The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Discussion Thread

sephiroth_king

+1. If es went mmo i might just die inside.

Whats so bad about an MMO?

It's just hard to imagine the game so drastically changed, especially since this coincides with the rumor that they were going to release an mmorpg soon. I don't mind either way, so long as there's offline play/story mode.

hzvjpwS.gif

Are there any mmorpgs on consoles that allow you to talk out-loud to or interact with people that you meet? I'd like to see a game use that. Will Skyrim incorporate kinnect or have they not released many details?

Low_C.png

Are there any mmorpgs on consoles that allow you to talk out-loud to or interact with people that you meet? I'd like to see a game use that. Will Skyrim incorporate kinnect or have they not released many details?

I'll post info as I sees 'em.

But nothing has really been told other than speculation and the likes of things like that.

Hoping to get a new Signature (with matching avatar) soon. :D

In the meantime...Steam username: )I'll rewrite it later (add me if you want)

I'm most likely going to get this on my 360 to be able to talk to my friends as we all play it, but if I have a good pc by then I'll probably dl it and mod the hell out of it, just for fun. Also, I love how the entire gaming world decided to make 2011 amazing, just in time for what will be my hardest year of high school.

[hide=99s]47,297th to 99 Attack, 12/10/08
47,898th to 99 Hitpoints, 3/29/09
78,286th to 99 Strength, 4/5/09
36,125th to 99 Range, 6/7/09, 12:30 in the morning.
70,280th to 99 Defence, 4/16/10
67,781st to 99 Magic, 8/13/10
Somethingth to 99 Slayer on some day during the Summer (I forgot to write it down)
169,099th to 99 Cooking , 4/9/11
Idk what to 99 fm at some point
Idk what to 99 prayer on 1/28/2012

?? 99 thieving 12/30/2015

?? 99 herblore 1/2/2016, ?? 99 dungeoneering 9/5/2016[/hide]

s2k10n.png

Even if it's a dumb story, telling it changes other people just the slightest little bit, just as living the story changes me. An infinitesimal change. And that infinitesimal change ripples outward-ever smaller but everlasting. I will get forgotten, but the stories will last. And so we all matter-maybe less than a lot, but always more than none.

-John Green (An Abundance of Katherines)

I also doubt the MMORPG rumour myself, but I was just pointing it out. Skyrim would make for a rather small location, tbh.

Am I the only PS3-user around here? :blink:

I have a ps3, but on games like this I like the ability to mod it. A modded oblivion was a completely different game from vanilla, I expect skyrim would be the same.

I also doubt the MMORPG rumour myself, but I was just pointing it out. Skyrim would make for a rather small location, tbh.

Am I the only PS3-user around here? :blink:

I have a ps3, but on games like this I like the ability to mod it. A modded oblivion was a completely different game from vanilla, I expect skyrim would be the same.

I doubt my PC will be able to handle it :P

priest_wiz.png

It should be illegal to play a ES game on anything but PC.

*thwaps on head with newspaper*

NO.

It'll suck up enough of my life on 360, I don't need tons of awesome mods to extend that.

LOTRjokesigedition-1.png

Get back here so I can rub your butt.

Upgrade your computer then :) Can't miss out on the badass-ness of modding ES games.

Laptop <_<

He still has a point. You haven't played an ES game if you haven't modded it.

Mods really do make a game, especially with the various options that you have for the mods. I mean, Deadly Reflex is still one of my favorite mods alongside Unnecessary Violence in Oblivion. Incredible mods especially since the newest version of Deadly Reflex just came out with horse combat. Then theres the minimap hud element.

Point is, there is plenty of talent out there that can enhance the game.

I really do wish I could post the pictures of the GI magazine when they come out, but I know thats against copyright law, but I did hear that GI will have its own dedicated Skyrim galleries and its own page on their site, which I will post there and, of course, link the site. Bethesda should release some things soon, though. I'm expecting something after this week, and if not then, then January.

I just want to see what this new engine can do, to be honest. And I will mention that 1000x over until they release pictures. :P

Upgrade your computer then :) Can't miss out on the badass-ness of modding ES games.

Laptop <_<

He still has a point. You haven't played an ES game if you haven't modded it.

Mods really do make a game, especially with the various options that you have for the mods. I mean, Deadly Reflex is still one of my favorite mods alongside Unnecessary Violence in Oblivion. Incredible mods especially since the newest version of Deadly Reflex just came out with horse combat. Then theres the minimap hud element.

Point is, there is plenty of talent out there that can enhance the game.

I really do wish I could post the pictures of the GI magazine when they come out, but I know thats against copyright law, but I did hear that GI will have its own dedicated Skyrim galleries and its own page on their site, which I will post there and, of course, link the site. Bethesda should release some things soon, though. I'm expecting something after this week, and if not then, then January.

I just want to see what this new engine can do, to be honest. And I will mention that 1000x over until they release pictures. :P

Deadly reflex? I don't believe I heard of that one.

Besides all natural (so pretty) my favorite mod would have have to been eagle eye, the game is tailored to the melee class, most games are, eagle eye actually makes archery worth a damn. I actually didn't wear armor in battle, I wore my enchanted clothes and always got in a sneak attack, most things were 1 hit kills. (enchanted being I boosted the [bleep] out of my marksman and sneak.)

Besides all natural (so pretty) my favorite mod would have have to been eagle eye, the game is tailored to the melee class, most games are, eagle eye actually makes archery worth a damn. I actually didn't wear armor in battle, I wore my enchanted clothes and always got in a sneak attack, most things were 1 hit kills. (enchanted being I boosted the [bleep] out of my marksman and sneak.)

Deadly Reflex is awesome. Horse Combat, more fluid melee strikes (i.e. decapitations) and awesome animations. Definitely one to check out.

Eagle eye is also an amazing mod, I love being an archer and a mage, always <3'd distance fighting more than anything else, that's why I use Midas magic. Fantastic if you want to be both.

I just hope that there's is an improved combat spectrum in Skyrim, and I'm confident that this will happen with the new engine. Hopefully they'll actually have "radiant AI," I mean they have it but it is not as they had originally hyped it to be.

Deadly Reflex is awesome. Horse Combat, more fluid melee strikes (i.e. decapitations) and awesome animations. Definitely one to check out.

Eagle eye is also an amazing mod, I love being an archer and a mage, always <3'd distance fighting more than anything else, that's why I use Midas magic. Fantastic if you want to be both.

I just hope that there's is an improved combat spectrum in Skyrim, and I'm confident that this will happen with the new engine. Hopefully they'll actually have "radiant AI," I mean they have it but it is not as they had originally hyped it to be.

OBMS (I believe that's the one.) has 4 different magic mods you need before you can install it, Midas magic being one. I had it installed but haven't played through oblivion as a mage. Honestly most of the time magic is so horribly underpowered that I would never want to use it, ever. I reloaded my computer since then and don't have oblivion installed now, but when I do reinstall it sometime, i'd like to play through it as a mage. I played through vanilla as a warrior, i'm sure that'd be much different now too.

But I have a question, what's the worst mod you ever installed?

Mine is realistic fatigue, sounded fine in the description, you need to manage your fatigue, as it goes down you tire, movements slow, and if it's low enough you can trip, add a little more realism to the game. Except the fatique bar never went down, so i'd just randomly trip if I was trying not to die, and wouldn't have any warning I would.

and I do have a second worse one. The first time I went on the Nexus, in the showcased mods there was this vampireism mod, which turns out was a twilight based vampirism mod. I installed it, became a vampire, etc. There's only one thing it changed, any time the sun is out you got a status called "bright sun" which would put a 50000 gold bounty on your head so every guard in the entire city would want to kill you. And then when I tried to disable it, I couldn't or I would lose my save game. So I had to deal with it long enough to do the quest to cure my vampireism, only to find out that it didn't allow the cure to work. And then I used the developer console to get rid of it. NEVER FKING AGAIN.

Also because FEZ doesn't allow you to say the word [bleep], ingame we use [bleep], i've noticed many places I started using [bleep] instead, lol.

Note to self: Get better PC next year.

Looks amazing, Oblivion was definately amazing and it had a great modding community also.

Unfortunately if I don't get a better PC I might have to get it on Xbox...

Doomy edit: I like sheep

I have it on my Macbook Pro, and I have a bunch of mods like OOO and it runs fine... but I would really like to get a nice desktop for more intense stuff. I also have it on xbox, cause it's fun to play vanilla every once in a while. The thing about having a complete overhaul like OOO was that there are no guides or locations for anything, so you're exploring and finding everything yourself which makes the game SO much better.

2s0cxth.png

I have it on my Macbook Pro, and I have a bunch of mods like OOO and it runs fine... but I would really like to get a nice desktop for more intense stuff. I also have it on xbox, cause it's fun to play vanilla every once in a while. The thing about having a complete overhaul like OOO was that there are no guides or locations for anything, so you're exploring and finding everything yourself which makes the game SO much better.

Care to explain what OOO is, and does? I would google it, but it's not getting me anywhere.

OBMS (I believe that's the one.) has 4 different magic mods you need before you can install it, Midas magic being one. I had it installed but haven't played through oblivion as a mage. Honestly most of the time magic is so horribly underpowered that I would never want to use it, ever. I reloaded my computer since then and don't have oblivion installed now, but when I do reinstall it sometime, i'd like to play through it as a mage. I played through vanilla as a warrior, i'm sure that'd be much different now too.

The alternative Oblivion Magic System? Yeah, I tried that. It definitely is a pretty good mod, at least I remember liking it. After my finals this week and when I get home, I'll be playing Oblivion. Lots. And I'm going to try that again.

But I have a question, what's the worst mod you ever installed?

Mine is realistic fatigue, sounded fine in the description, you need to manage your fatigue, as it goes down you tire, movements slow, and if it's low enough you can trip, add a little more realism to the game. Except the fatique bar never went down, so i'd just randomly trip if I was trying not to die, and wouldn't have any warning I would.

I remember seeing realistic fatigue and laughing on how absolutely tedious it would be.

Mine is cinematic camera mod, which basically took away first person view entirely and put in a pretty badass 3rd person view, but the reason why it wasn't an entirely basass mod is because it didn't replace the other third person view mod, and this could cause glitching if you're like me and switch from first person view to third often. I guess the camera was hard coded into the vanilla game and first person view wasn't, thus they could replace first person view. Its too bad, I would've used this mod otherwise.

and I do have a second worse one. The first time I went on the Nexus, in the showcased mods there was this vampireism mod, which turns out was a twilight based vampirism mod. I installed it, became a vampire, etc. There's only one thing it changed, any time the sun is out you got a status called "bright sun" which would put a 50000 gold bounty on your head so every guard in the entire city would want to kill you. And then when I tried to disable it, I couldn't or I would lose my save game. So I had to deal with it long enough to do the quest to cure my vampireism, only to find out that it didn't allow the cure to work. And then I used the developer console to get rid of it. NEVER FKING AGAIN.

:lol: That sucks, neevr installed it myself. I did install a vampirism mod, though, and hopefully it isn't the same one you speak of. That would be horrible.

Also because FEZ doesn't allow you to say the word [bleep], ingame we use [bleep], i've noticed many places I started using [bleep] instead, lol.

:P

Care to explain what OOO is, and does? I would google it, but it's not getting me anywhere.

Oscuro's Oblivion Overhaul, which basically overhauls the game. Makes mobs not level with you, and makesit a lot more rewarding.

Then again, FCOM, or the community overhaul combiner, which combines a bunch of comprehensive overhauls together without conflicts, is the best, though it requires work to actually install.

I'm using my macbook pro for gaming until the new 8 core processors come out for my desktop build, which is still 5 or six months away, give or take a month.

And, as I've said above, OOO is awesome, but FCOM is better, despite the many steps required to install it. I even still have to reinstall it and I'm not particularly excited to do so. :S

The alternative Oblivion Magic System? Yeah, I tried that. It definitely is a pretty good mod, at least I remember liking it. After my finals this week and when I get home, I'll be playing Oblivion. Lots. And I'm going to try that again.

Mine is cinematic camera mod, which basically took away first person view entirely and put in a pretty badass 3rd person view, but the reason why it wasn't an entirely basass mod is because it didn't replace the other third person view mod, and this could cause glitching if you're like me and switch from first person view to third often. I guess the camera was hard coded into the vanilla game and first person view wasn't, thus they could replace first person view. Its too bad, I would've used this mod otherwise.

I had a camera mod, it replaced the 1st person view with a slightly over the shoulder view, a hybrid between the 3rd person view and the first person view, it threw all my aimming off a little, but I preserverd. Why would I bother with customizing my character if I was just gonna be in 1st person view all the time.

This was it:

[spoiler=picture]29942-1-1266549469.jpg

Except that's not my character, that's a SS from the nexus page on the mod

ScreenShot0.jpg

That's me, as you can see, even after I got rid of that dumb vampireism mod, it locked my skin white.

ScreenShot2.jpg

See, so pretty, as for why i'm female, that's a custom race, and it's female only. If you look on my photobucket I also have a picture of me as a mage, it also being female. After I played FEZ, and had my first mage character on there, being female, it's just sort of weird to have a male mage for me, so I don't, all mages are female.

http://www.oscurogamedesign.com/oscurosoblivionoverhaul-desc-high.html

That's his website where you can read about it and download it. It is one of the biggest overhauls, with the other three that FCOM includes like someone else said. It adds new characters, races, npcs, 1000's of items, more quests, dungeon, spells.... the list goes on. It makes everything static, more balanced, and exciting. Also fixes almost every bug. It's basically amazing :thumbup: The website says there's over 1 million dowloads just in north america alone.

2s0cxth.png