloggy

Proud to have served on Tip.it Crew

I don't take anything (excluding a vitamin every now and then perhaps.) I usually stay healthy, but for some reason medicines usually don't react well with me. Like say I have a stuffy/runny nose. I take something for it and it gets worse. Even over time it just stays like that and does nothing.

vizardsig-1.png

I pretty much feel the same way about meds as Skeptical. In many cases, it's nothing but an underhanded marketing scheme. Sometimes the health problems are exacerbated by the meds, or even cause brand new ones to arise. And on the other hand, a lot of people just take advantage of it to get high or to sell them on the street for a huge profit. I don't see how having a large portion of society on meds makes things any better.

That being said, cannabis is the most suitable form of medication because it essentially makes everything okay.

Unless, the illness you need a rx for is starvation.

And I guess that's bad about rx, but really it's the clients fault for being duped in. There's so many placebo pills out there it's laughable. We answer calls at my job for this "laser spine center" which everyone knows is a scam where they steal thousands of dollars, and these people still go along with it because they don't google it for 4 seconds. You can research a rx your dr gives you before you fill it out. And I think that's the one part of "free market" I don't really like, is the facts that scams can become successful. However, those can happen just as common in other, non as free markets. But this is just off topic.

So yea, but I don't really see the point in the majority of medication out there, I mean, if you have ADHD, work harder at concentrating. High cholesteral? Eat not as fatty foods. Of course there are going to be people who legitmately need it, but for craps sake, show some discipline.

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)

I've never really taken any meds before. I used to take multivitamins, but then forgot about them after like a week or two and never took them again. My diet is fine so it probably wasn't even necessary. And last year my doctor told me to use an inhaler for some reason, never used it once, and I'm fine. :???:

You people are surprisingly liberal about your medication intake.. I don't take any personally but if I did I sure as hell wouldn't share with everybody. This one girl in my lab went on and on about the [cabbage] she was on for 10 years of her life - anti-depressants, steroids, sleeping pills... the list kept going on and nobody had the balls to make her stop talking (especially after the mention of steroids).

ITS JUST WEIRD OK?

hiccup.png

You people are surprisingly liberal about your medication intake.. I don't take any personally but if I did I sure as hell wouldn't share with everybody. This one girl in my lab went on and on about the [cabbage] she was on for 10 years of her life - anti-depressants, steroids, sleeping pills... the list kept going on and nobody had the balls to make her stop talking (especially after the mention of steroids).

ITS JUST WEIRD OK?

[bleep] you, having anxiety/depression sucks and if medication is the only thing that makes it stop or minimizes it so I can function normally, then I'm going to take it and shouldn't have to hide it or anything (granted she said too much). It doesn't just magically go away on it's own, or last a short while like a cold. Anyone who says it does has never experienced it

ITS JUST WEIRD OK?

[bleep] you, having anxiety/depression sucks and if medication is the only thing that makes it stop or minimizes it so I can function normally, then I'm going to take it and shouldn't have to hide it or anything (granted she said too much). It doesn't just magically go away on it's own, or last a short while like a cold. Anyone who says it does has never experienced it

In all seriousness, I think I can safely say I've experienced what it's like to get into anxiety attacks and deep suicidal depression, for the majority of my life. (Gay kid, Christian household) And I got out of it myself, besides perhaps a 2 year stint back in 8th grade on drugs.

You have to will it, and it sounds like you don't want to will it.

ITS JUST WEIRD OK?

In all seriousness, I think I can safely say I've experienced what it's like to get into anxiety attacks and deep suicidal depression, for the majority of my life. (Gay kid, Christian household) And I got out of it myself, besides perhaps a 2 year stint back in 8th grade on drugs.

You have to will it, and it sounds like you don't want to will it.

I agree. Anyone who says they need their pills has probably just formed a dependency.

But yeah, many people work through depression and anxiety without the aid of artificial chemicals. I would even wager to say it's the mentally healthier option. "I overcame this on my own."

I never realised people actually had big opinions on medication. In my house I'm used to being surrounded by it. My parents are both on anti-depresants, my mum takes epilepsy medication and my dad is on bloody morphine for his back...

As for 'people don't need anti-depressants', I'd like to remind you that people are DIFFERENT and depression isn't something that can be magicked away. Some people can do it with willpower other's can't.

umilambdaberncgsig.jpg

I edit for the [Tip.It Times]. I rarely write in [My Blog]. I am an [Ex-Moderator].

It boggles my mind hearing about the amount of synthesized [cabbage] people put into their bodies on a regular basis. I get a stomach flu or strep like once a year, let it run its course, and spend the rest of my time happy and healthy. I mean, painkillers I understand, because headaches can be brutal, and menstrual cramps, injuries, etc. that keep you from functioning normally. But that should be the exception rather than the rule.

I don't get it. Maybe I'm just lucky.

p2gq.jpg