The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Discussion Thread

sephiroth_king

This game is a straight up bible like I expected, already clocked in 13 hours. Anyone doing that quest you get from reading a book? You need to collect 3 amulet pieces, there's this one place named Saarthal Excavation and it requires a key, but I have no idea where to get this, anyone know?

I believe you get it during the College of Winterhold questline.

priest_wiz.png

Spent about the last 2hrs walking around the map finding random little places for fast travel. It sucked, but I know it was well worth it in the long run. I'm also finding that any mage that uses a fire spell will destroy me in less then 5 seconds, it's not even funny.

Which race did you choose? If you chose High Elf that'd do it.

I'm playing as a Nord.

What city is the Theives Guild in?

tFtfA.jpg

This game is a straight up bible like I expected, already clocked in 13 hours. Anyone doing that quest you get from reading a book? You need to collect 3 amulet pieces, there's this one place named Saarthal Excavation and it requires a key, but I have no idea where to get this, anyone know?

So that's the only way in? I don't even have the magicka level to cast the spell to be allowed access to there, lmao.

skyrim_by_katri_n-d3hewko.png

Spent about the last 2hrs walking around the map finding random little places for fast travel. It sucked, but I know it was well worth it in the long run. I'm also finding that any mage that uses a fire spell will destroy me in less then 5 seconds, it's not even funny.

Which race did you choose? If you chose High Elf that'd do it.

I'm playing as a Nord.

What city is the Theives Guild in?

Riften. Hang around near the marketplace.

So that's the only way in? I don't even have the magicka level to cast the spell to be allowed access to there, lmao.

Afraid so. Start training :P

priest_wiz.png

Jesus, I was hoping on going through the whole game as a pure tank, oh well anythings fun in this game. <3:

skyrim_by_katri_n-d3hewko.png

Jesus, I was hoping on going through the whole game as a pure tank, oh well anythings fun in this game. <3:

Magic seems to be pretty OP in skyrim. Most thing dying in one hit, and if they don't, my magic stuns them so I can hold them back while I finish them off, and then I have shouts.

So it seems we still got [bleep]ed over on enchating items unless the later levels of better enchantments really jump in quality. Lvl 1 is 20% better enchantments, lvl 2 is 25% better enchantments, there's 5 levels. So going with the pattern that would be 40% better at level 5.

Right now at level 1 enchanting, destruction and magicka regen enchantment is 5% and 10% respectively. So if I get 40% better effects, assuming it goes by that level 1 is 20% already and level 5's 40% will be from no level (0%) that will still not be as good as regular enchanted clothing from a store.

Oh and just so any of you know, and I didn't until I tried, magicka and destruction is counted is one effect so you need to deconstruct one of those items to get that effect, I assume magicka and <insert magic skill here> are the same as well, treated as one effect.

So I ran across a dragon today and it was odd because that dragon had a name, which so far the only three dragons that have had names have been important to the story, but i'm done with the story now. I haven't seen another dragon to see if others have names though now.

So I ran across a dragon today and it was odd because that dragon had a name, which so far the only three dragons that have had names have been important to the story, but i'm done with the story now. I haven't seen another dragon to see if others have names though now.

I've seen about 5 named dragons during the main quest. Do you remember the name?

priest_wiz.png

I've seen about 5 named dragons during the main quest. Do you remember the name?

No I dont. Two giants killed him though, he really didn't care about me that much. That was a chaotic battle though, 2 giants, 2 mammoths, 2 spriggans,me, and a dragon, all in one battle. Twas very epic, and the dragon didn't get any kills, I had to kill everything in that battle besides the dragon.

Me: Okay, there's a shortcut that takes me over an icy mountain

>roars are heard

Me: Eh, moving along

Then right out of left field, ice dragon. What do? Why, go my flame atronach and toast him. Fire is 2x super effective against ice, see?

I'm just working on the College storyline for now.

I was going to eat hot dogs for dinner tonight. I think I will settle for cereal.

OPEN WIDE HERE COMES THE HELICOPTER.

Me: Okay, there's a shortcut that takes me over an icy mountain

>roars are heard

Me: Eh, moving along

Then right out of left field, ice dragon. What do? Why, go my flame atronach and toast him. Fire is 2x super effective against ice, see?

I'm just working on the College storyline for now.

I dont see much of a damage difference on dragons as long as you dont use the type of element they are. Fire damage doesn't seem to do as much on a fire dragon, but ice seems to do the same as shock damage on the same fire dragon.

Hah my flame atronach has saved my ass a couple of times when I've underestimated a couple of enemies.

Has anyone else had Dark Brotherhood assassins come after them? I ran across two, killed them both times. I'm not sure if it's a similar idea to the bandits that try to rob you when you're travelling or if I've done something to encourage this but as far as I know, I've had absolutely nothing to do with the Brotherhood just yet.

It isn't in the castle, It isn't in the mist, It's a calling of the waters, As they break to show, The new Black Death, With reactors aglow, Do you think your security, Can keep you in purity, You will not shake us off above or below

Scottish friction

Scottish fiction

@Sprint, I believe that is the Skyrim equivalent to a Random Event; for example I'm sure while exploring you've come across treasure hunters or hunters who are trying to slaughter a deer.

And in relation to the dragons; most dragons have resistance to fire however frost dragons (Identified as they destroy you with their ice breath) are indeed quite weak to fire, as pointed out!

There are a few which seem not to have any weaknesses though I've found that Frostspider poison is quite effective against them as even if they take off after you melee them or you hit them with a bow while they're still flying, you still damage them a bit

Anybody figured out the Werewolf stuff yet? Hearing that you can't get any disease if you're a Lycan!

EAVnEYl.png

Visit my blog! Click the madness for more madness!

Hah my flame atronach has saved my ass a couple of times when I've underestimated a couple of enemies.

Has anyone else had Dark Brotherhood assassins come after them? I ran across two, killed them both times. I'm not sure if it's a similar idea to the bandits that try to rob you when you're travelling or if I've done something to encourage this but as far as I know, I've had absolutely nothing to do with the Brotherhood just yet.

I just had an assassin come after me on my way to Riften. No clue what I did to have one sent after me though.

tFtfA.jpg

@Sprint, I believe that is the Skyrim equivalent to a Random Event; for example I'm sure while exploring you've come across treasure hunters or hunters who are trying to slaughter a deer.

And in relation to the dragons; most dragons have resistance to fire however frost dragons (Identified as they destroy you with their ice breath) are indeed quite weak to fire, as pointed out!

There are a few which seem not to have any weaknesses though I've found that Frostspider poison is quite effective against them as even if they take off after you melee them or you hit them with a bow while they're still flying, you still damage them a bit

Anybody figured out the Werewolf stuff yet? Hearing that you can't get any disease if you're a Lycan!

[spoiler=don't read if you don't want to find out how to become a werewolf]Becoming a werewolf is part of the Companions quests.

I also had a Dark Brotherhood assassin coming after me. No idea what I did to cause that.

priest_wiz.png

[spoiler=don't read if you don't want to find out how to become a werewolf]Becoming a werewolf is part of the Companions quests.

I also had a Dark Brotherhood assassin coming after me. No idea what I did to cause that.

I had a band of thugs with an assassination order chase after me. I was farming a potato field, and accidentally "stole" a shovel. Like two days later it turns out that farmer put a hit on me if the note on their bodies is any indication.

Cue me heading back and killing that [bleep] of a farmgirl.

I was going to eat hot dogs for dinner tonight. I think I will settle for cereal.

Thinking of getting this game, should I go for xbox 360 or pc?

PC. When people make mods for it...you'll be sorry for going Xbox.

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

I had a band of thugs with an assassination order chase after me. I was farming a potato field, and accidentally "stole" a shovel. Like two days later it turns out that farmer put a hit on me if the note on their bodies is any indication.

Cue me heading back and killing that [bleep] of a farmgirl.

It's not always so specific. When I read the notes assassins are carrying it just says somebody wants me dead, i've fought 2.

Okay how the [bleep] DO YOU BEAT MOROKAI? Stupid [bleep]ing imba lightning bolt.

How do you see what level stuff is? I'm like level 10 but I never know how high the stuff I'm fighting is.

And a dragon killed my horse so I had to buy a new one :(

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti